[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

The expression in Soo's eyes is very reminiscent of Park Bo Gum. Well they're both really good looking & portray Kings too. Soo's longing is expressed so wistfully & he doesn't even need to say much LoL. But what to do.. that's the sad fate of a ruler.. It was just as cruel for Soo Yeon/Gae Ddong to find out the truth on his identity so late in the drama. That Lady Ji Hwa ugh. 

I've come across many comments who feel Min Jae-Seung Yeon lack chemistry in comparison to the other secondary couple - Ji Hwa/Joon. To be subjective, I feel it's due to the actor's age? Like Min Jae is younger than Seung Yeon & I feel like he needs to have more experience(?) to inject more depth. As for Seung Yeon, her acting is uneven for me. She started off really unnatural in the beginning but showed some progress, still she looks like she's not as engaging in her role in comparison to the actress playing Ji Hwa.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just came off watching the actress playing Lady Ji Hwan where she was the lead actress. I admired her so much and loved her acting. I had never seen her act before. Therefore to see her as a secondary couple and a nasty female is even more jarring. I still can't quite buy her as nasty and richard simmons.

Poor, naive, oblivious Gae Ttong, everyone and their mothers are trying to get rid of her but she's blissfully unaware that she's the center of some invisible war. At last she's finding about Soo but imagine being her and just wanting to rescue you brother but this noble lady hates you, these masked men are trying to kill you, the father of your lover hates you, everyones using you as a pawn, be a lady, be this man's daughter, enter the queen selection...

I would have run away with Hoon! Give information to lord Kang in exchange for the brother and run far away from this madness. King be damned! ...If only it was that easy!

Oh so sad to see the King cannot have the woman he loves. I cannot imagine the ending will be now that 2 ministers already knew that Lady Yun is a GT the commoner. If I were MaHoon I wouldn't dare to talk back and grab GT's hand in front of the King, I mean let GT settle her feeling with King Soo first, let her decide if she's willing to be with the King or not.

I want to see JW reaction when comparing the King or DoJoon. Has Lady JW seen The King's face already ? Only GT took a peek? Isn't JW curious about the King's face by wanting to meet him prior the selection day?

Since the last appearance of Choi Jin Hyuk, do we have another cameo? - Just in case PD-nim wants to make one, I would like to suggest Lady Nokdu as a cameo for a prospective Queen selection candidate. I am sure Lady Nokdu will win our King's heart. LOL. Here is the Lady Nokdu for cameo I'm talking about ...

TaleofNokdu-E0200037-copy.jpg

Credit: Dramabeans (ToN)

The women are all pawns used by their selfish relatives to advance further their own agendas.. poor things, it's sad really. No wonder noblewomen dread bein' called into the palace. Gae Ddong feels she's a martyr by bein' the noble idiot but at what cost though? It was unfair for that royal guard to plead with Gae Ddong to submit to Soo.. and what of her brother?? Young Soo is just as pitiful.

I know the last episodes are very heartbreaking. I don't even know if I can watch the next two episodes without knowing the ending first. I didn't sign up for a sad one. Make it happy, show. Jebal.

Anyway, JTBC already uploaded the making for eps 13-14. It is below if you haven't seen it yet.

They keep on laughing off cam even the scenes are serious. :lol:

I was travelling was so looking fwd to the next episodes...

What can i say, Ma Hoon had the balls to say no to the King and not return GD to the King. GD might feel wrong by MH for not telling Soo's identity, but she got over it, especially when she found out what the *love* character means.

It was only because of the threat of the loss of lives that GD relented and left for the next queen selection stage.

Her going bk to the palace is kinda expected, because she would need to protect Ma Hoon, who literally could lose his life... we have to wait and see how ep15 and 16 unfold. Im so excited to know the ending which i hope will be a happy ones between Ma Hoon and GD. Fighting! :)

and i must say  the colours, cinematography of the drama is very good!

The last episode is least expected. I’m so sad watching MaHoon cries :cry:

Still 2 episodes to go now. 

Mixed feeling for the last 2 episodes.

Hopefully still happy end for MH and GD!

Really like KMJ sad expression..

