[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am watching it raw and subbed later. I usually understand 60-70 percent of what they are talking. I should say Kim Min Jae is slaying his role and he is mighty handsome. Reminds me of his friendship with V and they are a look alike especially eyes. They are doing very little with the king. Wonder why they cast Seo Ji Hoon& Kim Min Jae together. Because they both are lead materials, especially Seo Ji Hoon stole thunder from both leading actors from his last 2 dramas. i am loving eye candy cast anyway. 

12 hours ago, luvtokki said:

Is there anywhere else besides Viki that you are watching this?  The English subs are way too slow...and I don't want to watch just the raw.  Anyone?  Otherwise I'll just wait until a good number are subbed.  Thanks!

This drama  has also been liscensed by VIU. VIU is only available in certain countries so you will need to check to see if VIU is available for you. 

https://www.viu.com/

Also, check your messages. 

On 10/4/2019 at 9:18 PM, Jillia said:

And judging from the clothes this will happen right after last episode. I wonder if the "moving in for a kiss" is a red herring as well. I don't see Ma Hoon kissing Gae Ttong just now and meaning it.

Looks to me like he'll remove the glasses probably wondering why she's wearing it :D

On 10/4/2019 at 10:06 PM, USAFarmgirl said:

Still it's not new my picking those dramas that might not be considered popular at the moment and yet I have come to realize.  It's not the numbers but the story and it's characters that matter most.  Often it's those dramas that don't receive the love and light they so deserve.  That are the true diamonds and so worth watching that are often overlooked and sadly for them missed...

Exactly! Most of the dramas I usually watch are those that are underrated. I tend to not finish even those dramas with high ratings with popular cast. Wonder why. Always depend on how I'm drawn to it plot wise.

Hello to All

It's been awhile since I last visited soompi drama threads. I am enjoying this drama so far and hope many more fans will join in the discussion :blush: Looking forward to Episode 7 tomorrow. Hope the ratings will increase too

Hi guys! Just finished all available episodes... seems I was too fast to finish the episodes and the new one will only be aired tomorrow! I did not expect that the story is soo interesting and I already feel the story will go on „who will get the girl?“.

The story until episode 6 has shown how Hoon will fall in love with GD. Wondering how would be her reaction if she would meet the King or Lee Soo again.

So thankful for all those whom are still joining it just makes the experience that much more fun.  Welcome:heart:

8 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Exactly! Most of the dramas I usually watch are those that are underrated. I tend to not finish even those dramas with high ratings with popular cast. Wonder why. Always depend on how I'm drawn to it plot wise.

It's good to know I am not alone and it seems that I too can't focus on newer dramas and have dropped a few that started out strong and then for some reason.  Not even sure completely why I just didn't go back.  Which is kind of unusual for me I always use to pride myself on finishing anything I started.  I do seem to be more interested in Chinese dramas lately I think we viewers all need a little change from time to time. 

Although so far I love this drama because it's not so serious and yet has some deep and dark rooted thoughts and examples of different types of loves, relationships, and struggles that shows we don't always know everyone's story.  So much of who these characters are is covered up and hidden within themselves.  That no matter how different characters or even people may seem there are always common things that draw them and in a way us together.  I love those moments when fiction moves us and makes us reflect on our own reality and lives...

9 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Looks to me like he'll remove the glasses probably wondering why she's wearing it :D

Yeah, he will most likely make a comment just to break the emotional turmoil for Gae Ttong.

Btw... I really think the love between Gae Ttong and Lee Soo was one-sided. At least the character chart suggests so. I guess Gae Ttong would've married Lee Soo because he is sweet and caring and a safe choice to make. But I don't think it would be fair to Lee Soo. I mean from what I can tell Lee Soo would be okay with him having the bigger feelings as long as he can be with Gae Ttong but I think he deserves someone who loves him as much as he loves Gae Ttong. :D

Seems they showed Lee Soo in one sided love with Gae Ttong. But if thing are like that, i dont see what is the complict anymore. Hoon & her can fall in love and get their happy ending. If Gae ttong is in love with Soo, they have mountain of problems between them, so Hoon helps them and fall in love with her along the way. Soo& Gae Ttong are in anguish and Hoon is in anguish. Together they join hands and make Gae Ttong a bride for the king and Hoon would be left with accomplishment and friends for life and maybe a new Gae Ttong in the end of the show. This would be better story for me. I pity Soo. Since he already loves Gae Ttong that much, it is almost impossible to love another person just as same. It is possible to care for another woman or a lot of women given he is a king. Such a devoted person he is, yet cant live the way he wants and cant love the woman he loves freely. What a pity. I wish production wont sway to audiences, just focus on the written story which is always a winner. Or else drama will be botched mess, not worth to watch for the second time.

I feel sorry for Soo. I wish his guardians had done a better job preparing him for even a slim possibility of being king. I do understand that sometimes royal heirs living outside are kept ignorant to protect them from assassination and it was the king’s order to have him raised simply but Soo was entirely unprepared when he walked into the viper’s nest. It’s hard to watch how powerless and out of place he seems dealing with the scheming ministers in his court. I hope he learns to maneuver the politics quickly so that he can survive. 

