[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

14 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

One would of thought that a bit more was involved in forgiveness and love meant abit more than to even put your partner through any of this in the firstplace, its rather spiteful espcially if you says your doing it in the name of love....

It is a play with the viewers emotions, since we are more easily affected by sorrow or angry at injustice.  The forgiveness part is considered moot since it does not bring emotions to the degree sorrow or injustice brings in.  So they contemplate that we would be angry or sad and write about it on sites which makes them happy since many people are contributing to their success.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol JH asking GH in the preview does she really love SW that much Well yeah fool you juts being ignoring it.

JH still dont get it at all GH keep telling him how much she loves SW but he does not listen. I love how GH told JH off like hat do you mean I dont love SW lol??? JH is such a fool.

27 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:
 from the actress Lee Young Eun Instagram :)   not sure who the girl is but the  actress wrote: 여름이오빠랑 공쥬  Yeoruma brother and princess?? not sure, but perhaps the girl is  the actress' real daughter ? 

Yeah that's her real life daughter Go Na Yeon with Song Min Jae. It was the last day of filming yesterday so she probably brought her to work.

41 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

from the actress Lee Young Eun Instagram :)   not sure who the girl is but the  actress wrote: 여름이오빠랑 공쥬  Yeoruma brother and princess?? not sure, but perhaps the girl is  the actress' real daughter ? 

Another one in her instagram.  Hubby and daughter???

6 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

It is a play with the viewers emotions, since we are more easily affected by sorrow or angry at injustice.  The forgiveness part is considered moot since it does not bring emotions to the degree sorrow or injustice brings in.  So they contemplate that we would be angry or sad and write about it on sites which makes them happy since many people are contributing to their success.  

True that and while I do understand the concept of forgiveness as well, it makes the writers think of the viewers as a joke really.  Well at least for me.  There was one drama where the family wanted her back with her ex husband criminal or not, he said he had change his ways, on the day of the wedding thou he got arrested.  Her reaction was great, she felt as thou her family had sold her off as she was a worthless daughter to the family especially to a criminal and that she didnt have a family.  So she took her son and left.

She felt guily going back to her lover after she left him because of her family.  But once he finds out you see him go through great lengths to calm her anger down and re-assure her along with her brother.  There are plot lines where they stick by each other.

I was watching an old drama yesterday after being abandoned for 20 years and being so angry can you really feel emotions and compassion for someone with the title "mother" when they dont acknowledge you, treat you like crap and still do evil deeds, but yet I am watching her really feel compassion for her mother not wanting to take her down.  I was like, i am missing something here.  I understand compassion as well but that again seemed too left of centre.

Lol this idiot JH really though GH did not love SW he such a moron.

SW put her happiness first he was not forceful he did not use YR as a tool to get her back he just accepted it.

Even SM accepted JH did not love her. But JH? nah he still cant imagine GH loves someone else and completely erased her love of him out of her heart.

So first of all I want to start by trying to point something out. Someone mentioned that Geum Hui might not be worthy of Sang Won and Youreum because she didn’t want them to see her during her Chemo treatment because that made her extremely superficial. While that may be true I disagree. Her statement is a matter of interpretation. Unfortunately, I don’t interpret it as that. From everything that we have seen of her character it is based more on concern and K-Drama Character logic. (more on that later). Regardless if I try to see things from her perspective I suspect it would be something like this. I am sick and suffering but I should suffer it on my own. My loved ones shouldn’t go through that because I don’t want to see them in pain because of me. Plus Youreum is already traumatized since he saw his bio mother die before him so I can’t let it happen to him twice etc. as for Sang Won he has done so much for me so the same rule applies to him as well. This is more in line with her character than being superficial. We have to remember something else. She didn’t even want her own family to know about her illness as well and they are much closer to her than Sang Won currently is. The only reason that they even found out now was because her mother overheard Swarmy’s conversation with her and Geum Ju recently found out about it through Swarmy’s BiL since Swarmy revealed this fact to him. Otherwise her family would also have remained in the dark. She probably intended to tell them the same thing. I am going on a vacation to clear my head for a few days while she would have been in the hospital for treatment and all or perhaps lied to the family that she was going abroad with Sang Won while she finished her treatment and all.

