[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

But it is not usually a happy ending, in Sunny again tomorrow there was a divorce

Likewise, I think SM and JH will get divorced, JH has to leave the house  because we need SW and GH to get married, and they can't as long as JH is SM's husband. What irritates me is SM's mom, she will be forgiven and, the aunt's husband too. JH already lost GH, and with his stupidity and nonsense, he will lose the 1 % of respect and pity she may have had for him.

I don't why I am laughing at his silliness, he is too exaggerated really. Korean drama can make a situation too ridiculous and farcical that I find myself missing @Ameera Ali 's gifs :wub:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, howa said:

His sister with her simple sweet thinking she is way too smart then him or any of them, she is the only one who question things and read people face and says what is on her mind truthfully.

@howa I totally agree with you about SW’s aunt. She is way smarter than her brother. 

I am truly disgusted by JH. I wish he stays married that witch forever. He used to be semi decent but now he is a monster. HOW THE HELL CAN HE HIRE SOMEONE TO BULLY HIS EX WIFE JUST TO SCRE HER TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY?? He never once considered that she can actually get hurt in the process. I am just glad that GH wasn’t hurt at all. 

SW’s mom is disgusting, obsessed doctor is also disgusting, Sang- Mi asked her mom a good question but she let her mom brain wash her into keeping the SYR’s identity for life. I wonder how will they keep it a secret if they plan on raising him themselves. Or doesn’t make sense at all. 

Some people have pointed out that Geum Hui might have been a bit selfish and wouldn’t want Youreum to keep in touch with his biological dad and would thus listen to Swarmy and decide to leave the country with Youreum. I don’t fully agree with this assessment. If anything we have been shown of her character is that she is more than ready to sacrifice things when it comes to people that she cares and loves about. Thus under normal circumstances she might not have an issue with Yoreum meeting his bio dad. Infact what was her reaction when Jun Ho told her about the bio dad coming into the picture so she should leave town. She wanted to meet the guy first before she came to any decision. Not only that she was hoping that the guy was reasonable enough that they could may some sort of arrangement where she could still keep Youreum while he would probably have some sort of visitiation rights and all. The only reason that she couldn’t was because Swarmy then lied and told her that he was a bad person that was planning on getting Youreum back and intended to use him etc. Naturally as a mother she would want to protect her son from such a person.

Spoiler

Her witnessing said person outside her door is further going to reinforce her belief that Youreum is in better hands with her than with such a person. If she was a selfish person she would have packed her bags right away and gone into hiding since she probably can’t leave town currently with Yeorim. It is safe to say that he doesn’t have a passport to travel currently and it can probably only get made after he is officially adopted by her

Other examples of her selfless nature can be seen when she both married and divorced her husband. When she married him she put her entire life at hold. This included her education as well as putting a stop to all potential job opportunities because of this as well so that she could take care of her sick FiL and also allow Swarmy to continue with his own education so that atleast he could become successful. Granted a successful husband probably meant that she would have a comfortable life but she wouldn’t be the type to consider that.

Then when her husband cheated on her she could have instantly kicked him to the curb but she didn’t. She was willing to forgive him and not only that but after a bit of hesitation was even willing to take care of his mistress son. Later on when he told her that he couldn’t live with her because he prioritized his own bloodline over some random kid and therefore wanted to with his mistress. She again agreed to his terms and wished him well. The only thing that she requested from all of this was to let the adoption process go through so that she could adopt Youreum and to hold out till then. We all saw how that turned out didn’t we.

Not only this look at how her sister was in love with her former BiL she was more than willing to let them be together. Even if this meant that they would have to meet up with Swarmy and Cheating Witch at some point. An example would be the family dinner meeting/gathering where they might have to meet or some other events. In this case her sisters happiness means more to her than still being in some sort of relationship with Swarmy and his family. Granted it helps that she knows that her BiL is a decent type of person compared to Swarmy.

