[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

@lollyminx... perhaps since there is already a pure descendent (ie, royal father and royal mother, hence the Crown Price) Soo was not supposed to know of his royal birth or else he could vie for the Crown and they dont want any confrontation  when he grows up. Who knows, but this is one assumption.

Maybe because this drama has aired for 10 episodes, i think this drama is more fun than Nakdo? Nakdo' plot seemed a bit slow while there seemed to be much happening in Flower Crew? Personal opinion...

Anyways, good to have different opinions in the thread though some members should be aware that this is not dramabeans when giving comments, haha... :D

Cant wait for the next episode.... what will Hoonie* do with Gae Dong's confession. Dont just enlarge your eyes only, okay, stop that... hahaha

(On the other note, the name gae dong, i was curious why the name is used as the only time i remember the name was in Fated To Love You when the lead characters were referring to their unborn baby... sigh... )

I dun even wanna watch Nakdo, I dunno y the female lead is dressed like a modern lady appearing in some variety show wearing traditional costume. The male lead looked way too pretty/sissy watever, I dun understand wat it is trying to portray. At least with Flower Crew, its suppose to be like some romantic comedy and all the clothes n actions are supposed to be exaggerated.

I think its light hearted and entertaining to watch. GSY supposed to look really plain jane n boring to show the contrast of a character of the show. Making Hoon wonder what's so gd abt her that Soo wants to marry her in the very 1st plc...if u remember he kept rejecting Soo. He himself was surprised that he too was attracted to her, such a manly woman, a total crude n boorish woman.

6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

On the other note, the name gae dong, i was curious why the name is used as the only time i remember the name was in Fated To Love You when the lead characters were referring to their unborn baby... sigh...

Doesn’t it mean “Dog Poop”?  It’s derogatory.  It references children with no parents, whom nobody wants.  A name is usually given to you by your parents and it encapsulates their hopes and dreams for you?  Nobody in their right mind would name their child Poop?  It’s stinky, smelly and bothersome.  To be cast aside and with no inherent value to anyone.  That was how she was referred to by those around her because she didn’t have a proper name. Which is why GD was so moved when she was given a beautiful name in Ep 9 which meant something.  Instead of being worthless, she is now SuYeon (Su meaning excellent and Yeon meaning lovely), she now has a name, she has worth.

I am not sure why the lead characters in Fated to Love would refer to their unborn baby as Dog Poop.  Did they mean it in jest or did they not want the child? :mellow:

6 hours ago, clandeast said:

Maybe, it still lies with one's preference. And I'm easy to please. So yeah, maybe that's it. :lol:

Same here! I understand why others are disappointed but it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the show. I'm watching other dramas with better plot and execution but Flower Crew is the one that's making me giddy. For the other dramas, which are more enjoyable, I can wait for the next episode to air but for this one, I can't. I get excited. :lol:

40 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Same here! I understand why others are disappointed but it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the show. I'm watching other dramas with better plot and execution but Flower Crew is the one that's making me giddy. For the other dramas, which are more enjoyable, I can wait for the next episode to air but for this one, I can't. I get excited. :lol:

IKR! We have the same feels. I am actually watching 4 ongoing dramas right now but it is only FC that I can't wait to watch. I even keep on refreshing JTBC's youtube page for spoilers lol. I don't even know why. But the show was able to capture my heart (as cringy it may sound haha). So maybe that explains why flaws andall, I still enjoy it & keep on watching. :lol:

Despite the flaws, I think it’s a pretty good effort for a first timer?  I have never heard of the writer so I am just assuming it’s his/her first foray into dramaland.  The writing actually has glimmers of brilliance.  The dialogue is actually quite good (if you remove the unevenness of the acting by Go SeungYeon).  The floral references woven into the episodes is a notable mention - it’s clever.  Visually it’s a feast for the eyes - vibrant colors.  The silks and hanboks just stunning and flowers everywhere.    And the bridge scene last episode was sublime.  Writer has already established that he/she isn’t afraid to do away with minor characters (death of the poor Palace maid) to move the story along which leads me to think the other side characters are fair game too.  I am staying for MinJae (Hoon) and WooSeok (DoJoon).  Just hearing MinJae deliver lines in that sonorous baritone voice of his is enough to lull me into a trance. :lol:  I like Hoon and DoJoon as characters so far.  Only 6 more episodes to the end so I will stay to see how writer winds it all up.

4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Despite the flaws, I think it’s a pretty good effort for a first timer?

Oh right! You mentioned that too, about the writer being a first timer! ALSO, aside from the writer, one reason why I'm watching this show is because the director is female and she's doing well so far. I mean there are flaws, but I think she's adding sensitivies to the direction that works well.

