[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

I tried to understand the preview 

한편 재국(이한위 분)은 하루 동안 여름이(송민재 분)를 봐주기로 하는데

it means GH's father Jaekuk  decide to look after YR (or support him)

봐주기로 is a verb  

보아주다

look after; support 

Source 

naver dictionary 

기로 하다 means decide to

I am trying to learn Korean a little  :D but still in the beginning 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GH's dad prolly understands that YR is not at fault for this situation and he has said he would do whatever GH wants. He knows she loves that child. Her mom looks like she is nuts and continues to run around yelping her mouth trying to control this grown woman's life. I am very happy that GH warned her off but as we can see she still goes and does what she wants causing emotional harm to a child. 

GH's mom makes me think she is trying to punish everyone for the fact that her daughter got divorced instead of standing by her daughter and supporting her decisions. She may not have to like what has happened in GH's life with the end of her marriage but it gives her no right to go and make choices for her. Anyone can see how much GH loves that boy and considers him her own. Now because of all the issues going on the child will run away to remove GH from being hurt over fighting for him. How scary is that for a child to make that decision? I really hope that its a contract marriage or something with SW. Although I like GH's dad I am not sure how things would go with her mother if he made a decision to take care of that child given she just tried to send the boy back to the orphanage. 

I really hope that YR turns out to be SW's for no other reason than for him to be so very grateful that he was able to find that child and that he was there to see how much GH loved that boy and fought to keep him. I am interested to see which way the writer will go with this. Will they have SW decide to be with GH to keep YR or will they let her father or parents take care of YR so she is not known as an unwed mother?

I have said it before JH is a very selfish man. He feels that since he has his own flesh and blood coming and never liked YR or wanted that adoption he can't spare a moment to help GH who was there for him for 13 years. I really have a feeling that the child SM has will either turn up to not be his or will turn out she miscarries and she will have problems having more children putting her in the same spot as GH once was. It will be exactly what he gets to have the same thing repeat itself. He could not give GH the respect to help her with the adoption and ran off to be with Sang Mi as fast as possible. HE will look back later I have no doubt and will want to run back to her. His type always does. 

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Now because of all the issues going on the child will run away to remove GH from being hurt over fighting for him. How scary is that for a child to make that decision? I

this is not the first time YR escapes. in the first episodes, he escaped after the foster parents rejected him :( he was found at the police station :( I really love the child actor very much. he is so talented

unfortunately in my country people give so much attention to having their own offspring too. The idea of adoption is not common in my country, so I somehow understand how JH is thinking, when he is so much stuck to keeping his own child (supposedly). But I really dislike him very very much. If he didn't want YR, why did he agree to adopt him in the first place? He could have spoken out and saved the child this trauma. This is so unfair. Also he deserves to be punished, by bringing up SM's child and then discover it is not his after all, through a DNA test as usual, where we will discover that he is the blackmailer's son.

In my opinion, taking care of an orphan is a very kind thing, and the gentle loving GH is very suitable for that role. She has a very kind heart and I have high hopes that she will be introduced soon to SW's aunt who will most probably be a very kind aunt to YR. I see the three of them (GH, YR and the aunt) getting along very well, as the poor aunt herself doesn't have children

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It's a good attempt. The line of preview that you translated actually reads:

Meanwhile, Jae Guk tries to look after Yeo Rum all day.

And, since you say you're learning Korean, a more literal word translation: Meanwhile, Jae Guk, one day during,  Yeo Rum looks after. If you have any questions about this or any of the words, let me know.

thank you sooo much, Yes I almost got it right :) . Now I can read  simple sentences only but still listening is very difficult. The drama is very good. We really miss you :) 

21 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I haven't started watching this drama yet, but Yeo Rum is just stealing and breaking my heart all over the place. Such a cute kid. The story line here seems totally makjang, so not sure that I'm ready to jump into another daily which will provide ridiculous twists and have a kumbaya ending no matter how awful the second leads are, but I do want YR to be happy. :)

you will like it. It is very touching. I am not interested in the evil characters, so I just focus on YR, GH, SW and the aunt. Also the secondary OTP are fine. GH's brother is very very good and her father too. The rest of the characters are just insignificant anymore and I won't bother to have my blood pressure go high from their  provocative actions

@stroppyse  it is nice to see you here , I myself was away from daily dramas but this one caught my attention. Hope you will stick around 

i don't have a word to say to GH mother  who needs an enemy when you have a mother like her. 

