[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

10 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

For once, Joon Ho stopped being selfish and shameless and told Sang Won the truth. I liked the way he said that he will watched how their (Geum Hee and Sang Won) love will worked out to be. 

8 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

JH knows that GH might die any minute, so he gave up his selfishness for once, and at last his slow brains worked and he knew once and for all that GH doesn't care a bit about him :D 

I don't believe that JH realized that he was never going to get GH back. He still in my view felt that he was right and she would come back to him. He was unable to get her to fall for his mess so he left her angrily and went to SW.  What he hated most is that GH has no interest in ever going back to him. He could not understand that GH and SW are able to still love but let go if that is what is best for or what the other persons wants. As his brother told him just because that is not the way he thinks love is or should be does not mean it is not right.  His brother pointing out that it was really his pride and not him truly seeing he is wrong made him stomp off in a huff. JH's way to love is to be selfish , arrogant and egotistical and then make demands never listening to the other person. Even though he was told time and time again by GH that she does not want him or want him around her or in her life he never listened to her thinking she had to be joking or lying saying so because she is still angry at what happen when that was never the case.  He never let go of GH in his mind even though she let go and moved on. It finally hit him when GH told him point blank that she is not going back to him and his being around her is a burden on her. He truly thought that she was just going through the motions with SW and all he needed was time for her to come back to him but she told him even after this situation of her being ill she did not need or want him and  she would never go back to him. 

His words to SW about seeing how SW and GH love turns out was born out of spite and jealousy because he could not get what he wanted. I believe he fully expected things to turn out bad and that SW can't cut it beside an ill GH. JH will be shown once again the type of love that SW and GH have over the kind he had with GH and then with SM. 

4 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Actually I dont think GH is the reason he gave up, in a sense I dont think he has given up, I think he has conceeded a little and that is different.

His obsession made him think that she cant do with anyone but him, he is the only one that can ever help her.  She has been telling him otherwise but in his mind, if he didnt have his wife and if SW was out the way she will see and eventually come around.

Well the wife has now backed off, and SW didnt know, but she is bold facedly telling him she doesnt need him and wont need him.  I think its the other guy (sorry cant remember his name) that told him a few home truths, loving someone means making sacrifices, is what your doing actually love or is that it just wounds your pride.  I think that angered him and provoked him, made him question her again and her response was the same as SW.

Like she said she doesnt want him and never will, but if leaving him means him being happy then so be it.  He doesnt like it, in fact I think he hates it and resents it, but she is sick so I think he conceeded a little on the basis "lets see how they go, you watch it will fail as i said an then she will come back to me".    She will see what I mean......

His pride and ego got in the way, he was conned into a marriage he didnt want because of a baby.  Then couldnt get over the fact that he not only lost her but the fact she actually moved on away from him.

But the wife is to blame here as well, while i feel sorry for her right now, she has to go through this to realise you cant manipulate the hearts of people it will karmically come back at you.  Right now it has as well.

Exactly.. pride was what made him go to SW. It was never about what was best for GH it was more of spite to see if that type of love they have for one another would survive in this situation or after. He was still very selfish in my view and angry that he could not win and get GH or her parents to let him be close to her once again. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Exactly.. pride was what made him go to SW. It was never about what was best for GH it was more of spite to see if that type of love they have for one another would survive in this situation or after. He was still very selfish in my view and angry that he could not win and get GH or her parents to let him be close to her once again. 

Exactly and the preview also confirms it as well, he is still checking up, but he wont like what he see's as well.  She already changed her attitude, "It's time to be healthy for the both of you"  that is what love installs into you.

Transparent as this storyline part is, it was needed I think for Bora leaving issue..makes it fully all the way around, he is there for his son and helps out his new wife in a way he couldnt help Bora.  His family will snack back into line from this part as well is my guess.

But JH I hope will go through being very lonely soon, as his wife will divorce him and even if he says he doesnt deserve the love, its still just words.  He will really be selfish if he never has any guilt over that at all.   She was wrong but he also treated her appaulingly as well.

Then of course he will see GH happy with family all around her and new hubby everything he wanted but didnt get.   Tsk tsk your karma is coming.......lol

Today's episode was way better.

