[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

Second kiss by GD..:wub:

One side I'm sad but the other side I feel happy..

I think GD will be in danger situation when I watched preview eps 9. Look like MH struggling to save her whatever the situation. In my opinion, LS moves slowly to protect GD, he should have known that with the position of being king, GD was in danger.  He should take action quickly, maybe send a bodyguard or something to monitoring GD. Now, MH's father will hunt down GD. I hope MH always next to GD to protect her.

But I'm enjoying with eps 8, YS is so funny when he scared :w00t:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvZII85B6u0xqs_bW2B1p

It seems our characters are entangled within the same web without them or even us knowing just how close.  The latest episode proves there is a deeper unique story within each member of the flower crew each one has their own past and pain.  GT learning to be a lady when maybe by blood alone she already is one.  Instead of being Cinderella could she be Rapunzel in just not knowing who she even is.

I do love that the relationship between GT and LS wasn't forgotten by either no matter what kind of love it is their feeling.  That their bond in being there for one another in the past meant something and still does.  That no matter what changes have taken place, time or even distance.  It's not easy to let go of what's within the heart or the memories stored in the mind.

Maybe the future will show yet another way to love someone.

Letting them go in one sense only to hold onto them forever in another ....

I guess I am team GT in hoping what ever the future holds she and her brother find some peace and happiness.  As for MH I wouldn't mind him being a part of their happiness too. His character in episode 6 proves that he loves greatly for those around him and he is strong and smart yet doesn't seek power for himself or want even his rightful position. So unlike his father..

Joon and Ji Hwa have the most beautiful moments when they 

talk about art. :wub:

Music first and now the jar.

I liked that Joon waited for her consent to kiss. :)

Although Im not sure that the two of them will eventually  be together.

So I've watched episode 7 and I liked it a lot. I wish I could appreciate the moments between Ji Hwa and Joon more because those moments are beautiful. But Ji Hwa as a noble lady is... terrible and I can't root for her. I understand she is a noble lady and she has been raised like that, especially with a father who rather wanted to have a son and let his daughter know exactly that. And a father who is greedy for power and would love to place his daughter in a good marriage to use her. So I get how she became the way she is but the way she is treating her servants and especially Gae Ttong's brother, knowing very well that he IS her brother, is just making me dislike her.

I'm really curious how the drama will develope the whole love triangle with Gae Ttong, Lee Soo and Hoon. Hoon is so cute with her, giving her the plate "Try Again" :wub: and wondering what he should do with her (I guess he really can't admit yet he has feelings for her). And then there is Soo who is torn between being a king but not wanting to give up on Gae Ttong. And I liked that the maid told him not to give up on Gae Ttong. I really like they're bonding over the loves they can't have.

And then is Gae Ttong who finally found her brother and needs to convince Ji Hwa she is a noble lady of birth, so she can maybe in some way get her brother out of Ji Hwa's household. And instead of telling Hoon the truth why she wants to become a noble lady, she is kinda lying to him which isn't really great. I think he would help her either way if she told him the real reason. Also, she is very torn between going away with her brother and Soo but also wanting to stay with Hoon.

I swear this whole thing will redound on all of them.

After watching episode 8 I have to admit I was a little upset with LS/King today somehow seeing GT hitting him and punching him and him seeing her pain up close and personal.  Not to mention standing there covered by the darkness of night just the two of them all alone.   What better time than now to tell her the truth about who and what he is, a King.  Not just some aristocrat even if it would have sounded impossible still to me she deserved to know the truth and hear it from him first instead of someone else.   For nothing good ever comes from lying and trust is an important part of any relationship...

Later there was that moment when MH was looking at the King describing his feelings for GT and I felt a bit sorry because that view of LS he had seen before and a King now standing there in front of him was repeating it once more.   Yet it wasn't about either but more about just a man standing there confessing his feelings for there was no doubt or change in him or his sincere heart. 

And MH could see it and knew it...

My sadness was for LS/ King as well in believing that he could simply have GT beside him forever. That saying the words out loud or making a promise to GT were enough to make it come true.  In a way blindly denying the fact that he no longer is a simple man but is a King that has little power yet and his life is no longer his own.  Which MH knows and worries for GT too...

