[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

@USAFarmgirl welcome :) I met you in add and subtract. And I think in love till the end. I really hope you gain many points :) you are an older soompi member and many members know you. :)

I really thought that JH's feelings were lust too. For SM maybe she got provoked by JH initial resistance and then when she knew he is GH's husband she became more determined to have him.

Like you, I also said in a previous post that he took GH for granted and he is surprised that she no longer cares about him

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SG is a snob, selfish, self centered and she just does not get even when he has told her he never liked her and why that she is pushing herself on him. I can't believe she dared to say that Bora was not cute, and did not fit him being that she came from a poor background and was an orphan. I don't blame SW for telling her that Bora's status had nothing to do with why a person can give and get love. SG is totally delusional to think that just because she and SW may have come from the same economic environment that means they are compatible. That is just based on her need to be with him because she feels she matches him. She looked down on Bora and now she is doing it with GH. The main lesson that SG will have to learn is it does not matter if she matches him on paper she will never be with him because he will never love her and pretty soon he will hate her for her continued stubborn and disrespectful pursuit of him when he has constantly told her no way , no how will he ever like her.  The moment she pushed to still chase him she lost him and frankly I look forward to that hard fall she has coming due to her actions. 

It shows that its not love that she truly has for SG its obsession and entitlement because she feels they come from the same background. IF she truly loved SW she never would say what she said to him in the last episode about Bora or GH and she never would push aside his wants for her own. A true friend would either encourage him and be happy for him that he was able to open his heart again after the loss of Bora even if he does not return her feelings and has found love for someone else. Her obsession will end up ruining what little friendship she has with him and I bet he will distance himself from her after this talk but she will still try to seek help from his mother and GH in getting him. Her actions are all about making GH wake up to what she is feeling that is for sure. 

I don't think that GH is ready to hear his confession of his feelings yet. GH likes him I am sure of that but she will think its pity until something happens to show her the man is not pittying her but truly loves her and YR as his own. There will more problems until her parents find out who he is and I expect someone to spill it and its going to be someone from SM's family (her mother or SM) or JH out of jealousy. 

JH is making trouble for GH. Even his mother is a fool saying that JH was YR's father and should know that he is coming home. Because of JH GH lost YR.  He never wanted that child and did not care for him. I do not know where his mom got this deluded thought that he was a father to that child as she barely liked the child as well. Now JH is sending text in the middle of the night like he is cheating. All this will do is make SM mad. SM got mad once before and ruined the adoption because she did not want GH and YR to have a hold on JH when everything would have been cleared in 3 mos and GH would have divorced him now his texting on the sly and acting guilty will only make SM do something once again I bet. She will interfere again when she fails to get him to make a baby with her and sees he is too caught up in what GH is doing with YR. The one thing she does not want. This is not GH's fault but the blame will fall on GH who  has done nothing as SM is delusional and will not blame JH but blame GH. 

I feel like when GH finally admits she likes SW and everyone will see it is when JH will turn around and try to harm that adoption to try to hurt GH possibly. He will not like that GH finally admits feelings for SW and his jealousy will make him do something to harm GH's new life with YR which will further make sure he will never be able to gain any feelings of friendship from her later. For someone who lived with and was married to GH for 13 years he certainly learned nothing about GH's personality or respected her. All I saw was selfishness then and now after the divorce. If he and SM start messing in that adoption to hurt GH I hope their actions end up making SW and GH be push together finally to give YR a complete home.. 

I am hoping that Bora's friend is there to tell him all Bora went through that he knew nothing about. It will be interesting if that is the case and he learns of his mom's hand in things and if he learns she may have had his baby after she ran off. If that happens I wonder if we see him doing a search for the child leading him back to YR and GH. A great surprise in the end but bad if someone like SM, JH or his mom finds out first. Let's just hope that GH has got the adoption in place and finalized first if not then perhaps that marriage will have to happen to stop others from trying to get YR from GH. 

12 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

The key isn't in finding someone who you love but rather in finding someone who truly loves you even more...

Hello everyone I am new to this thread but not new to this drama.  I think for me Sang Mi fell in lust with Swarmy the moment he protected her like a knight on a white horse in that parking garage.  Not so much for who he was or even is, but rather what he did.  I agree with others that Sang Mi can't love anyone until she learns what love means and is. If that's possible?  I do however think that what she saw in Swarmy was also his confident nature and his rejection in honoring his wife at least at first.  I think she was impressed until she felt his rejection not once but many times.  Then it became a challenge.   It sounds old fashioned thinking and some won't agree but that saying behind every great man stands a woman.  My thoughts here, with an invisible arm holding him up often when he needs it most and a heart that loves him more than even herself.   I also believe the same goes for a great woman whom has a man holding her up too!   I think that this kind of love and caring allows a man or woman to be the best they can be and it shows in every part of their life because they are working together they have each others back. 

