Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

On 10/18/2019 at 5:10 AM, realistic2280a said:

(On the other note, the name gae dong, i was curious why the name is used as the only time i remember the name was in Fated To Love You when the lead characters were referring to their unborn baby... sigh... )

Same with me, I remember directly to this drama. In the beginning of Flower crew, I was also wondering, whether her name is really Gae Ddong :D 

Well, basically we rarely find a drama that is perfect. So, as long as I enjoy watching it, usually I finish watch the drama until the last episode. Usually a drama is very strong in the storyline in the first episodes.  I rarely watch a drama that has strong storyline in its every episode. I feel the last two episodes are rather slow. But I like Ma Hoon more in the last episodes, because he shows more emotion. In the beginning, he is just so stiff. But lately, he shows his warm sides, although still with his style. 

While I see Soo is losing his original character. I can understand that before he has his own world, he can be determined because he knows how is doing. But after he is the king, he becomes so lonely. He has to be very careful. No one he can trust near him. He trusts MaHoon to take care GD. But, the final episode reveals that MH takes care of GD, but a little bit too much until GD falls in love with MH. So devastated of course for Soo. With this condition, Soo can be just any character. Just can’t wait for next episode then. 

• Like 5

On 10/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, chickfactor said:

I feel bad for Soo, but Soo is finally beginning to learn that people who are close to him are in danger (poor palace maid :tears:) and Prime Minister knows about Gae Ddong. So he'll go through his paces and eventually realize that GD is not safe with him. I think they will always love each other and care about each other, but he will let her go in order to concentrate on being a good and wise king.

Oh I really hope your right. It'd be a dam shame if they take and turn him into power mad wicked person and his love turns to a dark obsession that clouds his judgement.

Please let him still. Our ever so sweet smithy.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, Ohsh said:

Regarding naming GD as dog poop, an old Chinese belief is that parents should give their children a bad-sounding nickname to prevent attracting evil spirits. Don’t know it is is also the case in Korea since many of their culture are influenced by the Chinese.

Off topic 

Spoiler

I thought it was a tendency NOT to even bother naming them so as to “trick” the evil spirits who will have a hard time figuring out which one is the favourite?  I know some families (past generations) which just numbered their children and that was their name :lol:.  Number 1 brother, number 2 sister etc... my daughter has a friend whose mother named all 3 of her girls the exact same name... and no they weren’t triplets... for the same reason... to trick the evil spirits.  At an orphanage where I volunteered at, the babies that were abandoned by their birth parents were often left there with no names... so whoever found them first was given that honour of naming the child.  

Does GD’s oraboni have a name?  I haven’t heard it if he does.  So far he’s just PaPo-i (Dumbo/Idiot), which is just as bad.  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

Does GD’s oraboni have a name?  I haven’t heard it if he does.  So far he’s just PaPo-i (Dumbo/Idiot), which is just as bad.  

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly, but GT kind of mentioned him as "Kang" a few times. It maybe, like her name, some kind of a nickname though. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, clandeast said:

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly, but GT kind of mentioned him as "Kang" a few times. It maybe, like her name, some kind of a nickname though. :lol:

Kang only! 

@USAFarmgirl you always write it romantically :) but its so full of questions that yes you wonder how? Thanks I didn’t realized that! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, clandeast said:

That’s what subs have it but when you listen to what she’s actually saying in Korean, she is saying “oraboni” which is brother?  It’s just translated as Kang for some reason.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, nrllee said:

That’s what subs have it but when you listen to what she’s actually saying in Korean, she is saying “oraboni” which is brother?  It’s just translated as Kang for some reason.  

Yes. It's always translated as Kang. Though, I also saw on AsianWiki  that the actor who played as GT's brother's character name is Kang. And maybe they won't sub it like that without any basis, so maybe that's really his name(?) Kekeke. I'm still not sure tho.

Anyways, I am short of sleep since I spoiled myself of the clips of last night's episodes. Waaaaaah. I'm so proud of Ma Hoon. :wub: He finally manned up. B) But I'm kind of afraid of tonight's ep, on how the things now will turn out. :tears:

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, clandeast said:

Yes. It's always translated as Kang. Though, I also saw on AsianWiki  that the actor who played as GT's brother's character name is Kang. And maybe they won't sub it like that without any basis, so maybe that's really his name(?) Kekeke. I'm still not sure tho.

Anyways, I am short of sleep since I spoiled myself of the clips of last night's episodes. Waaaaaah. I'm so proud of Ma Hoon. :wub: He finally manned up. B) But I'm kind of afraid of tonight's ep, on how the things now will turn out. :tears:

Yes yes tho I dun understand but I felt so happy watching the stills, so cute n sweet, flower petals falling down again

• Like 5
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, clandeast said:

Yes, finally Ma Hoon :wub:

But from the preview, I am afraid that we won’t have any lovey dovey scene after all on tonight’s episode. 

GD really really like Ma Hoon then. Haha

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, skinnerbox said:

@nrllee His name is Pal Poon-ie. That's what the other servant girls calls him.

Pal Poon-ie means Dumbo or Idiot (in Korean).  It’s a generic term.  So he has no name in other words.  Just like Gae Dong which means Dog Poop.

• Like 3

I think whoever translated Gae Ttong's brother's "name" as Kang misunderstood his description. The brother is only described as the house slave of the Kang Household which is the family name of Ji Hwa and Kang Mong Goo. He like many slaves has no proper name, yet. :)

Stills for episode 11. :D

20191021_182455_8358.jpg

20191021_182500_4007.jpg

20191022_143301_1993.jpg

Spoiler

20191022_143305_8937.jpg

20191022_143324_7429.jpg

20191022_143330_1183.jpg

Credit: JTBC

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

I finished my epi 11 , 3 hrs back, made my heart pump so fast! I cant wait for 12 and wonder what is to come, tink MH will confess. He misunderstood GT's reason for wanting to be a noble and this epi made him realise the reason.

• Like 5

Watched raw last night. Continuing impressed with Seo Ji Hoon's acting and cant wait to see next project where he is a lead. He is showing a lot of emotional changes compared to other actors. One minute crying, sad, determined, afraid to lose Gae Ttong and smiling happily during son&father hangout. 

I really dont like Ji Hwa and her love lines with Joon. Joon is better off with beautiful gisaeng. 

• Like 5

Kiss at the end wasnt really romantic for me.. i didnt say it becoz i ship Soo&Gae Ttong. just saying it a person who watched hundreds of dramas, it lacks unfortunately. Scene around was beautiful though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

Kiss at the end wasnt really romantic for me.. i didnt say it becoz i ship Soo&Gae Ttong. just saying it a person who watched hundreds of dramas, it lacks unfortunately. Scene around was beautiful though.

He kissed her cos he "wanna stop her hiccups" like wat she said when trying to hide from the shorter matchmaker fren. I dunno y Joon lied abt him being "the person Ji hwa wanna meet".... seems like he is so in love with her.

• Like 4

On Viki I read some comments about this drama, which I hardly do nowadays but I couldn’t help feeling deja vu. I never watched the Fairy Mama and Woodcutter drama but I remember that when I contemplated watching it, the reviews gave me the impression that viewers liked it depending on the outcome of the ship. I got the same impression again with this drama based on the comments on Viki. It makes me chuckle but at least the shipping comments are honest.

In any case, it’s always a pleasure to me to watch Ma Hoon’s actor. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1