[Drama 2019] Catch The Ghost, 유령을 잡아라

marykarmelina

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg. Bow down to this writer. I was not expecting any of that! I’ll write a quick recap in spoiler 

Spoiler

The captain grasshopper is the subway ghost. The homeless guy pushed YooJin by the open subway and in turn she pushed/grabbed Saerom by accident causing the little girl to fall into the tracks and getting hit by the subway. Saerom is captain grasshopper daughter. The people all around who witnessed it are the people he killed. It was revenge. He was angry they all just stood by and didn’t do anything.  His mom is the helper ahjumma. She rescued yoojin from the tunnels and calls her “Saerom” now. 

He didn’t intentionally save yoojin. He said to his mom he has one last thing to do. In the preview the mom says the last person he needs to take is yoojin, so I think he’s intent on taking her as well.

edit: Also his mom was protecting the homeless guy, because she said she wanted to at least save her son (grasshopper guy) she said if the cops catch the homless man that his plan will be realized and she knows what the end of the plan is. Which is he plans to go and follow Saerom. (To his death

also that mom is a real piece of work. I understand you love your kid, but she completely enabled and permitted all these killings to happen. She even lied to Yoo Ryung that she didn’t see yoojin, when she was right behind the door. 

also, I know there is no space for romance right now, but I really hope they get together at the last episode at least.

@tas82 In my eyes, I wasn't entirely wrong that the door was defect and the subway company should have done more that putting a red line as warning. They are to blame for this incident.

As for the Subway Ghost, he is as much responsible for his daughter's death as his mother and the others.

• Why did he steal the wallet in the first place? He committed a crime hence he got caught.
  • Furthermore, he blamed his mother for not taking care of Sae Rom but he was her father after all, therefore he was the one responsible for her.

I had suspected that he killed all the witnesses as they had done nothing. Yet in my eyes, YJ shouldn't be blamed for SR's death. She was also pushed and her gesture was just instinctive. I didn't like YR's words to the team. She considered YJ guilty, while in reality YJ was a victim as well. If SR hadn't been there, YJ would have been the one dead. She never pushed the girl intentionally and you could sense that YJ was traumatized. The fact that she kept looking at the remaining piece of cloth in her hand and she was remaining on the floor. It was as if she had been paralyzed. The friend is to blame as well as she left YJ unguarded... 

Honestly, I like how the story is being told... There were many red herrings and the best was... last week, we thought the captain was the Subway Ghost then yesterday, we started doubting this theory and now it has been confirmed that it is true. From my point of view, the captain didn't spare YJ in the first place, he was stopped by his mother. Now, I am wondering if his real target is YJ but YR. Maybe that's the reason why he stopped killing YR back then. Maybe he would like YJ to witness the death of her sister YR, like throwing her from the train. It doesn't look like the captain knows about YJ's autism.   

@Ameera Ali @lu09

@bebebisous33 I completely agree. It was not YJ fault whatsoever. She had no intention to

pull/push that girl. It was an instinctive reflex from being shoved by the homeless man. She is also not the reason/start for all thE killings. The killings are all solely the responsibility of capt. grasshopper. I don’t know why YR mind would jump to the conclusion that YJ is the one who Ultimately killed the girl. She’s not. 

love all the twists and turns the writer has given us. 

Well played writernim! (Bows respectfully)

@bebebisous33 ding ding exactly. Man I wanted to slap her when she acted all guilty closing the laptop and then saying that to the team. How is it her fault?  She should have defended her sister especially after the way Ma Ri had wanted to paint her as a murderer. Hmmm had a thought whilst writing this. Maybe it's a habit. She assumes most thinks will be her sister's fault.  Apologising for her sister accepting fault is a quick way to de-escalate a situation and stop people staring and commenting. Her view has been clouded by years of doing this. Chief will have to uncloud them.  Still want to slap her for it though felt like she threw her under the bus.

Part of me didn't even feel for the witnesses. How stands by and watch a kid being harassed like that. And yes my dude needs to claim his complicity. Why are you out on the rob why weren't you looking after your own dam child! Also he could have said something to the cop, hhhmm maybe he did and we haven't seen it. Cause why she quit,  guilty for something, doubt it as simple arresting him....hmm??