As to Soo and Gae Ttong, I would guess the only way they can be together is if he makes her his concubine. Would she want that though? The palace to me is the most deadly place to live especially without backing from a political faction. I also cannot see Gae Ttong making the choice to live there no matter all her nonsense talk about love beating all odds. I mean how many people during those times married for love? And to me it seemed like she just went with the flow when Soo proposed. He was the one full of passion. In any case, it would be nice if she finds out that Soo is the king. I would like to see how she faces that reality.

I've finally been able to watch up to episode 4 now, and I have to say I like it.

You ladies are probably all swooning over all the flower boys in the drama, but as a man this does nothing for me.

I'll have to say I appreciate Kim Min Jae (who reminds me of Yeo Jin Goo - he even has the voice) and his acting he is doing a good job.

Also, Seo Ji Hoon had me interested in him at the beginning, and I was rooting for him and miss Dog Poop (really?) at the start but once he became king he faded into the background while the other side of the triangle (Ma Hoon + Gae Ttong) developed.

The "Original Queer Eye" guy Go Young Soo was irritating at first, he was soooo swishy it was uncomfortable to watch, but his character is growing on me.

Gong Seung Yeon is also doing well.  This is the type of part she does so well.  The ugly duckling who turns into a swan.  The low born, unsophisticated, sassy girl who lives on her wits with the heart of gold.  You know she's going to sway Ma Hoon's hard heart and turn him into a pile of mush.  I just don't know how many times she will have to clumsily fall into his arms to make that happen?

And you know Lee Soo is going to recruit Ma Hoon to set him up with Gae Ttong.   Big trouble for all involved.

The production is good, nicely filmed, although the editing is sometimes choppy from scene to scene.  It's easy to watch, and has a nice balance between palace intrigue and the lighter, comedic side.

The one scene that got me as exceedingly sweet yet sexy was the "hair ribbon scene".  When Ma Hoon let her hair loose and was sweeping the hair away from her ears - well, it made me all tingly inside. :wub:  I hope for more scenes like that!

@Table122000 - thank you, again!   Hello to @USAFarmgirl - is this unpopular and underrated?  Doesn't matter if you enjoy it, so enjoy!  :D:D 

Hi..

I'm just newbie in this forum, I'm sorry for my bad English. I like this drama so much because light and funny. I think Kim Min Jae fit to this drama, I see him more and more handsome since Goblin drama. His skill acting always good and of course even the other actor is great. 

Tonight Eps 7 will be aired, I can't wait.

Every day in a week I always scroll my instagram and twitter and this forum to see their update. I always waiting Monday and Tuesday coming. I'm so exited and curious. 

5 hours ago, luvtokki said:

I'll have to say I appreciate Kim Min Jae (who reminds me of Yeo Jin Goo - he even has the voice) and his acting he is doing a good job.

Also, Seo Ji Hoon had me interested in him at the beginning, and I was rooting for him and miss Dog Poop (really?) at the start but once he became king he faded into the background while the other side of the triangle (Ma Hoon + Gae Ttong) developed.

The one scene that got me as exceedingly sweet yet sexy was the "hair ribbon scene".  When Ma Hoon let her hair loose and was sweeping the hair away from her ears - well, it made me all tingly inside. :wub:  I hope for more scenes like that!

Yes. I also see that Kim Min Jae reminds me of Yeo Jin Goo. Although I haven’t watched YJG in sageuk before, only recently in Hotel del Luna.

I remember watching KMJ in Goblin. I think he really suits the sageuk clothes. 

This scene with Hoon bought the ribbon and later he is the one who put it in her hair, not only give directly, is total romantic! We can feel the chemistry here, and therefore, make us addicted to the series. I really curious with the love development of Hoon and GD. While in the other side, I also want Soo to be happy. Difficult choice! 

Hi everyone..

When I see Young Soo tantrum in this episode 7, just remember a little brother..

Ma Hoon is a warm hearted person, always understanding and wise..

It is only with that expression that we immediately understand that he really loves his brother..

Young Soo is still stubborn child, hahaha

Stills for episode 7. :D I feel honestly so very unsure about this couple because Do Joon is somewhat a player and Ji Hwa has been raised as a proper yangban lady. I'm not even sure if Do Joon is actually a yangban as well or not. Plus it looks more like a onesided love story?

20191007_185143_0049.jpg

20191007_185137_0424.jpg

20191007_185207_3578.jpg

Spoiler

20191007_185947_5634.jpg

20191007_185951_2865.jpg

20191007_185955_2512.jpg

Credit: JTBC

I know it won't happen (kdrama rule : two character that kiss even while one sleep end up together nearly always (especially on a chanel like kbs)) but I wished it would have gone with GD realising she love LS.

Watching other love make her mature and understand more love and after MH confess to her, she realise the love he feel for her is the same she feel for LS.

Then she would ask the agency for help and MH would realise that he should let her go.

But now we will have LS alone and since everybody around him won't see LS anymore but the king, he would never have a chance at true love anymore and can't never be sure that the other sincerely will love him. I will think of this drama at another melo.

P.S. : it's my point of wiew, you can think otherwise.

Archived