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

@stroppyseThanks alot!

Wow JH is an awful person kids are not something you can just return like a freaking shirt. He does not deserve to be a father  ever.

JH will end up getting that type of punishment I believe. When it happens he will want to turn back to GH and think he can come back and disrupt her life after he is dealt some heavy blows. I look forward to that moment greatly. He was very selfish and self centered and did not consider GH or give her any respect towards the end of their marriage. Its going to be interesting to see him try to come back to her and think he has a chance to weasel back into her life. I really hope she ends up married to SW soon. 

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I really hope she ends up married to SW soon. 

I don't think it is easy for her to get married again quickly, she needs some time. If she marries him to keep YR, she will still have reservations. So I think their romance will develop slowly. Also she still remembers that he is SM's brother.

really, I just wonder, what is the difference of having one's own child, and bringing up YR? I mean YR is a very innocent, loving boy. He is very obedient, and doesn't give hard time to anyone. How can this cruel JH not love him? I don't get it. :( Even the stupid bad mom of GH is worse than JH. She treated him as her grandson for a while, and is now ready to give him back to the orphanage just because her daughter is getting a divorce. A child is a child, no matter if he is a biological son or not :angry:

45 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

really, I just wonder, what is the difference of having one's own child, and bringing up YR? I mean YR is a very innocent, loving boy. He is very obedient, and doesn't give hard time to anyone. How can this cruel JH not love him? I don't get it. :( Even the stupid bad mom of GH is worse than JH. She treated him as her grandson for a while, and is now ready to give him back to the orphanage just because her daughter is getting a divorce. A child is a child, no matter if he is a biological son or not :angry:

Unfortunately, there are lots of people out there who are like that. The want their own flesh & blood, not someone else's to raise. At the end of the day, GH's mom does not see YR as her grandson. Her daughter did not give birth to him. That is why she's like that. :anguished:

But we all know that there is so many out there that gave birth to children, but are horrible parents. Just because one gives birth to them, does not make them great parents. I forgot what drama I was watching, but the female lead was adopted. She was raised by a loving and warm family who doted and loved her totally. They did not think of her as someone's child. She was their child in their eyes even though they also had their own children. Her own siblings thought of her as their own, and not an adopted sister. Later in life she happen to meet her birth mom. She wasn't gung-ho or enthusiastic about it. She told her family, that's she glad to have met her so that she has an inkling as to how she looks like, but she's not her mom. She gave birth to her, but she's not her mom. Her mom is the one sitting in the room right now that stayed up all night when she was sick with a fever to take care of her, went to all her soccer games even when she was tired from work, cried along with her when watching sad movies, screamed with her at concerts. Her mom opened up her heart to love her unconditionally. That's who her mom is. Not the one who gave birth to her. When I heard that dialogue, I started tearing up. Drats, I need to go remember what the heck was the drama. GH is going to be someone like that for YR. He will be loved by her. And, he will be loved by SW as well when they finally get together. YR will have very loving parents. We are lucky in society that there many selfless people out there than there are selfish.

Mama needs to go back to bed. Running around & flapping her lips is making the situation much, much harder for GH. That actress has played a character like this many times before; she has a way with pronunciation & smirking that drives me up a wall. I'm going to have to tie a rag around my head just to watch/hear her. 

I've always hated the word "orphan" or "wards of the state." It's like putting a child in a niche for their entire "growing" years. Only as an adult are you truly mature enough to handle that label. And though I know they use this in the majority of dramas, it's time to deal with it differently.

I didn't think Swarmy could get any swarmier but....what an a** (notice I've gone from butt to a**). :)

Archived