[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cayu18 said:

Wait who is the male lead on this cause i am confused.  Tell me i am not shipping the second lead i usually don't fall for second lead syndrome but i think i might be on this one. 

Kim Min Jae :D. Did you also fall for Seo Ji Hoon?^^

Ep 2 ratings...a slight decrease from ep 1..

I cannot lie, I am here to support Gong Seung Yeon.  I have watched her dramas since My Lovely Girl and have fallen in love with her sincere grace and honesty in everything she does.  Being male, I don't care so much about the Flower Boys in this drama as long as they can act and treat my Seungyeonie well.

From what I've read, the initial reviews of the first episode have been good!  This seems like it should be a light-hearted and fun rom-com.  I'm looking forward to it!

I hope this will be another good drama for Gong Seung Yeon.  She is playing another tomboyish part which fits her well!

Shout out to my best friend, USAFarmgirl!  Welcome to this thread!

Ok so I have to say... storyline is good. The script is horrendous. The acting... great except that one guy. Like in episode 2... the character of the flower crew no 3 is just ridiculous. But not in the traditionally fun way that usually silly characters in sageuk are. I think it's just bad acting. Or he's watched way too much reality TV.

But apart from that, everyone else's acting is great.  THE REAL PROBLEM: The script has the EQ of a 10 year old. Like what kind of bride whose husband may hav just ran away / be in danger / disappeared, starts laughing and smiling just a few hours later at an inn? Having fun with teasing the flower crew no 1 guy?? It just took me out of the story. Like it's just the wrong time to put that overused "stay in the same inn" TV trope. Legit. It's not romantic at all. It's either lazy af writing, where they just have a group of people who sit there and piece out "OK. SO WE NEED A STAY-IN-INN-TOGETHER SCENE. WHERE SHOULD WE PUT IT? EP 3? HOW ABOUT RIGHT AFTER A BROKEN WEDDING? COOL." 

Oh my, i did totally fall for seo ji hoon and its not cause he is pretty (although that fact is undeniable). Why, oh why is he the second lead? him and his story are totally first lead material. Don't get me wrong kim min jea is also first lead material and so is his story but i am totally being pulled at the heartstrings by seo ji hoon the poor kidnapped baby. He is so pure and innocent that i can't help but want him to succeed in getting his girl. This totally can't end well for my heart or his. Oh nooooo. 

17 hours ago, Cayu18 said:

Wait who is the male lead on this cause i am confused.  Tell me i am not shipping the second lead i usually don't fall for second lead syndrome but i think i might be on this one. 

Same. Serious second lead syndrome over here too! I am loving Seo Ji Hoon's acting and he has surprisingly strong chemistry with Gong Seungyeon in their scenes together. Lee Soo is so loving and dedicated to Gae Ddong and his situation he has been forced into is so heartbreaking :tears:

13 hours ago, Pewiepew said:

Ok so I have to say... storyline is good. The script is horrendous. The acting... great except that one guy. Like in episode 2... the character of the flower crew no 3 is just ridiculous. But not in the traditionally fun way that usually silly characters in sageuk are. I think it's just bad acting. Or he's watched way too much reality TV.

But apart from that, everyone else's acting is great.  THE REAL PROBLEM: The script has the EQ of a 10 year old. Like what kind of bride whose husband may hav just ran away / be in danger / disappeared, starts laughing and smiling just a few hours later at an inn? Having fun with teasing the flower crew no 1 guy?? It just took me out of the story. Like it's just the wrong time to put that overused "stay in the same inn" TV trope. Legit. It's not romantic at all. It's either lazy af writing, where they just have a group of people who sit there and piece out "OK. SO WE NEED A STAY-IN-INN-TOGETHER SCENE. WHERE SHOULD WE PUT IT? EP 3? HOW ABOUT RIGHT AFTER A BROKEN WEDDING? COOL." 

