[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

14 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think the writer will be merciful towards YR. There will be some way out for sure. I think GH might agree to marry SW to keep YR. I am optimistic

Yeah something big will have to break her way soon too many peoepl arr pilling on her with only SW really at her side and her siblings. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GuimHui said:

In all of the promotional photos for this series that include YR, he is always with JH or sitting in JH's lap. Tbh, I think the bio father is actually JH. The bio mother was probably SW's ex. Sang Mi wasn't the first time he cheated on Guem Hui- first time was probably a one night stand or something  

After you mentioned this I started to think of the worst, what if he adopted YR and after SM loses the child SM will fear he will go back to GH so she will demand that for YR to come and live with them since JH is legally his dad.

I'm glad that GH will demand her legal rights from JH after the divorce, she thought about YR and she is entitled to everything she is asking for since she is the one who made him into the accomplished man he is today, without her he wouldn't be where he is today.

Today I wanted so badly to break the neck of that jobless dud and strangle GH mother for intervening in GH life. if GH mother laid in her bed and tied her head I wouldn't complain like I did when GD told her he did not pass the exam and she just did that.

Yes finally my net and KBS World is back. This makes me so happy. It also allows me to finally catch up with this show and introduce me to another one as well though since I saw that from episode 18 things are a bit confusing and will probably need help in understanding a few things. Meaning hopefully if I get the time I will be joining you in that thread as well. (A Place Under The Sun)

Spoiler

But enough of that let’s get into this drama and all that I have missed so far. First of all, I want to point out that I hate siding with the second leads ever because of their actions even if I can understand the motivation behind them and all but there are still times that I feel that some of the criticism against them is a bit unfair. In this case I am referring to the fact that people pointed out that it was so sweet of Youreum to remember Gemhui’s birthday especially considering the fact that he was adopted but on the other hand her husband of 13 years forgot all about it. But here is the reason why I feel this bit may be slightly unfair to him.

We have to look at his circumstances before we can fully judge him for forgetting. The guy literally had a lot on his mind at that time. First of all he had to think about the divorce that he was supposed to go through on top of that he was also probably concerned about the welfare of his unborn child that Homewrecker was carrying not to mention lack of sleep. For instance, when it comes to the later he was previously sleeping in his study. When I heard that I assumed that he was either sleeping on a couch over there or that he had taken a mattress and blanket to sleep there. Instead we are shown that he was sleeping on his chair at his desk. Now that is quite good for short Power Naps but not on a long term basis something that he was doing till Gemhui finally allowed him to move back to their bedroom. Even when he had returned we could tell that he was still catching up on his lost sleep when he asked her if he could sleep some more. With all these things going on it is no wonder that her birthday slipped her mind, infact I can attest to forgetting people’s birthdays at the last minute as well. For instance, I remember a person’s birthday a week before to even the night before but the actual day ie the next day it may slip my mind and this is me without any major issues that he was going through Granted people can argue that he wouldn’t be in this situation if he hadn’t cheated or that him forgetting was normal due to him being busy prior to this. To that I would agree with them. Though if it is the later him and Sangmi are going to be in a lot of trouble. Especially considering the fact that she now knows that he celebrated his wife’s birthday at a restaurant she probably expects the same and also must think that is the norm between them. Too bad she is going to be in for a shock when she discovers this to be untrue.

Then there was the point about just how supportive Gemhui’s family are towards her current condition and all and how her mother and sister are against her divorcing Cheater it’s not that they don’t love her. They do but in their own way. As someone else pointed out in regards to Geumbi she figures out that either way her sister is going to suffer. If she gets a divorce, then she will be unhappy whenever she spots Cheater and Homewrecker out together and happy. On the other hand, if she stays married she will be unhappy because she knows that her husband’s heart belongs elsewhere but in this situation everyone will be unhappy because neither of them will get what they want. In this case she thinks that this would be more preferable as the other party is equally suffering as her sister.