But this brings up the question how long will he and Geum Joo stay happy and all. Will there be another breakup between them? I get the feeling that might happen. The show keeps showing us just how happy they are as well as how they each profess that they love each other and will never break up etc I am therefore getting a bad vibe out of all this. Remember his family still has issues that they need to overcome sort of. Swarmy has committed a crime (probably he will never get charged for it unfortunately) but that will definitely put a strain on all the relationships here when it is discovered. Then on top of all this we have to remember his mother has just been conned out her money again. This means that someone has to pay it back. Well to be more precise she has also taken out a loan which needs to be paid back I doubt that he will let her suffer and wouldn’t want to place this burden on Geum Joo so he might find some excuse to break up with her till the problem is solved.

Regardless of this I am starting to wonder if this writer even keeps track of all that they have written. The dress that the former MiL wore and returned was an issue as was mentioned earlier then we might have some other thing brought up but forgotten as well. But if one looks closely they will find out more things don’t make much sense.

Another example that can be seen is when Sang Won went to that island to locate his son and he met that woman that became close to Bora. So when Bora died she decided to raise her child. (atleast that question was answered) but then came the part when her boyfriend decided to abandon Youreum. This where her own story started to contradict things. Yes, the writer managed to mess up in such a short while. Had things been brought up a few episodes later I could have given it a pass since my memory isn’t as great as it once was but this wasn’t the case here. Let’s look at what she claimed. After Bora passed away she decided to raise Youreum with her husband and then one day the husband took Youreum out but came back alone. She then mentioned that her husband claimed that he lost Yeoreum on said trip but she felt certain that her husband abandoned him and even prevented her from finding Youreum. Fine that is believable but when forced she even was kind enough to inform him that her husband abandoned Youreum infront of a specific orphanage. If she knew said fact she should have mentioned that first of all instead of telling how her husband probably lost him and her having doubts about this etc.. and also if her husband didn’t let her search for Yeorum how did she figure out where he was. Something just doesn’t add up here. Sure I probably could come up with an answer to that but I just don’t feel like it. I also doubt that anyone else is really interested in that so I will let it go for now.

Then we get Swarmy and him wanting to get rid of Geum Hui and Yeoreum. First he mentions that the bio dad is a terrible person etc.. then he also points that the father never abandoned the child in the first place but was totally unaware of his existence. So wait is the dad supposed to be suddenly caring enough that he wants his son even if he is terrible in other ways. ??? You know what maybe the biological mother had very good reason not to have the father mentioned. He probably beat her up a lot and that is why she decided to flee with her child so that he wouldn’t grow up with a father like that. Geum Hui should probably try and use that in her defense.

If the trailer from the next episode is true, then the writer made another mistake again. In one of the recent episodes we see that Swarmy has started to lock his phone so that other people can’t see what shady things that he has been upto but in the trailer we see Cheating Witch going through it and coming across the name Kim Tae Shik. How did she possibly crack his code? Has she busy these past few nights trying to break it and she has finally become successful. Yep that must be it. Perhaps Swarmy thought that after his FiL did that and how her mother made a scene she probably learnt her lesson and decided to respect his privacy.

You know what this is probably another reason why those two will end up with a divorce. There are two major issues here that will be the cause of it. Firstly, there is no love in this marriage. Atlesst they still share a bed for the time being unlike her parents. Secondly this is more important than the former. There is no trust between them. Swarmy is correct before they take the next step they certainly need to work on their trust Unfortunately that is never going to happen. She is always going to be suspicious of him and will always try to be in control and keep tabs on him or try to know what he is upto because she can’t trust him. He is probably going to get fed up with her because of this as well as the fact that he keeps on discovering just how low she and her mother can get. Eventually he to will have enough and realize that being in that house and family just isn’t worth it. He still won’t get a divorce so easily from her since she will fear that he will simply return to Geum Hui. (unless she is happily married) Perhaps Cheating Witch should try and help out her friend solve this problem. After all isn’t she busy matchmaking with Dr. Girl and trying to set her up with her brother. Might as well do the same with Geum Hui. Don’t think of this as something nice for your rival but as a favour to yourself since if Geum Hui is married then she can’t be with your husband even if he decides to divorce you down the line.