This! This! This! The cast are great, the storyline is really interesting but the script is very poor in places :mellow: 

- Using the cliched trope of a forced stay in together in the inn the NIGHT of the day her husband disappears. What were they thinking? Like you said that scene might have made sense in a few episodes or if it was used to give some depth or introspection to GD's character. A  normal reaction would have been for GD to be sad, wistful, angry to see the couple meal because she should be sharing this with Lee Soo but instead GD is asking MH to stay with her, teasing him and enjoying the newlywed drink the landlady give them without care. Ma Hoon seemed more upset about the inappropriateness of the situation than she did and she was the one who was jilted at the altar!

- I totally agree the characterisation of GD makes no sense after her best friend/husband to be/family she has disappears. One scene she is upset and distraught and reacting like a normal person, next scene she is being obnoxious and loud and acting like she hasn't a care in the world, next scene worrying about Lee Soo, next scene back to being loud and dumb.

- The writing for GD's characterisation as a whole is quite confusing. Sometimes she is smart and perceptive, other times the script makes her seem like a totally clueless moron.

- Meanwhile Lee Soo is completely dedicated to her, even with every woman in the Palace trying to get into bed with him. He is constantly thinking about and worrying for GD. It makes GD look very selfish and callous in comparison.

- The drama hasn't done a good job of showing us why Ma Hoon already seems to have a soft spot for GD.

- I agree the "cute" short matchmaker acting is very forced and the character is an idiot. He's the one who shrieked out for everyone to hear that Lee Soo had disappeared at the wedding. Then he gets mad at GD for being unlucky when it's his fault everybody knows :rolleyes:

- What is the point of the third tall matchmaker? He's supposed to be their intelligence person but he has yet to do any actual intelligence gathering and MH is obviously the brains of the group. We know nothing about the character except he is a playboy but he isn't even a fun, entertaining playboy. He just seems smug and sleazy. Looks like ep 2 was teasing a romance but why should the audience care when we have been given no reason to care for the character?

- The storyline with the noble lady that is secretly pregnant was just dropped in and then dropped right out of the plot to give Gae Ddong and Ma Hoon some conflict and show how smart he is.  

- OK. I am not a purist and like a bit of fun and don't mind some irreverence in my fusion sageuks but WHAT was up with the random K-pop bits during the audition? It was just jarring!:crazy:

- Did anyone else find it funny that the Flower Crew's claim to fame is that their couples never break up? But the Crew are only 20 years old so they have been doing this job for a few years at the most. It's not like they have been around for decades putting couples together so it's not exactly the greatest claim to fame that couples have lasted 2-3 years!:lol:

I don't want to be completely negative as there are things I like a lot about the drama so far. This post is too long so I will put them in a separate post.

ÐобÑаженнÑ

Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency” co-stars Kim Min Jae and Gong Seung Yeon are full of praise for each other!

The two actors recently posed for the October issue of fashion magazine Elle. They have already been working together on camera for months now, so they were able to show their great chemistry without any sign of awkwardness.

During the interview, Kim Min Jae and Gong Seung Yeon shared that they connect with each other well and expressed their appreciation for each other.

First, Gong Seung Yeon said, “Min Jae takes good care of the people around him. He makes an effort to be close with the actors, and I was surprised to see how considerate he is in all of his actions. He’ll know I’m having a hard time just by looking at my eyes, and he’ll contact me after filming and say, ‘You had a hard time today, didn’t you?'Kim Min Jae commented, “Seung Yeon is very kind. There are many difficult times while filming a historical drama in the middle of summer, but she never frowns or complains. Even if she’s struggling, she won’t show it, and she makes sure the atmosphere on set is great.”

The two actors also hoped “Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency” will become the representative drama of their 20s. Kim Min Jae shared, “Of course, I do my best every time, but I worked so hard on this drama that I can’t even express it in words.” Gong Seung Yeon said, “I’m working really hard and filming happily. It’s a very special drama.”

gong-seung-yeon-kim-min-jae-2.jpg

Spoiler

gong-seung-yeon-kim-min-jae-1.jpg

kim-min-jae.jpg

gong-seung-yeon1.jpg

First impressions  (after watching episode 1 and 2):

I'm a big fan of sageuks, fusion sageuks and so on. And I feel like we had a lack of those this year. But from what I know there are some more planned for 2020... and with Flower Crew, Joseon Romantic and My Country towards the end of this year it's a good start.

