[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait what exactly is Doctor Patient Confidentiality and does it even exist in Korea. :DBut all jokes aside this never seems to be a factor in Korean Dramas and only seems to be applicable at certain points in drams such as to drag the plot on. A doctor won’t reveal said fact about a patient to a stranger (in this case when Cheating Witch had a miscarriage her doctor didn’t reveal it to Swarmy allowing her to continue on with her deception. Or someone will find out from the doctor and plan their next move etc)

Spoiler

But all joking aside after actually watching said episode I am probably going to give the doctor a pass for this one for revealing her condition to Swarmy since if I was in the same position I probably would have made the same mistake as well. I should point out that it wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact that Swarmy was a fellow doctor but rather the circumstances that he found Geum Hui in.

Let’s try and look at it from the doctor’s perspective. He suddenly finds his patient unconscious and he knows the reason. He probably was paged on her arrival (may not have been by name but if the ambulance reported her condition to the hospital then they would have informed him of a patient’s arrival). Anyway when he arrives he finds a stranger next to her. Even if he wasn’t informed that someone was with her at the time it would be safe to assume that he arrived with her otherwise how would a stranger know of her condition. Secondly the guy seemed really worried about his patient. If it was a random stranger, he would probably just casually ask if she was okay and if needed to sign any paperwork regarding her and be on his merry way. But Swarmy seemed to be genuinely worried and concerned about Geum Hui’s condition. He probably also noticed Swarmy’s wedding ring and must have further mistakenly assumed that he was probably her husband and that is why he inquired if he was her Guardian and when Swarmy lied and said that he was the doctor must have felt that it was safe to reveal her condition to him. After all, if a patient is unable to make a choice on their own then it is upto their guardians to do so. Such as when a patient is on life support it is upto his family to let him stay on it or remove it after a certain amount of time as passed and there is no change in their condition. Granted those are extreme circumstances and this wasn’t so perhaps he shouldn’t have revealed this fact to Swarmy.

I guess Geum Hui isn’t going to reveal her condition to Sang Won thanks to watching that patient being wheeled in at that last moment and doesn’t want her loved ones to see like that. Though to be honest I never seemed to figure out that logic in characters’ heads. They are going to suffer either way so just tell them the truth. Now we have to see what path Sang Won’s father will take. Will he tell her to break up with Sang Won or will he keep it a secret but what does he gain out of it.

People have asked if Cheating Witch were to get a divorce would she end up with her boy toy. Hard to see it happen. I know I might sound a bit shallow when I say this but he is really below her family standards and they would be really desperate if they ever approve of him. While I know that Geum Hui herself doesn’t come from a well of family she more than makes up for it due to her great personality where she would rather suffer than let her loved ones do so. She also has a great support of a family that are just as good and aren’t a bit greedy and what not. Unlike her minion who is more after money. He probably does think that she is pretty as well as a bonus but every time you see him he tries to get a free meal or money from the people that he knows. Atleast when it came to Swarmy her family could still accept him for all his flaws and all because he could atleast contribute something to their family and not totally leech of them. This made him semi respectable and sort of met their standards. Unfortunately for her minion he doesn’t even come close to Swarmy. He is like they guy you like but can never introduce to your parents/family for obvious reasons. It is also probably why she never bothered to bring him home etc.. He would have been kicked out the moment he stepped in. So unless he suddenly makes it big by hitting the jackpot or something like that and gets a decent job don’t expect those two to end up anytime soon.

