[Drama 2019] Catch The Ghost, 유령을 잡아라

marykarmelina

7 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@natekoyou think the fight sequence for the JR next episode won't be a dream right? It will really break my heart if it's another dream. Haha

Oh, I think he's definitely kicking some butt in the next episode. He did say, that he'll protect YR in the preview, so I bet he'll become more proactive. It's about time the dude got some fun :glasses:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

And I didn’t know that leaving a family member in a fit of anger or moment of quarrel is considered a crime punishable with imprisonment... So her immediately reporting and the whole quest for her sister lasting two years do not account for anything? I get that she was not completely truthful about the reason of separation, but that could be due to feeling shameful of what she did. Isn’t the more important thing is that she is regretful and anxious to find her sister? 

The only thing I can think of that can be punishable by law in this situation would be negligence. Since YR was the sole caregiver and she did leave YJ alone. Still I don't think that would put her in jail since there was no direct injuries caused by her actions and other things need to be taken into consideration. MR just wanted to complete absolve herself from any responsibility, she just doesn't see any faults in her action and always acts holier than thou when she could even imagine what it's like to care about a sick family member. I really hope JS will put her in her place. With that kind of attitude I can somewhat see why JS didn't want to tell her the reason for their breakup. Even if he did tell her the truth and they stayed together I don't think she'b be able to support him. It actually makes me think that she'd eventually get angry with him always putting his mother first and taking care of her at the hospital. MR seems like the kind of person who can easily neglect another without a second thought. 

JS and YR are very interesting characters because they both share the same burden but had different conditions and reactions. It was heartbreaking to see JS's meltdown at the hospital and YR's meltdown in the tunnel. They are both alone dealing with a big responsibility but there are some minor differences that make a huge difference in the way they handled this burden. JS had an established career when his mother fell ill.  While he was a sole caregiver his living conditions were better that YR. He could afford to put his mom in the welfare center, even though barely, and he could also have some time to himself while he was working. This makes a huge difference and this is also partially why he never had any fits of anger or complete mental breakdowns like YR did. I'm feel so bad  for him though, since he sold his house he doesn't even have a place to stay or return to. I hope someone can console him.  As for YR, she was living with her sister from the very beginning. I don't know if it was mentioned what happened to her parents but it seems like they died when she was young. So her grandmother was the only one who took care of the sisters. It also seems like that grandma died when YR was still very young so she had no other choice but to take care of YJ on her own. I don't think she got to go to college or do anything that she wanted to do like a young adult would in other circumstances. She couldn't leave YJ too, so even at her job she had to always be with her sister. Honestly, it isn't that hard to see just how difficult it was for her and how she got to her breaking point. She didn't have any outlet for her feelings and bottled everything inside until it finally burst. She should have allowed herself to be angry, frustrated and sad because that would be a normal reaction of anyone in her shoes but she barely allowed herself to show such feelings. In such a situation there's usually only a few outcomes - people go crazy, quite literally, or they have a complete mental breakdown and when they can't take it anymore they finally blow up (which happened with YR), or, which is pretty common in real life, people commit suicide. The suicide part is quite common. In korea alone I've read many articles about people who committed suicide because they couldn't take it anymore or when they also killed their sick family members. While YR was in the wrong in that situation  I just can't bring myself to hate or blame her for it. The only person who hates her and blames her like no other is she herself. YR firmly believe that she is a monster for what she did and I'm pretty sure she was living those 2 years feeling disgusted with herself. Which is also why she couldn't care less about her own safety. Her behaviour is a self destructing one and MR's and major crimes team's behaviour towards her will definitely not help the situation. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the saddest episode so far , seriously i bawled again after i watched it with eng sub..arghhh..those tears..i can really felt his / her pains..,,i have no words wth MGY's acting cuz i knew her, this is my KHS' first drama , so i amazed with his actings..

in the light note. based on the preview for the next episode...sooo they  are gonna have some "ramen" lol, ..i think it will be so funny..

eventhough just seeing them standing next to each other, and the very little caring - gentle gesture JS did for her, i can really felt butterflies in my stomach..but..its really hard to ask a kissing scene in this drama??

desperately waiting for monday-tuesday to come..why so far away ?

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

And I didn’t know that leaving a family member in a fit of anger or moment of quarrel is considered a crime punishable with imprisonment... So her immediately reporting and the whole quest for her sister lasting two years do not account for anything? I get that she was not completely truthful about the reason of separation, but that could be due to feeling shameful of what she did. Isn’t the more important thing is that she is regretful and anxious to find her sister? 