Another reason why I don’t think that she is superficial is based more on the way that she was when she was married to Swarmy. She never cared about how she looked. Infact to the extent that his mother tried to warn about him having an affair went on deaf ears. The mother told her to dress up better and try to make an effort in her looks and all. But Geum Hui was confident that he would never betray her and what not that she didn’t pay that any heed. If she was superficial she might have tried to look better or something especially if someone was offering her advice to do so.

Now on to the topic of K-Drama character logic. On paper or rather in their mind their thinking may seem to make sense but in reality it just doesn’t work like that. Let’s try a few that have already been brought up by @fragglerock . How about the one where the main lead has low self esteem so when someone from a richer background comes up to them and tell them to give up on their love because the rich person also loves the other male lead and can provide them with a better life the one who is offered said deal sometimes accepts the offering agreeing that might be better for the person that they love. Sure they try and fight for their love at times but it depends on the character. But the cases with illness really seem to take the cake.

Spoiler

They don’t want their loved ones or family to know about their illness so they make up fact to break up with the main lead is absurd. Someone pointed out that it may be hard for a person to reveal to someone else about their illness makes sense. Unfortunately, the reasoning that generally follows doesn’t. they want to break up for the other person own good. They feel to respect their feelings. Perhaps if the person was a child I might understand their thinking but this isn’t the case over here. Both people are reasonable adults who have the right to make up their own minds regarding the matter. If the person thinks that it is too much for them to handle they should tell the other person. This way the lead that has the illness is breaking their significant others heart not once but twice. The first time is when they are force to lie to them that they aren’t in love with them and some other random excuse ie I am returning back to my first husband so you move on as well. Then if the significant other ever discovers the truth they are heartbroken all over again. They lament on missed opportunities due to the misunderstanding and what not. How they should have spent more time with the person they loved and all. The person that is ill hopes that the other person can happily move on and get over them but this just doesn’t work like that.

I guess I can name alteast three dramas (including this one that has illness as absurd plot)

Dream High (Season 1) The female lead and her dad hate her teacher because they think that he had an affair with her mother and his wife respectively. The truth the mother/wife was ill and since she didn’t want her family to suffer asked a person that used to have crush on her (the teacher) for a favour. Which was to make it look like they were having an affair. Result the father hated the teacher only to suddenly become apologetic and thankful to the teacher when the truth was revealed. So let me see rather than let your family worry about you. You would rather they hate you and that would have continued if the misunderstanding hadn’t been cleared. Also they would have continued to blame and hate an innocent man (okay partial innocent)

Mysterious Personal Shopper Okay I will admit I don’t recall if someone pulled the fake illness card over there but they still went with a ridiculous plot so it should get points and be mentioned. The main female leads mother dies (her stepmother and the second female leads mother) so what do the characters do. Do they reveal this fact to the rest of the family? Nope. Instead she tells the rest of her family that her mother has gone on a visiting trip. She doesn’t tell them that the trip is permanent or that she is a better or happier place. She probably did that so that they wouldn’t get hurt by their mother’s loss and perhaps still hold out hope that they would get to see the mother/wife again but my question is how long can you hold this lie. Would the female lead then later on reveal to them that she died (this would make the whole point moot) or come up with perhaps another lie sometime later on that is that the mother fell in love with someone on her trip and decided to marry them and settle down over there. Absurd I tell you

Anyway back to this drama.

Swarmy is really getting on my nerves. Typically, like all second leads he simply isn’t getting the fact that Geum Hui is over him and wants nothing to do with him anymore. He can see how selfless both Sang Won and Geum Hui both are considering the others feelings rather their own but he still won’t do the right thing. Also as a doctor he should know that stressing out Geum Hui isn’t a good thing yet he is stressing her out everytime he shows up and begs her to take him back.

The only good thing that I can say about her illness is that atleast Swarmy and his wife are having regrets about their actions towards Geum Hui and thinking that they are responsible for them unlike their parents. Dr. Rock atleast has a bit of conscience regarding Geum Hui’s condition unlike his wife all that she cares about is having her son and grandson back.

Someone mentioned that the dads plan may have backfired since Sang Won will be leaving the country with Youreum. But I disagree with the assessment as well. Yes, in the short term that is quite likely but not in the long term. It isn’t like Sang Won is going to leave for good at some point he has to clear his mind and will return when he is supposedly over Geum Hui. When that happens he will probably return home. Just like what happened in the past with Bora. He was so mad at his mother for separating the two that he left for the States for X amount of years but when he finally returned to Korea he did return home. So I suspect that is what the dad expects so he might not make an issue (or atleast that much) when he hears this news. The same probably can’t be said for his wife. Perhaps she will be the one that lets it slip that Geum Hui is in the hospital by accident.