As for Cheating Witch she can’t seem to give up on Swarmy for the same reason as to why she married him. People point out that she married him only because he was Geum Hui’s husband but that isn’t entirely the case. As I keep pointing out she was infatuated from him from the start and this was even before she knew who he was married to. She was trying to hit on him even before she knew that he was married. Granted the first few times wasn’t entirely her fault since she wasn’t aware that he was married since he never bothered to inform her since it was none of her business and due to also the fact that Swarmy was a bit dense and didn’t get her signals. This only increased her infatuation with him as well as knowing that he was married. This made him more of a challenge. The reason for her infatuation with him was simple. This was a girl/woman that grew up with everything that she wanted no matter what. A good example of this was back when she was in school she wanted a MP3 player that wasn’t even available in Korea. She simply asked her father to get it for her and he did so. No questions asked. So the dad didn’t even care whether that expensive MP3 player was for her or for someone else. She even learned a very valuable lesson that day which was that people were only interested in her because of her money. Her loyal lapdog perhaps further reinforced that theory onto her whenever he asked her for money to pay of his expenses and all. So what does she do when she suddenly comes across a person that doesn’t seem to be interested in her no matter how much she tries. She tries to flaunt her wealth and beauty but to no avail this only makes her want to get him even harder because he is unlike all the other men she has come across. Someone totally faithful to only his wife and can see no other woman. She wanted a man like that for herself. The only problem was that she couldn’t find any. Probably due to her witchy nature and all. On top of that even when she got Swarmy due to her tricks she eventually realized that she never got more than a shell. This was a person who would never leave his wife unless she got drastic. Such as she tried to lure him with a child but even that failed so she had to pretend to get an abortion and threaten him that the only way to prevent her from doing so is if he would ditch his wife and be with her. Once she lost said child she pretended that she still had it and then frame the Ex Wife for the loss so that he would still be forced to marry her etc.. She like her mother simply has the notion that they can never be wrong and that is one of their major mistakes. Unless they learn to embrace this fault of theirs they will never improve or become better persons. It is this very reason why they can’t seem to understand why people would gravitate towards someone like Geum Hui rather than themselves. According to Cheating Witch Geum Hui was like that even when they were young that she got sickened by her niceness. It was because it came so easily to Geum Hui but she herself had to pretend to be nice which was probably harder for her given her personality.

The problem with this is that it helps in the short run but when people actually start to get to know such a person it becomes harder to hide your true nature which eventually results in them wanting to go their separate ways. Something that Swarmy himself is realizing. Unfortunately for him he wants to return to the life that he had prior to his divorce where everything was great only to realize that his wife is already over him. He simply isn’t getting this unfortunately.

Problem is that I sometimes feel that Geum Hui isn’t giving him the proper signals which perhaps seem to give him false hope. For instance, in the last episode he followed her home from the hospital and she let him. She should have instead called the cops on him and reported him as someone stalking or harassing her. But considering the circumstances I probably should give her a pass. She was extremely tired from all the stress at that point that she probably didn’t have the strength to argue with him at that point so she let him do what he wanted to do. Not like she hasn’t told him a hundred times already that they are over and that she wants nothing to do with him. She probably needs to try and tell him in some different language like English or something. Perhaps he will then understand her since he can’t seem to get basic Korean.

Anyway have to go for now. So take care all of you. Being busy with work isn’t always so much fun when you have a lot on your mind. To be honest I am still hoping that we don’t get a major extension and am still holding out hope that we will be done by 122 episodes at the max instead of dragging it another 2 3 weeks. So keep posting all of you since I depend on your posts a lot.

6 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

An I am sick of JH in ever freaking scene now he thinks he can just watlz back as if he is a garbage person

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0043-01-436004,read,,119,797960

He is the most irresponsible arrogant person I ever saw.

He keeps divorcing wives and thinks he can return back whenever he wants. Really where does this confidence come from?

4 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

He keeps divorcing wives and thinks he can return back whenever he wants. Really where does this confidence come from?

I have no idea he thinks he is gods gift to women to or something when all he is doing is using her illness for his own gain

GH terrified right now herself of even going to chemo she is really struggling with it so I can see why she does not have the courage to tell SW with she herself is have a really hard time. :(

It always baffles me that some think its really easy to tell someone you are sick calling them dumb or something.

Total 129 episodes.  Jun Ho and Sang Mi divorced.  Sang Mi pregnant with Oh Dae Sung's child.  Sang Mi marries Dae Sung.  Jun Ho went back to TV.  Jun Ho forgives his mom. Geum Ju and Seok Ho, Geum Dong and Seo Hyun joint wedding.  Everyone test match of bone marrow.  No one matches.  Geum Hui's mom reveal Geum Hui's sickness to Sang Won.  Sang Won is a match and he kept his promise to protect her forever!  That's the ending I saw.

I think it would be perfect if the only match out of everyone tested turns out to be SW.  Its a huge slap in the face for JH who thinks he is captain savior. He will have to face the fact that he is old news and there will never be a future with GH. SW is her present and her future and he needs to go away and leave them alone. 