Until one forgets how precious that kind of love can be and is...

To me it's that love and comfort that GH gave to him freely for years that he foolishly took for granted.  Even now he still hasn't really realized what all  GH did for him or what she meant.  It wasn't just a mistake he made it was a BIG BIG BIG mistake and in truth he is simply learning that not only is the grass not greener on the other side like he thought but it's full of weeds and lies.  That when he stepped across that line and cheated he left the best part of himself behind.  All those memories and moments in his life and the very best grass( GH an amazing woman ) that others only hope & dream about having....

@USAFarmgirl Hi chingu long time no see. Just started wayching kdrama again. TOok a log break. I agree with you and so glad to see you in this thread. I have been lurking around here until someone said something that peaked my interest. LOL LOL 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:02 PM, dramaninja said:

So here is some of Bora story:

So   Bora was a nurse aid who was poor and grew up in a orphanage, they held a private wedding ceremony just the two of them. One day she just disappear one day er his mom went to see her.

The mom would never tell him what happen So I think she was indeed pregnant thats why this crappy mom would not tell him the details.

Also that was a fantastic transition into a confession ,after he told here the story of Bora:

He said but not long ago he met someone who made him feel the feelings he had with Bora. He never felt that way even once when Bora left,but when he met this women he started to feel that way again. He started to think he wanted to be with that woman the rest of his life.

He did say her name yet  so I am sure they get interrupted or something. But it was really sweet.

@dramaninja  Thank you for retelling Bora's story. I wonder how will they make the romance between Geum Hee and Sang Won work. Geum Hee is going to adopt Seo Yeo-Rum which will really be a BIG ISSUE FOR SW when he want to marry Geum Hee and that she is also divorced. smh smh  so many obstacle in their romance all ready before it began. 

I have a theory  My theory may be out of whack that is because I kind spkipped some episodes or forgot some important facts.    giphy.gif

Spoiler

I have a theory please listen. From Preview I see a woman recognized SW who came to check out his restaurant. I also agree she could be a friend of Bora. Now if Bora died and she was pregnant at the time maybe maybe Seo Yeo-Reum can be SW biological son so that SYR can be accepted in the family once SW and GH gets together. Lol :wub: :D :wub:

@UnniSarah welcome chingu :) this drama  is more cheerful, we should have called @jayakris here -_- 

I have been camping here some time ago.

At first I didn't like JH, so I didn't watch but when GH adopted YR and he called her mom, I decided to watch. Children are like a magnet to me in dailies, I watch for their sakes,  then I find more interesting things later. 

Here I was curious about GH's reaction when she learned about JH's cheating. Also I am looking forward for the interaction between GH and SW's aunt, I feel they will get along. GJ and SK are funny, they make me laugh a lot. Strange I find the actress playing JH's mom a real comedian, although she is supposed to be nasty but I can't hate her, I laugh a lot in her scenes too :)

I want to be optimistic so I say we know that JH doesn't care about YR, why does SM feel threatened when GH adopts YR? I hope she doesn't mess the adoption this time. Last time she did this to hasten the divorce. This time GH keeps rejecting JH, and he already doesn't care about YR  so the easiest thing for SM is to get pregnant soon even through her dude

@UnniSarah  & @nohamahamoud2002 :heart:Always thankful to be on the same thread as you my Chingu's  and read your words and thoughts. @dramaninja & @stroppyse and others are like family makes for great reading here.   I have always been a fan of daily dramas mainly because I don't mind the amount of episodes ever.  More episodes to me only mean more time in understanding the story and being able to see the actors fully express their characters. Not to mention having something to look forward to during the week.   This one opens our hearts and our eyes to so many things.  I love how this writer is showing the importance of adoption and also the struggles and fighting spirit of those whom can't have children of their own and what they endure.  I don't know about you all but to me there is no better poster child in showing that every child deserves to be loved and have a home.  Song Min-Jae is able to show us all what love can do through his character as Seo Yeo-Reum.  Just his beaming little face melts my heart and he doesn't have to say a word to make me pay attention....

