Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해 - Mon-Fri @ 20:25 KST

I too sometimes wonder where are these so called character Mothers found?  Another planet?  The one thing a Mother should want more than anything is her child's well being and happiness.  It's not the things of this world that matter most, but the things that can't be bought and are taught that are forever placed within their heart... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

Lots of of stuff today ,YR and GH keeps calling him. You talking to your papa little one. :)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I too sometimes wonder where are these so called character Mothers found?  Another planet?  The one thing a Mother should want more than anything is her child's well being and happiness.  It's not the things of this world that matter most, but the things that can't be bought and are taught that are forever placed within their heart... 

We have a good mother: Gemhee :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

We have a good mother: Gemhee :)

True...  That's a fact!!!:heart:

Late add as to forgive the double post...

In memory of BoRa...  From what we know from SW and because of the kind of man he is that she loved.  I have no doubt that she was that kind of mother too!  After all she gave her son the greatest gift... Life.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Yeah GH mom and SW mom are going to be awful.

GH and SW got quite the battle ahead for  them and their son.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

SM stupid mom still trying to get in SW way I am so sick of this person. She really think she can hide is child from him when he already knows? I cannot wait for the dad to find out what she is doing. Also shame on his aunts, husband he is a moron.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0043-01-436004,read,,86,796400

SM Mother to Uncle: She had a child?
Uncle: That child is probably nephew Sang Won’s, don’t you think?
SW: Where is that child now?
Mother: We have to find that child before Sang Won, no matter what!
GJ to GH: I feel as if I’m going to die, Sister.
GH: Mom, couldn’t you just give your approval to the two of them?
JH Mother to SH: Since this happened anyway, just forget Geum Jo and try to do well with So Ra.
SR on phone: They really broke up?!
JH Mother: Try doing well with Seok Ho. (JH mother probably called SR to let her know that SH had broken up with GH and that it was her chance to get in with him. Ick.)
SW: Do you know a child who would have come here for the first time two years ago around August?
Woman: What is the child’s name?

I don't get SR. I mean, she now knows that SH had rejected her overtures because he liked GJ. So why would she think that now is the time to try to get SH when he's still hurting over GJ? JH's mother is just an idiot without much in the way of feelings, neither maternal or anything else, so it doesn't surprise me that she would do something so bone-headed as to try to force SH into another relationship as soon as he's had to break up with GJ. JH's mother is portrayed as being pretty stupid on a lot of levels, though she has some cunning about her when it's about getting what she wants. Plus, she lacks all morals, even going as far as to sell her son off for money, and yet still thinking that she's all that. I'm looking forward to her getting scammed out of her ill-gotten gains, even though that means that she'll be a burden on SH for all of her life. She may be JH's mother, but it's not as if JH is taking care of her or anything.

Text preview:
Sang Won searches everywhere for Bo Ra’s child, Gyeong Ae tells Soo Chul that he has to find the child before Sang Won.
Meanwhile, Myung Ja tells Seok Ho to try to do well with So Ra instead…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, Hannahloveskdramas said:

I BET YEORUMI IS SANGWON'S SON!!! BECAUSE WHEN BORA DIED YEORUMI PROBABLY WENT TO AN ADOPTION FACILITY!! AND GEUM HEE ADOPTED HIM! 

Welcome friend :)

Thats theory alot of had for awhile now its looking more and more true.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Why does SK's stepmom interfere in his life when he isn't her son? She was never a mother to anyone and now she suddenly remembers SK and JH

:confounded:

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Why does SK's stepmom interfere in his life when he isn't her son? She was never a mother to anyone and now she suddenly remembers SK and JH

:confounded:

Yeah leave of him alone I mean she did not try and break them up but still dont push them towards no one else.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

The aunt husband finally found his voice when he said "We are all on the same boat" it seemed that it had two meaning or it is that I over analyze things. GH is weird she is the one who asked SW to have a employee employer relationship yet the she is the one who asks a lot of personal question!!

I think it would be easier for SW to cut ties with his mother, SM and JH if he was asked to do because he already cut ties with his mother and as for JH and SM it would be no brainier, as for SH for him JH is his only family.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, howa said:

The aunt husband finally found his voice when he said "We are all on the same boat" it seemed that it had two meaning or it is that I over analyze things. GH is weird she is the one who asked SW to have a employee employer relationship yet the she is the one who asks a lot of personal question!!

I think it would be easier for SW to cut ties with his mother, SM and JH if he was asked to do because he already cut ties with his mother and as for JH and SM it would be no brainier, as for SH for him JH is his only family.