Now: with Flower Crew being a fusion sageuk I don't expect much depth and finesse when it comes to the plot and character development. 

I have to admit though that episode 1 was a bit of a letdown. It was a good setup but I wonder if it would've been good to have the whole marriage between Gae Ttong and Soo happen in episode 1 as well. But it is what it is.

I'm not really biased when it comes to Kim Min Jae or Seo Ji Hoon. But I have to admit from the look I'm a bit more drawn to Kim Min Jae (his face is SO interesting, perfect angles everywhere! And it's the perfect yangban face - I buy it 100%). I find his character a bit stereotype though - the typical cold on the outside, hurt inside. I'm interested in his relationship with his father who seems to want him at court (HOW can a son of a high official become a matchmaker - oh yes, it's a fusion sageuk!) and his relationship with his brother. Give us more! And break through the coldness. I mean he isn't cold really. Because in the end he cared for Lady Oh and her unborn child. 

As for Kim Soo... I understand why people could think of him as first lead material. His story is heartbreaking. To be raised as a commoner, only to find out he is actually heir to the throne. And it makes sense for the Queen's fraction to bring in a powerless man from the outside of the palace instead of the murdered and much loved prince who probably would've been a very different king. It's heartbreaking for Kim Soo to take a place he wasn't prepared for and to become a puppet to the state councilor. But I also see potential for Kim Soo to turn into an antagonist. He might be confused and weak now but the anger over being used as a chess piece could turn him into a different type of player. And it would mean character development. No need to make him downright evil but I think to be too good is a bit boring.

As for Gae Ttong: I'm unsure about her - mostly because of the actress. I understand she is well-loved by many here and she is definitely doing a solid job. But I really haven't warmed up to her character yet. I also bought Kim Soo's love for her but to me personally it didn't feel like she felt the same. She loved him, yes, but it wasn't established for me that she was in 100% like Kim Soo is/was. So the romance could go both ways for me - granted, so far I don't see much sparks between Gae Ttong and Ma Hoon either, soooo... they still need to sell it to me. BUT what I enjoyed the most was the difference between Kim Soo and Ma Hoon. Gae Ttong who is afraid of rain and thunder... Kim Soo wants to protect her (which is sweet don't get me wrong) but I thought it was very meaningful that Ma Hoon took Gae Ttong's hand to show her there is nothing to be afraid of and that there are different kinds of rain. So I think if I had to choose I would prefer for Gae Ttong to overcome her angst instead of keeping it alive in order for Kim Soo to be able to protect her. Again, I think he is genuinely in love and is also worried for her. He probably never thought about confronting Gae Ttong with her fear. So I don't judge him for that.

But here as well,  I'm curious who exactly is Gae Ttong's brother. Also, was Gae Ttong born as yangban lady? Is her brother a political player who had to disappear? 

This is definitely going to be interesting. :)

8 hours ago, Cayu18 said:

Oh my, i did totally fall for seo ji hoon and its not cause he is pretty (although that fact is undeniable). Why, oh why is he the second lead? him and his story are totally first lead material. Don't get me wrong kim min jea is also first lead material and so is his story but i am totally being pulled at the heartstrings by seo ji hoon the poor kidnapped baby. He is so pure and innocent that i can't help but want him to succeed in getting his girl. This totally can't end well for my heart or his. Oh nooooo. 

You and me both!  They are both first lead material and I like Kim Min Jae in this drama but Lee Soo's story is breaking my heart.

