[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am curious how the family will take the news but maybe its just me,  but there doesnt seem to be enough karmic payback for their interference. I mean they interfered with Bora and now with GH, okay she got kicked out briefly but they aint exactly welcoming either.

Usually the villans get alot more payback for their trouble.

• I feel that one of the few good things that happened due to Geum Hui’s sickness is that Sang Mi has finally figured out that Geum Hui has no interest in her husband and this has finally allowed her to move on.

Spoiler

Someone mentioned how it would be weird if down the lane she gets back with Swarmy. If we are speaking realistically then I would probably agree with them. But this being a drama and all I wouldn’t be surprised. Though to be honest if we want to compare strange second leads getting back together I have to remind people of the drama Heavens Promise. I found that to be one of the most ridiculous endings of how the two second leads probably ended back together. Now that was totally illogical.

To be honest now I am just waiting for the bombshell to be dropped on Sang Won’s family that he and Geum Hui are now happily married. Though this makes me wonder just how easy is it to get married over there. Just grab the other person’s ID with you own and two witness to register your marriage. So what is to prevent some random stranger finding a person’s ID and think oh wait if I go and register my marriage to them that person will now be my wife/husband. What precautions does the law have against this? For instance, do the witness members need to be family from both sides or atleast from the other side. Clearly otherwise this would be considered marriage fraud and all. I remember watching a drama sometime back where the second female lead was married of like that by her family to some rich kid in the village because his father paid for her father’s surgery or something like that and this happened when she was out of town. This resulted in her running away from home and all. Never got to watching the full show because of numerous interruptions that I gave up on it. Though I did watch the final episode so I do know how it ended.

I think it would have been real funny if the mother found out in the following way.

Just after the Aunt reveals the fact Geum Hui is ill to the mother. the mother then tells her not to ever reveal this fact to Sang Won. But now instead of the Aunt revealing that Sang Won is already aware of this fact the mother receives a call from him.

Ungrateful Witch: Ah Sang Won when are you coming home. Also when will you bring Youreum here as well. We all miss you.

Sang Won : Mother I have something to tell you.

UW: What is it are you starting to sleep here. You should have done it yesterday. By the way where did you sleep yesterday I heard that you already sold your restaurant.

Sang Won : Mother I slept with Geum Hui yesterday and that’s where I will be sleeping from now on.

UW (Shocked nearly drops the phone) : What did you say again? I heard wrong didn’t i?

Sang Won (sighing): No mother you didn’t. but what I wanted to tell you is.

UW (Shrieking): How could you do this to us. What about your future. What if someone hears what you did. How can an unmarried man spend the night with such a woman? How will you ever get married then if such rumors spread.

Sang Won: Mother you don’t need to be concerned about such things anymore.

UW: No listen to me Sang Won if you care about Geum Hui then you won’t do such things for it will hurt her future as well. Why do you want to be with someone that doesn’t even love you and wants to break up with you?

Sang Won: That won’t happen anymore because we are married now. So I will protect my love and happiness now.

UW (Double Shocked): Wait you said what. You married who. Don’t you know you can’t joke about things like this.

Sang Won: This isn’t a joke I already registered my marriage this time. So Geum Hui can’t run away like last time also I know the truth. She is ill so she needs me her husband more than ever.

Ungrateful Witch now faints as the shock is too much for her.

Sang Won hears her fall down as well as her dropping the phone. So he shouts out mother but to no avail. The Aunt picks up the phone and asks what to do since his mother has just fainted. Sang Won simply informs her to quickly call the hospital while he contacts his dad to inform him of this new development.

Ungrateful Witch eventually wakes up to find herself in the hospital receiving an IV drip and all.

Doctor: Please you need to rest get back in bed.

UW: Where am i. oh wait dumb question it looks like I am in the hospital. (to the Doctor) do you have a white headband of power.

Doctor Confused: What?

UW (sighing): You know those white headbands that mothers or wifes wear when one of their family members disappoint them and the woman is going on strike.

Doctor: Ah no I don’t have one sorry. (thinking to himself) : Did this patient injure her head or something when she fainted. Should I recommend her to have a brain scan as well. From her file it looks like she can afford it.

UW: Really you don’t have one. Your mother never wore it in your house or your wife. You must have great kids then and you must be a great husband as well.

Doctor: While it is none of your business let me inform you that I was a model son and only child. My parents loved each other and never got into any arguments and as for my family well I am still single so no I don’t have that white headband of power as you call it and why does it have to be white why can’t it be red.

UW: Red why would it be red we are housewives and mothers not John Rambo. If we had his skills no one would ever mess with us not even our families. Anyway how long must I stay here. I need to go and speak some sense into my son etc..

Doctor: Sorry you aren’t going anywhere for a full whole week (the exact amount of time this drama needs to end. This way we can avoid seeing her till the final episode. Unfortunately, it would turn out that she is in the same hospital as Geum Hui so we wouldn’t have been that lucky)

UW: Noooooo! How can this be? (faints again)

Then again perhaps none of this is as amusing as it sounds in my head. But regardless of that has anyone noticed that it would take a week for the marriage to be registered meaning that his family will try their level best to get it cancelled if they were to find out. Atleast his mother would. The dad is somewhere in between. He isn’t always that easy to read unlike his mother. For instance, he seems to be embarrassed by what his wife does but he isn’t totally different from her. Instead he tries to emotionally take advantage of the other party than outright evil deeds. But the time that I felt he was a lot like his wife was when they were discussing Geum Hui and how she took care of Youreum for all this time. He thought it would be best to offer her compensation by paying her for doing her duty. Something what is wife would do. Otherwise he tries to play it smart and let the other side do all the work.

