[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

I dont like that LS is now portrayed somehow as a weak character.

And we saw in the beginning that he was smart and persistent.

GT has already moved on because she kissed Hoon, and she should be honest 

with LS, so that he too could leave the past behind and move on.

Although I think LS will realize on his own that GT doesnt like him and he'll let her go.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I dont like that LS is now portrayed somehow as a weak character.

And we saw in the beginning that he was smart and persistent.

In my opinion, not so much 'weak' but more of a constrained one. On one hand, he's new to the palace and has to be careful with his 'moves' so as not to create new enemies, or alert those who wish him harm.

As for GaeDdong she's still very much confused, not ready to accept that her heart has swayed towards Hoon, and maybe feels a little guilty towards Soo. So, I don't think she 'can' be honest just yet. Even more so when Soo is back in the picture now. 

Like I said before I never thought Gae Ttong loves Soo like he loves her. He is her family, a person she can trust and rely on. He is the safe choice. But I think the drama is portraying well that she struggles as well with the decision to leave or to stay where heart tells her to. Like Lady Im said she is stupid if she isn't following what her heart already tells her. 

Doesn't mean Gae Ttong has moved on. But she was very restrained when Soo offered the marriage and the binyeo to her.

And I also don't think Soo is a weak character. Being the king has changed him. He can't act like he did outside the palace. Especially when he as no real support from either fraction. But at the same time he offers Gae Ttong the hairpin of a queen and I think he knows very well that Gae Ttong wouldn't be happy in the palace. She is a wild spirit. And her heart already tells her, she is happy in the Flower Crew Marriage Agency. :) 

I think Gae Ddong loves Soo like a brother. Until now, she's had to struggle for survival, so she's probably never had time to really put herself first and think about romance until she met Hoon.

Ep. 8 ends with Hoon deciding that the best way to protect Gae Ddong from being killed is for her to become queen.

I normally don't care for fusion sageuks, but this one is really adorable, and I love all the actors.

Soo was forced to be a king, a position he would never have thought be possible. No prior training and definitely no knowledge of a palace protocol. His most trusted guard (a.k.a Dad) left and he had to learn everything from zero to where he is now... and he is doing a great job despite not having any allies. He really needs a good person supporting him. But Gae Ddong is not a good choice, even she has become a noble lady, she would never like the palace life. She is free spirited in the first place... and what about her brother? I don't think she would want to be away from him again

Anyway, since the drama has finished shooting, I am hoping for a decent ending. Please no open-end and I want all of them to be happy with the choices they have made

3 hours ago, abreez23 said:

Soo was forced to be a king, a position he would never have thought be possible. No prior training and definitely no knowledge of a palace protocol. His most trusted guard (a.k.a Dad) left and he had to learn everything from zero to where he is now... and he is doing a great job despite not having any allies.

I agree on the part that Soo is doing a good job of standing up for himself while having no allies in the palace. However, I do have to admit that I felt like Soo's transition from a blacksmith to a King, and how he adapted, was not done well. It's one of the few things with this drama I have issue with.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, Jillia said:

Like Lady Im said she is stupid if she isn't following what her heart already tells her.

We as viewers are well aware (or can predict) who GaeDdong is going to end up with (I'd be SHOCKED if she ends up with Soo), but I don't think it's fair at all on Lady Im's part to say that to GaeDdong. Heart is easily deceived, and sometimes it can lead you to the wrong person. GaeDdong's relationship with Soo is also so poorly shown (underdeveloped) that we can say nothing but agree with Lady Im. If not all, most of us, I presume.

I'm all caught up to the latest episode (w/English trans) and I like this drama a lot.

But omigod there are so many strings that are running through this story that all have to be attached at the ending!

Of course there is the main love triangle of Ma Hoon - Gae Ttong - Lee Soo and how that will be resolved.  But the new king also has a lovely courtesan lady by his side who is helping him - what happens with her?

There is the secondary love story of Do Joon and the aristocratic woman (Lady Kang), Gae Ttong and her long lost but now severely mentally challenged brother plus all the palace intrigue - yikes!  So much going on it's hard to keep track of it all.

It does seem like all the principles are caught up in a web of back stories and intrigue that will affect them all in the end.  I've got this sneaking suspicion in the back of my mind that Gae Ttong will end up being a noble woman, either by birth but hidden like Lee Soo or by adoption by the mysterious Lord Yun.  Either way, I think she will get her wish.

The plot is good, the script is good (although it sometimes gets off track and has its silly moments) the acting is very good and it is handsomely filmed.  I've heard the ratings are also very good.

Luvtokki gives 2 thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 

23 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

We as viewers are well aware (or can predict) who GaeDdong is going to end up with (I'd be SHOCKED if she ends up with Soo), but I don't think it's fair at all on Lady Im's part to say that to GaeDdong. Heart is easily deceived, and sometimes it can lead you to the wrong person. GaeDdong's relationship with Soo is also so poorly shown (underdeveloped) that we can say nothing but agree with Lady Im. If not all, most of us, I presume.

I agree. But I think there is not much time in this drama to develope Lady Im more and to give her and Gae Ttong more time. So I can live with the drama trying to move things forward for Gae Ttong.

I also think Lady Im is speaking from her heart as well. Maybe she would do things differently if she had another chance after her husband passed away 18 years ago. So I think she might not want Gae Ttong to choose Soo out of obligation (as in because he is the man she knows and trusts).

But I also agree that the relationship between Gae Ttong and Soo is not well-developed. I don't think one episode was enough to convince me that they're in love and should get married and stay together forever. Yes, we did get one flashback with them. But overall the drama is way too short to make it believable. Sadly...