Lol GH can never last long with it comes to SW seems every time she wants to break something off they come back stronger.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I can't believe really why in Kdramas the mothers can be so mean as to go to the extent of forcing a girl knocked up by their son to  -

(1) have an abortion;

(2) give up the child for adoption (even if the kid is of their blood). You really cannot imagine the emotional turmoil that goes through a mother who loses their child by force; or the fact that the blood grandparents can give up the child for adoption to complete strangers;

(3) forcibly taking a child from the mistress to be raised by the legal wife or the family of the father (usually when they are awfully wealthy)

(4) abandoning the pregnant girl;

(5) offering money to the girl to disappear.

this also applies to the boy if he is poor though of course boys do not get pregnant and do not lose as much as a girl.

Back to 'Home for Summer' -

- I hope the mother of Sang Won does not find his and Bora's child first. And if it turns out to be Yeo Rum ( I recall that Yeo Rum's family name is Kim???) it's going to be another problem for Geum  Hee. Her adoption of Yeo Rum  will again be blocked since as of now she is just fostering Yeo Rum and the adoption is not yet final.

- The Aunt's husband must be very desperate because of his brothers' debt. He needs $100,000 (100,000,000 won) that s a lot of money. He should do something about his brothers' problem. He can't bail him out forever.

- With regards to Geum Hee and Sang Won's current relationship -

(a) employer-employee

(b) good friends

So I don't really see anything wrong with her asking how he is doing since in the first place Sang Won also did that to her when she was down. She is just trying to be of help.

- Someone pointed out that the couple who knew Bora seemed to be acting weird and suspicious.  There might be something there. What could it be? But if they were trying to hide the fact I see no logic to it when Bora is already dead.  The Uncle was able to learn that Bora was already dead through his connections. Not necessarily from the couple but from public records. But going into the death of Bora is another story for another time. We have very few episodes left with 4 different couples story lines.

- I hope the Father of Sang Won would be more proactive in the lives of his children. It seems it is only the mother who is monitoring their children (Sang Mi and Sang Won) and it is a disaster. He just accepts what is told  to him he does neither observant nor cares. I wonder what he saw in the mother when they were young,..... he even married her.  If he really divorces her maybe she will wake up. Sang Mi is very much like her mother.

- Are there really women in Korea who are clingy just like the character of Sang MI as well as in other Korean dramas? Do they have no self-esteem or pride? Why go after a man who obviously does not like you back? And worse still when you have been outright rejected and told to your face that he 'does not like you', 'not attracted to you', or 'love you'?

If you love a person you let him/her go. Or you court/woo the person until they fall in love with you. But not to forcefully throw yourself at them. That is so not nice.

-

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Food for thought:  Did Bo Ra really die, or did she abandon YR, change her looks, and figuratively die to have a new life on the island?  She was about to give SW a stymied answer when her husband interrupted her. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@10192123sangre Welcome to Kdrama mothers lol:sweat_smile::mrgreen:

Indeed, the women tend to lose more when it comes down to this and it's really sad. Some men take responsibility while others don't. But this also applies to women as well. 

Indeed, uncle needs to let his brother learn his lesson this time. Besides, I'm wondering how SM mom is planning to get that amount of money without her husband knowing? And poor aunt, she is gonna be devastated when she finds out about this:tears:.

YR current family name is SEO, not KIM chingu. I don't think SW mom can find him easily as long as the orphanage doesn't give out his personal information as they can get in trouble legally. And second of all, I'm wondering what she is planning to do when she finds the child. Since when did grandparents have a say in a child's adoption when the father is still living? Did she thought the adoption center won't investigate her claims and find out SM, her own daughter being the homewrecker ending YR previous adoption???? She absolutely has no brains:expressionless: and I'm gonna enjoy her getting busted lol... 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Sorry for my absence in this thread. I have been side tracked with the drama A Place Under The Sun. Finally starting to warm up to the main leads in that show. But since I already made a few posts there I felt like I should return back here.

Now on to the drama itself and my thougts regarding it.

In regards to Dr. Yoon and her feelings towards Sang Won really shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. If she wasn’t a supporting character, I would clearly classify her as a Second Female Lead Type 1. Yes, I probably need to modify my initial Tropes and the part regarding the Second Female Leads as I have come to realize that just classifying them as that isn’t fully accurate. So to break the types down I would describe each of them as follows Please note this isn’t an exact science so expect mistakes or room for improvements.

Spoiler

Type 1 These female leads generally share a similar background with the male leads and seem to know him for ages. They may be also coming from a rich background as the main lead and may even work in the same company or profession as the male lead. (this may vary as to whose parent/family runs the company) Since they know the male lead for ages they think that they are entitled to be with them (due to their crush) and always assume that if the female lead didn’t show up the male lead would have ended up with them. They do their best to break up the leads before they become an item or realize their feelings for each other. This may include asking the female lead to play matchmaker and help set them up and if not try to get rid of the female lead by framing her or something to that extent.