What MH doesn't yet fully know is just how much GT means to him or how much he means to her...:blush:

I watched it and got a little angry with Gae Ttong. She was smiling one minute on Soo's back and kissing another man soon after. In real life people dont do that. I have always problem with that kind of action in dramas though. Most famously Ha Ji Won in What happened in bali, who had the relationship with rich and poor guy. Then when she decides she loves with rich one, everything was too late. So hope Gae Ttong makes up her mind soon. I am sure she wont be living so happy in the palace. At least Soo is trying to be true to his love no matter what. People do give up their loves are ones i really dont like. Because without their true love, you cant never be truly happy. You are gonna just live, rich life and all, but you are gonna be having regrets for your all life. I am on Gae Ttong- Soo ship.

I woke up really early to watch the raw version. Tho not understanding what they were talking about, I can see MH's heart fluttering....n him smiling unknowingly. The rich girl is so jealous of GT, thinking she is her love rival due to the stupid hair ribbon, doesn't wanna admit she is jealous. The tall playboy matchmaker is so handsome, he n the rich girl matches very well, they are both real tall in real life.

My heart aches when GT finally saw Soo and hitting him, he is so suitable for this role, his eyes make ppl melt n so full of sorrow. Gong Seung Yeon look so thin n rugged in this role, she does it so well. GT din realise she has a thing for MH innately as well, inner self kept being concerned about him. This week's epi dun have flower petals falling on them. Their kisses are often not very romantic so far hahahahha! Gosh, I almost wanna faint when she was kidnap n MH went to bring her back, MH was fighting for his life to get hold of the kidnapper. I am loving this show!

3 hours ago, firipy said:

My heart aches when GT finally saw Soo and hitting him, he is so suitable for this role, his eyes make ppl melt n so full of sorrow

Ughh Soo's eyes...they make him look constantly sad. But I guess that's the reason they cast him in that role. The King is just a position where one spends more time sad/stressed than happy.

GaeDdong has been crying a lot these few episodes, what's with finding her brother and with Soo. I like that she remains a strong woman through it all, and that whatever causing her sadness is not her own doing on inability to take action (I hate weak female leads who can't seem to do anything). I can see her forming a closer relationship with JungSuk (Hoon's hyeongsu a.k.a. cousin in law). Not sure how long the character will remain in this drama, but is it possible that she is going to marry the lonely Lord Yun? And then becomes GaeDdong's adopted mother? Adopted as in, I also think while GaeDdong is currently impersonating the guy's dead daughter, Lord Yun is going to help her and claim that she is his daughter later on (especially now that Flower Crew will help turn GaeDdong into a noble lady). Am I making sense?

And yes to more back story on Joon. Guy has issues. He'll most likely continue to bond with JiHwa over their shared issues with their parents. I hope they don't make JiHwa's change from a snob into a nice person too sudden, though. She needs proper and logical transition. Can't believe we're already halfway through this drama ughh!!!

I agree with @wizuwizuabout GaeDdong and Lord Yun. He is shown in the drama with her for reasons that we don't know yet. It's not wrong at all that he can adopt her or let her use his dead daughter's name and make her into a noble lady. I wonder how they can pull this off since the meeting with the noble ladies was set 15 days since her last encounter with Lady Kang. 

I am also liking GaeDdong getting close to Lady Im (Hoon's cousin in law). She is a good mother figure to her (even in a short period of time they've known each other) and this is what has been missing in GaeDddong's life. 

I wish all three of them (GaeDdong, Soo & Hoon) do not keep any secrets between them. There are too many misunderstandings already. Although I appreciate Soo's loyalty to the girl he loves, he is actually putting her in grave danger. Not to mention, she already has a change of heart and I don't think she will be happy in the palace. I am on Mahoon's Team at the moment but it would also be fine with me if GaeDdong will not end up with either one coz her priority is to get her brother first. 

@wizuwizu @abreez23

I think as well it's important for Lord Yun to find happiness again. Also, there was a reason why he was brought together with Gae Ttong so early. And she was showing very daughter-like tendencies towards him - by offering her coat to him. And he is an "ordinary" man just like Lady Im wants to marry. And Lady Im is teaching Gae Ttong like she has been teaching her niece (?). So they would be perfect as adoptive parents for Gae Ttong. 