Though that is the big question how will Sang Won discover the truth. Who will give him the breaking news.

Dr. Girl is a good option. She might spot Geum Hui in the hospital alone and wonder what she is doing there. Once she finds out it remains to be seen what will happen for instance does she find out by asking Geum Hui if then Geum Hui might ask her to keep it a secret or does she find out by asking one of the staff and then inform Sang Won. What would she be doing in the hospital would be a good question. Perhaps she is looking for a new job or is to meet someone she knows (like Sang Won’s Dad who knew the doctor that was treating Geum Hui).

To be honest I won’t be surprised if it turns out that doctor used to be Sang Won’s instructor at medical school. So perhaps Sang Won can be visiting him when he discovers Geum Hui over there. Perhaps the doctor lets it slip of how he has a certain patient and describes them only for Sang Won to discover that he knows said patient. Perhaps when he is there he accidentally spots Geum Hui’s file and questions the doctor about them.

Swarmy or Cheating Witch decide to do the right thing and tell him about Geum Hui’s condition. Probably if that happens don’t expect that to happen till the final episode and at the last moment.

Regardless this drama seems to have lost some of its initial spark but is still bearable to watch. Sure I am mad at Geum Hui’s choice but since I have watched enough dramas I am a bit used to stunts like this being pulled. I don’t like when characters suddenly behave dumb like this but there is nothing that I can do about it.

Though this makes me want to write about some of my favourite/funny scenes about this show. Whenever I think about the current happenings over here I just go to those scenes and I would therefore like to hear what your moments were.

Spoiler

The first one would have to be the Money In The Envelope Scene. This is when Geum Hui’s mother offers said money to Cheating Witch to leave her SiL alone. The Witches response is like “Hey don’t you know who I am. Also shouldn’t this be done the other way around (since in the trope usually the rich MiL offers the money to main female lead to break up with their son) Geum Hui’s mother’s response is “Sure I know who you are but I still want you to break up with him and this is a lot of money for us.” Naturally Cheating Witch doesn’t break up with Swarmy and when her mother finds out she is mad that someone beat her to the punch. She still shows up a few episodes later with her own envelope full of money to Geum Hui with the same offer

The second one that I found funny was when Sora tells Swarmy that his brother is in love with Geum Ju or something to that extent and he accidentally goes how his MiL must have finally given Geum Ju permission to date his brother. By MiL he clearly meant his Ex MiL and Sora figure that out. She warns him to be careful not to make such a mistake. His response is like don’t worry I only make mistakes like this over here where I know it’s safe not back home unless you tattle on me. She is like don’t worry I am not that person. Then in exactly the next episode he makes the exact same mistake. Not only isn’t it at home but infront of his wife and his current MiL. Naturally the MiL is furious at this but goes on if I am not your MiL then just what do you take me for. And I am like you are just the mother of my mistress who I have married so I guess you can be my MiL but only if you stop shouting at me like that.

I guess I could also bring up moments with Leech. But to be honest almost all her actions are funny unless she is being totally shameless such as accepting Cheating Witches bribes etc.. so that is why I am not mentioning any of them. Hope the rest of you have equally funny moments that you are fond of.

Not sure what to expect for an ending at this point. This is atleast for the secondary characters.

Spoiler

For instance, we know that Leech needs to pay of her loans so that she can free her son from debt. This means that she shouldn’t remain as Geum Ju’s manager because this would mean that Geum Ju and Seok Ho are responsible in a manner of speaking of clearing of Swarmy’s debt. Seok Ho does have a point that he has a lot of debt and he is doing nothing to clear them up. So unless he wants to find himself on the street this needs to be resolved in a reasonable manner. What he does next is another story.

For instance, he can do two of the following things. decide to go practice somewhere far away like in the countryside or abroad like doctors without a border. Infact if people want him to end back with Cheating Witch we can have the following Scenario. He is out practicing in various countries.

