Quantcast
Lmangla

women in dramaland

14 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

this actress is great at playing characters where you aren't sure what to think of them at all... besides her fabulous clothes (she has such a distinct style!), she brings such nuances to the characters she plays that they definitely stick out...

nominee for a conflicting character -- min ja young in let me introduce her

she is a chairman of a cosmetics company but her successful son turns out to be a violently abusive husband behind closed doors. her horror when she finds out is and her head spins as she wonders how she failed as a mother.. how does she protect everybody's interests including her daughter-in-law and granddaughter in a messed up situation like this? it was fascinating to watch...

Lee Mi Sook in Wok of Love....JangHyuk's character long lost mother, a former beauty queen and Chaebol's wife but appeared in front of her gangster son like this:

2S7wY.jpg

She is really a great actress, she is gorgeous but doesn't mind to take a role that required to looks ugly....In MF, she was absolutely stunning in her glory, her fab wardrobes, immaculate makeup and hair and how the ways she carried herself. She was soooo bad as a woman in MF but yet I can't help but admire her a lot....What to say, I love a well-played villain....

• Like 13
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

The best of the best! Real woman. Ji Sung is my love ...
His An Ye Na is a real miracle. No one will say that this is not a woman and she has no place here.:P

This one would have place :mrgreen:

AA7912D0-356F-4398-A3E4-AB180147D081.jpg

C350CA1D-748C-497D-AC22-E8B736305B07.gif

D8F0A4BE-BFBE-4A8B-9601-C1956A8FDA9A.gif

She even have her own kick @triplem help with that :sweat_smile: - @Lawyerh would I be needing a lawyer soon :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lawyerh would I be needing a lawyer soon :joy:

I think you will need one soon chingu. For..... suggesting transgender Yona to woman event.... LOL.

* Oh Kang Son from Top Star Yoo Baek is so natural, careless & macho. I think in real life she could become my bestfriend! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Posted (edited)

@Ameera Ali you crack me up .....:joy:

okay...I will have to find time to gif these requests...( priority will be to make your CEO one :D)

@cenching I love Lee Mi Sook as well...fantastic versatile seasoned actress. She was superb in Money Flower. While she was a villain, in her own twisted way she felt she was doing what she needed to ensure her son has a place in that family. 

----------------------

So my favourite female character in recent memory is played by Go Ah Sung . As Officer Yoon Na Young in Life on Mars, she lived in 1980s Seoul  where police women of that time were often just made to do administrative and menial work. It was an extremely discriminating sort of environment - her colleagues for instance would always make her get coffee ,send their laundry etc. However throughout the drama, she became the MVP of the team as she was observant and sharp .And  being a psychology graduate and a gal with high EQ , a few cases were solved thanks to her resourcefulness and hard work pouring over details that her male counterparts had no patience for. She is sweet and soft spoken...but when it comes to the catching the bad guys...ahahaha..she can really kick butt ! By the end of the drama , they saw & respected as a cop and an indispensable member of the team, and not a woman in a uniform to run their errands. 

giphy.gif

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Did u want to choose Miss drooling :sweat_smile: u afraid is only one choice :joy:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................dont break my secrets.....so it women days right.....hehehe okie....let me get my shower first then i bomb u guys with women i like....i dont really want to talk about dislike as i learn not to talk about negativity :P 

F49C75FD-0A01-4087-9655-0F4C61982F7D.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

the fixture in dramaland -- the mom!

the mom from my too perfect sons/sons of sol pharmacy

one of my favourite mom character -- she made you laugh as she moaned about how she was the only woman in the house with 6 men and she was sick of the washing and cooking. she was embarrassed that her 3 sons were not married and in their 30s while the youngest (an accident baby) could not pass high school. it was hysterical to watch her force the lads in the summer to help out making kimchi -- it was both a family bonding time as well as full of arguments and bickering. and when she finally got her wish where her sons were finding love interests, she was still conflicted..... she was a great blend of love, warmth, hilariousness, exasperation and tough love.

her reaction on finding through gossip site that her son is dating an actress..