As for her mother she probably has two reasons why she doesn’t want her daughter to get a divorce. The first issue is that they have a kid of sorts and this would mean that her daughter would become a single mother something that is frowned on in Korean Societies these days plus not to forget her daughters age as well. Had it just been the latter that had been an issue she probably wouldn’t have an issue (as can be seen in the preview of the next episode she agrees to the divorce but not the adoption of the kid) since she will have a harder time to get married then. The second reason why she doesn’t want her daughter to get a divorce is that the couple has been married for 13 years and so far they have never had an argument until now. She hopes that those years that they have spent together must mean for something and that even though this is a major obstacle they will be able to overcome this as well. It also doesn’t help that Cheater seemed to be giving of mixed signals. On one hand he still loves and wants to be with Geumhui but on the other hand he wants the advantages of being with Sangmi ie obtaining that clinic and having a kid of his own bloodline. To do so he is willing to take out Geumhui out for a dinner, buy her gifts and even shows some concern when she comes home tired after working in the store. So on one hand he does appreciate all that she has done for him but he is currently letting his greed and ambition do his thinking for him. I suspect that if Geumhui were to accept him back he would be more than willing to return to her but as long as he also gets his own kid as well. Problem is that homewrecker is never going to let him go.

Frankly I think that Homewrecker and her family are dumb. If they want to get married to Cheater they should give him a helping hand. We know that the only reason that Geumhui isn’t getting a divorce and is waiting for three months is because she wants to finalize her son’s adoption. In this case why not help her out. While I know that they aren’t Chaebol Rich I am still sure that they have enough connections to speed up her adoption process. If the adoption is done faster that means she gives him a divorce all the sooner and then those two can finally start their new but unhappy married life

Let’s face it those two won’t be happy in the long run Homewrecker has this great picture in her mind of how loving Geunhui and her husband must be and she probably expects something similar when the truth is so far from it.

Jun Ho seems to be a workaholic who seems to work a lot at the clinic and then he has to also appear on those TV shows. (though he seems to be a break from those courtesy of Sang Mi’s mother) but he will eventually return to them as well. Not to mention that he is going to further overwork himself after marriage just in the hopes that he will acquire that clinic. Perhaps even her father well tell him to take on more patients ir milking him for all that he is worth before he kicks him out to the curb. In other words, he will come home dog tired and won’t have time to spend with his wife. If the wife complains he will tell her that he is doing everything so that they can have a happy and comfortable life. Next if he is expecting home cooked meals for a change or for her to clean up after her he has another thing coming. He is already aware that she can’t do any of these things and if he ever points this out she will also remind him of this fact. One can be sure that he can’t wash the dishes every time due to him being tired. Also and this is going to be a major sore point for all involved he still isn’t over his wife and the only reason that he is even considering marrying Homewrecker is because he has been backed into a corner of his own making. His wife is insisting on a divorce and Homewrecker is blackmailing him that if he doesn’t ditch his wife she is going to get an abortion. Meaning that he will lose out on his bloodline. Had the later not been an issue he would still be with his wife and try to work the problem through. It shows that he still has feelings for her when he shows concern of some kind when he knows that she is in pain or even is willing to go along with Youreum when he offers that a family should go out to celebrate Geumhui’s birthday or accept his MiL’s lunch invitation (even if he had to postpone the initial one due to other plans) in short he still wants to see her happy of sorts. This will eventually change into jealousy when he sees her happily move on without needing him.

Someone mentioned that Youreum may instead turn out to be his kid and not Sang Won/s and that it is possible that he may have cheated on Geumhui prior to this but this was the first time that he actually got caught. While this may indeed turn out true down the line I have my doubts regarding this. First of all, this guy seems to be all Book Smart but not Street Smart (hopefully I’m not insulting smart people) in this case he seems to be a good doctor but when it comes to reading people or catching signals he seems to be terrible at it. For instance, when Homewrecker was interested in him she tried to send him signals but he didn’t catch on till much later such as when she made reservations in front of him at a restaurant she figured that he would follow only to be informed that he didn’t figure that they were meant for him and that she had plans beforehand. There were a few more incidents like this. Had he ever cheated on his wife he would have picked up on said signals. When he figured out what she was upto ie that she had feelings for him he tried his best to avoid her as best as he could, let her know that he was already married and when that was not enough he even told her that he was interested enough to take her to bed knowing that a normal woman might be put off at that. Seeing her as an object of desire rather than as a person and that almost worked until she realized that he was Geumhui’s husband making her want to get him anymore. Making her an exceptional case. Any other woman would have already dropped him by any of these points, ie being too dense for their liking, knowing the guy is married or for him offending them. So I find it hard to see him ever cheating on his wife prior to Sangmi and the only reason that he did was because she was extremely persistent and he fell for her trap. Frankly him being so dense is going to be another factor why those two won’t have a happy marriage. Homewrecker is going to be giving him signals of what she now wants or expects from him only for him not to get it until she spells it out for him. For instance, she can ask him to make time for dinner but he ditches her for work or she wears a revealing dress and asks him how she looks only to perhaps be told that the dress is to expensive instead of telling her that she is pretty.

