Quantcast
BLBLBL

[2019 New BL series] WhyRUtheseries by Domunditv & WabiSabi

Ep. 0 with subtitles on YT

Spoiler

I wait for once, so I'm gonna watch it now!

edit : It start badly, the synchronisation in the first part isn't well done!

I really need to learn thaï! :phew:

Edited by mellialuna
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mellialuna said:

Ep. 0 with subtitles on YT

Thanks a lot for infos! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, mellialuna said:

It start badly, the synchronisation in the first part isn't well done!

Will wait they fix it betore to watch!

2 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Will wait they fix it betore to watch!

It is only with the first part, the 3 others have not that issue!

• Like 2

Watching first episode the acting needs more progress... and the kiss scene was a joke, if some guy stole me my girlfriend and make a fight with me, I punch not just one time, a lot of times, and if he kiss me, I'm really going to be so mad that I don't know if I can't stop fighting with him.

Anyway I'm going to watch the rest of episodes. 

• Insightful 1

Comment on Episode 1

This can be consider a spoiler by those who haven't watch this Episode

So... be WARN...!!

This was really a great opening Episode with tons of Thai and Japanese BL references all over (แฟนผมเป็นผู้ชาย - Boyfriend (2007), Uraboku, Junjo Romantica, Dakaichi; Make It Right The Series, My Dream The Series...) and a beautiful surprise having Gulf & Mew playing new roles as BL Idols as well.  We have one of the top 3 Thai BL directors working here, and the most intertextual director ever from Thailand. Every single setting is fulfilled with data about the characters and that will make this Series an amazing art work to watch. The story has been set fragmented; in a flash back... and it is really hard to tell what is reality, and what is fantasy. In the end it all could be just a huge dream of Zon, recreating his own live and experiences. Amazing...!! Then this all goes back to Tony Kushner's "Gay Fantasia on National Themes - Angels in America" (1990) and Harper words in Act 1 Scene 7 together with Prior:
"(...) in my experience the mind shouldn't be able to make up anything that wasn't there to start with, that didn't enter it from experience, from the real world. Imagination can't create anything new. It only recycles bits and pieces from the world and resembles them into visions... (...) So when we think we've escaped the unbearable ordinaries and, well, untruthfulness of our lives, it's really only the same old ordinariness and falseness rearranged into the appearance of novelty and truth. (...)"

The fujoshi lead references are so funny and also integrated in an Asian fujoshi tradition that got stronger with HIStory 1 "Stay Away From Me". I loved the way Meng Meng (acted so great by Taiwanese rocky actress Chiao Man Ting) not only recreated her best friend BL story, but also pushed the boys to get actively together. Without the fake letter she wrote to Cheng Qing making it seem it was wrote by Feng He the step brothers would have needed ages to become a couple. Here is a step more ahead, as Sol (Zon's sister) is not only already writing a love story the way she pictures her on older bother with SaiFah; but also posting it online... so many at the university most be wondering how much of Sol's BL fiction is real... and even herself wishes it to be not just her fantasy, but real as well.

In Episode 1 we get to see how the lead characters meet and why they are mad at each other:

Zon punched and kissed SaiFah by accident already... because of a girl. He though to have a relationship with her, but wasn't spending any time with her (he was like a ghost boyfriend I guess). And SaiFah didn't care about her at all; he was just experiencing things with her. It is hard to tell if Zon knows already he likes guys... For SaiFah is clear he is playing the fields with anyone who gives him a chance. There is a year time span from this negative happenings and the dream that opens the Episode. In the mean time they most have been "hatting" each other over and over.

For Fighter is way more complicated... as he was being nice an attentive to Tutor after their very negative first encounters together... and they were getting alone just fine (despite Tutor being unreasonable with Fighter) BUT an "organized girlfriend" by his family came in between. In the end it won't be Tutor the one coming between Fighter and HwaHwa (is that a dogs name? - LOL) but it was the girl the one interfering without knowing it. This lead us to the eternal question on BL stories for gay guy who know to be gay, or to like a particular guy, but can't bring himself to open up to that love. Fighter is this character... already all in love with Tutor, making steps to be close to him... but something comes in between and makes him question the true nature of his feelings.
How is it with Tutor...? He enjoyed Fighter being attentive to him, and even demanded a direct way from him. Is obvious he was not just flattered... and when HwaHwa came in between them it was obvious he was totally richard simmons with Fighter's change. The first one being jealous here is Tutor... to the point that he can't stand listening even one second to Fighter being sweet and attentive to his best girl friend HwaHwa. Tutor wanted those words from Fighter to be said to him.