I know it’s the opposites , one side I don’t like MH to be sad, but I like the sad face of KMJ makes. Haha

Hello. Just watched episode 14. Really troubled by the Young Soo story. Almost no need in the drama development at the almost end. Seems its related how Park Ji Hoon name is trending as buzzworthy actor. Just reminded me how they pushed Yook Sung Jae on us till drama ends on School 2015 due to his popularity. Almost destroyed the drama flow, but writer stuck to the initial coupling which saved the drama. Joon- Ji Hwa couple gets almost no time during last 2 episodes which are shame. I dont like them, but they were pushing them so much and now nothing. Seems king Soo has his own plan to choose Gae Ttong and protect Gae Ttong. I cant say much about him being wise, kind or bad ruler since drama is just about who Gae Ttong ends up finally. At least happy that her brother is finally free yet sad that he is disabled and cant live on his own. 

3 hours ago, Moroodliin said:

Joon- Ji Hwa couple gets almost no time during last 2 episodes which are shame. I dont like them, but they were pushing them so much and now nothing.

Yeah I thought that was a shame too.  In fact the writer has pushed the JiHwa character to irredeemable territory for me now.  She’s just so nasty?  Joon is better off without her?  It would seem impossible for her to suddenly gather enough brownie points to finish deserving of a happy ever after?  Next week preview seems to imply GD takes Soo back to his beginnings again?  To remind him of who he was?  That he is not a tyrant King?  Best case scenario would be Soo as King exiles Lord Ma and Lord Kang together with their families.  JiHwa as a commoner stripped of her titles may come to learn humility and have some semblance of a future with Joon.  Lord Yun returns to the Palace to aid the King.  Soo comes to his senses and lets GD leave.  The other lady (Lord Ma’s relative) seems nice?  Maybe she can be Queen?  Flower Crew gets back in business again with the 4 of them and GD and MH get their happy ever after.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

The other lady (Lord Ma’s relative) seems nice?  Maybe she can be Queen?  Flower Crew gets back in business again with the 4 of them and GD and MH get their happy ever after.

See based solely on the preview, I think she'd inadvertently poison GD. Haha here I go with my assumptions and predictions again. By the way I read somewhere else that this drama was indeed adapted from a novel by the same writer. Loosely I presume.

Spoiler

Not a very happy ending in the novel, or so I've heard.

So again, predictions based on the latest episodes: With 2 episodes left, the writer could either wrap everything quickly with the Flower Crew returning to business as usual and ends on a happy note, or continue on and ends the drama with this "less happy" route they're on right now. If it's the latter (and I hope so for the sake of a better flow), I suspect MH and GD are really the only ones with a chance at a happy ending. Joon and JH will end up alone (Joon back to the courtesan house, drinking his sorrows). YoungSoo is going to *gasp* die. He owes MH his "2nd chance at life" and he's going to return the favor with GD's brother. MH and GD is going to have to leave the city for GD's sake, and so that she can never be used against Soo in the future. No idea how Lord Ma and Lord Kang would end up though...They have support of each others' camp back in the palace court, but they're too much of a threat to Soo, Lord Yun will again, end up returning full time to the palace taking over Lord Ma's post.

What do you guys think? Probable?

5 hours ago, Moroodliin said:

Really troubled by the Young Soo story. Almost no need in the drama development at the almost end. Seems its related how Park Ji Hoon name is trending as buzzworthy actor.

I too am skeptical with how everything is going to tie in and get resolved with only 2 episodes left. I'd really like to know how the original novel goes about YS and the overall story though, before I can assume as you have (Anyone on here has read the novel?). Personally and in retrospect, while the shift in personality between bubbly to traumatic was abrupt, and that he kept going back and forth these last few episodes, it kind of makes sense for me. MH might have given YS a new identity and maybe quick lessons on how to be a civilized person (kind of like what the crew did with GD), but it was clear that he has major PTSD and he wasn't that well educated (Joon keep having to correct him). Plus, the OTT bubbly persona was indeed, an act, albeit perhaps something he's subconsciously doing. LOL at me psychoanalyzing a drama character. But also, idea for a new drama to all writers out there: "Psychologist of Joseon", where the hero(ine) goes around giving people therapy.