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm sorry everyone, but I think the extension of episodes really ruined the final run of this drama, and made it really not fun to watch for me. So, I haven't been watching any of it any more. I was actually having fun hating on JH, SM, and SM's mother, but now it's become an illness drama. Plus, GH not telling SW about her illness is just plain stupid, though I can appreciate how hard it can be to tell one's loved ones.

I'm not denying this at all. The reason GH not telling SW the truth is stupid, though, is that everyone else seems to know the truth, other than the other person who actually should know. Everything that SW did showed how much he loves and cares for GH as well as YR, and GH has relied on SW to a great extent through her issues. And, now that they are an actual couple, now is when GH decides not to tell him anything, but just push him away? Frankly, I think if the cretin of an ex-husband knows, then one's current partner really should know a serious condition in one's life.

And, it's because it doesn't feel organic to the story that it becomes torturous and boring to watch. It's clearly filler to pad out the final episodes because they didn't have much story left. So, the drama decided to go with the illness trope and then will probably use that as a way to redeem SM's mother. Then again, who knows, perhaps the writer always intended to use a serious illness trope to try to redeem SM's mother. Btw, if that is what they are trying to do, then the donor match is probably going to be SM's mother rather than SW. That basically would tie SM's mother and GH together, with SM's mother becoming GH's savior rather than an antagonist.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted, but I think this is where I'm checking out. It was fun to share this long thread with everyone here. For those who are sticking with it, I hope that the ending is ultimately satisfying. Take care.

Yeah its really not fun at all to watch anymore I am just becoming more annoyed they way they handed this was stupid and a pointless thing to do.For some reason they think misery is all people want to see.Now its going back in circles again with SM and JH.

Not all these fools are bothering her yet again when she does not need it anymore.

I love my long running drama's especially the good ones with revenge plot lines.  However this one is getting on my very last nerve and the plot line is transparent.  The family has learnt nothing from the grief he went through over Bora and yet the father this time tells her not to tell him and give up.  I understand its his son but he complained about his wife's actions and yet it stemmed from the same issue.

Yet she wont think for herself or whats best for all of them, no its her disease therefore she will want to deal with it alone with her family support and keep him in the dark.  Like he aint going to be suspicious at this point.  He will blow a fuse at his family again thats for sure.

As for JH, i get irritated with any drama that has obsessive partners to the point of pyshcotic because there is a 90% chance at the end they will apologise and be forgiven in the very last 10 minutes of the show.......pfft.....time to look for a new drama it would seem..

@stroppyse  @dramaninja and others... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWqmAAZAsjUmmzMWNOoYU

Please hang in here we have already come so far.  It's not easy to watch suffering and this drama has given GH more than her share and SW too.  But I have to believe this writer wouldn't give us that much pain without some happiness to follow.  I did wish so bad that GH's Mother would have told SW for she knows her daughters heart and what it would mean to have SW there standing beside her.  Maybe it's just me and my being selfish but knowing what my daughter would be up against an enemy like no other.    All she has suffered in the past and how truly good she is.  Wouldn't any parent want happiness for their child even if it was just for a brief moment.  Giving her that hope and chance to be loved and having her own loving family around her supporting her in every way...

My other thoughts are that  SW's Mom and Sister were always cruel and heartless but today's episode watching SW's Dad not just telling her your chances are slim which dang who the heck does that to someone sick?  No he doesn't stop there he pushes her with  his own cruel words off the cliff into a sea of hopelessness.   In telling her the unthinkable give up on love, give up on being a Mother & family, give up on hope and happiness.  And while your at it give up on life...

Sometimes it's hard to believe that SW isn't adopted himself because it's pretty hard to understand how in this world he survived and came from people as evil as that family is.  Honestly there are way to many messed up people in this drama but I have to stay and hope the ending is worth all that we viewers have suffered watching GH suffering too!!! 

I would rather go down fighting and I'm hoping she does too!!!

12 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think I know where his confidence lies. Anyway, there's an old farmer around these ways that can fix that "confidence" for him. I had an bull once that became a little full of himself - guess what? That old farmer fixed that bull right up. :D

I'm not watching the drama; just reading the forum. I'm crazy as it is and sure don't need anything to drive me over the edge. 

Archived