This Series is really an amazing start in the Thai BL Year 2020... and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I already do. :love:

Cheers...!

• Like 1

PS: I can't get over that sad loving face of Fighter every time he is around Tutor...

I keep having the feeling that they do know each other from high school. There are a few signs for this:

(1) The way Fighter looked at Tutor when he came for his name tag; and the way he wrote Tutor's nick name just as TER

(2) The way Tutor said Zon was so good at school with all subjects, except for English... and Zon then said: "You are remembering the wrong guy". In the trailer Tutor is going to help later on Fighter studying English.

Of course.. This is another BL reference... In "2 MOONS"... Phana didn't remember Wayo... and here I have the feeling it is Tutor who don't remember Fighter... but Fighter did recognized Tutor from the beginning, and that is why he wrote the nickt name as TER, because that is how he had him in his memories.

Amazing...!!

Cheers...!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

(2) The way Tutor said Zon was so good at school with all subjects, except for English... and Zon then said: "You are remembering the wrong guy".

I saw different meaning in Zon's answer here. It's like he've changed so much since the high school time so who he is now and who he was are like different people. Or he was just being a bit sarcastic at that moment.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

17 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

and it is really hard to tell what is reality, and what is fantasy.

I thought the whole thing was fantasy :joy:

I liked the opening scene. All the animations were so cute and funny.

s8lBAUr.jpg

(If there was someone, who gives the feel of came-straight-out-of-the-animation-world, it will be Saint lol.) I super-wished Tutor did that "Hi" too.

The story-arc of Tutor-Fighter was more interesting for me. It is strange, since in the animations part, I liked Saifah-Zon. There were several instances that I laughed out loud like: Zon's mother saying leg-down, no-two-hands (felt like my mother lol, except she would have done it without looking back :lol:), Saifah-Zon fight scene of what-to-do-when-ur-enemy-is-so-tall, and the unicorn-as-nickname is the cutest :D. The creditor was too creepy (It would have been better if he didnt kiss Tutor, or they shouldnt have given a comedic vibe to that scene. Doing both, was not good). 

I dont mind acting-lapse when it comes to new-actors. It didnt bother me much too. Out of the new people, I liked Zee and Perth(Zol)'s acting. Looks wise, I liked Tommy (Zon). And Tutor-Fighter gives good feel of a 'couple'.

gOinDQo.jpg

I seriously like these scenes. Laughed out loud. I wish they show more in the next episode too :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aniola said:

I saw different meaning in Zon's answer here. It's like he've changed so much since the high school time so who he is now and who he was are like different people. Or he was just being a bit sarcastic at that moment.

That would be too much a similarity between 2 BL characters to me...

BUT we are at the beginning... I am just overthinking signs... like I always do. :joy:

2 hours ago, dramaandfood said:

I thought the whole thing was fantasy :joy:

I still believe the entire Series is going to be like a very long dream (or nightmare) of ZON... :joy:

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, dramaandfood said:

There were several instances that I laughed out loud like: Zon's mother saying leg-down, no-two-hands (felt like my mother lol, except she would have done it without looking back :lol:),

Saifah-Zon fight scene of what-to-do-when-ur-enemy-is-so-tall,

and the unicorn-as-nickname is the cutest :D.

The creditor was too creepy (It would have been better if he didnt kiss Tutor, or they shouldnt have given a comedic vibe to that scene. Doing both, was not good).

Out of the new people, I liked Zee and Perth (Zol)'s acting. Looks wise, I liked Tommy (Zon). And Tutor-Fighter gives good feel of a 'couple'.

Amazing the comedy elements used in the opening Episode already. I also died laughing with Zon's mum :joy:

Zon climbing up the bank to be taller than SaiFah got me thinking on Kong in SOTUS...

But ZON didn't scream here "I Like guys...!" ... :joy:

He probably just though about it....

SOL is such a cute character.... since Meng Meng in HIStory 1 "Stay away from me" I have been longing for such a fujoshi character in a Thai BL Series... and now I finally got her...!! :kiss_wink:

The creditor scene was like totally OFF THE SERIES to me... What was that about...?

