[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the show is finally done so I guess that is the good news. Though I still feel that the extra extensions were totally unnecessary and that a lot of it could have been wrapped up in fewer episodes.

Spoiler

For instance, Geum Hui falling sick was so out of the blue. Regardless a simple time skip would have been more than enough to show that she was doing well and what the others happened to do. In a sense that is what did happen by the end. The aunt getting pregnant was a nice surprise but like I said it would have been equally nice as a surprise by the end via the time skip. Though I did feel that Ungrateful Witch got a taste of Karma when she helped deliver the child and ended up getting her hair pulled like that. LoL that must be really painful. She must have gotten a bad headache after that yet she managed to help deliver the child. Call me impressed. Then on top of that she had to look after her whims and demands when the Aunt was pregnant. I feel that was a bit nice.

But other than that the last few episodes didn’t offer much plot wise. The donor almost left thanks to his mother yet he was prevented just in the nick of time. This wasn’t even shocking but to be expected. At best someone else from the second leads would suddenly turn out to be a match. Though it was nice of them to test themselves considering all that they did to her. But like I said it was unnecessary.

Though from all the people that seemed to have become better people Leech is almost the same. Still can’t live simply and always tries to find a way to escape. Ofcourse Swarmy is fully aware of all her tricks so manages to prevent her from doing so. Still atleast he seems happy. Funny thing is that I predicted that he should practice in some small town or become one of those Doctors without Borders. But I guess that later wouldn’t be practical on a Dailies Budget. Cheating Witch also left the country. They still did end up meeting by chance. Seems like they each are over each other but there may be a chance that the two of them may end up back with each other down the line. Her dad did promise him that his spot at the clinic will always be vacant and she did say that she was going abroad to study so that she could take over the clinic and improve it. If this continues they may end up working together again and perhaps rekindle their feelings for each other. (well he may develop them for real this time with her since she is a changed woman from last time) Though speaking of her why exactly did she return to Korea. She claimed that she needed some documents but what kind of documents could she need if she was studying abroad. She probably took the proper ones when she left. This was just the way for the writer to allow her to meet with Swarmy again. Other than that it also didn’t serve much. Though it was interesting to see that she isn’t wearing flashy clothes as before she seems to realize that those things aren’t important anymore.

Speaking of style changes it seems that Geum Hui also changed her style and not only that she also managed to ditch her ponytail that she had on for the entire show except when she was ill in bed at the hospital. I did feel like there was something else that was different with her looks I just can’t seem to place my fingers on it though.

The only good thing about the ending though was that after her marriage to Sang Won they are living on their own and not with his parents. So they ended up adopting another child and that to a baby. That was so sweet of them. Just glad that they decided to end the show at that point. For instance, if they wanted to give another extension to this show they could easily have his parents try and make a scene at them adopting another child. But I guess at some point if they want to make another season (won’t happen for Dailies) then we can be sure that we know where to expect the Birth Secret to pop up from.

Poor Geum Dong still hasn’t been married to his girlfriend while his sister is already married. Though now I wonder what happened to his mother’s shop. Did he manage to expand the business as he hoped or is it still just that shop. Again not that important.

In case of that matter while I do agree that the thing isn’t their fault I do still believe that they are responsible for their child if they end up giving birth to them. But it is understandable that they may not be willing to raise such a child as it may be equally traumatic for them since whenever they see their child they are reminded of said event in their life. In such a case if they are unable to raise their kid (some people still manage to do so but if some are unable to do so) then I feel that it is still their responsibility to ensure that their child manages to grow up in an environment without being affected by this.  So in such cases make sure that the place you give them for adoption are nice and has a good reputation. Such as they won’t abuse the children and ensure said children end up with a nice family and all. Remember just as it isn’t their parents fault for something bad happening like that to them the kids are equally innocent. It isn’t like they decide to make their mother pregnant to stress them out or out of spite etc..

Well anyway it was nice to real all your comments and while I don’t approve of the extension I am glad that the show is finally done. Now to finally move on to other things. so take care all of you and hope to see you in other threads..

On 10/27/2019 at 8:28 AM, chococarmela said:

What about r**e though? That's not their fault.

Of course, there is always an exception. Pregnancy resulting from a violent act such as rape is an exception. It is better to give up the child for adoption than the victim of rape and her family raising the child. It is also better for the child. There would always be a psychological trauma on the rape victim and the child would be a reminder of such violent act. The innocent child would also be subjected to emotional and psychological trauma in the event he/she is raised by them.

It is better for all concerned to start over with a clean slate.  

13 hours ago, 10192123sangre said:

Of course, there is always an exception. Pregnancy resulting from a violent act such as rape is an exception. It is better to give up the child for adoption than the victim of rape and her family raising the child. It is also better for the child. There would always be a psychological trauma on the rape victim and the child would be a reminder of such violent act. The innocent child would also be subjected to emotional and psychological trauma in the event he/she is raised by them.

It is better for all concerned to start over with a clean slate.  

Exception. What was the name of that drama about the two "brothers" & the girl raised together? The girl's mother  had been murdered & the boys' dad. One went to work for a politician & abandoned the girl. The other was in a motorcycle wreck. Awww, but the girl was r...  but kept the child. The girl became a big name in the Korean court. Anyway, maybe my memory of this drama's extension will go the way of the title of the drama I'm trying to think about. 

On 10/30/2019 at 6:21 AM, Takingthehighroad said:

Exception. What was the name of that drama about the two "brothers" & the girl raised together? The girl's mother  had been murdered & the boys' dad. One went to work for a politician & abandoned the girl. The other was in a motorcycle wreck. Awww, but the girl was r...  but kept the child. The girl became a big name in the Korean court. Anyway, maybe my memory of this drama's extension will go the way of the title of the drama I'm trying to think about. 

I think the title of that drama is "Endless Love" . This is an exception to the exception, since the girl kept the child who was a product of multiple rape ( she was raped by many men the goons [ prison guards if I recall right] of the politician).  She is a very strong woman and what happened to her did not make her loose hope. She raised her daughter and became someone of importance. It is good that she did not opt for putting up the child for adoption being strong as she is. 

Archived