Director:  Shin Yoon Sub 

Writer:  Lee Young Joo

Network: tvN

Episodes: 16

Release Date: October 21st - December 10th, 2019

Runtime: Monday & Tuesday

Language: Korean

synopssss2059nfjej.png

A romantic investigative drama about a woman named Yoo Ryung who solves cases with her overflowing sense of justice and exceptional spatial perception but always gets herself into trouble because of her rash actions. She meets Go Ji Suk, a man who avoids cases and seeks stability. However, he always ends up cleaning up after the problems caused by Yoo Ryung and holds the key to the solving the cases.

castt59w9kwo.png

EGVRilXXYAA-QyU?format=png&name=small

EGVRSHwXoAAxdh6?format=png&name=small

EGVREM9WoAEDCPX?format=png&name=small

EGVQuXEWkAUlchf?format=png&name=small

chart059oak1h.png

EG2cGL3VUAEo3CG?format=jpg%26name=large&

teaserrrrrrrrr596jkh1.png

Teaser 1 | Teaser 2 Teaser 3 | Teaser 4 | Teaser 5 | Highlights Video

ostss9zwjiy.png

COMING SOON!

rulesdsss059dzk5o.png

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jillia I’ll reopen the thread as mr dimples is confirmed :love:. I’m too happy 

@marykarmelina kindly update 1st post :D 

it does not seem like a horror story hmmm

Kim Seon Ho Confirmed For tvN Drama With Moon Geun Young In Talks As Female Lead

Apr 2, 2019
by sala12

Kim Seon Ho has been confirmed for the cast of “Catch Yoo Ryung” (literal title)!

On April 2, it was reported that the actor will be starring in the tvN Monday-Tuesday drama “Catch Yoo Ryung.”

In response, his agency SALT Entertainment commented, “Kim Seon Ho is confirmed to star as the male lead in ‘Catch Yoo Ryung.'”

Kim Seon Ho will be taking on the role of Go Ji Suk who has been a detective for Wangsimni Subway Police for three years and is the chief of Investigative Team One. He entered the homicide department after graduating from the police academy, but he changed his dreams after becoming the guardian for his single mother who gets diagnosed with dementia. While living life as a police officer who oversees procedures and regulations instead of a cop that catches bad people, his life begins anew when he meets an overzealous newbie.

In 2017, Kim Seon Ho became well-known to the public through “Chief Kim,” and he continued to showcase his acting skills by taking on roles in “Strongest Deliveryman,” “Two Cops,” “You Drive Me Crazy,” “100 Days My Prince,” and more. After wrapping up his work in “Welcome to Waikiki 2,” he will move on to “Catch Yoo Ryung.”

“Catch Yoo Ryung” is a romantic investigative drama about a woman named Yoo Ryung who solves cases with her overflowing sense of justice and exceptional spatial perception but always gets herself into trouble because of her rash actions. She meets Go Ji Suk, a man who avoids cases and seeks stability. However, he always ends up cleaning up after the problems caused by Yoo Ryung and holds the key to the solving the cases. Moon Geun Young is in talks to take on the role of the female lead Yoo Ryung.

The drama will be directed by producing director (PD) Shin Yoon Seob of “Rooftop Prince” and “Please Come Back, Mister” and penned by writers So Won and Lee Young Joo.

• Guest unlocked this topic

From the write up here, doesn’t seem like hard core  horror , but has some elements of the supernatural. Female lead has sixth sense & is looking for her missing sis . And ghost is a word play of her name . FL’s ability reminds me of the one in Children of a lesser God . 

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/02/27/moon-geun-young-considering-drama-return-with-tvn-investigative-romance-catch-the-ghost/

1 hour ago, triplem said:

@marykarmelina looks like she’s confirmed 

Yes.. Here news from ->> Dispatch

Namoo Actors confirmed Moon Geun Young will be return after 4 years.

Let's wait the confirmation from TvN. Usually they'll announce it through a post on their official instagram.

2nd half 2019, I read somewhere it'll be airing on August? Yeayyy! Can't wait! :relieved:

Not really fan from the PD, but I hope it will be good! The writer also a rookie, right?

14 minutes ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Yes.. Here news from ->> Dispatch

Namoo Actors confirmed Moon Geun Young will be return after 4 years.

Let's wait the confirmation from TvN. Usually they'll announce it through a post on their official instagram.

2nd half 2019, I read somewhere it'll be airing on August? Yeayyy! Can't wait! :relieved:

Not really fan from the PD, but I hope it will be good! The writer also a rookie, right?