I suspect that money might be another issue in the marriage. I doubt that he is going to bringing much into this new family of his but loans and what not (did he finish paying of all his loans. Can’t remember correctly. Geumhui mentioned that they didn’t have enough money when his mother asked her for some. Due to them either paying of his loans or that some were still remaining.) if he does have some remaining he better not dump them on Geumhui. This means that he will be very critical on what Sangmi spends her money on. So the freedom that she once had and probably still expects will be gone. Not to mention her MiL will demand new and pretty things such as that home for her etc..

People have wondered if she has a miscarriage she might demand that Geumhui hand over Youreum won’t be surprising one bit. We have already been informed that Sangmi tends to go after things that Geumhui has when they were kids so why should anything be different now. The only reason that she is going after Cheater is for two reasons firstly he belongs to Geumhui and she wants him for that. Secondly she sees how happy Geumhui is with her husband and she wants the same for herself. She thinks that once she gets him she will be just as happy as Geumhui was and secondly that it will break Geumhui and she will be miserable after losing her husband. Problem is that Geumhui is still going to be strong because of her son and not be devastated as much as Sangmi was expecting. She will then figure out that the reason is her son Youreum and then she will want that as well. I suspect that she will be the first one to figure out that Youreum is actually Sang Won’s kid and will do her best to conceal this fact from everyone until her mother discovers it as well. The mother will agree to keep this quiet because she will notice how close the kid is to Sang Won and if he finds out that the kid is his he will have another reason to be with Geumhui. She will then probably try and offer her another envelop full of money to leave the country and that they will look after the kid etc..

People have also wondered why Geumhui wanted to get back to being friends with Homewrecker even though she knew how she was when they were kids and how she liked to go after things that Geumhui had. To that I would reply that she probably expected Sangmi to have changed as time grew. Such as becoming more mature and all. After all she herself had changed from what she was back then. She was now a wife and even a mother meaning that she herself was far more responsible than her younger self. She expected that Sangmi would be similar especially considering the fact that even she was married at one point. Why would she be worried that Sangimi would try and pull any of her stunts from back then. Her husband would be supposedly safe because Sangmi already had one of her own and since she was married as well perhaps she also had a kid of her own etc.. I mean it is natural to expect something like this. For instance, when you meet someone from your school after a long time (you are adults) you would probably try and sort of mend your bridges (if possible) since at that time you both would be young and immature. Apologies would be made in case you were at fault for something as well and while you may not become BFF you might still be friends to some extent. But in regards to her and Sangmi it seemed like those two were the only friends that they had. Probably for the reason that Geumhui accepted her for who she was and wasn’t materialistic unlike for the other friends that Sangmi may have had. Ie they only wanted to be friends with her because they could get something out of it like freebies such as her first love who wanted that expensive record player. The only thing that Geumhui offered in her friendship was her sincerity something that Sangmi probably appreciated until the incident involving her crush happened and thought that Geumhui probably played her like the rest.

I still wonder what reason Sangmi was divorced in the first place. I can either think of the fact that she was caught having an affair but this was covered up to avoid embarrassment but if it was even her family aren’t aware of this fact or most importantly she wasn’t the type to maintain her home ie cook and look after her husband and this would also mean that she wasn’t doing her DiL duties properly. Finally having enough, she was kicked out. If this is the case she still hasn’t learnt her lesson. I would say that requires another divorce but I have a hard time seeing that happen. Though I still feel like at some point she is going to return to her cheating ways when her husband won’t be able to satisfy her anymore due to either not having time for her or being too tired to do anything with her. I think that should be punishment enough for Cheater when he discovers this and realizes that he can’t go back to Geumhui for his own stupidity.

Someone mentioned that they seem to be on Sangmi’s side whenever her Aunt speaks. I get it the voice of the Aunt sounds weird but that is only because she is trying to sound too much as a kid showing that she is innocent like one due to probably being mentally challenged but that is also her advantage. She sees things simply as an innocent kid would and responds in said way. She will probably be a great Aunt for Youreum and get along just fine with him. While I do agree her voice can therefore be annoying she still gets points from me because she manages to frustrate Sangmi and her mom. Bonus ones because she is generally correct. Ie having an affair is not only bad but trying to steal the married man is just as bad. Too bad they are all to deaf to hear good advice.