Cheating Witch also needs to stop being so sensitive after all everything isn’t about Geum Hui so stop making it so. True Swarmy needs to stop comparing her with his former wife but as far as I could tell he only did that once and that to when he was angry at her for missing his father’s death anniversary other than that his other comments didn’t have anything else to do with Geum Hui she just took it as such. For instance, when they went for clothe shopping he told her to pick whatever she liked since he never picked any previously and had others do it for him. Yes, one would probably assume that this meant that his Ex Wife shopped for him but it could also mean that since he had a terrible fashion sense he took advice from other people this could easily include people like his brother or fellow coworkers etc.. She chose to take it the wrong way. Then we had another incident when they were in bed and she asked him about whether or not they should bring Sang Won’s kid if he was already adopted etc. and he chose the latter. She flared up and tried to pin even this on Geum Hui. I really can’t see the connection here. Call me dumb or whatever. I know that she and her mother know that Geum Hui is the adopted mother and all but she doesn’t know that he knows as well so why bring up Geum Hui into this. It would have been another matter altogether if she knows that he knows as well then she could claim that he was defending Geum Hui but since this wasn’t the case her flare up was totally unreasonable. But when is this woman ever reasonable.

Finally we get Cheating Witch’s loyal lapdog, former Boy Toy etc.. he really should look for a new profession than remaining with her. Probably also stop being a player/ladies’ man as well. For instance, we know that Cheating Witch wasn’t the only one that could take care of his financial itch he was with a few other women as well. How in the world does he sweet talk all these other women is beyond me but so far he has atleast been with three different women (including Cheating Witch). He was seen one time with one of his ex-girlfriends asking her for money after treating her out to a meal when he spotted Geum Hui having a birthday meal with her husband and son. Another woman that we know that he has charmed of would have to be someone at the social worker office since he got intel of her regarding Youreum and Geum Hui’s current status on adoption etc. he also probably used his charm to get his hands on Yeoureums current info from that office and that is why Sang Won failed to get it. Regardless this guy seems to good at information gather most of the time unless he gets caught. As well as scamming people etc.. he should use these connections instead of harming people but to help them instead. He could probably open a Private Investigation Agency. Thus help people locate missing people, find out if their significant other is cheating on them get incriminating documents and other evidence for his clients. Not only that he would probably have a decent paying job because of this and would therefore not be dependent on the whims of his Ex-Girlfriend. Which by the way is eventually going to stop when she gets everything. Once her brother is married and they get custody of Yeoreum they won’t need to keep tabs on Geum Hui or Sang Won this means that his services won’t be needed. She might ask him to keep occasional tabs on her husband perhaps but once Swarmy discovers this he might be furious at her and demand a divorce from her. But other than that I see little to no reason why she would want to keep him around. So why is he still trying to milk her for money and goods.

The trailer for the next episode shows Sang Won catching him spying on him but the question now arises will Sang Won be smart enough to recognize him. As far as I can recall Sang Won only met him that one time so he probably won’t remember who he is or even if he does will the guy decide to stick around. He probably will manage to make his escape and if Sang Won confronts his sister why her guy was keeping tabs on him she might come up with some absurd excuse which he will probably believe till the time being. Speaking of the Loyal Dog does he already have a license for a motorcycle or is he riding it illegally. See these drama people don’t give us all the facts. Also if he had one does he keep all his licenses up to date if so where does he get the money to do so. Sigh drama and their rules can be a bit confusing.

Regardless I really don’t like him. Him being in a relationship with Cheating Witch isn’t that much of an issue. What really irks me about him is that he clearly knows what he is doing is wrong yet he continues to do so just so that he can get paid. He feels bad for Geum Hui yet he continues to spy on her or try his level best to make sure that she doesn’t get a child adopted or worse yet he is more than willing to ensure that a parent and child don’t get reunited. I was correct to add him to the Jerk Club and being its member

Then you have Sang Won’s mother whose plan makes little to no sense. She wants to bring in and raise her own grandson but at the same time she is preventing her son from doing just that. How will she suddenly produce his son magically wont he have questions how she could not only find his child when he couldn’t but also managed to get a DNA test as well. Won’t he suspect her involment in preventing him from finding his child so far. Will he at this point actually cut ties with her. Something she probably deserves. Also will her plan even work even if he got married to Dr. Girl will he allow his family to take Youreum from Geum Hui even if he is close to his own child. Won’t he agree to some sort of co-parenting agreement such as he gets to be with Youreum on the weekends while she gets him for the remaining days or something to that extent. Probably his wife won’t approve of this but she is being scammed into a marriage so she shouldn’t have all that much say in it.