Examples of said Second Female Leads can be as follows.

1. Dr,. Yoon (from current Drama) 2. Hong Jumi from My Bittersweet Life. 3. Lee Yerin aka The Stick from A Tale Of Two Sisters/Sincerity Is The Way Of Heaven (A drama best forgotten). 4. Hyeri from You Are The Only One 5. Yu Seung Mi from Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance Bonus 2nd Female Lead From The Secret Of My Love

Type 2 : These female types are more of the Gold Digger variant. They to seem to share a similar background as the main lead but while in the former they both come from a well of family over here they both seem to share humble buildings. But at some point the second female lead has had enough of her life so she decides to dump her lover and move onto the next big catch who is generally from a rich family. To her shock and dismay it will turn out that the main lead is somehow related to her new family which will make her try and sabotage said relationships so that she doesn’t get caught and she can continue to live her new life.

Examples of Said Second Female Leads are as follows.

1. Senna From Love To The End 2. Yun Sae Wa From Smile Again (2010 version)/Smile Donghae 3. Shinae From Blow Breeze. 4. Cha Gyung Joo from Moon and Stars For You. 5. Shin Yu Kyung From Baker King Kim Tagoo. (though this can be seen in a different light as well) Bonus  Yang Dal Hee From Band Of Sisters.

Finally Type 3 :- Second Female Leads over here usually come from rich well off families but instead of falling in love with someone from their own social standings they tend to fall in love with someone from the lower class ie the common man, Basically the opposite of Type 1. At this point they want said person at all cost even if said person is already engaged to someone or even married or even in love with another person. They will do their best to get said male person. They may try and entice him with bribes (showing how wonderful their life could be if they leave the current woman that they have feelings for and choose them, better job opportunities) or they just might blackmail them or force them to choose them as they would be in a better position to help them out of some problem compared to the female lead.

Some examples of Type 3 are as follows.

1. Sang Mi From (Current Drama), 2. Sejin From Heavens Promise 3. Koo Hae Joo From Unknown Woman 4. Se-Keyung From Band Of Sisters.

Unfortunately, those all are coming to my mind in Type 3. But as one can see there are plenty more. If anyone wants to add anymore feel free to do so. But as I pointed out this isn’t an exact science so some may even be hard to classify and some of them may not nesserialy be evil etc.

Anyway now let’s get back to the real drama itself.

Spoiler

So Sang Won went to the island only to discover that Bora is dead. Is this really true. Frankly I have my doubts regarding this. The entire family that informed him of this fact were extremely suspicious.

First of let’s start with the woman that he first met. When he called out Bora’s name there was clear hesitation on her part something that isn’t normal. Think about it if a random person calls out a random name you just ignore said person and continue to do your business. There is no need to stop doing your work like it has surprised you like that. Then her reactions were equally suspicious. She claimed that she had no idea of who was in the picture. Basically a complete denial of Bora. The same could be said about her husband. Why deny knowing a person when said person is dead.

It could be argued that they were trying to protect Bora since she was supposedly close to the wife but protect her from what and who. She may have warned them that people would come and search for her and she was afraid of them as they might want to harm her. Makes sense but then you have to consider the fact that Bora is supposed to be dead. In that case they have nothing to protect her from as said people can’t hurt her so when Sang Won inquired about her they could have simply informed him that she was dead and where she was buried. Their actions only made them look more suspicious. Then after this when Sang Won returned to them the husband did his best to not let him meet his wife or even invite him inside his home. Why do that. This family clearly has something to hide but what. Perhaps they gave away his son for adoption. This does become a bit suspicious when he claimed that Bora was close to his wife and they were like sisters. In this case wouldn’t it make more sense that she would raise the child out of respect to the woman. Something is definitely of. Even the fact that she recognized him as Sang Won is a bit weird. How did she know who he was? He could have been a detective sent by the people that were hunting Bora. Though this bit might be explained by her seeing a picture of him that Bora had.

If this was real life, I probably would have ended it over there but this being a drama and we can come up with weird outlandish theories we can try out the following. That woman is actually Bora. Perhaps she wanted to see if he recognized her and naturally her husband wants to prevent this because he is afraid that she will leave him. He might actually have feelings for her at this point. Now the question is why does she look so different from the person in the picture. The answer is simple Bora decided to get Plastic Surgery and live a new life so that nobody could recognize or harm her ever again. To add bonus points to all this the doctor that performed said surgery on her will turn out to be none other than Cheater himself. This isn’t probably the case but rest assured that even if this woman turns out to be Bora she won’t come between the OTP because she is already married. Come to think of it we didn’t even get her name.