This leads to Cheating Witches ending. She decides to somehow become a better person and all. So she decides to now take part in various charitable causes and what not. Perhaps she even decides to take on some of those international cases as well. During one of those trips abroad she comes across one of those injured kids who she rushes of to the nearest medical aid facility and who does she bump into there by chance. Why it is none other than Swarmy himself. He treats the kid and they start to catch up on old times. Oh wait they didn’t have anything to talk about since they probably didn’t have any happy moments unless when they were having an affair. They probably will try and find out what the other is upto. They will then discover that they both have change from back then but still have feelings for each other. So they end up becoming an item again. Since we can’t forget the poor injured kid lets have Cheating Witch adopt him/her. Naturally this will go against what her parents want but she won'’ care. Swarmy seeing that she is having a hard time volunteers to marry her so that she doesn’t have to go through it again.

As for her parents they probably have had enough of this drama (like us) so the dad decides to leave for the countryside perhaps to live out his retirement as a farmer (or opening a private practice over there) His current clinic he can hand it over to Dr. Girl that will make it a success. As for his wife she will try and live in the countryside with him for a while. But since she can’t get used to it will finally ask for that divorce and he will finally give it to her and get his own freedom as well. The mother can then live all alone in that large house of hers.

The Aunt and Uncle need their happily ever after as well but not sure what that can be. Perhaps they open a child care center and look after all those kids that come around. The aunt can read out books to them and stay double happy in this way since she likes reading and looking after kids.

Geum Dong needs to expand the family business and marry Sueon. So nothing needed to explain here.

Geum Ju is probably going to become famous. Infact I suspect that the audition that she thinks that she tanked is going to be revealed that isn’t the case and that she got selected. So by the time that she is done with that role she is going to become famous. Her problem is solved. So this means that she will finally marry Seok Ho and get her Happily Ever After as well.

Did I miss anyone if so do let me know? Probably I have gone too easy on some of the characters like letting Swarmy and Cheating Witch get back together. But this is usually how dramas find some dumb way of getting the second leads together again. If now we can have them totally separated never to meet each other. Even when they are in the same area we can have them do near misses (slow mo time)

Anyway I think that I have to go for now due to being busy at work and all but will look forward to reading your comments. Glad that this show is finally ending. Just need to be more patient.

SW finally sees GH at the hospital.  The preview looks good - with YR in the hospital and SW and him handing an envelope to GH -  marriage registration?  Family Visa?  or a house in Korea? or abroad.  

I only got to see the last few minutes of today's episode, and GH talk with JH was awesome.  JH challenges GH to reveal about her sickness to SW and she says she will go find him after she gets better.  That must have been such a let down to JH and he goes to the restaurant and tells SW about GH (not shown, but assumed).

1 minute ago, jacquelinetan said:

For once, Joon Ho stopped being an richard simmons and told Sang Won the truth. I liked the way he said that he will watched how their (Geum Hee and Sang Won) love will worked out to be. 

I SAID EARLY IT's redemption arc who begin, maybe also for SM next episode

2 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

For once, Joon Ho stopped being an richard simmons and told Sang Won the truth. I liked the way he said that he will watched how their (Geum Hee and Sang Won) love will worked out to be. 

JH knows that GH might die any minute, so he gave up his selfishness for once, and at last his slow brains worked and he knew once and for all that GH doesn't care a bit about him :D 

Actually I dont think GH is the reason he gave up, in a sense I dont think he has given up, I think he has conceeded a little and that is different.

His obsession made him think that she cant do with anyone but him, he is the only one that can ever help her.  She has been telling him otherwise but in his mind, if he didnt have his wife and if SW was out the way she will see and eventually come around.

Well the wife has now backed off, and SW didnt know, but she is bold facedly telling him she doesnt need him and wont need him.  I think its the other guy (sorry cant remember his name) that told him a few home truths, loving someone means making sacrifices, is what your doing actually love or is that it just wounds your pride.  I think that angered him and provoked him, made him question her again and her response was the same as SW.

Like she said she doesnt want him and never will, but if leaving him means him being happy then so be it.  He doesnt like it, in fact I think he hates it and resents it, but she is sick so I think he conceeded a little on the basis "lets see how they go, you watch it will fail as i said an then she will come back to me".    She will see what I mean......

His pride and ego got in the way, he was conned into a marriage he didnt want because of a baby.  Then couldnt get over the fact that he not only lost her but the fact she actually moved on away from him.

But the wife is to blame here as well, while i feel sorry for her right now, she has to go through this to realise you cant manipulate the hearts of people it will karmically come back at you.  Right now it has as well.

Archived