I think it's because YJ is an autistic so YR is liable of leaving her
But still MR doesn't have the right to treat YR & to dismiss of YR's report on her missing sister like that

Someone here said that he/she can't blame & hate YR for what she did to YJ
I totally agree...if I'm in YR's shoes and live her life like that, i think i would do the same mistake

Living a lonely life with such a heavy burden is truly suffocating
And i'm glad YR is reflecting on her mistake. I hope that she can forgive & redeem herself in a healthy way

33 minutes ago, cloe said:

the saddest episode so far , seriously i bawled again after i watched it with eng sub..arghhh..those tears..i can really felt his / her pains..,,i have no words wth MGY's acting cuz i knew her, this is my KHS' first drama , so i amazed with his actings..

in the light note. based on the preview for the next episode...sooo they  are gonna have some "ramen" lol, ..i think it will be so funny..

eventhough just seeing them standing next to each other, and the very little caring - gentle gesture JS did for her, i can really felt butterflies in my stomach..but..its really hard to ask a kissing scene in this drama??

desperately waiting for monday-tuesday to come..why so far away ?

i very much hope so for kiss scenes too between Kim Seon Ho & Moon Geun Young

I mean though MGY looks so young and started as a child acctress, but sh'e already 32 years old

If im not mistaken, she already had kiss scenes with Jang Geun Seuk, Chun Jung Myung, and Park Shi Hoo 

2 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

Anyone catch who the guy next to JS while busting into the warehouse scene in the preview ?
Also the guy with glasses on...who is that?

New characters?

It WH with JS in that warehouse. As for the guy with glasses it's one of the grasshoppers, the one with DID and presumably the Subway Ghost. 

So did anyone else think that YJ might be in the house with the killer's mother...? 

The one she calls 'Sae Rom'? Is the mother taking care of her? 

I wanna believe that maybe he couldn't kill her because he knows what it's like to live without being able to control your own body and mind - he empathised with her :wacko: is that too much of a stretch?

2 hours ago, nateko said:

Watched the episode again and I must say KSH is such a great actor. That crying scene was something. I really hope that by the end of the drama JS's mom will remember him if only for a short time. 

I can't forget his pleas to his mother to remember him. I think it feels like he's the ghost of his father, that has to stay for his mother, as well as RY lives like a shadow to her sister, she just couldnt get her own life. 

In my opinion, the perpetrator is not killing people randomly. This explains why the wallets of the victims were hidden in the trunk, while the others lied on the ground. He is not a pickpocket per se but he was looking for certain persons. My theory is that the victims are all connected to the incident that happened two years ago, where Choi Mi Ra was involved in the arrest of an unknown man. Back then YJ was present too. That's why YJ has not been killed, maybe because he realized that YJ was an autistic woman while he was strangling her. When he took her picture, her wound around the neck was not so deep. 

My feeling is telling me that this brutal arrest ("stay still", the hands are bleeding due to the handcuffs) is linked to an unjustified arrest. We shouldn't overlook that CMR recognized the perpetrator immediately and she left the Subway police 2 years ago. Why did she leave this department? Then the victims are always displayed in the train under the seat, this leads me to the conclusion that the Subway Ghost resented the victims for their involvement in that incident, like they didn't help the arrested man. The latter might have been misjudged because of a disability or an illness which made the police officer think that he was a criminal. He targeted YJ first as she was present during the arrest and she was left alone. YJ had become an easy prey for him, until he got aware that YJ was innocent due to her mental state.

I am already imagining that the Subway Ghost could be the twin brother... just like YJ is the twin sister. His brother might have died back then... 

In other words, the serial killing is linked to the death of an innocent, wrongly arrested and accused which the police covered up. I have the feeling that this could be the reason why HMR's mother will have to step down from her position in the end which will be a wake up call for MR as well. Don't forget that right now MR and her mother are always putting their focus on the perpetrator and never on the victims. Pride is what triggers them too. Since this incident could have become a scandal about police abuse, the commissioner might have decided to prioritize the police reputation over the victim's feelings and concerns and covered up the incident. This would explain why the mother said that her son was suffering from a broken heart. He lost someone close to him and the police was guilty and ignored the victim's family.

@nateko @blademan @ktcjdrama @Miky88    

@nateko @ktcjdrama @Miky88 @blademan Well, even if YR did something wrong, her sister YJ is not entirely innocent in that matter. Just because YJ is an autistic person, this doesn't excuse her for hurting her sister. Let us not forget that YJ pushed her sister so hard that the latter fell and got dirty. YJ is autistic but she can understand certain things. Autism doesn't mean stupid.