The uncle is really starting to disappoint me. Choosing to side with Sang Won’s mother when he knows what she did. This child is also is nephew or niece and yet he decides to hide this fact from his BiL I could give him a pass if he was secretly hoping to help out Sang Won. Such as discovering Bora’s location or her childs and then informing Sang Won about said fact instead of his mother. He needs money to help out his brother is him making a mistake. If he helps the brother out now the brother is going to repeat his mistakes. The brother seems to make these risky business ventures that tend to go bust and his brother has to bail him out each time. If this continues the uncle is going to find himself in trouble. Come to think of it didn’t he already lose his home because his brother had set it up as collateral. At best he could ask his BiL as a loan to help his brother out instead of his wife who he knows is upto no good regarding locating Bora and all. Does the uncle think that the MiL is searching for Bora out of the goodness of her heart and accept her back into the family? If he does, then he is an idiot. At this point I might be willing to forgive him. Other than that no chance.

I feel bad for Geum Hui’s sister. Hopefully they will work out their problems and get her mother’s approval to get together again. Jun Ho really ruined a lot of families due to his selfish choices.

If Dr. Yoon decides to not accept Sang Won because he is a Single Father then good luck because this means that is one less oppositions for the Main Leads to be together because Geum Hui is certainly not going to judge him for this fact.

As for the Blackmailer and Sang Mi ending up with his kid. I smell a recipe for disaster already brewing. He admitted to taking herbal medicine because he was feeling under and we know that Sang Mi wants another kid with Jun Ho so she herself is taking some. Now get those two drunk one night and the result might be an unintentional baby courtesy of the herbal medicine playing a part as well. She can then pretend that the child is Jun Ho’s to keep her hold on him.

Someone commented on Geum Hui’s terrible dress a few episodes back. To be honest I think that she has gotten better ones compared to what she was wearing in the start. Those beginning episodes made me think that she was wearing her grandmother’s dresses. She probably raided the wrong closet by accident. Regardless her current choices seem to be mostly better though I doubt that they are always work appropriate. By this I mean that while they may look good are they comfortable enough to work in. she sometimes even wears heels to the restaurant when she is working. I can understand if her job requires mostly sitting in one place for long periods of time then Heels might do or she has to go on site so she needs to look good. But at a restaurant she needs to be standing long hours both serving and cooking. In that case wouldn’t those heels start to become uncomfortable. Oh well if she thinks that they work and are comfortable then I am in no position to argue with her.

Her brother is still a loveable idiot who is trying too hard to win the girl. Sure the girl is going to be moved by his actions but at the same time she is going to feel burdened by his actions. Meaning she is going to have to move out of his place just so that she can pay him back. Yes, it is possible to pay someone elses debt. This then transfers that person’s debt to the person that paid it. Problem is that Geum Dong probably isn’t going to ask for that money till he gets caught. Problem here is that his mother is going to get the wrong idea if she finds out that he paid her debt. So if the girl doesn’t leave on her own you can be sure that the mother will kick her out in anger blaming her for using her sons feelings against him. When this isn’t the case at all. I do feel sort of bad for her.

Anyway that will be all from my end for now. Need to rush for the time being so will get back to my post later on. Till then take care all of you and keep posting.

• Like 7

@lu09  thank you for the correction regarding Yeo Rum's family name. So there is a possibility that Yeo Rum is not Sang Won's son. There may be other children at the orphanage who arrived at the same period or time as Yeo Rum. 

And also I hope the Adoption Center abides by the laws and rules and regulations regarding confidentiality of information on the children that are in the orphanage.

No more hilarious, unrealistic, situations please.

• Like 6

SW's love for YR is clear from the start. Their bonding started even before SW started to love GH. He found him in the bookstore when he was lost, he saved him from the car accident with strong parental instinct. He soothed him in the kindergarten when other kids nagged him and carried him( piggybacked him). Also he gave him love cookies. I think he is definitely his father. There is too much focus on SW/YR interaction to ignore :)

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

SW's love for YR is clear from the start. Their bonding started even before SW started to love GH. He found him in the bookstore when he was lost, he saved him from the car accident with strong parental instinct. He soothed him in the kindergarten when other kids nagged him and carried him( piggybacked him). Also he gave him love cookies. I think he is definitely his father. There is too much focus on SW/YR interaction to ignore :)

Yep dont forget he is the one that found him when he ran away from home he knew exactly where he would be.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3