Speaking of Dr. Girl, I wonder what her reaction is going to be when she discovers that his kid is Yeoreum. She is already against him being with Geum Hui this will really be an interesting reaction and we can be sure that she is probably going to discover this fact before Sang Won as usual. This is probably thanks to K-Drama Rule 101 but also if she is smart. Sang Won has just discovered that he has become a father and is busy searching for his son. It is bound to come out since she isn’t going to let the matter go why he is suddenly ignoring her and what not ie keeping his restaurant closed etc.. This will probably result in her questioning him and him informing her that he has a son. This might be shocking news to her at first (and he might think that this would be enough to discourage her) But once her shock will be over she will suddenly recall the conversation that she had with Cheating Witch a few episodes back and how she would react if she discovered that Sang Won might have a child. She will then realize that Cheating Witch was already aware of said fact and will then confront her about this matter and thus Cheating Witch will be forced to reveal the fact that it is Yeoreum and that if Dr. Girl wants to be with Sang Won it would mean that she has to join their side in covering up this fact otherwise she would really lose Sang Won to Geum Hui. Since Dr. Girl seems to be just as selfish as the Witches she may agree to their terms.

Well I think that this covers most of my points for the time being. So take care all of you and keep posting. 

PS @triplem is youtube also considered an illegal site. in this case I specifically mean their official KBS World chanel where a full episode of this drama is shown (generally a week behind though). if not perhaps you can add it in your approved list 

Preview  yeah all of this sis really dragging its the same stuff over and over,but his dad is helping him now it seems so I guess EP 100 is it.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0043-01-436004,read,,99,796985

EP 97

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/home-for-summer-e97.html

@lu09I have no idea lol

5 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

What a scumbag. The guy that JH hired is terrorizing both GH and YR. Wait until SW or his father in law finds out about this:crazy:.

Guess we will need subs for that lol. But it looks like it's an official paper. I guess she is no longer his foster mother.

4 minutes ago, lu09 said:

What a scumbag. The guy that JH hired is terrorizing both GH and YR. Wait until SW or his father in law finds out about this. 

JH such a piece of garbage she being though enough because of him but now he wants to terrorize her into leaving,this an abusive tactic scumbags uses to get their way.

4 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Preview  yeah all of this sis really dragging its the same stuff over and over,but his dad is helping him now it seems so I guess EP 100 is it.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0043-01-436004,read,,99,796985

EP 100 already, ouch, normally it will remain 20 episodes and not yet a kiss between our two leads ?? it's the first time that in such a drama it's as long, ok it's the story that wants it yet the second couples are already together

7 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

JH such a piece of garbage she being though enough because of him but now he wants to terrorize her into leaving,this an abusive tactic scumbags uses to get their way.

Tell me about it:rage:. I want GH to not forgive any of them for this. He is even stupid. How on earth can she take YR and leave when she hasn't been able to adopt YR legally and no thanks to him? 

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

What a scumbag. The guy that JH hired is terrorizing both GH and YR. Wait until SW or his father in law finds out about this:crazy:.

oh my God, can't he choose a better man, if he really wants to mess around?? 

YR is crying :( :( 

PS; @dramaninja I like your description "piece of garbage" :mrgreen:

So I have been catching up with this drama, the show was actually pretty good with SW finding out things pretty quickly and they didn't really drag out the secrets for too long, but this secret has been dragged out for too long. Also I understand that GH is worried but her suddenly listening and taking advice from JH is odd, I am surprised she hasn't even contacted SW once during all this drama.. 

Also thank you for all the updates.. 

I forgot to post about it cause I got busy but I saw the actors who play SW and GH filming a scene during a beautiful sunset a few days ago. Some stylists and film crew were also posting around the area on social media so perhaps we have a kiss or proper confession scene coming up in two weeks?

30 minutes ago, Cassandra E. Bett said:

I forgot to post about it cause I got busy but I saw the actors who play SW and GH filming a scene during a beautiful sunset a few days ago. Some stylists and film crew were also posting around the area on social media so perhaps we have a kiss or proper confession scene coming up in two weeks?

Nice do you have  a link?

Archived