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I'm not really biased when it comes to Kim Min Jae or Seo Ji Hoon. But I have to admit from the look I'm a bit more drawn to Kim Min Jae (his face is SO interesting, perfect angles everywhere! And it's the perfect yangban face - I buy it 100%). I find his character a bit stereotype though - the typical cold on the outside, hurt inside. I'm interested in his relationship with his father who seems to want him at court (HOW can a son of a high official become a matchmaker - oh yes, it's a fusion sageuk!) and his relationship with his brother. Give us more! And break through the coldness. I mean he isn't cold really. Because in the end he cared for Lady Oh and her unborn child. 

I think Kim Min Jae is so handsome and his acting is great too but as you said his character is a pretty stereotypical. I hope they give him more depth.  Also no more drunk scenes because the one scene I didn't believe him in was his drunk acting in Episode 1 :lol:

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

As for Kim Soo... I understand why people could think of him as first lead material. His story is heartbreaking. To be raised as a commoner, only to find out he is actually heir to the throne. And it makes sense for the Queen's fraction to bring in a powerless man from the outside of the palace instead of the murdered and much loved prince who probably would've been a very different king. It's heartbreaking for Kim Soo to take a place he wasn't prepared for and to become a puppet to the state councilor. But I also see potential for Kim Soo to turn into an antagonist. He might be confused and weak now but the anger over being used as a chess piece could turn him into a different type of player. And it would mean character development. No need to make him downright evil but I think to be too good is a bit boring.

I could see that happening but i don't want lazy writing where they turn into Lee Soo into an antagonist just to make it easier for the audience to root for the MH-GD couple.  If he doesn't end up with GD somehow I do hope Lee Soon gets a nice Queen and doesn't spend the rest of his days lonely, unloved and miserable  in a position he never wanted.:tears:

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

As for Gae Ttong: I'm unsure about her - mostly because of the actress. I understand she is well-loved by many here and she is definitely doing a solid job. But I really haven't warmed up to her character yet. I also bought Kim Soo's love for her but to me personally it didn't feel like she felt the same. She loved him, yes, but it wasn't established for me that she was in 100% like Kim Soo is/was. So the romance could go both ways for me - granted, so far I don't see much sparks between Gae Ttong and Ma Hoon either, soooo... they still need to sell it to me. BUT what I enjoyed the most was the difference between Kim Soo and Ma Hoon. Gae Ttong who is afraid of rain and thunder... Kim Soo wants to protect her (which is sweet don't get me wrong) but I thought it was very meaningful that Ma Hoon took Gae Ttong's hand to show her there is nothing to be afraid of and that there are different kinds of rain. So I think if I had to choose I would prefer for Gae Ttong to overcome her angst instead of keeping it alive in order for Kim Soo to be able to protect her. Again, I think he is genuinely in love and is also worried for her. He probably never thought about confronting Gae Ttong with her fear. So I don't judge him for that.

I don't think it's Gong Seungyeon's fault. I think she does well enough with what she is given.  The problem for me as I mentioned in my previous post is that the writing for the character is just all over the place so it's hard to warm up to her when she doesn't even seem to care about Lee Soo disappearing in some scenes.

I totally agree that Lee Soo is definitely romantically in love with GD but it wasn't reciprocated  on Gae Ddong part. She keeps referring to him as her family so I think her feelings for him are familial and she's too inexperienced/naive/ignorant to know the difference between the two types of love.  I really liked their chemistry because Seo Ji Hoon really sold his love for her and in their scenes together I found her more likeable as we get more of a normal, sensible GD instead of the loud, obnoxious behaviour GD around Ma Hoon.

I agree with your observation about the different ways both men deal with GD's fear of the rain.  I liked seeing that subtle difference.

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

But here as well,  I'm curious who exactly is Gae Ttong's brother. Also, was Gae Ttong born as yangban lady? Is her brother a political player who had to disappear? 

I saw this speculation on Twitter about her brother and I think they might be on to something...