People have also wondered if Sangmi and company will try something to sabotage the adoption ie to progress the story. Won’t be unheard of. Like I mentioned earlier they should help speed things up if they want things to be advantageous for themselves. Instead they will probably try and shoot themselves in the foot. For instance, why do they want to get married as soon as possible is because they want to prevent people gossiping about them and how their daughter was pregnant before marriage. Problem with this is that can’t be helped. If Geumhui instantly divorces her husband, then they can pull it off but as of now this plan doesn’t work. Geumhui has agreed to divorce her husband after 3 months this means that her bump will already start to show during her marriage. The only way that the family can try and pull it off is if they make this a private ceremony and pack of those two to the Land of Exile and then ask them to register the baby after sometime a month or so later. On the other hand, the quicker the divorce the better they can conceal the bump and excuse her early pregnancy. After all there are these Honeymoon Babies in these dramas and all.

But speaking of miscarriages and the Battle For Youreum Arc may be sooner than one thinks. Most of us assume that if Homewrecker gets a miscarriage and blame it on Geumhui it will probably be after her marriage but what if that doesn’t happen in that order. I know some of you were with me when the show Heavens Promise/The Promise was being shown. We are pretty much in a similar situation as well over here. Over there the Main Leads mother rushes over to the Second Leads wedding because they had it on the same day as when the Second Male Leads daughter passed away in an accident. There was some Hair Pulling and when the pregnant Second Female Lead tried to intervene she got accidentally pushed and the resulting accident led to her having a miscarriage. In that show the two second leads atleast got married but this isn’t the case over here but we are in an awfully similar position. What if Geumhui’s mother tries to do the same to Cheater but his mother and Homewrecker intervene. This results in Homewrecker getting injured and being rushed to the hospital (there goes the family meeting) only to discover that she has suffered a miscarriage. (this way she can still blame it all on Geumhui)

Problem now is what is she going to do about this. She knows that she only managed to lure Cheater to her side because of the child that she was carrying and her threatening to abort it otherwise he was willing to ignore her and remain with his family aka Geumhui. This means that since she has no more kid she doesn’t have any hold over him any longer. But this also means that she is going to become more vindictive and tell herself that if she can’t be happy then neither can Geumhui and that if she were to lose her kid then the same should happen to Geumhui as well. This means she will probably let the adoption investigators know that Geumhui is having troubles in the family and that they are even considering to have a divorce as well. Perhaps even inform them that the husband was having an affair. All of this will mean that Geumhui can’t adopt Youreum anytime soon. Will Sangmi right out then try and adopt Youreum so that Geumhui can’t do so remains to be seen but I doubt it. Nor do I think that Cheater will be willing to go along with this plan. This would probably be a good time for Sang Won to intervene somehow.

Over all it seems like I didn’t miss much when my net and cable was down. Though I feel like there was a standard K-Drama Trope or Drama Logic Fail

This happened when Leech figured out who her son was having an affair with. She follows him to that apartment and checks out on which floor the lift stops on. Then instead of waiting to take the next elevator she rushes up the stairs (all the way to the third floor) and when she reaches the floor she sees her son getting embraced by Homewrecker and then following her inside. So wait I am supposed to accept that the time it took her to climb the flight of stairs Sang Mi still hadn’t opened the door of Cheater. What was she doing for all that time. Was she in the toilet when he came and took her time to get out and open the door. Clearly it takes some time to climb that many stairs. Waiting for the next lift would have probably been faster. Perhaps if we use this same logic Geumhui should have also taken the stairs to catch her husband taking the elevator is what made her lose him in the first place.

The other thing that I enjoyed in this drama had to be the Envelop Full Of Money (Trope) that was handed over to Sangmi. This is the K-Drama Trope with a Twist. Nice to see that we are having some of those here instead of the normal ones. Or another one that was when Cheaters Brother gave Geumbi a Back ride. Under normal circumstances when secondary characters get one it is because they are to drunk but she got it because she was sick. Come to think of it she even got one when she was drunk as well by him. But one gets the idea.

Anyway that should be all from my end for the time being. Let’s see how the show continues. Look forward to reading all your thoughts regarding the drama and all. So keep up the posts and thanks for keeping me up to date when I couldn’t watch said show. Till next time take care all of you.

