women in dramaland

Lmangla

march 8th is celebrated as women's day. so while we drool over the hot oppas and ajusshis in dramaland, shall we also take a look at the women in dramaland? is there a character that inspires you? maybe you learned something? maybe what not to do in some situations? these could be characters that you loved or hated, maybe they were even the villain!

so what to do: name the character and what it is that you found interesting about them. tag a friend and ask them about their faves/hated woman in dramaland. have fun! chat and discuss! (march 7-9)

here's mine!

mishil from queen seon deok

lady+mishil+%252813%2529.jpg

she is a villain but oh she was so much fun! while the men were having panic attacks around her, she was cool as a feather even when it seemed like she was losing. she would sit there calculate her next scheme and just raised an eyebrow and give out a fun zinger. she makes lots of ruthless decisions but what I loved was her focus on her goal. she didn't sit there and moan or whine about regrets. she owned the decisions she made good or bad and simply moved on. her leadership style was something to watch!

mi jung from five children

Five-Enough-OST-Part-3.jpg?fit=720,720

she is a divorcee with 3 kids when she meets our lead sang tae. instead of getting scared by a MRI scan, she hilariously falls asleep. when sang tae is shocked, she responds that there is no one to comfort her if she is afraid and so she might as well not be. while she struggles with letting him in after having been single for so long, she recognizes her mistake and learns to voice out her frustrations and fears. when placed in the unique position of basically having two mother-in-laws, she embraces the challenge. she sets healthy boundaries of what she can and cannot accept and welcomes the relatives of his first wife as she recognizes his kids love their grandparents. the two leads develop a joint team style to all the challenges they face in blending their family. while she has a no-nonsense approach, she was hilariously cheerful and feisty in a fun way! absolute delight to watch sang tae and mi jung fall in love and blend their families.

tagging friends : @sushilicious @triplem @stroppyse @Lawyerh @Ameera Ali @Super Gal99 @Sejabin @avondale16 @kokodus @Dhakra @rolisrntex @irilight @jadecloud @mdj101 @sava2sava @dramaninja @cenching @mouse007 @staygold @ktcjdrama @katakwasabi @Ldy Gmerm @UnniSarah @bebebisous33 @phikyl @youngatheart @angelangie @packmule3 @ebullient  @lclarakl @0ly40  @USAFarmgirl @flutterby06 @scarletheart2016 @CamelKnight  @zenya22 @larus   .......

Mi Jung from five children was good choice, for 3 children alone she needed a  Oscar prize for it :mrgreen: 

Wow a woman day, I must be drooling on TYH , I wake up not aware is woman day tomorrow , I got a long list of woman I admire , oops character :blush: In kdrama 

thanks for tagging me :wub:

I will come back :D

It has been a long time since I have participated in something. Here’s my take on some woman that sure had some impact on me. Let’s go!

HWANG JUNG EOM As Oh Ri Jin (Kill Me Heal Me)

giyLl84gdE2F6JfIHffTPf6_uoUhLuojmfjjrXmc

This girl have been through lots of pain that made her lose her own childhood memories. She is always a happy woman who would control those personalities that surfaced and her brother too :)  

Some little examples:

Spoiler

Diving into her past, Her father was never seen on this drama. Her mother is the wife of the wealthy family’s son. Due to the fact that she is not the wealthy son’s real child. She was subjected to abuse and kept in the cellar everyday. And it’s only after a chef and Shin Se Gi in the house that saved her from the depths of hell.She have a real fear for cellars because of it.

JUNG EUN CHAE As Kang Gil Young (Guest)

theguest0500011a.jpg

Growing up, she lost her mom. Her dad was never told. Her mom died an innocent death after entering a house that one faithful night. Her mother was hit with the bat. It has ruin her life. One thing is for certain, she have the attitude to seek justice even if it meant using violence. But beneath that strong character, you can see her pain and sadness. Like when she is eating noodles as she cries or when she sees her friends getting possessed. Loneliness can be felt in her too. As she drinks alone in her house.