Plus despite Gae Ttong's upbringing she brings a lot of good values to be a noble lady. Unlike Lady Kang who has been hardened by the life. 

As for Soo or Hoon, I'm firmly on Hoon's side. I like Soo and I love how loyal he is but he hasn't thought things through. Even as a king, he isn't boundless in what he can do. And certainly if Gae Ttong becomes a noble lady it would make a possible fit to marry Soo aka the king. But I still don't think she would be happy in the palace. She wants a "ordinary" life as well. And since Soo hasn't told her he is the king... her decision would be without having all the facts.

Episode 8 is more with GD trying to understand her real feeling. She is questioning herself why she is not very happy meeting Soo. She even said that she feels she is belong to MaHoon’s house. MaHoon also begins to question himself concerning her. 

But, in the end of the episode, MH makes a deal with Soo on setting up a marriage. Is it GD and Soo’s marriage then? Episode 9 will be very interesting!!

On 9/19/2019 at 3:06 AM, Jillia said:

BUT what I enjoyed the most was the difference between Kim Soo and Ma Hoon. Gae Ttong who is afraid of rain and thunder... Kim Soo wants to protect her (which is sweet don't get me wrong) but I thought it was very meaningful that Ma Hoon took Gae Ttong's hand to show her there is nothing to be afraid of and that there are different kinds of rain. So I think if I had to choose I would prefer for Gae Ttong to overcome her angst instead of keeping it alive in order for Kim Soo to be able to protect her. Again, I think he is genuinely in love and is also worried for her. He probably never thought about confronting Gae Ttong with her fear. So I don't judge him for that.

Apologies for the long post.

Late to the party but I finally caught up and am reading past posts.  I noticed this too.  And it becomes even more apparent as the episodes unfold as to the difference between Hoon and Soo’s approach to GD when she is in distress.  It is obvious that the writer wants us to compare the 2 scenes when GD is hunched down in the rain and the difference in approaches taken by the 2 men.

Soo’s intention is to take the weight off her shoulders. To halve it. It is well intentioned but it has the effect of making her dependent on him? Also he rushes in with the umbrella to “rescue” her from her fear. 

As opposed to Hoon’s first words to her when she is hunched down in the rain.  He shields her with the umbrella but barks a harsh “get up”.

Whenever she is in a crisis (bar the one where he thought she was in danger with the 3 men), Hoon sits patiently WITH her, hears her out, gives her options (sometimes enlightenment and guidance) BUT he leaves her to figure it on her own (not because he doesn’t care, but he strengthens her so she can shoulder the weight on her own). Subtle difference in approach but I like this better. This way builds resilience. Soo’s fix it now approach doesn’t (instead it feeds reliance). It’s like parenting. If you rush in to solve it for them straight away, you leave the child with few defenses to solve it for themselves next time. You want to empower them with tools so they can safely navigate the world on their own without you, not come running back to you every time they hit an obstacle.

I get the feeling this is his (Hoon) approach to wooing her as well.  Soo clings onto her fearing that he will lose her (making overt declarations of love and proposals of marriage which aren’t grounded in reality, he neglects to tell her about his real position and how the marriage would impact her future life) but Hoon wants her to come to him of her own volition (hence his prickly exterior, giving her enough to realize that he cares and that he is a safe haven for her but not so much that it leaves her guilted to choose him).   Woven in there is the whole question if “love” is all that is required for a happy ever after.  Soo seems to think so - which is why he seems to still persist in his declarations of marriage to GD despite knowing full well it would be near nigh impossible given her existing predicament as a peasant.  Hoon is less convinced because he has seen that empty promises of “love” isn’t quite enough. For a marriage to last a lifetime, it needs to be entered into with eyes wide open with all the facts  apparent.  Like the wedding of Scholar Lee and Lady Choi (?).  Scholar Lee’s mother had to come to the party.  Everyone had to know what they were going to get into and live with the consequences of their decisions.  Communication was key between all the parties involved and Hoon played the referee.

As some have guessed here I get the feeling Hoon will put a plan into motion to elevate GD’s status as a noble woman (with her playing the daughter of Lord Yun and Lady Im).  This would give her enough standing to enter the palace as Soo’s Queen (?).  

Archived