Sometimes I wonder if this drama would work better as a longer fusion sageuk rather than a 16 episodes drama. But we have to take what we get.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, abreez23 said:

Soo was forced to be a king, a position he would never have thought be possible. No prior training and definitely no knowledge of a palace protocol. His most trusted guard (a.k.a Dad) left and he had to learn everything from zero to where he is now... and he is doing a great job despite not having any allies. He really needs a good person supporting him. But Gae Ddong is not a good choice, even she has become a noble lady, she would never like the palace life. She is free spirited in the first place... and what about her brother? I don't think she would want to be away from him again

Anyway, since the drama has finished shooting, I am hoping for a decent ending. Please no open-end and I want all of them to be happy with the choices they have made

It's rather unbelievable for Soo to be a good AND powerful king. The drama tried to show that Soo would listen to the yangban boys being trained at school in order for us to believe that he has some knowledge to be a king. But truth is: one scene - which was maybe 20 seconds long - isn't enough to establish that. Plus a Crown Prince would be trained differently at court AND he would have at least one political faction on his side. Soo has nothing of that. The thing that makes him a good king is that he is a good person but that doesn't mean he is powerful.

I don't know how Soo going to stand on his own since both factions are only power driven. Neither one is to be trusted.  They would rather use their own family members to keep them in that position. As we are entering the 2nd half of the drama, I feel that this drama is becoming more melo and serious. So many questions still left unanswered and I want to see a back story on GaeDddong & Soo and also Young Soo

Words can't describe how much I love this drama!

The story summary in the beginning makes the plot sounds like a lighthearted historical drama. But it's actually deep, touching and well-thought-out with balanced mix of politics and romance. The power struggle in the palace is not too heavy while the romance part is not overdone or too cringe-worthy. 

Min Jae and Seung Yeon's sizzling chemistry on and off screen is hard to be ignored. MJ also obviously nailed this role. MJ is younger than SY in real life but he's doing a very good job portraying a mature character. I don't feel like this is a noona romance at all.

For me, Ma Hoon is not a typical Korean drama male lead. He's reserved and moody but he's not an arrogant jerk. He cares immensely about his loved ones and is capable of being affectionate and sweet. My heart melts every time when he secretly and openly smiles for Gae Ddong. He's charming when he's in love. His constant jealousy is also cute especially his frustrated "Woori Soo!?" in Episode 8. I can't wait to see him realize that he has fallen for her. He stops functioning every time GD aggressively hugs him. He's already in a trance reliving the kiss she impulsively planted on his lips. <3

GD is also likeable. At first, she was a bit over-the-top, annoying and loud. But she can be playful and resourceful. She doesn't give up and find a way to outsmart her opponents. This is someone I'm interested and want to root for till the end.

As we have finished the first half of the series, we're probably moving towards the darker side of the story.

MH was strongly against the idea of GD becoming a noble lady possibly due to his jealousy and possessiveness. He didn't want GD to change. But after he deducted and figured out that his father was the one pulling all the dirty strings all along, he decided to accept Soo's request for GD's safety.

It would be best for Gae Ddong to hide her real identity and continue living as Lady Yun. I wonder if Lady Yun was once MH's lover. Why did he decide to use her identity specifically? It seems like he knew her personally and probably shared a sad past with her.

I wonder if Soo would turn dark and selfish if he discovers that MH also loves GD. Would Soo use the power as the king and break them apart?

I'm waiting impatiently for tonight's episode! 

Is it me or this shown is trying to portray some kind of girl power in the period drama? Like finding true love for woman in olden Korean is like so rare and women shouldn't just accept their fate at the hands of the elders etc. 

The cast look so gd in their costume, more so that Joon looks ok only when he is wearing modern clothes hahha! He n lady Kang looks really tall in real-life. Kim Minjae is so serious on-screen as compared to him being himself on variety show. Gong Seung Yeon looked like she lost so much weight compared to Are you Still Human. She look gorgeous as a bride minus the paper blushed cheeks and also as Lady Yun.

All the matchmaker has their own sad story to tell.....

I agree that Hoon was trying to protect GaeTong but due to the strong forces they are facing from his dad, only way to keep her fr harm is to be someone up there. Am a fan of both GSY n KMJ separately, will continue watching!

I m sorry but I dont like Joon with Lady Kang. She's mean. Not only to her servant but to GD also. the writer better make her show some change of attitude if she/her/they want us to ship Lady Kang with Joon. 

At this moment, joon better off alone than with that mean lady 

2 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

I m sorry but I dont like Joon with Lady Kang. She's mean. Not only to her servant but to GD also. the writer better make her show some change of attitude if she/her/they want us to ship Lady Kang with Joon. 

At this moment, joon better off alone than with that mean lady 

Joon better off with any of the kisaengs from the first episodes than with Lady Kang.

Like I understand Ji Hwa grew up in home with a father who wanted her to be a son (a son he can use much better for his own advantage). But that doesn't mean she has the right to be mean and treat her servants and people in general terribly.

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

Joon better off with any of the kisaengs from the first episodes than with Lady Kang.

Like I understand Ji Hwa grew up in home with a father who wanted her to be a son (a son he can use much better for his own advantage). But that doesn't mean she has the right to be mean and treat her servants and people in general terribly.

so far, she doesnt even show any remorse for her every bad action. What's the point of her being nice to joon but not to other people. Joon need someone who can show him there are other story behind what u can see. For me right now he see woman at face value cos he cant accept there might be a good reason for his mom to leave him when he was younger

The way Lady Kang is portray right now, doest suite joon at all...

Archived