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Okie i wanted to go to shower....however as i was about to get up....i remember this one lady.....an awesome lady in 

'My Only One' - Jeong Jae-Sun as Master Wang's mother - she is just like a dark avenger in the series....she had the right to meat out the punishment to those badies....and they cant do anything about it and to take it just like that lols......

not to mention that she had to play 2 sides....when she is sane.....she is someone with compassion...she is understanding and despite her status....she never look down on those beneath her but treat them as her equal.....she love them all just the same and it show us the humane sides of the rich :) 

zKoqkIwi6YFkY6KNmvYO9fNaSeXPziAxhlhPT7eG

However when she is in  her dementia state....make sure that you are in the good...she knew...you dont even have to hide it....she knew whether are you in the dark or in the light :D yup you dont have to tell her who you are....nothing you do will convince her other wise....she will decide whether to love you or decided that you need some punishment :D heheheh **ahem** ;) 

wP0O1bzZlQ7Mzcr7HXqGnKoYpjL7UPuDSBzTHgAA

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

43 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Okie i wanted to go to shower....however as i was about to get up....i remember this one lady.....an awesome lady in 

:mrgreen: I love that woman , she responsible of pulling a lot of hair :joy: 

she remind me of this granny , she is little perv but who judging  :tounge_xd:

5c8123409ea1a887153279.gif?download

.. moon dance :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

2 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

:mrgreen: I love that woman , she responsible of pulling a lot of hair :joy: 

she remind me of this granny , she is little perv but who judging  :tounge_xd:

.. dance moon :D

GIFMaker.org_oVNCwI.gif

oooo cool....this grandma can dance!!! :D

• LOL 12

While talking about mom's in kdramaland I should definitely mention the badass Ra Mi Ran from reply 1988. Hehehe. As much as I like Jung Hwan, I admit that it's difficult being a mother to such a closed off kid. And another son who is sick and would do anything but study. Haha. And a husband who plays around everyday. She had to deal with these three weirdos everyday, haha. She is outspoken, caring, strong and the backbone of the Kim family. I dont think they can survive without her. LOL

tumblr_o05r0qIvQj1spfigfo6_400.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

@Lmangla  Thanks for the shout out...:kiss_wink:

One of my favorites continues to be Park Shin Hye maybe because I'm drawn to the total package of a person and for me it's beyond even the screen.  She loves her family and friends and knows how to take care of those around her.  Yet her reach goes beyond even that and her money and love extends world wide.  She seems to have a true sense of self and I admire her loyalty and love towards others.  And when she cries and expresses her emotions on screen I don't ever wonder for I know I will feel and cry with her and because of her too... 

She has grown up physically and within her art form before our very eyes and continues to prove what an amazing actress she truly is and continues to be,  just as she has grown into a woman.  Her list of work is to long to share but here are a few of my favorites as I am sure some of you have your own...

Spoiler

She continues to bloom... Year after year...

There are scenes in which she helps create that stay with you forever... And music has no limitations...

Spoiler

Action scenes come almost natural to her and in her willingness to do her own stunts...

For she isn't just the beautiful girl next door.  She has a sexy, strong and even tough side she is able to show to us as well...

Spoiler

When it comes to Drama she knows how to mix it up and give a viewer more than enough... :heart:Heirs...

Spoiler

Lee Min Ho expressed how this scene above even moved him...

Through her ability and those of the male actors that stand beside her in one drama success after the next she proves why she is  truly among the best...

Spoiler

Something I have always wanted to share...

To me romance moves from her soul right through her eyes and pours out through her body language whether tears or laughter in every character she plays and we are the lucky ones that she stays true to herself.  Her natural shyness, that often overshadows boldness.  That her kissing isn't just about passion or perfection or even what you & I hope to see.   But more about her honesty in showing the reality and the uniqueness in how every persons delivery and acceptance of a kiss is different and truly no two are the same.   That in reality or while acting it's not just two pairs of lips touching or being set free.  It's about who you are, what you feel in that moment and what it means.    When ones values seep through even ones acting because it's a part of who she is and that's perfection enough for me...:heart:

@sushilicious @Lmangla Thanks for tagging. 

Well there are a lot of woman I want to mention here, but if it's about the female role that had the most impact, I have to come back to someone I already mentioned a few times in various contests.

Lee Bo-Young as Soo Jin from the drama "Mother".

fbaef38d4bf921029a049c339ac07fcf5f5543fev2_hq.jpg

Her transformation from an almost hermit kind of woman, who enjoyed her freedom and usual, non-exciting life to a full time mom, who becomes a criminal,  lives through so much terror, where not only the cops are her enemies, but instead the whole world, constantly living in hiding, lying to everyone, even her own family and pretend to be someone, makes her an excellent candidate for this contest. 

She does the right thing, her actions were all reasonable and the right thing, you cheer for her all the time. The way she becomes a caring, loving mother over night, having only one thought to protect her "new" daughter, is so unbelievably heartwarming.

Sigh, the more I talk about this drama, the more I realize it's probably my fav crime drama of all time. 

Honorable Mentions:

Kyung Soo Hin and Shi-Ho from Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

Spoiler

Fairy14-00671.jpg

Her whole story is about a girl who couldn't manage the pressure of success and how athletes have to sacrifice a lot in order to become successful. 