SM and her mother could very well have waited for the 3 mos but the problem is SM was trying to tarnish GH with her own brush. GM explained why she was making him move back in and that the motive was to finalize the adoption and then SM could have him but SM in her mind thought that GH was using that child to keep JH and she prolly also had all these thoughts in her head of how GH would try to be loving with JH. It does not matter that GH told her that she no longer loves JH  and that when the adoption is done she would divorce him for SM who stole JH in the first place she felt that GH was trying to find a way to keep JH. IF she had any type of sense in her head why on earth would a. GH want a man that has been with her and b. how could she possibly still love a man that cheated on her and has a baby on the way with that woman. Its a case of the pot calling the kettle black so to speak. SM did not want JH to be able to turn around to go back to GH but if she had stopped and thought she had the biggest trump card and that is the baby she is pregnant with all she needed to do was wait patiently but given how she was given everything she wanted when she wanted it waiting patiently and leaving GH alone would never work for her.  Especially when she saw GH as trying to keep JH in her head no matter how untrue it was.

One of the bigger things is both of these people will not be happy for long. SM will learn quick that things were not so loving as she fantasized about. JH is not  a man prone to catering too his wife for long. As it was pointed out above he is a work a holic and he will go back to that once he is married to her. All that imaginary care and love she thought that JH gave to GH will not manifest itself for long because the man will be wanting to continue on with his ambitions. This is going to make her upset and it will start arguments. 

JH will learn that SM is not like GH. She will not be up making meals and making sure all his things are set for him to just walk out the door. SM is a spoiled rich girl and she will never be the loving  house wife that GH was. Also GH was very trusting of him but he will never get that from SM because she will never give him that freedom that GH did. Also she will be very defensive around his female co-workers or any female that could even possibly get close to him no matter how innocent. JH had a lot of freedom to come and go with GH because she trusted him but SM is going to be a totally different ball park compared to what he had the last 13 years with GH. SM will start to be possessive and paranoid about another woman around him and it will cause issues. Even if he innocently comes across GH there will be accusations when GH is not even thinking about or wants JH back. 

But then JH and SM got what they deserved. SM listened to her mothers advice about getting a man lower than her so she can be in control and JH went and picked up SM who he thought would be better for him only to see he has no real freedom anymore and SM will eventually start showing him her snobbish and rich girl attitude. Its for sure her mother will show it to him again and again but then again its what he gets. 

The bliss of married life will only last so long before he will go back to being a cold or reserved person and SM will be craving all of that love and care she once assumed GH was getting. It will start making her resentful and very hungry for that type of love she thought she was going to have with him.  Since she had to have JH then she will have to deal with it. 

The sad part will be GH who is not doing anything to her or her new marriage with JH will be blamed in some way eventually. GH told her she would not be happy with him and SM will start thinking crazy thoughts that GH is trying to take that cheater back when GH wants nothing to do with someone who does what JH did. It will infuriate SM that GH seems to be moving on and happy without JH. (I do not know why the woman who takes the man feels like his ex should be crying somewhere over his loss. Its like it validates she made the right choice in that man if the ex is still crying over him. When they realize the ex has moved on and has love with someone new it drives them crazy. )This is going to be SM later for sure. SM was always jealous of GH I believe and its why she always wanted to take what GH had. When she starts to realize that JH is not this ultra sweet loving man she had in her fantasies and she is not living in that fairy tail marriage and love she will start to become angry and needy and this will come out in this marriage with JH. He will only be able to deal with her jealousy, possessiveness and neediness for so long before he ends up feeling closed in and will long for what he once had with GH. He will see GH happy and living well and it will make him want to remember the past.  BUT its never gonna happen again. No looking back for JH.. he has burned his bridges good with GH. 

I like to know why SM mom treat SW  so much worse but let SM get away with many terrible things. I want to know what happen six years  go that really upset SW enough for him to leave for 6 years.

It sad  how little support and love his family gives him besides his aunt.

I wanted to focus on SW more since  we don really know much about him at this point.

1.What really happen between him and Bora

2.I she alive? *They said YR mom was dead*

3.What did is mom do that  really upset him?

I am very curious about all of this.