YJ was so used to have her sister by her side that she disliked the idea that she had to share YR with someone else. YJ knew that her sister would neglect her, when she was with her boyfriend. That's why she expressed her wish to leave as soon as she was with the boyfriend. We have to see the scene at the train station as a mirror to the scene in the nature with YR's boyfriend. YJ pushed her sister so did YR the same.... Sure, YJ knew that YR was upset and was distancing herself from her hence the autistic sister kept coming onto her... she wanted YR to focus on her again as she had learnt all these years that with her behavior, she would always get her sister's attention. I had the feeling too that YJ had no idea how to excuse herself because YR never taught her that.

My point is that blaming YR for the scene at the train station is wrong too. MR didn't get to see the whole story. Then she makes YR feel guilty and made her look guilty, while in reality the real culprit was the Subway Ghost. MR and the others have no idea why YJ and the others became the targets. 

She only used the video as a legitimization not to dig any deeper. Furthermore, she didn't help YR with the missing case. Even if for the lieutenant, YR had abandoned her sister, YR reported YJ as a missing person hence she is not responsible.

Furthermore I see the scene at the train station as something different. She had left her side for one moment in order to breath. YR was actually asphyxiating... In my opinion, due to her sister's handicap, YJ had always been in the center of the family (grandmother and YR) which might have not helped her in the long run.  

So Kim SH is suffering from a disassociative personality disorder implying that he sometimes thinks, he is someone else. I guess, he must have lost his brother and the loss made him so much suffer that he sometimes becomes the brother he lost. When he acts as a different person, he becomes the murderer who resents the persons responsible for his death. I assume that the other victims were passive witnesses who decided to overlook the incident.  

Besides, I am wondering why the police are not allowed to go into the tunnel so maybe this might be related to the incident from two years ago. 

@bebebisous33 I am with you about everything started with the incident 2 years ago, in particular the arrest of the man by the latest victim. I think she will hold the key to why the killings. She recognized Subway Ghost and was scared that she turned to run away. After the incident 2 years ago, she resigned from her post. Tunnels are locked and off limits. That Cha guy was making sure of it, so he must be covering something up not wanting anyone to find out. 

@bebebisous33 @ktcjdrama I like your theories. Somehow I didn't connect the killings with what happened 2 years ago but now that you both mentioned it, it makes so much sense. In the drama they mentioned that the tunnel became a no entry area after an unfortunate incident. I think that whoever died back then is related to the Subway Ghost and triggered KSH DID.  

BTS from tvN

:rage:Ma Ri

Okay so thinking through...

The message regarding SG’s clothing and red heels...Personally I don’t think the SG is telling YR that he is going to kill her. Instead I feel that it is trying to simpitise with YR for abandoning her sister. SG might have a hard past in which he abandoned his’ closest person. If we deduce that the SG have DID it is possible that SG has a sibling who was once his liability then he met up with difficulties and ended up dumping his ‘sister’ (red heels to represent her) then when he lost her and found out that she had died. His mentally broke and thus creating the red heel personality in him. 

We can’t say for certain that he killed her (YR Sister). He can very well be walking through the subway and found her dead. Pick her up and take picture, waiting for that one day to tell YR about it. That’s why he has a chance to kill her but didn’t.

If I follow the theory I had, as to why he kills...he might very well want to give a sort of message to others about why you should keep your valuables close to you before you regret not taking care of it. Like danger of not taking care of your family members & belongings.

if im not mistaken the red shoes that the Subway Ghost kept belong to YJ

I replayed the flashback scene where Choi Mari, the former subway police officer made an arrest on someone

and YJ was there wearing that red shoes or looked like that red shoes.

But YJ didn't wear the pink shirt with the lace like the Subway Ghost kept

That pink shirt with the lace...im not sure if that's a little girl shirt or an adult size 

These bits of puzzles are not matching up yet
We need moreeeee.... why monday stil so far away

I want to see JS & YR finally made up & confess their feeling

and kisses...pleassee

11 minutes ago, Anna grey said:

Best series i have ever seen :)

Agree... though im a longtime soompi member, i dont sign on & made posts

Just lurking around :sweatingbullets:

But Catch the Ghost storyline really struck me

Plus i like Kim Seon Ho since his drama with Lee Yoo Young

YJ wasn't wearing red shoes on the day they got separated in the subway (ref: ep.8 around 40min mark)

So there is another girl involved who loves red shoes and owner of the laced collar blouse. Could YJ be kept at Subway Ghost's home as the replacement of that girl? His sister?

Just finished watching the latest episodes! So intense, and my heart really ached for our OTP, so sad.... but despite of that I can see two brave individual who despite of their imperfections still manage to get up and not to loose hope in this life. 
The subway ghost definitely have a split personality disorder, when the murderer comes out he is going to hunt for its prey.... 

I’m glad that the misunderstanding will be clear between our OTP. For our subway police team I’m rooting for them that they are the one who will catch the grasshopper and the killer, they deserve recognition. 

Archived