The bit about Swarmy informing Sang Won about Geum Hui’s condition I also don’t think that he did it out of the goodness of his heart. They say that a leopard can’t change its spot. That is mostly true unless you are a character in a drama especially a Korean drama. So as of now I don’t think that he has fully moved on from Geum Hui. It will probably be by the last few episodes that he will realize that if he wants the best for Geum Hui and for her to be happy will he truly give up. As of now I think that he is still holding onto hope that she will come to her senses and come back to him. Infact his statement to Sang Won about how he will she how their love turns out to be seems to be implying this as well. If he truly wanted her happiness he would have wished those two well a long time ago or even at the moment when he revealed said fact to Sang Won. Instead he said that. Thing is that he is fully aware of just how opposed his family is against him marrying Geum Hu and this was when she was well. If he were to apply that knowledge knowing that she is ill they would definitely be against him doing so now. This means that he has an idea of how many obstacles those two need to overcome and that it won’t be smooth sailing for those two and he hopes that those are enough for them to come to their senses and finally decide to breakup and at this point he may feel that he will get his chance once again with her. He needs to be fully disappointed before he wakes up himself.

Another thing that I found amusing was how Swarmy’s mother is cleaning dishes so that she can pay of the debt that he took to clear the amount where she got scammed. Glad to see that she isn’t leeching of Geum Ju and Seok Ho to clear it up. But my question is if that is all she does as a job just how long will it take her to pay of the entire debt. She probably needs to do a few more jobs and not quit them like she has done previously.

@nohamahamoud2002 What A Place Under The Sun is still going on. I had to drop it due to time and me missing a lot of episodes over there due to work and all. The last I saw was the Goof Troop were the last people to find out Mr. Sun’s identity. I thought that after that the show would have been wrapped up in a few more episodes. So I gave up on it. Perhaps at this point I just might watch the final episode when it comes out

Plan to take a small break from dailies after this show is done. While they are certainly lighter than the 100 episode shows which are mostly always full or revenge and what not. My mind needs to take a break from them for a time. So unfortunately I probably won’t be in for the next show. The trailer does seem funny but I doubt it is enough to convince me to join it. The only thing that I will say about the actress is that she probably won’t be chasing the female leads man in this once since she is the female lead now.

Anyway I am glad that this is the final week for this show. Hopefully we won’t get any more drama here. But we know that won’t be the case. Regardless it was good to hang out with all of you here. Had great discussions with all of you and hope to join you in some other thread. Was recommended A Beautiful Life, Wonderful Life by someone and I checked it out. Seems like a nice weekend show so I might head there. As of now I have been fast forwarding most of it to check it out. Another one is Vagabond. Any other recommendations? Regardless that will be all from my end for now. So take care all of you and keep posting as I will be looking forward to reading them.

20 hours ago, fragglerock said:

I am curious how the family will take the news but maybe its just me,  but there doesnt seem to be enough karmic payback for their interference. I mean they interfered with Bora and now with GH, okay she got kicked out briefly but they aint exactly welcoming either.

Usually the villans get alot more payback for their trouble.

I think all of the them are going to come out smelling like roses, It may not be right because of all the means things they done. But I think they will.

@nohamahamoud2002 I am still here :) Doubt that I will be going before the end at this point. Still I have no idea why do we need any kind of extension at this point. Everyone has accepted Geum Hui and Sang Won's relationship which was the biggest obstacle in the show. This means they either save her life or kill her of. Like I said killing of the main female lead is a bad idea and the writer is probably going to face an angry mob with their torches and pitchforks (wait will people still use those items instead of something more modern. AH well who cares what they bring). This means that she will probably live. So if this is the case a simply time skip will solve the problem with her being all well and all and living happily with Sang Won and Yeorim. The only downside to all of this is that she will have to live with his family but I guess this might be a good way for her to bond with her MiL. 

I guess that is what the shows remaining episodes will be about. We already saw how Ungrateful Witch treated Jun Ho the entire time that he was married to her daughter. But I doubt that will be such a good idea if she behaves like that to Geum Hui because the moment Sang Won discovers this fact he will have Geum Hui move out of that house and probably never return there. If the mother therefore has any sense she will change her ways. Regardless of that I probably don't think the viewers want to see that and a simple implication would be more than enough at this point. I know that such a change is probably unbelievable in real life but if we want to end this show it might work.

I did find the pictures of Sang Mi trying to look cute with her minion and her former MiL funny and yes she did look cute in those. Totally different from her character in this show. I guess so that people don't think of her negatively and try and think that is the real her in real life as well. I remember I watched her in Two Mothers (yes she went after a married man in that as well. Reasons were different so I wont bother about it) Then after the show was over I saw her in one of those reality shows where she was doing good deeds or something to that extent which I found amusing. 

Anyway take care all of you and keep posting. Just 4 more episodes to survive then on to new shows and what not. :) 

6 hours ago, fragglerock said:

IF she needs a bone marrow then let me guess who the compatible donor will be JH......lol...

It does not really matter this point everyone pretty much made up already. Also JH owes her big time for like a million things including her taking care of his sick dad

Archived