Do you know what time it is? It’s Q and A Time. So let’s get on with it. :D

@Ldy Gmerm before I start of I want to just get technical on a point that you made. You mentioned how Sang Mi heeded her mother’s advice about getting a man lower than her so that she could better control them. To be exact it is the other way around. It was actually Sang Mi who suggested this to her mother when she was testing the waters so to speak to see if her mother would approve of someone from a lower standard compared to them and even brought up how her parents were a perfect example of this. She was pretty happy when she got her approval but at the same time equally dumb since she couldn’t see just how unhappy her parents are in actual life. It is to the extent that they sleep in different beds even though they share the same room. A fate that she will eventually share with her new husband.

:D

Spoiler

@dramaninja Now time to try and answer some of your questions.

Firstly, you asked why does Sang Mi’s mother treat her two children differently such as letting Sang Mi do terrible things but is way too harsh towards Sang Won. If I was to jokingly say that it is because of a Birth Secret of sorts ie he isn’t her biological son but is instead an illegitimate child that her husband brought home (this also resulted in them sleeping in different beds because she was so disgusted with him plus a few more things). She agrees to raise him but that would be all. Believable but I doubt that is really the case. The answer is probably something simpler.

Frankly I would assume that the case is more in line with Continuation Of The Family Bloodline. Many people in the West believe that the family bloodline can only be continued by the males so if a family has no male heirs then the family is said to have died out. In this case Sang Mi is a female so whoever marries her she will become part of his family and continue their family bloodline. It is this very reason why Junho’s mother approves of her. She is continuing her family bloodline it also helps that she is extremely rich as well. In other words, she would then become Han Sang Mi. But since Sang Won is a male the mother has far more expectations for him. It also doesn’t help that he is the only male child of that family as well. Otherwise the pressure would first apply on the eldest male and for the others it would be a bit lax.

In this case the criteria for his potential wife would be someone of equal or higher standard that will be able to help him rise. In this case she would either want him to inherit the family clinic as the best case scenario and would therefore try and search someone from a medical family ie they only have a daughter so they would be willing to either hand over their hospital to him or invest in his clinic so that it expands and they get more customers or they offer him a better position aka a Director etc.. at their own hospitals. If it is for the expansion of the family clinic she will naturally want him to run it which will be a point of conflict for Jun Ho since he is eyeing that positon for himself and right now feels secure since Sang Won isn’t showing any kind of interest in it at the moment.

But if this fails her other alternative would probably be someone from the Restaurant Industry who will agree to fund his restaurant so that he can start a franchise that is if he isn’t getting their restaurant to run as well.

If any of these two requirements are met for him she would be extremely happy. For her daughter on the other hand she just wants her to have a comfortable life so she seems to be a bit laxer towards her and her behavior.

As for your question about what happened 6 years ago are very valid questions and remain to be seen. But going from what we have heard or seen so far we can assume a few things.

She disapproved of Bora because she wasn’t someone from their own level so she intervened to the extent that those two ended up breaking up. How that happened remains to be seen. But what we know of K-Drama characters is as follows. The male is usually the Determinator. Meaning he wouldn’t have been the one to back down and must have promised her that he would protect her and love her to the end. Too bad he failed in that department.

Unfortunately, we know just how ruthless his mother can be to people that she disapproves of such as when she tried to ruin Jun Ho’s life by getting his TV appearances cancelled. She must have done something similar to Bora as well. Probably paid her an Envelop Full Of Money and if she was pregnant at that time she would have told her to get an abortion. Pretty hypocritical of her if it turns out that Youreum is her child because now she would want to raise the child because it is part of her bloodline. I believe that would have probably been the last straw for Bora who would have then packed her bags and left.

She probably either just vanished into thin air or more likely broke up with Sang Won via telephone call or a letter not informing him of the real reason or that she might have been pregnant with his kid because she knew that he would try and prevent her from doing so but she didn’t want her life ruined any further.

As for the fact whether or not Sang Won was aware of any of this ie what part his mother played in the break up remains to be seen but I suspect that he may have an idea but not the full scope. Ie He was aware that his mother disproved so he rebelled against her that he would leave the medical field which prompted his mother to threaten Bora who then chose to leave. Sang Won then probably left to clear his head and finally return when he had moved on from her. I doubt that he would have ever returned home had he been aware of what his mother actually did. I mean if he could leave becoming a doctor since he knew that was an issue that was preventing him from marrying her and rebel that way from his mother then he is perfectly capable of cutting of all ties with his family if he knows that they hurt the woman that he cares about. (so i assume that he is only partly aware of the truth of that time)

Finally, the part of whether or not Bora is still alive considering the fact that she might be Youreum’s mother who is supposed to be dead. To this I would probably reply let’s wait and see. Any deaths that are done Off Screen I would take them with a grain of salt. This allows characters supposedly dead to return with something to offer.

