Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

I think it would be perfect if the only match out of everyone tested turns out to be SW.  Its a huge slap in the face for JH who thinks he is captain savior. He will have to face the fact that he is old news and there will never be a future with GH. SW is her present and her future and he needs to go away and leave them alone. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I'm sorry everyone, but I think the extension of episodes really ruined the final run of this drama, and made it really not fun to watch for me. So, I haven't been watching any of it any more. I was actually having fun hating on JH, SM, and SM's mother, but now it's become an illness drama. Plus, GH not telling SW about her illness is just plain stupid, though I can appreciate how hard it can be to tell one's loved ones.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

GH terrified right now herself of even going to chemo she is really struggling with it so I can see why she does not have the courage to tell SW with she herself is have a really hard time. :(

It always baffles me that some think its really easy to tell someone you are sick calling them dumb or something.

I'm not denying this at all. The reason GH not telling SW the truth is stupid, though, is that everyone else seems to know the truth, other than the other person who actually should know. Everything that SW did showed how much he loves and cares for GH as well as YR, and GH has relied on SW to a great extent through her issues. And, now that they are an actual couple, now is when GH decides not to tell him anything, but just push him away? Frankly, I think if the cretin of an ex-husband knows, then one's current partner really should know a serious condition in one's life.

And, it's because it doesn't feel organic to the story that it becomes torturous and boring to watch. It's clearly filler to pad out the final episodes because they didn't have much story left. So, the drama decided to go with the illness trope and then will probably use that as a way to redeem SM's mother. Then again, who knows, perhaps the writer always intended to use a serious illness trope to try to redeem SM's mother. Btw, if that is what they are trying to do, then the donor match is probably going to be SM's mother rather than SW. That basically would tie SM's mother and GH together, with SM's mother becoming GH's savior rather than an antagonist.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted, but I think this is where I'm checking out. It was fun to share this long thread with everyone here. For those who are sticking with it, I hope that the ending is ultimately satisfying. Take care.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm sorry everyone, but I think the extension of episodes really ruined the final run of this drama, and made it really not fun to watch for me. So, I haven't been watching any of it any more. I was actually having fun hating on JH, SM, and SM's mother, but now it's become an illness drama. Plus, GH not telling SW about her illness is just plain stupid, though I can appreciate how hard it can be to tell one's loved ones.

I'm not denying this at all. The reason GH not telling SW the truth is stupid, though, is that everyone else seems to know the truth, other than the other person who actually should know. Everything that SW did showed how much he loves and cares for GH as well as YR, and GH has relied on SW to a great extent through her issues. And, now that they are an actual couple, now is when GH decides not to tell him anything, but just push him away? Frankly, I think if the cretin of an ex-husband knows, then one's current partner really should know a serious condition in one's life.

And, it's because it doesn't feel organic to the story that it becomes torturous and boring to watch. It's clearly filler to pad out the final episodes because they didn't have much story left. So, the drama decided to go with the illness trope and then will probably use that as a way to redeem SM's mother. Then again, who knows, perhaps the writer always intended to use a serious illness trope to try to redeem SM's mother. Btw, if that is what they are trying to do, then the donor match is probably going to be SM's mother rather than SW. That basically would tie SM's mother and GH together, with SM's mother becoming GH's savior rather than an antagonist.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted, but I think this is where I'm checking out. It was fun to share this long thread with everyone here. For those who are sticking with it, I hope that the ending is ultimately satisfying. Take care.

Yeah its really not fun at all to watch anymore I am just becoming more annoyed they way they handed this was stupid and a pointless thing to do.For some reason they think misery is all people want to see.Now its going back in circles again with SM and JH.

Not all these fools are bothering her yet again when she does not need it anymore.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I love my long running drama's especially the good ones with revenge plot lines.  However this one is getting on my very last nerve and the plot line is transparent.  The family has learnt nothing from the grief he went through over Bora and yet the father this time tells her not to tell him and give up.  I understand its his son but he complained about his wife's actions and yet it stemmed from the same issue.

Yet she wont think for herself or whats best for all of them, no its her disease therefore she will want to deal with it alone with her family support and keep him in the dark.  Like he aint going to be suspicious at this point.  He will blow a fuse at his family again thats for sure.

As for JH, i get irritated with any drama that has obsessive partners to the point of pyshcotic because there is a 90% chance at the end they will apologise and be forgiven in the very last 10 minutes of the show.......pfft.....time to look for a new drama it would seem..