Another BL reference...? And if yes: a creepy reference to "Okane Ga Nai"...? 

I mean... in "Okane Ga Nai" Yukiya's creditor (and owner) Kanou is a real handsome and loving guy (for a mafiosi) ... and that is totally not the same here. This was just for us to know Tutor's precarious financial situation, which will be the mean reason WHY he is going to take Fighter as pupil to teach him English later on.

I am in love with ZEE (Fighter).

His killer eyes makes me nervous all the time... and that sad loving expression says so much...!! :relaxed:

Can't wait to see what is up next...!!

Cheers...!

• Like 1

Just some tease with Off The Series pictures and posters

EPIyb0bVAAcc7MO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EPGaA8jVUAEIiQu?format=jpg&name=medium

EPDx141UYAE07fg?format=jpg&name=medium

EO7m7JTVAAAf4Sr?format=jpg&name=medium

EO7lvvHU4AAbP1r?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EO7jefWVUAAt68R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Cheers...!

• Like 1

By the way...

The English subtitles are wrong again in many many scenes

:joy:  :joy:  :joy:

And is not just the grammar...!!

Even Jay seems not able to take it anymore...!!

:joy:   :joy:   :joy:

• LOL 2

Let me guess....

WHO is leading the LINE TV views...?

EPbJG9nUUAACf9I?format=jpg&name=large

Cheers...!

• Like 1

Comment on Episode 2

If you haven't watch the Episode, then STOP right here.

Some could consider this a spoiler

I am in shock...!! This Series is like a huge homage to the BL World...! At first I though Mew & Gulf were having different characters here but they were playing really Tharn & Type...!! OMG...!! and then Tee & Fuse came into action as well...!!! Who is next...? A couple from "My Dream The Series"...?? I mean... Zol has also a dreamcatcher in her BL "altar" on the wall... so that could be next...! Amazing...!! The funny thing is that I keep having the feeling that they are NOT real... but only inside Zon's imagination... and that is why the soundtrack keeps playing the dream theme (from the opening of the Series) in those moments. He is always alone when he talks to them... and the scenes don't seem from real life, but actually from a BL novel (Tharn kissing Type and holding hands in public... Tee kissing Fuse and Fuse reaction....).

Day is played by Thai actor Pangpond Akalavut who had the gay role of ROB in the Lakorn "Roop Thong - aka Golden".

So sad there are no Eng Subs for that Lakorn yet... not even the gay cuts. I am sure many people would love to understand the entire story. 

Zon is conflicted by his "nightmares" but keeps on asking not to be teased that way. Does he want it to be real then already...?

A kiss is never just a kiss... and that is why he keeps on thinking about SaiFah. And when they are together he keeps on trying to avoid any closeness with him... but fate keeps on pushing him into SaiFah's arms.

BUT WAIT..... The best was talking to the fujoshies by the elevators... when SaiFah used another Thai BL quote... saying "My Zon"... from the Thai BL Series "Cause You're My Boy" aka "My Tee" - in Thai อาตี๋ของผม ... and here SaiFah says: Zonของผม = My Zon

Fighter and Tutor were already having erotic electricity since day one. I am still sure they have a past together... because if NOT then it was love at first sight for Fighter when Tutor came so cute painted to get his name tag. And Tutor... avoiding Fighter... for a reason we still don't know (It can't be because Fighter gave HwaHwa the drink 2 years ago)... is just denial pure. How can anyone hold 2 years yearning for each other and still behave like mortal enemies....? Is the only thing that bothers me from the Series... the time chronology.

This Series is leading in LINE TV Thailand the viewer rankings in place Nr 1 for the first week, with over 1 Million views for EP 1 after 3 days... something that not even Tharn Type was able to do. Course... running on Friday nights has its privileges... compare to Mondays. An excellent Thai BL Series to start the year...!!

Cheers...!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Day is played by Thai actor Pangpond Akalavut who had the gay role of ROB in the Lakorn "Roop Thong - aka Golden".

So sad there are no Eng Subs for that Lakorn yet... not even the gay cuts. I am sure many people would love to understand the entire story. 

Oh, i was wondering why he looks familiar. I probably saw some pic and video cuts.

Spoiler

If i remember correctly their story ends tragically..

But if you interested this person recently have started to translate the series: https://thaiblfan92.wordpress.com/category/golden/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1