5 hours ago, Moroodliin said:

Ji Hwa couple gets almost no time during last 2 episodes which are shame. I dont like them, but they were pushing them so much and now nothing.

I think many have mentioned this already but, the thing with this couple is, I really don't understand how it even started. Either the scenes ended up on the cutting room floor, or they really didn't develop Joon and JiHwa's relationship and initial attractions well. And seems like after being pushed away by JH so many times, Joon is finally taking the hint.That she's not a very nice person :P. And that he can't give her what she wants, that too of course hehe.

Sounds plausible @wizuwizu :)

O so she poisons GD?  :o.  Well MH did warn Soo that having her in the Palace is fraught with danger from every corner.  I don’t know how Soo can even think he can possibly keep her safe with everyone jockeying for power.  Moving her into the lion’s den just because he needs her so badly.  He’s delusional.  

JiHwa has become irredeemable for me. If her relationship with DJ is to get resolution with a happy ending, it requires a time jump for me to buy that she’s going to suddenly turn over a new leaf and be deserving of DJ.  She needs to “reflect” for a long time :lol:

Really afraid that we will have sad ending here. This is fusion sageuk, we should have happy ending actually! 

MH’s father gave something to his niece. Is it poison? or who poison GD? 

GD goes to palace for the second selection because she wants to protect many people. Especially Lord Yun and MH. 

Noble idiocy of kdrama route then.

If in the end we will have sad ending, I will just watched the bridge scene again, from MH was smitten looking at beautiful GD. 

I also hate the scene of Young So in the last episode. I just skipped the last part. Too scary also for me. 

I know this was discussed a while ago, but Gae Ddong's brother's name is Kang:

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/cast/PR10011096/12     (The site is in Korean)

Speaking of which, I don't know how they're going to redeem Ji Hwa. She's too cruel to be loved by any of the handsome Flower Crew boys.

Maybe the Vice Premier will fall from grace, so his households is ruined, and Ji Hwa becomes a disgraced commoner, so Do Joon takes pity on her or something? Even then, I don't know if it's possible for her character to become lovable. I don't understand this love line at all, to be honest. I really love the actress (Chewbacca! from Waikiki) but her character is so nasty, I just can't like her at all.

The love line that is working for me on all levels is Hoon+GD.

I think Soo will eventually give up on GD, for her sake. I think he will focus on being a good king.

Lord Yoon is obviously being set up as a "deus ex machina" who will expose all the corruption in the palace.

I mean, the Prime Minister is the Big Bad, he did have the Crown Prince assassinated. Most likely, the King will exile him instead of having him executed or something. To show mercy as a 'thank you' to Hoon.

I'm usually NOT into these fusion sageuk romances. Here's a secret: I could not get into "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds." (sorry) And I can't get into "Tale of Nokdu" either. This genre just wasn't for me, I thought.

So I thought this would be lame, but I really find it delightful. Ah, I can't wait until next week!

12 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I was travelling was so looking fwd to the next episodes...

What can i say, Ma Hoon had the balls to say no to the King and not return GD to the King. GD might feel wrong by MH for not telling Soo's identity, but she got over it, especially when she found out what the *love* character means.

It was only because of the threat of the loss of lives that GD relented and left for the next queen selection stage.

Her going bk to the palace is kinda expected, because she would need to protect Ma Hoon, who literally could lose his life... we have to wait and see how ep15 and 16 unfold. Im so excited to know the ending which i hope will be a happy ones between Ma Hoon and GD. Fighting! :)

and i must say  the colours, cinematography of the drama is very good!

I love their clothes and the cinematography too! I still like the show, prolly some evil politician wakes up n give up the whole idea of manipulating the king etc. Maybe Soo may marry 1 of the hopeful candidate n let GD go. All will end liddat , else it wld be GD leaving on her own n MH travelling ard to look for her. Possible endings LOL. As tho I m the scriptwriter….. I don seem to be able to find the trailer for next week's epi...

Actually Joon look very handsome n tall among all the guys, I don't tink I have seen him b4, this show has definitely open his actor path wider for sure. Its from this show that I was reminded of his cameo at the MTV starring BTS Suga. 

Archived