Hong Seo-Yong as Yoo-Na in "Liar and his Lover"

Spoiler

liar09-00255.jpg

The struggles of a fallen idol. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone 

@Lmangla... Thank you for tagging me . I want to participate in this thread 

Here is my List 

The Innocent Man

Seo Eungi/Moon Chae Won

The King 2 Hearts 

Kim Hang Ah / Ha Ji Won 

Song Mi-Kyung A word from a warm heart

Han Hye-Jin  Hold Me tight /Let’s hold hands tightly and watch the Sunset

Will come back and complete post 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I think you will need one soon chingu. For..... suggesting transgender Yona to woman event.... LOL.

* Oh Kang Son from Top Star Yoo Baek is so natural, careless & macho. I think in real life she could become my bestfriend! 

Dont worry friend , I find who would save us :joy:- watch and learn :mrgreen:

21BB2F55-35E4-4336-8BB0-770A7AB24D99.gif

68F939C3-9390-4C04-9256-537CB63E3ECE.gif

6148C2E7-9B99-4ED2-A4F2-FC052DB2E36E.gif

.. who would need a man , if she available :joy:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I also want to mention the wonderful four friends from the drama Avengers Social Club :thumbsup:

They inspire three women to fight and never give up! After all, together they are strong ...

70ee79727385a2970f4ed954012c82be.gif

tumblr_p36hb9aZQn1twieauo5_250.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Another Girl I like despite her not appearing in much major drama till now except 'Splash Splash Love' :) 

Kim Suel Gi, I really hope she get some good role soon :) missing her from the screen.....

love her because she brought life into her character :)

the first times i seen her was in 'Flower Boy' :D cant remember the full name :D 

Image result for Kim Seul-gi

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

of course....another girl that i see grown up and not to be left behind on such a good day :) 

GuiGui :) a girl i seen debuted when she was just 14 till now :) , i look at her as a strong girl who went after she wanted.....however she remain as she is just got stronger and always look on with things with a smile and a laugh when in actual fact she wanted to cry .....she had really grown up from a kid to what she is now

Du27iPFUwAA11So_zps6wmmyzx7.jpg

she fight for her dream....i was happy for her when she managed to actually release an album as her dream :) 

to me her best role is in 'Incisive Great Teacher' as Song WenWen, she wasnt the main focal however i love her here :) the best

Fotor081622453_zps1fb09668.png

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@Lmangla now let me give my less favourite woman character. 

Gong Ah Jung - Culture Ministry Employee - Lie to Me

The character is a bit crybaby for me. Her issue through the whole drama feels insignificant for me. She basically don't want to be defeated by her best friend,  that previously snatched her university crush. She just want a 'trophy husband' at all cost.

Its as bad as reached to the point of lying and claim the hotel heir as her husband. I basically dont like liar characters and furthermore it feels worse because of such an unimportant reason. 

To save her character a bit, at least she's a good employee, motivated and always have new ideas for cultural events. She also working hard to graduate from university and did passed the exam to be public officer. 

Coao4ZD.jpg

I tried hard to like her character to a no avail since its a very popular drama. Maybe my younger time will appreciate her more. But not now, as i just watched it in this year only. 

@phoenix24 @Heidi Seow @gm4queen gm you might bring your coffee house friend gal here muahaha... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

25 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I tried hard to like her character to a no avail since its a very popular drama. Maybe my younger time will appreciate her more. But not now, as i just watched it in this year only. 

kekekek... don't worry; there are lots of dramas and characters like that. people are like "woah!" and I am like "meh!" :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 6

On 3/7/2019 at 2:46 PM, Lmangla said:

tagging friends :

:blink:Ooi :blink:ooi Lmangla ! Sooo 'naughty' ah u ...wae~~ why u tag me?? :grimace:
*wink*

Spoiler

:tongue::tounge_xd:

rKk8VSK.jpg

:glasses:Ok ok... coming coming...pls move aside! 
itz a bird ...itz a plane... itz Su..Su.. Sunny Oh (lah) ...heeee:w00t:

t6GaLCE.jpg

"Special recommendation" by kocowa:
:tounge_wink:

VNYMj3H.jpg

:tounge_xd:yap i m supporting Kocowa's choice (coz i have got no other choice ) hahaha~~  ... o..kay... mmm...  She is super strong ..  juz like me.. heee... :grimace::glasses:

Ok ok chill ! Once again - happy Women's day/happy friday!! :blush:

(erhmmm ...ok signing out Soompi -- Lmangla don miss me ya? :tounge_wink: eh eh...kkkk... don .. dont ...vomit:sweatingbullets:)

• LOL 7