GH and SW being together and just accepting their future made me happy. I'm also glad that the age difference between SW and GH was never an issue in this show. She's three years older than SW and the little revelation about them sharing the same birthday made my heart fuzzy. Imagine joint SW-GH birthdays every year!

Oh yeah, I loved how SW's aunt found out about the Leukaemia and immediately called SW. She's so adorable and I love that she has his back.

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

This drama must be nearing the end. SW went and registered his and GH’s marriage with GH’s parents serving as witnesses. SW told GH that he rushed it because as it stood, SW isn’t able to be GH’s (medical) guardian/guarantor without it.

Also, JH and SM’s divorce has been finalized. Though in the preview, SM is the one to tell GH about her divorce, and GH mentions how SM seems to regret that a lot. This seems to be signaling that SM will have a miraculous personality makeover, and possibly reunite with JH? Though if that does happe, that would just be weird.

I dont mind characters feeling sorry for the actions but it should have been a build up to it.But atlas this is all to common in dramas lol. 

It would have been much more interested if SM felt bad for what she has done like in the middle of the drama and tried  to help GH in her own way.

8 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I dont mind characters feeling sorry for the actions but it should have been a build up to it.But atlas this is all to common in dramas lol. 

It would have been much more interested if SM felt bad for what she has done like in the middle of the drama and tried  to help GH in her own way.

no matter what, this drama is more logical than A place in the sun :D 

the other drama is too crazy now, I no longer watch it, just the previews and a few seconds from the clips on youtube

I don't see SM with JH. He doesn't love her at all. The other guy is more suitable

I hated the whole scene of the separation...its a downer. It's of my opinion that it needed to happen. Everyone noted that GH was so passionless about SW. I felt SW didn't do enough wooing for her to BE passionate about...especially since she already had the love of her life and we all saw how that panned out. Yet the angst of the separation the reason why she chose to separate and that scene of the two of them meeting in the hallway of the hospital combined shows the depth of each of their hearts for each other. It outshined their love for YR. It was necessary plotline for me to see that.

JH learned a few things too. He finally knows and has witnessed what love is really about. Forgiving and putting others first all while working through issues together. He was moved enough to apologize to SM.

SM was punished. The one thing she wanted more than anything, JH love devotion and attention was never available to her and never would be.  She learned that stealing something from someone doesn't mean that it now belongs to you, it still belongs to the other person and the value of it may not be the same once you possess it.

54 minutes ago, O said:

When is the doctor going to admit he made wrong diagnosis?  That GM does not have leukemia but has brain tumor.  That's why she has been extraordinarily stupid. 

In the preview I see SW 's dad talking on the phone with Dr. Park.  May be he is requesting that Dr. Park cause more illness to GH so that Sw would leave her.  What will SW dad do when he finds out about the marriage?  If people didn't butt in and cause havoc, we wouldn't have a drama.  

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

In the preview I see SW 's dad talking on the phone with Dr. Park.  May be he is requesting that Dr. Park cause more illness to GH so that Sw would leave her.  What will SW dad do when he finds out about the marriage?  If people didn't butt in and cause havoc, we wouldn't have a drama.  

Nahhh the dad is trash but he does not go out of his way to be trash and scheme like that.

What really makes me sick about him that he did not even bother to help GH in anyway.

9 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Nahhh the dad is trash but he does not go out of his way to be trash and scheme like that.

What really makes me sick about him that he did not even bother to help GH in anyway.

True, he did not help GH in anyway and made her feel like she would be better off giving YR away, like he is a toy.  But I think he might be hatching something up since his son would not be coming home like he wanted with his grandson, and instead staying with his girlfriend (since only GH parents know about their marriage registration).  

On 10/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

JH's way to love is to be selfish , arrogant and egotistical and then make demands never listening to the other person.

The very reason why he took Geum Hee and their marriage for granted for 13 years (?). He only cared about himself and never took into consideration the sacrifices that Geum Hee made before and during their marriage. He did not even take care of her in ways like boyfriend and girlfriend even though they were already married (they did not have children so they could have stayed and treated each other that way). So the moment temptation comes he feels the excitement and falls for it. Regrets are only served in the end. :scream:

Archived