• Like 6

Sigh I dont want to see GH sick and sad, or SW confused and sad. They had more then enough grief.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse  @dramaninja and others... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWqmAAZAsjUmmzMWNOoYU

Please hang in here we have already come so far.  It's not easy to watch suffering and this drama has given GH more than her share and SW too.  But I have to believe this writer wouldn't give us that much pain without some happiness to follow.  I did wish so bad that GH's Mother would have told SW for she knows her daughters heart and what it would mean to have SW there standing beside her.  Maybe it's just me and my being selfish but knowing what my daughter would be up against an enemy like no other.    All she has suffered in the past and how truly good she is.  Wouldn't any parent want happiness for their child even if it was just for a brief moment.  Giving her that hope and chance to be loved and having her own loving family around her supporting her in every way...

My other thoughts are that  SW's Mom and Sister were always cruel and heartless but today's episode watching SW's Dad not just telling her your chances are slim which dang who the heck does that to someone sick?  No he doesn't stop there he pushes her with  his own cruel words off the cliff into a sea of hopelessness.   In telling her the unthinkable give up on love, give up on being a Mother & family, give up on hope and happiness.  And while your at it give up on life...

Sometimes it's hard to believe that SW isn't adopted himself because it's pretty hard to understand how in this world he survived and came from people as evil as that family is.  Honestly there are way to many messed up people in this drama but I have to stay and hope the ending is worth all that we viewers have suffered watching GH suffering too!!! 

I would rather go down fighting and I'm hoping she does too!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

He is the most irresponsible arrogant person I ever saw.

He keeps divorcing wives and thinks he can return back whenever he wants. Really where does this confidence come from?

I think I know where his confidence lies. Anyway, there's an old farmer around these ways that can fix that "confidence" for him. I had an bull once that became a little full of himself - guess what? That old farmer fixed that bull right up. :D

I'm not watching the drama; just reading the forum. I'm crazy as it is and sure don't need anything to drive me over the edge. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Jimin with Sangwon :confused:

Oh -  what is happening?  Are my eyes lying?  Why?  Is Jimin the actor who is going to be YR after a time jump?  Just a coincidence?  Same timing , same set?  Looking forward to it.  

OK. Chingus......  Latest episode cliff hanger --- GH comes to the restaurant and wants to break up with SW.  He is perplexed as to why she wants to break up.

No preview for next episode yet which is usually at the end of the show.  May be they will upload it later.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, angelwingssf said:

Oh -  what is happening?  Are my eyes lying?  Why?  Is Jimin the actor who is going to be YR after a time jump?  Just a coincidence?  Same timing , same set?  Looking forward to it.  

Nooo usually actors from both dailies take selfies :mrgreen:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Major spoiler for the end

Spoiler

Looks like they're trying to cast a baby under 100 days old. Wonder if it's going to be GH-SW's kid or someone else?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cassandra E. Bett said:

Major spoiler for the end

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like they're trying to cast a baby under 100 days old. Wonder if it's going to be GH-SW's kid or someone else?

Definitely don't want it for SM.  I wish her life goes up in smoke after seeing what her father instructed GH today.  He needs the pain to actually know what is happening to GH.

If it for SW and GH - I hate it too since they are making her life so miserable.  SW wants to know why GH is breaking up in today's episode.  So, it would be better to make the journey more tolerable vs. giving a candy at the end.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Definitely don't want it for SM.  I wish her life goes up in smoke after seeing what her father instructed GH today.  He needs the pain to actually know what is happening to GH.

If it for SW and GH - I hate it too since they are making her life so miserable.  SW wants to know why GH is breaking up in today's episode.  So, it would be better to make the journey more tolerable vs. giving a candy at the end.  

Yeah pretty much everyone expected that still it the same tired stuff.

Hate the preview as well I hate shows that just love to make the leads miserable all the time very episode

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0043-01-436004,read,,120,797961

• Like 6

It is painful to watch our man being in the dark, feels like same scenario as when he was in the dark about his son... Also GH barring every worry on her shoulder alone... I am sure bringing mental pain on yourself is not good for your physical health as you are sick... I hope next week gonna be more hopeful and SW finally knows! He deserve to knows because it is sad if it gonna be like Bora situation. I can´t imagine how he gonna come out of loosing his second girlfriend that way not knowing what really was going on. He would feel like sh..t But in today episode GH mom seems puzzled by SW words as she realize that he do not knows. I think she gonna spill the tea to him :phew:  

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Almost everyone left the thread lol

I am still here what do I win???

Lol anyways SW going to be have to be the one to convince her to start chemo so someone is going to tell him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1