fullsizephoto1050913.jpg

Network: OCN

Genre: Thriller, Mystery

Episodes: 16

Airdate: May 8th - June 27th, 2019

Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

Official site: HERE

Synopsis:

With their municipality scheduled to be flooded to make way for the construction of a new dam, the devout denizens of a rural village have placed their faith in Choi Gyung Seok, a church elder who promises to relocate the flock. Choi tells the villagers they will build a church and a new housing development where they will all be able to live together after the town is completely submerged. He also says that only 144,000 people can go to heaven, and that church offerings are mandatory if one wants to "secure their spot." Even the town's much-revered Reverend Sung, a young and good-looking minister who seemingly has the ability to heal the sick, approves of Choi's plans. Behind his guise of devotion, however, Choi is a practiced con man posing as a representative of a fake religion; his true aim is to defraud the villagers of their resettlement compensation. The only obstacle to the scheme is Kim MinChul, a skeptical outcast who accidentally discovers evidence of Choi's past misdeeds and suddenly finds himself becoming the center of resistance against the church institution. Cr. Mydramalist

Cast:

Uhm Tae Goo as Kim Min Cheol

He is the lunatic. After being released from prison, the “crazy fool” Kim Min Chul returns to his hometown Wolchuri. The mysterious man Choi Kyung Suk considers Kim Min Chul a nuisance. The relationship chart hints at the conflict these two will have in Wolchuri.

Uhm-Tae-Goo.png

Chun Ho Jin as Choi Kyeong Seok

He tries to establish a fake cult in a village that’s been chosen as a submerged district for dam construction

Chun-Ho-Jin.png

Esom as Kim Young Seon

She is the younger sister of Kim Min Cheol who tries to find hope in the false religion Choi Kyung Suk establishes. She grew up enduring an underprivileged life on her own, meets clergyman Sung Chul Woo when a hellish life is about to begin because of her uncontrollable older brother Kim Min Cheol.

esom.png

Kim Young Min as Seong Cheol Woo

He comes to the village after receiving an offer from Choi Kyung Suk.

Kim-Young-Min.png

Chapter relationship

구í´ì¤ 2 ì¸ë¬¼ê´ê³ë

OST

PART 1

Part 2

Spoiler

part 3

part 4

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Save Me 2 구해줘2 - Esom, Uhm Tae Goo, Chun Ho Jin and Kim Young Min - Premieres in May
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Save Me 2, 구해줘2 - Esom, Uhm Tae Goo, Chun Ho Jin and Kim Young Min - Premieres in May
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Save Me 2, 구해줘2 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST - Esom, Uhm Tae Goo, Chun Ho Jin and Kim Young Min - Premieres on May 8th
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently on episode 4, gotta say it does move at a slower pace than the original Save Me but the storyline is progressively getting interesting, there is something brewing every single episode. They have this constant eerie, calm before the storm atmosphere and it keeps me want to see what happens next. The main character's personality is a bit of a turn off at first but I want to see how he will change once he is faced with a much greater evil. And the senior actor is splendid as a two-face pastor.

ps. I like the reference to BTS in ep 4 lol! :D

I've seen people complaining about this season being not up to par with season 1. The absense of handsome oppas is not helping as well. 

However, I'm completely swept away by the cast's performance. From the main characters to the chicken that one of the villagers wanted to boil. Min Cheol as one of the main character is very refreshing as I love the little details that he adds to his performance. Like the way he calls Eun Ah's name when she tries to chase him away from the bar.

Also, the scene that stood out to me is when Min Cheol slaps his own face and asks his sister to hit him, just like how their father asked to be hit too in the past. Yeong Sun appeared deeply shaken by the fact that Min Cheol has taken after their father. 

Chairman Ko and fam are definitely shady. I enjoyed watching the last scene. We get to see how Elder Choi take advantage of the Pastor's ambition to manipulate him into thinking he has healing powers. 

I started this randomly (I didn't know there is a S1) and am at ep5. It's quite good so far and the villain creeps me out for real, how he charms the villagers with his fake humbleness and readiness to help, while we also his real face several times.

Looking forward to the next episodes!

eta: finished the 10th episode and lordy I get why the dude always shouts lmao.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:05 AM, Miss Heptapod 39 said:

Min Cheol as one of the main character is very refreshing as I love the little details that he adds to his performance.

Yes, he is an unusual main lead, not your typical hero with his behaviour: loud, aggressive and always up to beat someone.

The priest is such a naive character who is getting exploited by a cult leader, but he doesn't really gets it :D

On 5/25/2019 at 11:05 AM, Miss Heptapod 39 said:

We get to see how Elder Choi take advantage of the Pastor's ambition to manipulate him into thinking he has healing powers. 

:lol: This is actually hilarious, poor priest.

I really like the main actor, he was able to portray the bad side and the good side very well. But I definitely can see why this one is not as appealing as the first one as the character development is very skewed and the storyline doesn't flow as well compared to the first one. The cult aspect isn't explored as much since this is all a scam but the acting so far is pretty good from everyone.

It ended this week now, right? I watched episode 15 and the priest turning so bonkers was quite sad to watch. Hopefully I can watch the last ep translated tomorrow.

All in all I enjoyed this rather rough drama and I really like the male lead, who I hope to see in more projects.

Uhm Tae Goo, Esom, Chun Ho Jin, And Kim Young Min Share Their Thoughts On The End Of âSave Me 2â

Uhm Tae Goo, Esom, Chun Ho Jin, And Kim Young Min Share Their Thoughts On The End Of “Save Me 2”

Jun 27, 2019
by C. Hong

The cast of OCN’s “Save Me 2” recently shared their thoughts and feelings on the drama and its upcoming finale.

“Save Me 2” is the sequel to “Save Me,” which was based on a webtoon series and told the story of a woman trying to get out of a cult religious group. “Save Me 2” follows a similar storyline, about the inhabitants of a small town that is thrown into chaos when a false religious group sets up there.

save-me-2.jpg

Uhm Tae Goo plays Kim Min Cheol, a once-promising judo athlete who has been in and out of prison in his life and returns to his hometown to find something strange going on. He said, “Thank you to the director, the screenwriter, and all the cast and crew on set. It was not a short time we spent together, but I’m glad that I was able to work with such amazing people.”

He added, “More than anything else, I also want to sincerely thank all the viewers of ‘Save Me 2,’ who cheered Kim Min Cheol on.”

Chun Ho Jin plays Choi Kyung Suk, a stranger who comes to the village to set up a religious organization. He said, “So the day to bid farewell to ‘Save Me 2’ has already come. I’m glad to have made such an amazing project with amazing people. I hope that all the members of the cast and crew will stay healthy. Thank you to the viewers who stuck with ‘Save Me 2’ until the end.”

Esom plays Kim Young Sun, the younger sister of Kim Min Cheol. Because she has a bleak outlook on the future, she is easily approached by the pastor Sung Cheol Woo (Kim Young Min). She said, “Thank you to the cast, from whom I had a lot to learn, and the director, writer, and crew, who worked hard to perfect each scene. ‘Save Me 2’ was my first genre production and it was an honor to have worked with such great people. I am also grateful from the bottom of my heart to the viewers who loved ‘Save Me 2.’ Please keep watching until the very end.”

Kim Young Min plays Sung Cheol Woo, an ambitious pastor who undergoes a dynamic change. He said, “Thank you to the viewers who showed their love and support for ‘Save Me 2.’ It was a big support to us on set. I hope that the days will go by quickly until I can meet you all again. Please tune in to OCN dramas in the future.” Cr soompi

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Save Me 2, 구해줘2

Archived