fullsizephoto1050913.jpg

Network: OCN

Genre: Thriller, Mystery

Episodes: 16

Airdate: May 8th, 2019 -

Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

Official site: http://program.tving.com/ocn/saveme2/

Synopsis:

With their municipality scheduled to be flooded to make way for the construction of a new dam, the devout denizens of a rural village have placed their faith in Choi Gyung Seok, a church elder who promises to relocate the flock. Choi tells the villagers they will build a church and a new housing development where they will all be able to live together after the town is completely submerged. He also says that only 144,000 people can go to heaven, and that church offerings are mandatory if one wants to "secure their spot." Even the town's much-revered Reverend Sung, a young and good-looking minister who seemingly has the ability to heal the sick, approves of Choi's plans. Behind his guise of devotion, however, Choi is a practiced con man posing as a representative of a fake religion; his true aim is to defraud the villagers of their resettlement compensation. The only obstacle to the scheme is Kim MinChul, a skeptical outcast who accidentally discovers evidence of Choi's past misdeeds and suddenly finds himself becoming the center of resistance against the church institution. Cr. Mydramalist

Cast:

Uhm Tae Goo as Kim Min Cheol

He is the lunatic. After being released from prison, the “crazy fool” Kim Min Chul returns to his hometown Wolchuri. The mysterious man Choi Kyung Suk considers Kim Min Chul a nuisance. The relationship chart hints at the conflict these two will have in Wolchuri.

Uhm-Tae-Goo.png

Chun Ho Jin as Choi Kyeong Seok

He tries to establish a fake cult in a village that’s been chosen as a submerged district for dam construction

Chun-Ho-Jin.png

Esom as Kim Young Seon

She is the younger sister of Kim Min Cheol who tries to find hope in the false religion Choi Kyung Suk establishes. She grew up enduring an underprivileged life on her own, meets clergyman Sung Chul Woo when a hellish life is about to begin because of her uncontrollable older brother Kim Min Cheol.

esom.png

Kim Young Min as Seong Cheol Woo

He comes to the village after receiving an offer from Choi Kyung Suk.

Kim-Young-Min.png

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Chapter relationship

구í´ì¤ 2 ì¸ë¬¼ê´ê³ë

OST

PART 1

Part 2

Spoiler

part 3

• Like 2

hmm..corporate saga.. why link this to Save Me.. save me was much darker and about innocent lives and kids

plus esom has played tough girl so many times that i can't see the muted resiliency in her 

• Like 2

I really liked the first season, so I will watch the second season of the drama.

That's just the policy in the description somewhat confusing. I still want to see more religion, worship and salvation of unhappy people than struggle for money and power.:phew:

Has anyone else watched those 2 first episodes? 

It wasn't an easy watch: slow pace, lack of music and strange mix of genres (lot of unexpected humor/comedy tone) weighed on this start, but by the end of episode 2 i was so completely convinced that i'm already suffering from withdrawal.

I don't know how i'm going to wait a complete and long week for the rest...

I haven't watched s1 because of the cast: too many young actors. 

This season fixed the problem and gathered some of my favourite actors: Chun Ho Jin, Esom notably. They totally live up to my expectations. 

Uhm Tae Goo is a revelation for me and though his character seems two dimensional,  made only of excess, i think the actor keeps him grounded by showing a subtle vulnerability underneath his gross manners and lack of conscience. I can definitively sense that he's a not a lost cause. The actor has an excellent physical presence and physical abilities. I'm curious to know how he will transform his character from a real jerk to a true hero. 

Kim you Min is a novelty too to me: a very talented man who is capable to go from the fake narcissistic man who loves to drown in the attention given by pretty young women, easily manipulated, to the generous foul who accepted to pretend to be the husband to help a mother to give birth in the middle of nowhere without epidural.  

The villagers are all precious: the actors are mostly veterans who seem to have lived all their life together. I'm afraid they won't all survive, which worries me a lot since i'm already invested in their stories.

Favourites scenes: 

the delivery scene (including the ambulance part) was the scene of the week for me.

"You forgot to give me the wallet" "I saved you" was the best encounter between two main characters so far.

First drama of 2019 that i'm truly enjoying. Hopefully it will stay this way. 

• Like 1

I'm currently on episode 4, gotta say it does move at a slower pace than the original Save Me but the storyline is progressively getting interesting, there is something brewing every single episode. They have this constant eerie, calm before the storm atmosphere and it keeps me want to see what happens next. The main character's personality is a bit of a turn off at first but I want to see how he will change once he is faced with a much greater evil. And the senior actor is splendid as a two-face pastor.

ps. I like the reference to BTS in ep 4 lol! :D

• Like 3

I've seen people complaining about this season being not up to par with season 1. The absense of handsome oppas is not helping as well. 

However, I'm completely swept away by the cast's performance. From the main characters to the chicken that one of the villagers wanted to boil. Min Cheol as one of the main character is very refreshing as I love the little details that he adds to his performance. Like the way he calls Eun Ah's name when she tries to chase him away from the bar.

Also, the scene that stood out to me is when Min Cheol slaps his own face and asks his sister to hit him, just like how their father asked to be hit too in the past. Yeong Sun appeared deeply shaken by the fact that Min Cheol has taken after their father. 

Chairman Ko and fam are definitely shady. I enjoyed watching the last scene. We get to see how Elder Choi take advantage of the Pastor's ambition to manipulate him into thinking he has healing powers. 

• Like 4

I started this randomly (I didn't know there is a S1) and am at ep5. It's quite good so far and the villain creeps me out for real, how he charms the villagers with his fake humbleness and readiness to help, while we also his real face several times.

Looking forward to the next episodes!

eta: finished the 10th episode and lordy I get why the dude always shouts lmao.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:05 AM, Miss Heptapod 39 said:

Min Cheol as one of the main character is very refreshing as I love the little details that he adds to his performance.

Yes, he is an unusual main lead, not your typical hero with his behaviour: loud, aggressive and always up to beat someone.

The priest is such a naive character who is getting exploited by a cult leader, but he doesn't really gets it :D

On 5/25/2019 at 11:05 AM, Miss Heptapod 39 said:

We get to see how Elder Choi take advantage of the Pastor's ambition to manipulate him into thinking he has healing powers. 

:lol: This is actually hilarious, poor priest.

I really like the main actor, he was able to portray the bad side and the good side very well. But I definitely can see why this one is not as appealing as the first one as the character development is very skewed and the storyline doesn't flow as well compared to the first one. The cult aspect isn't explored as much since this is all a scam but the acting so far is pretty good from everyone.