4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Just hearing MinJae deliver lines in that sonorous baritone voice of his is enough to lull me into a trance. :lol:

And he's thoughtful about his acting too. Sometimes he's like professional actors who've been at it for years when he does subtle changes in his reactions, his eyes, etc. that are appropriate for each scene. There's one scene when Gae-tong got mad at him because he's strict and she's hungry all the time training. I love Kim Min Jae's facial reaction after that. It's a mix of guilt and pity, I was like, awwwww...

I still enjoy the show as well. It had flaws from the beginning and I started watching this because I wanted an easy watch and I wasn't disappointed. I can look past the holes in the plot and the rather uneven writing of the characters. There are a lot drama which are really bad and make less sense. :lol:

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

Doesn’t it mean “Dog Poop”?  It’s derogatory.  It references children with no parents, whom nobody wants.  A name is usually given to you by your parents and it encapsulates their hopes and dreams for you?  Nobody in their right mind would name their child Poop?  It’s stinky, smelly and bothersome.  To be cast aside and with no inherent value to anyone.  That was how she was referred to by those around her because she didn’t have a proper name. Which is why GD was so moved when she was given a beautiful name in Ep 9 which meant something.  Instead of being worthless, she is now SuYeon (Su meaning excellent and Yeon meaning lovely), she now has a name, she has worth.

I am not sure why the lead characters in Fated to Love would refer to their unborn baby as Dog Poop.  Did they mean it in jest or did they not want the child? :mellow:

Yes it was meant like that... have you watched the drama before? I love it so much, it was remake from the Taiwanese version.... when the Korean remake was made, i had issues with Jang Hyuk's hair... hahhaa... but yes both dramas are amazing and i remember until now...

So the baby was accidentally conceived during  one night stand.... but because the grandmother wanted a heir, the couple was forced to get married and  the plan was to divorce after she gave birth...

Of couse, they didnt plan to fall in love... and after that 2nd chance at love and happy ending... the end

11 hours ago, firipy said:

I dun even wanna watch Nakdo...

Hehe, i wasnt planning to watch but eventually watched it coz there wasnt anything much to see lately (after Designated Survivor, Hotel del Luna  nothing attracts me... yes, Vagabond okay buttttt the plot makes our hero too good to be true.. sigh... and VIP keep giving us teasers when i want them to air now! While Secret boutique.... something's off with it... haiz)

I thought the actor who acted as Ma Hoon looked familar but i wasnt aware he was the King in Goblin.... and another drama which i forgot... i tot he just look so much alike Yeo Jingoo, though perhaps a younger and a bit shorter then jingoo.... and i thought he looks cute despite his robotic tone in the drama... and handsome... having a good heart in the drama makes me fall  for him too, hahhaa... 

Regarding naming GD as dog poop, an old Chinese belief is that parents should give their children a bad-sounding nickname to prevent attracting evil spirits. Don’t know it is is also the case in Korea since many of their culture are influenced by the Chinese.

47 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Regarding naming GD as dog poop, an old Chinese belief is that parents should give their children a bad-sounding nickname to prevent attracting evil spirits. Don’t know it is is also the case in Korea since many of their culture are influenced by the Chinese.

Yes, I think that was part of the argument... mentioned in the drama...

12 hours ago, nrllee said:

Just hearing MinJae deliver lines in that sonorous baritone voice of his is enough to lull me into a trance. :lol:  

YAAAS. He is one sexy Joseon scholar.

I'm really enjoying this show. The plot is absolutely preposterous but I don't care.

It really bothered me that her name is "dog poop." Imagine if a character is actually named "dog poop" on an English language show. "Dog Poop, you are a beautiful lady." "Dog Poop, I love you." Every time I hear it, I just cringe. No one is happier than me that she finally has a new name. (Soo Yeon) Well, except for Miss Dog Poop herself, that is.

In fact, one of the reasons MinJae as Hoon = sexy is the way he says "Gae Ddong." He says it with such dignity that it doesn't sound like such a bad name when he says it. Ha ha.

The OTP is pretty clearly HOON+GD. Once they show the two accidentally falling into each other's arms in slo-mo and random flower petals begin falling from the sky that means these two will end up together. Isn't that THE LAW of K-dramas? Anyway, that happened at the end of Ep. 1.

I feel bad for Soo, but Soo is finally beginning to learn that people who are close to him are in danger (poor palace maid :tears:) and Prime Minister knows about Gae Ddong. So he'll go through his paces and eventually realize that GD is not safe with him. I think they will always love each other and care about each other, but he will let her go in order to concentrate on being a good and wise king.

I really love all the actors. This is very well cast. MinJae as Hoon = sexy. Gong Seung-Yeon as GD is great. (she's the reason I began watching) And Seo JiHoon is so good as Soo - always so earnest and sensitive.