Spoiler

photo1101844.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMFKx7LfbaNUVIcwmP9puZ1y2j4S4M0-nRW6TZ8WXtsjFDq4H_photo1101843.jpg

I never have been good at dissecting a drama or frogs for that matter.  Not to mention I only need a sprinkle of romance to keep me watching and there is more than enough of that in just two episodes.  An umbrella held over a woman in the rain works just about as good as a piggyback ride.  I look forward to this story unfolding and reading everyone's thoughts here as well...

Looking forward to the new faces here and my Add & Subtract Chingu @Jillia and a special shout out to my Brownie Buddies:wub:  @aniliaz & @luvtokki

15 hours ago, raziela said:

Same. Serious second lead syndrome over here too! I am loving Seo Ji Hoon's acting and he has surprisingly strong chemistry with Gong Seungyeon in their scenes together. Lee Soo is so loving and dedicated to Gae Ddong and his situation he has been forced into is so heartbreaking :tears:

This! This! This! The cast are great, the storyline is really interesting but the script is very poor in places :mellow: 

- Using the cliched trope of a forced stay in together in the inn the NIGHT of the day her husband disappears. What were they thinking? Like you said that scene might have made sense in a few episodes or if it was used to give some depth or introspection to GD's character. A  normal reaction would have been for GD to be sad, wistful, angry to see the couple meal because she should be sharing this with Lee Soo but instead GD is asking MH to stay with her, teasing him and enjoying the newlywed drink the landlady give them without care. Ma Hoon seemed more upset about the inappropriateness of the situation than she did and she was the one who was jilted at the altar!

- I totally agree the characterisation of GD makes no sense after her best friend/husband to be/family she has disappears. One scene she is upset and distraught and reacting like a normal person, next scene she is being obnoxious and loud and acting like she hasn't a care in the world, next scene worrying about Lee Soo, next scene back to being loud and dumb.

- The writing for GD's characterisation as a whole is quite confusing. Sometimes she is smart and perceptive, other times the script makes her seem like a totally clueless moron.

- Meanwhile Lee Soo is completely dedicated to her, even with every woman in the Palace trying to get into bed with him. He is constantly thinking about and worrying for GD. It makes GD look very selfish and callous in comparison.

- The drama hasn't done a good job of showing us why Ma Hoon already seems to have a soft spot for GD.

- I agree the "cute" short matchmaker acting is very forced and the character is an idiot. He's the one who shrieked out for everyone to hear that Lee Soo had disappeared at the wedding. Then he gets mad at GD for being unlucky when it's his fault everybody knows :rolleyes:

- What is the point of the third tall matchmaker? He's supposed to be their intelligence person but he has yet to do any actual intelligence gathering and MH is obviously the brains of the group. We know nothing about the character except he is a playboy but he isn't even a fun, entertaining playboy. He just seems smug and sleazy. Looks like ep 2 was teasing a romance but why should the audience care when we have been given no reason to care for the character?

- The storyline with the noble lady that is secretly pregnant was just dropped in and then dropped right out of the plot to give Gae Ddong and Ma Hoon some conflict and show how smart he is.  

- OK. I am not a purist and like a bit of fun and don't mind some irreverence in my fusion sageuks but WHAT was up with the random K-pop bits during the audition? It was just jarring!:crazy:

- Did anyone else find it funny that the Flower Crew's claim to fame is that their couples never break up? But the Crew are only 20 years old so they have been doing this job for a few years at the most. It's not like they have been around for decades putting couples together so it's not exactly the greatest claim to fame that couples have lasted 2-3 years!:lol:

I don't want to be completely negative as there are things I like a lot about the drama so far. This post is too long so I will put them in a separate post.

Although I respect your opinions and understand your frustrations as I feel the same way you do too, I interpreted the scenes you mentioned above differently. 