Oh man that preview he look so angry and upset as he should be :(

보라가 임신했었다는 사실을 알게 된 상원(윤선우 분)은 경애(문희경 분)에게 분노하고, 수철(손종범 분)은 두 사람의 대화를 듣게 된다. 
한편 금희(이영은 분)는 평소와 다른 모습을 보이는 상원을 걱정하는데…

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0043-01-436004,read,,82,796304

This stupid woman rob her son of being with his child for 5 years he does not even know if they are alive or dead.

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

So SG cant like SW anymore right since he is a single father.

I am just going by her stupid logic

Yes.  Since she and SW would not be on the same level because he is a father to a child.  Also, did SW family know that he was married to her since he said that they married secretly.  

They are searching for Bora - or the uncle is looking for her.  Is she alive - I thought that she had passed away and hence YR was left at the orphanage.  

Enjoy seeing JH put in his place.  SM is getting angry with him.  JH asking SM to tell SW to come back from GH parents house was the highlight of today for me.  :mrgreen:  Karma catching up pretty soon.

27 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

They are searching for Bora - or the uncle is looking for her.  Is she alive - I thought that she had passed away and hence YR was left at the orphanage.  

I think it is early to guess but either way there is trouble. we don't need Bora to be a rival. As for the child I hoped it to be YR but without causing trouble to poor GH. But again kdrama is all about trouble -_-

I think that SW's search will lead him to YR as his child. I also believe that this entire scenario is designed for SW and GH to be together as a family with YR in the end. I believe I said this once before that SW will already love GH but to learn that YR is his son and GH has cared for him as her own will also resonate in his heart deeply. He loves her a lot now but finding out the child is his and knowing how much GH loves him as her own will make that love deeper for her. He wants to be stronger to protect his love then you can bet that he will stand up when the time is right to protect her and his son. . He knows what she went through to adopt the child and that even if YR was not of her blood  he watched her treat that child as if he was.  The greatest gift he will receive is to find his son safe and happy with GH as his mom. 

I am not worried about SW because he will not take YR away from GH but will want to be included in that family unit. This is why we really need the adoption to go through. The mother legally gave the child up for whatever reason she needed to do so not contacting the father. The adoption is protection for GH and YR because even though his mom is the reason why he lost his child in the first place she will not hesitate to try to take the child when she learns the boy is her grandchild.

One, its to hurt GH who she does not like even though GH has not done anything to her and she will want GH away from SW and taking YR will make her think it would happen.(remember, she thought that GH was using YR to keep JH before the divorce.) Second, she will want the child to try to lure SW back since he has broken ties to her. Third, its selfishness. She may not have wanted the child before he was born and never thought of him since but to see him and know he is the grandchild is a different story especially with SM never having any babies.

My guess is she will try to keep quiet as much as she can but her husband will eventually find out what she did and then he will blow up. The woman cut off their blood line with her evil behavior and I can see him not standing for it this time. I see her getting real close to a divorce this time around. I am not sure if it will go through but I can see him going to the courts and filing paper work for what she did. So I legally hope we get this adoption done before this bomb goes off. That way no one can take that child from GH. (On a side note I can also see the scenario of someone suggesting that they let JH and SM adopt YR  since he is blood and JH was once his father. Let's hope no one makes this crazy suggestion to SM and JH. It would never go through because SW would never allow it as his father.)

SG is going to get a big slap down from this with her attitude about being a match to SW. After what she said about Bora SW will treat her even more coldly and I can see her finding out that YR is his son and trying to use that information. She looks the type to want to be spiteful that she did not get what she wants when she thought she was so much better than Bora or GH. I can also see his mom trying to spurn this girl to be a stepmom as well. SG is not cut out to be a stepmom to a child not of her own blood. It ultimately will not work but there will be a bunch of crazy in the middle before we get the family of three together finally. 

Eventually GH will find out what is going on and I can see her being a pillar of support for SW just like he was for her. It will bring them closer and I can see her trying to help him locate his child. 

When GH mother called SW to invite him I was feeling bad because now he is getting so much love from her but once she finds out who he is she will give him hate twice the amount of love she gave him now. I just want her to know now and rip the bandaid off.

YR for sure will be the best match maker between his mother and his father, now it is SW turn to be cold to GH and distance, but for his uncle and his uncles brother to be involved in BoRa disappearing will be awful I guess if the aunt found out what her husband did will be enough punishment.

SG is now turning from being a lovable character into a hateful one. Why I feel like JH use to be a better dresser when he was married to GH compared to now, he is a shabby dresser like his older brother minus the glass, married to GH made him elegant while married to SM made him shabby.

Archived