Oh goody. August ain't so bad. At least after Waikiki, we don't have to wait too long to see him again :D .Never seen the works of this PD though. Fingers crossed for good writing

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh goody. August ain't so bad. At least after Waikiki, we don't have to wait too long to see him again :D .Never seen the works of this PD though. Fingers crossed for good writing

Yeayy.. Only two months after Waikiki2.

I only watched rooftop prince. He also directed Ugly Alert and Come Back Mister (I didn't watch it).

There's a thread already on Naver.

Two writers (So Won and Lee Yeong Joo). August 2019.

20190409-085452.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Thank you everyone for the tag!

0D73F168-F569-477D-B0F6-D79F5002265D.GIF

FINALLY, SHE IS BACK :)

Any drama she is in, I'll support her!

Hope this one is a good one.

Everyone, please help us get the channel and a license on Viki here

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

I'll intensify promotions for this title.

Big fan of hers here :)

THANK YOU!!!

Soompi article!

bd82dcc18aa64160ab071877fd49ff3a.jpeg?s=

Moon Geun Young Confirmed To Star Alongside Kim Seon Ho In Upcoming Investigative DramaTV/FILM

Apr 9, 2019
by K. Lew

Moon Geun Young will be making her drama comeback for the first time in four years!

It was recently confirmed that she will be starring in tvN’s “Catch Yoo Ryung” (literal title), which she was previously in talks for. The drama is an investigative romance about two subway police detectives.

The actress will be playing the overzealous rookie detective Yoo Ryung, who can’t stop herself when it comes to injustice. Kim Seon Ho has been confirmed to play Go Ji Suk, an experienced detective who seeks stability.

Moon Geun Young rose to fame as a child actress for her part in “Autumn In My Heart,” after which she was nicknamed the “nation’s little sister.” Since then, she continued to appear in dramas such as “Empress Myeongseong” and films such as “A Tale of Two Sisters” and “My Little Bride.” In 2008, she was the youngest recipient ever to receive a SBS Grand Prize for her drama “Painter of the Wind.” She has continued with an impressive filmography including dramas “Cinderella’s Sister,” “Goddess of Fire,” and films “The Throne,” “Glass Garden,” and more.“Catch Yoo Ryung” will be directed by producing director Shin Yoon Sub, who previously directed “Rooftop Prince,” “Ugly Alert,” and “Please Come Back, Mister.” It is slated to air in the latter half of the year.

Source

Kim Seon-ho-I and Moon Geun-young Pair Up for "Catch the Ghost!"

photo1051514.jpg

I'm sensing a sugar-sweet OTP here, as actors Kim Seon-ho-I and Moon Geun-young have confirmed their leading roles in tvN's upcoming "Catch the Ghost!", a romantic investigation drama about a 'doer' rookie and a 'thinker' veteran of the subway police force.

If you're wondering why there's no fantasy genre attached, your answer lies in the heroine's name. Moon Geun-young ("Glass Garden", "The Village: Achiara's Secret") plays the titular Yoo Ryeong (which means ghost in Korean), the action-driven, rookie subway police investigator who can't tolerate injustice.

Kim Seon-ho-I ("Laughter in Waikiki 2", "Two Cops") plays Go Ji-seok, a former homicide detective who is currently in his 3rd year in the subway police service. Ji-seok will experience radical life changes when he meets the overzealous rookie. Given the title and the genre, I'm hoping the two bond while our 'doer' learns to pause and think, and our 'thinker' stops overthinking.

Read full article HERE

On 4/8/2019 at 6:51 PM, triplem said:

Amen to that...!  August is not that far away...
The writers are both newbies... We just need to trust that tvN know what they are doing...

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am excited about this pairing! I think they are going to hit it off real well! Can't wait for it to air!!

Me too.... Super excited for this pairing..... Love them already.x

@ixxdhx81, I too have seen Rooftop Prince. I liked it. It was funny. I have friends who loved Ugly Alert, and it does have fabulous cast.  but I am unlikely to watch 133 episodes drama - no matter how good it is - unless I can watch it on Roku.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moon Geun-young returns to dramaland in new tvN rom-com

moongeunyoung.jpg

After a four-year long absence from dramaland, Moon Geun-young (Glass Garden) has confirmed she’ll be making her drama comeback this year in the new tvN investigative-romance drama, Catch Yoo-ryung. She’ll be joining Kim Sun-ho (Woohoo Waikiki 2), who confirmed his participation last week.

