[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dramaninja I am glad to hear that Geum Hui is finally going to leave the convenience store and finally work for Sang Won at his restaurant. But I should like to point out that we really shouldn’t be happy about this because this means the real hurdles for those two will also finally begin.

Sang Won’s relationship to Sang Mi is about to be exposed in the next few episodes and we can blame all this indirectly on Sang Won. Remember he is going to appear in a TV show that will film him and his restaurant. Meaning Geum Hui is going to be shown working there and we all know what this means. Sang Won’s mother is initially pretend that she has no interest in the show but we all know that secretly she is going to watch it at some point and she will spot and recognize Geum Hui. This will result her in marching over to said restaurant and giver Geum Hui a piece of her mind. Ie why are you chasing after my son, what is your agenda etc Naturally since Geum Hui’s mother works next door she is also going to find out about Sang Won and his family. Meaning she is going to be against her daughter working there and whatnot.

I also just remember someone inquired in an earlier post why Sang Won could be a bit touchy about the matter his friend brought up regarding Youreum’s adoption and wondered if that response was whether he himself was adopted or he had abandoned a child.

This is my take on his character (meaning this is purely assumption on my part). Let’s start with the matter of him being adopted. Probably not the case. We have seen that his mother wanted him to remain in the medical field and was against his first love because she didn’t come from a suitable background. Had he been adopted I doubt that would have been the case. She probably would have been angry at him for trying to betray the family and all but would have expected something like this since he didn’t share any of the family blood. She didn’t do that. She may be against his running of a restaurant yet she secretly went to attend his opening. She wouldn’t have done that if she wasn’t interested in him ie that he was her son. So in this case I don’t think that he was adopted.

Oh speaking of this suddenly reminds me where Homewreckers mother first saw Leech. Yep exactly outside Sang Won’s restaurant. Leech was hilarious and thought that she was her competition and was trying to steal Sang Won from her. Only to be embarrassed when she discovered that she was indeed his mother. So I guess I should probably take back the theory that Leech is married to Homewreckers mothers brother.

Now on to the matter of whether Sang Won may have abandoned a kid of his own. Knowing what we know of his nature I have a hard time believing that he would do something like that willingly. Not having a choice in the matter would be an entirely different thing. Some of you have mentioned that Bora might have been pregnant when she was last with him. His mother at this point may have given her money to not only get lost but also to get an abortion. If Bora took the money the mother probably never bothered to verify the fact if she got said abortion or not. In this case it is probable that Bora decided that she was better or raising the kid on her own rather than suffer the hassle of being with Sang Won and being part of his family. So it is very possible that she lied to him that she got an abortion and wants nothing to do with his family anymore before disappearing. In this sense one can say that he abandoned his child or that his girlfriend did. Since he doesn’t know the truth he could assume as much.

Someone mentioned that Sang Mi and her family might go for a big wedding and have their pictures pasted in the newspaper and thus everyone will find out about it and all. Probably the most embarrassing thing that can happen here is that Leech’s husband sees her picture in the paper and thus manages to track her down and try and blackmail her. So even if he doesn’t’ turn out related to Sang Mi and family we can tell that he wasn’t all that well off (probably not a professor or a highly paid one) so he is going to demand that Leech give him a share of what she has been enjoying all this time or else he goes public with their relationship. I guess this is another way that Karma is going to strike and the Second Leads and their families.

Anyway take care all of you. Now I am waiting for the next episode to show so that I can watch it. Will comment later then.

I am not worried about the obstacles because SW has a strong character. He reminds me of Hangyul in sunny again tomorrow. Don't worry. He won't give up easily. Also he loves YR very much and his attitude towards him is a good point in his favour. GH also knows how to fight now, because she was once hurt by JH, she will fight for YR's sake. It is going to be a good battle, so I am optimistic 

There is not much anyone can do about the suffering the main leads will end up having to endure unfortunately for them its their lot for now. GH and SW's friendship is going to cause problems because there are barely any rational and reasonable people around them who will not make a scene, because these two people know one another and work together. First, The good thing about this is we get all secrets out first (i.e. SW being SM's brother) that way we have no secrets popping up to embarrass anyone. Secondly, GH and SW will have to deal with the crazy from both sides anyway. Given that everything is innocent between them there is not much issue for them to continue on with their life regardless of what his family or hers thinks. Now that does not mean that his mother will not come there to make a scene because she will when she finds out GH is working there. Her thought process will always be that someone is trying to stick to her son and she forgets that her daughter stole that woman's husband and she should be very thankful GH is not going around blasting SM's reputation for what she did. It will not sink in to her that GH and SW knew one another before they found out that SM was rolling around with GH's husband. The woman's mind is twisted so I do not expect anything good to come from her when she learns SW and GH know one another and are working together. 