For instance, let’s take this as an example. A hero barges into a room with a gun wanting revenge on the villain. The screen goes black and all we hear is a gunshot we are then taken to the next scene. Now we all assume that shot being fired meant that the villain is dead. But then a few episodes later the Hero is in trouble and is about to die when who comes to the rescue.. it turns out to be the villain that he spared back then. It turns out that the gunshot that we heard back then was him firing one in frustration realizing that he couldn’t kill him for whatever reason. They then either come to some agreement or something thus the villain is spared etc only to be used again later if needed.

So in this case Bora is actually dead or it may turn out that she abandoned her child because she didn’t want to be held back by it. The child being a burden to her at that time. This allows her to return at some point to be either an ally to Geumhui and Sang Won or a rival to them. For instance if she is still alive it may turn out that she has somehow become extremely successful and when she next reveals herself to Sang Won’s mother she will ask whether or not she is worthy of becoming her DiL. At this point she may have more money than his family so she may do something like invest in the clinic and then later on knowing that the clinic is in trouble ask for her investment back placing them in trouble etc plus her return would further complicate matters between Sang Won and Geumhui ie causing a Love Triangle of sorts. He probably will forgive her until he discovers that she abandoned their child and that will be the end of them. Etc

Anyway this should cover most of the questions here. Hope something like this happens.

Oh by the way I might have to alter some of my theories from my earlier post I doubt that Sang Mi is going to have a miscarriage in the next episode due to intervening in Geumhui’s mother fighting/arguing/pulling Cheaters hair. According to the preview from the next episode we can see that Cheater and Homewreckers family are finally having that family meeting of theirs plus they seem to be in perfect condition (clothes don’t seem torn or messed up, hair seems to be still styled) All this would therefore indicate that no hair pulling was involved or clothes got ripped in any kind of argument. This means the Devils Spawn is unfortunately still safe. :( The mother would have probably given him a stern lecture on how despicable he was and whatnot perhaps even told him that she would ensure that her daughter divorced him ASAP and that would be it. Probably her leg injury also came into play at that moment that she finally decided to leave while all was good.

I guess that will be all for now. So till next time take care all of you and keep posting. Looking forward to reading your take on this drama. :blush:

Hun  its interesting this article mentions the families are connected through adoption,it was an article about SW as a character before the show started

Maybe someone who understand korean can  understand it better?

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/news.html?source=scoop&sname=story&stype=magazine&contents_id=70000000324106

I found this part interesting as well from another article.

‘여름아 부탁해’는 ‘불륜’이란 소재를 다룬다. ‘정통의 1TV 저녁드라마’에 적합한지에 대한 질문에 성PD는 “불륜이라는 소재는 드라마 소재로 많이 사용된다. 불륜을 전면에 내세워 시청자들을 자극하기 위함은 아니다. 가족 안에서 갈등과, 그 갈등을 어떻게 풀어가고 또 다른 사랑을 찾는다”고 설명했다. 

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/homeforsummer/pc/news.html?source=scoop&sname=story&stype=magazine&contents_id=70000000324048

Finally watching the latest episode, and yunno, I cut my foot doing a pedicure latest weekend and there is blood everywhere because gravity. You have to lie down with you foot up for like an hour or more until the damn cut heals enough on its own before you can even bandage it! So, not realistic at all.

The heartless mother wants to send YR back to the orphanage  :(

@dramaninja I think GH's dad is looking for YR. Jaegug is his name and I searched for the actor ihan wi .이한위

봐주기로 means decide to look after. So I guess the father wants to raise YR????

hanpyeon Jaekuk(ihan-wi bun)eun 
halu dong-an yeoreum-i(songminjae bun)leul bwajugilo haneunde (I am just guessing through the names )

@dramaninja GH dropped this idiot the moment she found out he got his mistress pregnant. In fact, even JH is surprised she is not crying over him and hanging on to him. And I have to say, I'm proud of her :thumbsup:

You know what chingu, I have a feeling a contract marriage will happen between GH and SW. Even GH mom wants to drop YR and I won't be surprised if GH comes to hate her mom when YR goes missing tomorrow<_<.

Archived