The random “hotel night” scene was put there inappropriately right after Lee Soo’s kidnapping because I believe the writer(s) wanted to show us that as FATE would have it, it isn’t Lee Soo but MA HOON that GD ends up doing all these “first married couples” things with because she isn’t fated to be with Lee Soo. Remember the 2 people the Flower Crew set up with at the beginning of Episode 1, they both didn’t believe in matchmaking because they believed in “FATE.” Ma Hoon thinks FATE is fake and so I think this is a perfect example to showcase how fate is working to bring them together in the most awkward circumstances. 

GD is happy one minute and sad the most because that’s her personality. She’s actually pretty vulnerable on the inside but has to pretend to be this happy and cheerful girl... just to save money to look for her brother. Instead of crying over Lee Soo the next day, she forces herself to get up the next day to hustle... and make that money... because that’s better than to think he actually abandoned her. Every penny she makes is going towards looking for her brother or paying the Flower Crew back, I’m sure!

The “cute” Flower Boy is actually very annoying and I don’t find him cute at all. I don’t like the way he talks... and I understand they’re trying to make him look and sound goofy... but it’s not working for me. 

In response to another person’s comments about not knowing when Ma Hoon started warming up to GD, I believe it happened when she apologized to him for spreading that rumor... and then again when she told him that every time it rains, something bad happens to her... what I think really does it is the fact that she keeps insisting and believing that Lee Soo didn’t run away.. and her persistence in not giving up looking for him.. and then finally, when he asked her why she doesn’t think he ran away and she responded that it’s because they’re “FAMILY.” You see, Ma Hoon can’t even relate because his family is so messed up.. so for her to say that it’s because they’re family, I think it touched him a little bit.. something he so desires in his family. 

I feel so so so sorry for Lee Soo and find him so pitiful! Yes, his story is so Lead material but if he’s not the lead, the writers really need to step it up and start giving us more Ma Hoon and his story... because right now, it looks like Ma Hoon is the second lead... 

4 hours ago, aznchic209 said:

The random “hotel night” scene was put there inappropriately right after Lee Soo’s kidnapping because I believe the writer(s) wanted to show us that as FATE would have it, it isn’t Lee Soo but MA HOON that GD ends up doing all these “first married couples” things with because she isn’t fated to be with Lee Soo. Remember the 2 people the Flower Crew set up with at the beginning of Episode 1, they both didn’t believe in matchmaking because they believed in “FATE.” Ma Hoon thinks FATE is fake and so I think this is a perfect example to showcase how fate is working to bring them together in the most awkward circumstances. 

I understand the meaning of fate and the narrative meaning as to why spent the wedding night together and the significance of them doing newlywed couple things.  He even  removes her bridal pin and takes her hair down which is a very important part of the first night ritual. 

However, mine and @Pewiepew big problem was not so much the scene itself but the inappropriate way GD was written in this scene. I can somewhat buy your point that she bounces back over the following days because she has to make money but I don't buy the very NIGHT her husband-to-be has abandoned her, humiliated her, disappeared off the face of the earth, she is up to her eyeballs in debt and she's just sitting around drinking and teasing Ma Hoon like it's no big deal.

And it makes her look especially bad in comparison to Lee Soo who is in a living nightmare, worrying about GD and definitely isn't sitting around having a joke and a drink with another woman the same night :(

In response to another person’s comments about not knowing when Ma Hoon started warming up to GD, I believe it happened when she apologized to him for spreading that rumor... and then again when she told him that every time it rains, something bad happens to her... what I think really does it is the fact that she keeps insisting and believing that Lee Soo didn’t run away.. and her persistence in not giving up looking for him.. and then finally, when he asked her why she doesn’t think he ran away and she responded that it’s because they’re “FAMILY.” You see, Ma Hoon can’t even relate because his family is so messed up.. so for her to say that it’s because they’re family, I think it touched him a little bit.. something he so desires in his family.

Thanks. This makes more sense.

I feel so so so sorry for Lee Soo and find him so pitiful! Yes, his story is so Lead material but if he’s not the lead, the writers really need to step it up and start giving us more Ma Hoon and his story... because right now, it looks like Ma Hoon is the second lead... 