Read full article on Dramabeans

Moon Geun-Young Confirms tvN "Catch that Ghost"  with Potential Leading Man
Kim Sun-Ho

adafew.jpg

I have another 2019 Drama to look forward to, and it a comedic return for my beloved bae Moon Goon-Young. The OG grown up child actress is returning with her first Kdrama in 4 Years with the tvN police procedural Catch That Ghost. It's not a supernatural story as her character's name Yoo Ryung  is a homonym for ghost in Korean so the title is more aptly Catch that Yoo-Ryung as in catching her.

dasda_1.jpg

The male lead in talks in talented Kim Sun-Ho who has really worked his way up the supporting actor to male lead position in less than 2 years.

nysadas.jpg

Read more HERE

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I do not know why she thinks Kim Sun-Ho has not confirmed.  I think he confirmed before Moon Geun-young did.
But I am intrigued with her take on the title, that it is simply about catching our heroine.
:wub:  I think it will be both. It is no accident that the heroine has this name.

@irilight @ixxdhx81 Gals , further confirmation here :

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-seon-ho-i-and-moon-geun-young-pair-up-for-catch-the-ghost--128473.html

Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kim Seon-ho-I and Moon Geun-young Pair Up for "Catch the Ghost!"

miniminiphoto961627.jpg By Vasia Orion on 2019/04/09 at 16:54 PST

photo1051514.jpg

I'm sensing a sugar-sweet OTP here, as actors Kim Seon-ho-Iand Moon Geun-young have confirmed their leading roles in tvN's upcoming "Catch the Ghost!", a romantic investigation drama about a 'doer' rookie and a 'thinker' veteran of the subway police force.

If you're wondering why there's no fantasy genre attached, your answer lies in the heroine's name. Moon Geun-young ("Glass Garden""The Village: Achiara's Secret") plays the titular Yoo Ryeong (which means ghost in Korean), the action-driven, rookie subway police investigator who can't tolerate injustice.

Kim Seon-ho-I ("Laughter in Waikiki 2""Two Cops") plays Go Ji-seok, a former homicide detective who is currently in his 3rd year in the subway police service. Ji-seok will experience radical life changes when he meets the overzealous rookie. Given the title and the genre, I'm hoping the two bond while our 'doer' learns to pause and think, and our 'thinker' stops overthinking.

I had no idea that there was protection above security guards for subways, so the premise intrigues me past the romance as well. "Catch the Ghost!" will be penned by writers So Won and Lee Young-joo, and helmed by PD Sin Yoon-seob ("Please Come Back, Mister", "Ugly Alert", "The Rooftop Prince"). It will premiere in the second half of the year.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

• 1 month later...

They announced it once again that they're confirmed to appear this drama. Quite understandable since he appeared in Waikiki then he confirmed his appearance here since the former already concluded, they announced it once again. lol.

Netizen Comments: (link above) (my rough trans)

1. (+159,-3) It's been a while that Actress Moon Geunyoung last appeared in TV and Drama, I will look forward to it~
2. (+115,-1) I've been watching Kim Sunho since 100 Days My Prince and Eulachacha Waikiki 2, it's nice to know that you're back again.

• (+11, 0) Kim Sunho-nim, my heart skips a beat when you smile. ㅜㅜ

3. (+49,-3) I like Kim Sunho so I will wait for them~ fighting!

4. (+38,-1) I really like Moon Geunyoung. I hope this drama will be great.ᅮᅲ
5. (+33,-3) Geunyoung I will wait for you~

6. (+11, 0) Moon Geunyoung, the queen of historical dramas. Please show us your sorrowful acting(?)

7. (+9, 0) I wanted to see you Moon Geunyoung, so glad you're back. I'm rooting for you!

8. (+9, -1) Moon Geunyoung is a great actress.

9. (+7, 0) Unnie, I missed you ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ. I like Kim Sunho, too.

10. (+7, 0) Ah, his name is Kim Sunho ㅋㅋㅋ. I enjoyed him in Waikiki.

----

Anyway, assuming that it will be aired on July/August. I think this will be replacing 'Abyss' which is a Mon-Tue drama or 'Arthdal Chronicles' which is a Sat-Sun :)

Fun Fact: Their birthdays are only 2 days apart. (Geunyoung - May 6 || Sunho - May 8)

On 5/20/2019 at 8:37 PM, MarianM said:

Fun Fact: Their birthdays are only 2 days apart. (Geunyoung - May 6 || Sunho - May 8)

Another fun fact, they both acted in the play "Closer". MGY did it in 2010 as Alice and KSH did it in 2016 as Dan.

->>>>>

According to this blog

- It's Monday - Tuesday drama

- Airing after Destignated Survivor: 60 Days

- First broadcast: August, 19th

- Jung Yoo-Jin (W, Romance is bonus book) also one of the casts for the drama

%EB%93%9C%EB%9D%BC%EB%A7%88_PPL_%EC%A0%9

Archived