These two are the most badass in my eyes. Despite having a terrible childhood,  they stood strong. And even have the capability to control men. Hehe

@Dhakra share some. Hehe.

@Lmangla Thank you for tagging me lol haha

The most fabulous woman character I have seen in dramaland and thought that I should become like her when I grow up is Byun Hye Young from Father is strange!!! Everything about her is admirable. She is the best in everything she does, be it in the work, or as the perfect unni who stands up for his sisters, or the daughter in law who had to put up with the most demanding and difficult MIL. She does all her role perfectly. I wish I had even an ounce of her attitude while dealing with people outside.

She might come off as arrogant most of the time because of her blunt and straightforward nature, but she is also the most caring one. Overall she is goals!!! Hahaha. 

tumblr_os86bqzuRe1qbmdgqo1_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_opuqovV1M31uq4zv4o2_250.gif

Ahhh how I wish I can find a better pic or gif that could describe her awesome character!!!! Sighh. 

Alright I'm grateful for @themarchionesswho made me watch this drama. I didn't think it was possible for me to watch a 50+ ep week-ender, but see me now, i keep watching 60+, 70+ ep dramas without batting an eye. Hahaha. Also tagging @stargazer187 @lynne22 who watched this show with me and made the experience memorable!!!! 

Jeon Seol from Chicago Typewriter

tumblr_oo4u2wE3u11qeysf2o3_500.gif

cr: tumblr

Jeon Seol is one of the strongest woman characters I have seen and liked in last few years. Without being too ott or having a revenge angle to it. She was simple, with the right amount of fangirling and rational mind (in spite of the mysterious nightmares/visions). Her character never lost its direction even after meeting the hero. Like in her past life (she was a freedom fighter) she remained a noble character in her present life too. In one series she was a vet, a muse, and a shooter --- all roles equally compelling and well written.

This series also had very beautiful dialogues and songs.

@Ameera Ali ~ one of my fav characters as well as as OTP. loved sang tae as a character and how he appreciated her strengths even if her ex saw her as a screaming banshee. hahahahha... sang tae is such an awesome guy! :wub:.. well we can have something for men's day which happens in november...

kekeke.. @sushilicious @staygold @kokodus  ~ is there a theme? we seem to like strong women! hahaha... so here's my nomination for a weepy woman who eventually becomes stronger after crying buckets for long episodes. hahahahha..

eun jae in temptation of wife.

fa11a2756b1258aa8406c458224c2da11ecc0b0f

this character stands out to me is because she made me realize the importance of makeup! :lol: if you are depressed, sad, bad mood whatever, put on your makeup and go out. makeup is armour! hahahah...

Ahhh for men's day, I'll be so conflicted....how can I choose from the gazillion of oppas I have. It's too difficult, I would rather not do it. LOL

Of course @Lmangla who doesn't love a strong and confident women? I always aspire to be one if I'm not one already. Hahahaha. 

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

this character stands out to me is because she made me realize the importance of makeup! :lol: if you are depressed, sad, bad mood whatever, put on your makeup and go out. makeup is armour! hahahah...

Armour! :lol: Or something you just do for yourself! 

tumblr_nvwwfcJbY81scm9d0o6_r2_400.gif

cr: http://kimwoobinseyebrows.tumblr.com/post/130791084828/hyeri-reply-1988-teaser

It is lot of effort to find women characters that truly stand out in kdramas cos majority are put in there for glorifying the hero. They start off with promise and then fizzle out. 

much as we love the strong independent women @Lawyerh, also love the cheerful dumb woman who is never going to win any prizes or scholarships. hahahahah.......

so here's my nomination:

hee jin from queen in hyun's man

qihm4.jpg

she is a struggling actress who does not have the smarts or talent to really push her way through but hey, she can recognize a star when she sees one. rather than question how on earth bung do has time jumped, she just has fun drooling. she just enjoys the moment and gets to know him. and when he disappears on her for periods of time, she just tries hard to read the history books and then scold him through there! even if she has trouble reading the old literature!!! :sweatingbullets:hahahah... but girl is still smart enough to figure out how to kiss him even if he was 22 inches taller than her -- easy, just step on his toes! a girl needs a kiss! :lol:

5c80d75665ccc775792708.gif?download

One of my favourite is Nam Ji Hyun In her character at suspicious partner , she played a trouble causing woman , who spoke her mind & find herself in the most unfortunate situation but face it with a positive attitude, keep her head high & be proud of who she is , and where she come from , even when everybody a doubtful her innocent . 

8633E029-1183-41C1-B9FE-C8675143927D.gif

@staygold , that made my day , nearly fall of my chair laughing, what a makeup :mrgreen:

@Lmangla That's one of my fav scene. Fav OTP too. I love how she takes advantage of him and teaches him weird stuff, and relates everything to kisses. Hahaha. But he is no stupid either, he is a total player too....

tumblr_m73yv5QkFx1r0cmh2o1_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_m73yv5QkFx1r0cmh2o2_250.gif

tumblr_m73yv5QkFx1r0cmh2o3_250.gif

tumblr_m73yv5QkFx1r0cmh2o4_250.gif

Hahaha. Yun seo from TYH is just a extension of Hee Jin. Very similar characters. Though I feel sorry for her that she has to keep acting in same kind of roles, God, is she not lovely in them???

Gifs cr to owner

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@Lmangla only can choose 1? :D 

kekeke...no. you can choose as many as you like..  basically ones that stood out to you for various reasons even if you hated them and thought "thats such a bad way to be!" :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, cenching said:

Lee Mi Sook in Money Flower.....I have a love-hate feeling about her....but man, isn't she amazing in some ways and horrible in another ways???

this actress is great at playing characters where you aren't sure what to think of them at all... besides her fabulous clothes (she has such a distinct style!), she brings such nuances to the characters she plays that they definitely stick out...

nominee for a conflicting character -- min ja young in let me introduce her

43052331_984739225060156_666349318018836

she is a chairman of a cosmetics company but her successful son turns out to be a violently abusive husband behind closed doors. her horror when she finds out is and her head spins as she wonders how she failed as a mother.. how does she protect everybody's interests including her daughter-in-law and granddaughter in a messed up situation like this? it was fascinating to watch...

14 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

this actress is great at playing characters where you aren't sure what to think of them at all... besides her fabulous clothes (she has such a distinct style!), she brings such nuances to the characters she plays that they definitely stick out...

nominee for a conflicting character -- min ja young in let me introduce her

she is a chairman of a cosmetics company but her successful son turns out to be a violently abusive husband behind closed doors. her horror when she finds out is and her head spins as she wonders how she failed as a mother.. how does she protect everybody's interests including her daughter-in-law and granddaughter in a messed up situation like this? it was fascinating to watch...

Lee Mi Sook in Wok of Love....JangHyuk's character long lost mother, a former beauty queen and Chaebol's wife but appeared in front of her gangster son like this:

2S7wY.jpg

She is really a great actress, she is gorgeous but doesn't mind to take a role that required to looks ugly....In MF, she was absolutely stunning in her glory, her fab wardrobes, immaculate makeup and hair and how the ways she carried herself. She was soooo bad as a woman in MF but yet I can't help but admire her a lot....What to say, I love a well-played villain....

25 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

The best of the best! Real woman. Ji Sung is my love ...
His An Ye Na is a real miracle. No one will say that this is not a woman and she has no place here.:P

This one would have place :mrgreen:

AA7912D0-356F-4398-A3E4-AB180147D081.jpg

C350CA1D-748C-497D-AC22-E8B736305B07.gif

D8F0A4BE-BFBE-4A8B-9601-C1956A8FDA9A.gif

She even have her own kick @triplem help with that :sweat_smile: - @Lawyerh would I be needing a lawyer soon :joy:

Archived