I agree. I keep seeing tweets with people thinking or wishing Seo Ji Hoon is the lead male. I think Lee Soo has had the advantage of the best writing of the young characters. The drama needs to give the audience more to connect with in Ma Hoon's character. 

I like the theme of flowers in the drama.  Apparently the flowers and their meaning are supposed to be significant:

A source from the show stated, “If you look at the various colors and flower props that match the characters, you will be able to infer more stories. Please tune in to see what Ma Hoon’s peony, Gae Ddong’s magic lily, Yi Soo’s hydrangea, Go Young Soo’s Marguerite daisies, Do Joon’s morning glory, and Ji Hwa’s baby’s breath flowers, as well as the colors symbolizing each character, mean.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1347243wpp/kim-min-jae-gong-seung-yeon-park-ji-hoon-and-more-feature-in-colorful-character-posters-for-flower-crew-joseon-marriage-agency

The episodes are also named after flowers but I'm not sure of the flower meanings:

1st episode: A Divine Match

The First Flower: The Plaintain Lily

2nd episode: Shyness

The Second Flower: Hydrangea

Positive thoughts:

- I think the three main leads are doing a very good job.  I find Gong Seungyeon a little unconvincing at times but that is down to the bipolar writing of her character IMO.

- Lee Soo's foster father acting is very good and I'm interested to see the change in their dynamic now he is his subject. The scene where he said his last words as his father were very well done.

I find the characterisation of the Queen mother entertaining. Usually they are very savvy and scheming but this constantly eating Queen Mother seems to be little more than a shallow, small-minded gossip. She was much younger than the King, doesn't seem like the King had any other wives or children when he died and her uncle does all the planning and scheming so maybe she never had to get smart about court intrigue and politics.

- the quality of the camerawork and cinematography is lovely. I hope they can maintain it.

- The story is very interesting and I can't wait to see where the story goes for the three leads. I hope we learn more about Lee Soo's mother, Ma Hoon's background and his brother, why Gae Ddong and her brother were sold into slavery.

hmm.. im not too sure about whether i should continue watching aft ep 2.. :sweat: 

kim soo or lee soo, he submit to his fate too easily.. like being mugged and dragged into the palace and then, just accepted being the crown prince for coronation. and he simply mastered the formal palace and royal etiquette overnight? :neutral: 

ma hoon just turned softie to gae ttong after catching her from the fall?? :no_mouth: erm, and then went into full mode empathy for her on the runaway groom?

im curious about ma hoon and the other noble boy in his childhood memory.. they seemed to be dressed like from royal descendants in the palace.. who could have been the one that taught him the love knot?

too much story affirmation being forced into ep 1 and 2 to rush the story for the remaining episodes..

36 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

hmm.. im not too sure about whether i should continue watching aft ep 2.. :sweat: 

kim soo or lee soo, he submit to his fate too easily.. like being mugged and dragged into the palace and then, just accepted being the crown prince for coronation. and he simply mastered the formal palace and royal etiquette overnight? :neutral: 

ma hoon just turned softie to gae ttong after catching her from the fall?? :no_mouth: erm, and then went into full mode empathy for her on the runaway groom?

im curious about ma hoon and the other noble boy in his childhood memory.. they seemed to be dressed like from royal descendants in the palace.. who could have been the one that taught him the love knot?

too much story affirmation being forced into ep 1 and 2 to rush the story for the remaining episodes..

I agree some of the the characters behave unrealistically just to hurry up and for quick plot convenience.  I Ihink it would have been better to establish the characters, their relationships and interactions for the first couple of episodes and then the kidnapping happens in episode 3-4 and transition to King. It was a bit much that all of that happened in barely half an episode.

The boy was Ma Hoon's late brother. Ma Hoon is the son of the Prime Minister (the Queen mother called him "Uncle" so I assume she is MH's cousin). Ma Hoon is from a noble family hence his clothing.

You can see the relationships in the character chart below:

(Credit for translation @GSYInternational on Twitter)

Archived