I can see SW's mother harassing GH so much that her mother who is next door comes over and they then get into it. One of the things that irritates me the most about those type of people is the constantly forget that GH is someone's precious daughter as well and she has no right even as an elderly to berate or physically put their hands on them. His mother is someone's elder but she is not GH's.  Of course GH will try to give the woman respect , but we all know the woman will only be more infuriated at GH's niceness instead of walking away and leaving this woman alone. With the divorce not final her actions could cause problems for SM and I am sure at some point someone may point it out to her. Even if she makes 1 scene first I expect her to be told to hold it in until after the divorce then they can go and mess with GH.  

Once the divorce is done then I expect to see a lot more unloading from his mother , smirks and jealousy from SM and snide remarks from JH. The sad part is GH is not bothering them and is working and living her life but these people will not be able to swallow not bothering her in some way day by day. All it shows is they are twisted inside but there is a certain amount of anger and resentment that they are unable to squish GH under their shoe and she continues to stand up and live her life moving forward. I especially see this from SM who knows in her heart she made the wrong choice but because she has resentment from the past for GH she will especially want to see GH fall and cry over the loss of JH. Not seeing this will only make her feel unresolved that she did not best GH in the end.  Her mother will only think of her daughter and listen to her crazy words of blame towards GH who has nothing to do with anything. 

It is going to be very irritating to see GH and SW have to endure those tedious people but unfortunately all of this will temper the both of them to become stronger in the end. 

I am going to watch Sm mom crush that heap JH mom tomorrow because that will be fun, and then I am dropping this drama as tiresome and a bit repetitive. Maybe one day Lee Chaeyoung will be the perky heroine! Or an interesting anti heroine. But I don’t like how weak her character has become. She should either fight harder like she did in Two Mother’s  or get lost. What she is like now, is wishy-washy, and it is boring. No point watching for her if I’m not enjoying seeing her.

I really like this drama but I can't find it subtitled on youtube anywhere, perhaps because up to episode 39 it says "the uploader has not made it available in your country" (US).  i can loosely understand it on ondemandkorea but there are no subtitles (if sub is available pls let me know!) where has everyone been watching if you watch with subs?

I don't want SM to lose the baby since we all know the baby is not JH , i want to see  his face when he finds out that the baby that he abandoned  his 13 years marriage and happiness is not his  let him feel the betrayal. SW and GH will have a lot of obstacle to over come once they fall in love not only his parents  hers but also  Doctor friend  it seems like she is in love with him forever and as the rule of K-drama she thinks her one sided love is great and feels  entitled to SW she will plot with SM to break them apart , at some point in the drama SW EX will come in to the picture and it will be   the revelation of YR's parents identity. if YR is really SW son it will be a good punishment for SW mother and father what they have done to their own grandson.  it will be the last straw  for SW to cut ties with his family. for now i wish time jump to 3 month let us get over the divorce the drama already passed his half mark. in the mean time    I Hope their cooking show will be a success,  

Look at this idiot getting more jealous and controlling do get it though you head she is done with you. Saying "You are my wife" Like who does he think he is really? you have no place to say that at this point.

Teacher SW and student GH at work!

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

It's good to know that she is with her stupid mom instead of GH when that car nearly hits her:thumbsup::expressionless:

@dramaninja This idiot:crazy:, What, I'm your husband.....:expressionless:. You were until you cheated on her and have a child on the way with your mistress. And how dare he grab her like that:crazy:? And did he asked her in the preview if she likes SW?? No words to say, no words:expressionless:.....

I'm glad SW is teaching her :).

Archived