Quantcast
kokoberry

Love Chinese Dramas? Write for Soompi!

Hello, Soompiers! We are currently looking for talented and creative people to join the Soompi team!

Chinese/Taiwanese/Hong Kong Drama Features Writer

As a Soompi features writer, you will be able to work from home under a flexible work schedule. The position is paid.

Requirements:

– Passionate and has depth of knowledge on Chinese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong dramas and entertainment
– Strong command of English grammar
– Ability to write fun and engaging content
– Ability to present thoughts and arguments in an organized manner
– Strong communication skills
– Organized, proactive, and dedicated
– Chinese listening ability is preferred, but not necessary

To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter, a list of 3-4 varying original feature article topics (in the form of article titles), and a 500-word (minimum, can be longer) review of a Chinese, Taiwanese, and/or Hong Kong drama. The article must demonstrate your personality and writing style. Please submit them in Word or PDF format.

Please send your application to jobs@soompi.com with [Chinese Drama Features Writer] as the subject line.

We will take applications as they arrive, and you can apply from anywhere in the world! The deadline for applications is Friday, March 1, 2019.

For more job opportunities at Soompi, check out our Jobs page.

I might have to try for next time when they hire again. I have such a tough schedule lately and haven't had a chance to write. I watch mostly Chinese and Korean dramas so there are lots of dramas I can write about, just the time is hard ^^ 

Thanks for the above clarification. I'm definitely interested but the past two days have been very busy given they're working days. I'm hoping to send the application tomorrow (Saturday). 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 3:45 AM, icefireflies said:

Thanks for the above clarification. I'm definitely interested but the past two days have been very busy given they're working days. I'm hoping to send the application tomorrow (Saturday). 

good luck

Hi, kokoberry! Thank you for this awesome and exciting opportunity! I would love to write and produce content for Chinese dramas, but I don't think I meet all of the qualifications, and I haven't written drama reviews/articles before. However, I've always been the silent lurker who enjoyed reading the reviews and analysis that people have made for dramas. Aside from this opportunity, does Soompi have volunteer options where we can help create content/write reviews for dramas?  

10 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Hi, kokoberry! Thank you for this awesome and exciting opportunity! I would love to write and produce content for Chinese dramas, but I don't think I meet all of the qualifications, and I haven't written drama reviews/articles before. However, I've always been the silent lurker who enjoyed reading the reviews and analysis that people have made for dramas. Aside from this opportunity, does Soompi have volunteer options where we can help create content/write reviews for dramas?  

@kokoberry hi, you might want to help with this request?

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 1:37 AM, ayang23 said:

Hi ayang23! Thank you for your interest. We currently do not have other volunteer options available.

• Like 1

Do you only get back to shortlisted candidates or will we get a response if the application was unsuccessful? Thanks!

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 10:47 PM, angelangie said:

@Sooyun Ahgase i have check with the editorial team.....u can send them as you go....im sure they will sure accept any application...

oh, I saw the deadline is like March 1st, so it was over already. I'm busy with the program and a course online, so haven't started on anything. Hopefully, when the program and course are done, I will have more time to write and submit if they still accept it. :D

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

oh, I saw the deadline is like March 1st, so it was over already. I'm busy with the program and a course online, so haven't started on anything. Hopefully, when the program and course are done, I will have more time to write and submit if they still accept it. :D

no harm in trying :) as far as im aware they will take the application as it goes :) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, britofrito95 said:

Do you only get back to shortlisted candidates or will we get a response if the application was unsuccessful? Thanks!

@kokoberry  I wanted to ask the same question. Thank you!

Edited by Lotus31
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, britofrito95 said:

We try to get back to all applicants :)

On 3/7/2019 at 11:59 AM, Yanyee Laiu said:

Hi! When will the application results be out? Thank you :)

The results will be out in a few weeks' time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lotus31 said:

@kokoberry  I wanted to ask the same question. Thank you!

The results will be out in a few weeks' time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Deleted. :) 

Edited by jadecloud
3.24.19. Not getting any response. Prob there's no good answer to the query. Deleted query. Thanks.
  • Like 2