I also really love the two actors who are playing Prime Minister and the Vice Premier. They were so good in Prison Playbook, it's a delight to see them in sageuk garb speaking all that historical palace intrigue stuff.

Good to see you again @chickfactor :D.  Yeah I am kinda past caring and nitpicking the plot.  All I want to know is how the writer will wrap it up now.  Of particular interest to me is 

- how Hoon’s Father will get his come uppance.  I can’t see Hoon dealing the final blow.  He’s already shown he still cares by hatching that plan with Lady Yim and helping him save face before the Royal Court.  Will Soo do that?  He has motive enough to - for the sake of his friend the poor Palace Maid.

- how Soo’s ending will be now that Palace Maid (potential love interest) is no longer around.

- how Lord Kang (JiHwa’s father) will be dealt with.  To date he wants power but he seems less inclined to be tyrannical (unlike Hoon’s father?) but then again he may just be more patient and he is hiding his true colours.

The ending I would like to see

- Hoon marries GD/SY (technically aren’t they already kinda “wed” in name?  Hoon went through the “fake wedding” with the real SY (who has since passed)?) They stay in the Flower Crew and run the agency together with fashionista crew member.  DoJoon takes the state exam or whatever it is to attain nobleman status so he can wed JiHwa.  It would be nice if he stayed in the Flower Crew but I can’t see JiHwa liking that idea so he may have to just tender his resignation.  Icing on the cake would be Lord Yun and Lady Yim get together as well and get their happy ever after in their twilight years.  And we rain Flower petals like confetti on the couples and wish them all the very best (making beautiful babies that are NOT named GD).  :wub:

4 hours ago, syuhei95 said:

Where can i watch behind the scene with eng sub for ma hoon and gae dong.. 

hiii you can check the link below, it’s the playlist on jtbc drama’s youtube page which is the collection of the drama’s behind the scenes. But only the first 4 videos were subbed. I hope they will put english subs on the others soon though. :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLay3nM-A3sME7voEkntT0WGzQEXQ2axqx

On 10/18/2019 at 5:10 AM, realistic2280a said:

(On the other note, the name gae dong, i was curious why the name is used as the only time i remember the name was in Fated To Love You when the lead characters were referring to their unborn baby... sigh... )

Same with me, I remember directly to this drama. In the beginning of Flower crew, I was also wondering, whether her name is really Gae Ddong :D 

Well, basically we rarely find a drama that is perfect. So, as long as I enjoy watching it, usually I finish watch the drama until the last episode. Usually a drama is very strong in the storyline in the first episodes.  I rarely watch a drama that has strong storyline in its every episode. I feel the last two episodes are rather slow. But I like Ma Hoon more in the last episodes, because he shows more emotion. In the beginning, he is just so stiff. But lately, he shows his warm sides, although still with his style. 

While I see Soo is losing his original character. I can understand that before he has his own world, he can be determined because he knows how is doing. But after he is the king, he becomes so lonely. He has to be very careful. No one he can trust near him. He trusts MaHoon to take care GD. But, the final episode reveals that MH takes care of GD, but a little bit too much until GD falls in love with MH. So devastated of course for Soo. With this condition, Soo can be just any character. Just can’t wait for next episode then. 

On 10/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, chickfactor said:

I feel bad for Soo, but Soo is finally beginning to learn that people who are close to him are in danger (poor palace maid :tears:) and Prime Minister knows about Gae Ddong. So he'll go through his paces and eventually realize that GD is not safe with him. I think they will always love each other and care about each other, but he will let her go in order to concentrate on being a good and wise king.

Oh I really hope your right. It'd be a dam shame if they take and turn him into power mad wicked person and his love turns to a dark obsession that clouds his judgement.

Please let him still. Our ever so sweet smithy.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, Ohsh said:

Off topic 

Spoiler

I thought it was a tendency NOT to even bother naming them so as to “trick” the evil spirits who will have a hard time figuring out which one is the favourite?  I know some families (past generations) which just numbered their children and that was their name :lol:.  Number 1 brother, number 2 sister etc... my daughter has a friend whose mother named all 3 of her girls the exact same name... and no they weren’t triplets... for the same reason... to trick the evil spirits.  At an orphanage where I volunteered at, the babies that were abandoned by their birth parents were often left there with no names... so whoever found them first was given that honour of naming the child.  

Does GD’s oraboni have a name?  I haven’t heard it if he does.  So far he’s just PaPo-i (Dumbo/Idiot), which is just as bad.  

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

Does GD’s oraboni have a name?  I haven’t heard it if he does.  So far he’s just PaPo-i (Dumbo/Idiot), which is just as bad.  

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly, but GT kind of mentioned him as "Kang" a few times. It maybe, like her name, some kind of a nickname though. :lol:

Archived