And yes what was that measly piece of tape. Surprised he doesn't wanna burn the whole dang station down for such a health and safety blunder. 

So what now his final play is murder suicide with YJ and what feed them just enough crumbs so they arrive just in time so YR can see it?

Gosh Monday is also far away....

woahh..the two last episodes were too dark and intense, my heart was beating faster

with the two last episodes remain, iam waiting the moment when JS's mom recognize JS as her son, and when YR meets YJ

and the moment when YR says she likes JS too ( actually i lost my hope with the romance part ),  but i still want to see the happy ending for YR and JS in the last episode..YR with her sister YJ and JS with his mom, and i also hope YR and JS are being together , side by side , support and comfort each other while taking care their beloved one YJ and JS's mom...

and the last but not the least,,i want a kiss scene between JS and YR ( honestly i just want to see a kiss scene between MGY adn KSH ,lol ), just a little kiss,.... argghh the writernim so stingy

the last episode was so dark

my heart went out for the Ghost....how he witnessed her only daughter tragic death right before his eyes

It's truly heartwrenching :tears:

Instead being scared watching him kill the Kim Chul Jin, the homeless guy, I actually cried seeing how bitter & vengeful he was

He chose to be like because he was disappointed at the police & the law

And at the same time, he was regretful how he could not do anything & was so helpless as her parent

So i think that's why he chose to kill all those people & kill himself at the end

And i think it doesnt matter if he realize YJ is actually an autism patient, he's still going to kill her

I was just surprised he said that he's going to return the necklace, then left YJ on the railroad 
(does it mean he wanted YJ to be crush by the next morning train? then return the necklace where?)

The Mom *sigh i dont understand her kind of thinking

She chose to protect the homeless guy instead of preventing the criminal acts when her son first abducted YJ

She even didnt dare to open the door

Then, she saved YJ and turned her to SR, her dead grandchild ...calling YJ, SR

I am so glad i was wrong that YJ was being a mastermind nor directly responsible for those serial murders

Me and my wild imagination ..LOL

I actually think YR was blaming herself when she said it's YJ's fault

How she always think in the point of victims' on every case

And how she always put the victims first even forgetting herself

(it shows from how she could jump from the 2nd floor trying to catch the perverts, and later when she handled the case the abusive MMA fighter...not thinking at all about her safety)

I think she blamed herself for not being there to be beside YJ

Hence might prevent the tragedy

Thinking about JS & YR again... if after all time invested throughout the drama for their budding romance from the beginning till the last eps yesterday whe they still are each other's moral support

(JS backhugged YR when she freaked out listening to the capt's interrogation, and when YR intervened to calm both JS & his Mom at the basement...even the birthdays scene was long enough that they skipped a day's worth of regular working day), there is no romance at all till the end of the drama next week

Then the writer & the PD really waste their time shooting those unnecessary love-budding-scenes

They should have allocated those time for better build up the mystery and/or another criminal case

1 hour ago, yukiyukiku said:

Thinking about JS & YR again... if after all time invested throughout the drama for their budding romance from the beginning till the last eps yesterday whe they still are each other's moral support

(JS backhugged YR when she freaked out listening to the capt's interrogation, and when YR intervened to calm both JS & his Mom at the basement...even the birthdays scene was long enough that they skipped a day's worth of regular working day), there is no romance at all till the end of the drama next week

Then the writer & the PD really waste their time shooting those unnecessary love-budding-scenes

They should have allocated those time for better build up the mystery and/or another criminal case

yes you are right..couldnt agree more..if there is no romance development between JS and YR until the very last episode, they shouldnt give us the budding romance at the first place...

21 minutes ago, cloe said:

yes you are right..couldnt agree more..if there is no romance development between JS and YR until the very last episode, they shouldnt give us the budding romance at the first place...

Exactly

Why they shoot those many scenes if the ending wont have any romantic development at all

Those scenes are a lot...in each & every eps, there's always JS & YR bickering supporting & relying on each other

also betrayal/misunderstanding...then back again to supporting & relying on each other

Not to mention, they add a love rival, Woo Hyuk to the mix

I mean...after all the trouble spending so much time shooting those scenes, then no romance at all

Geezz. PD-nim & Writer-nim...why bother to shoot them in the 1st place then

If that happens, my love of this drama will surely turn to hate :wacko:

44 minutes ago, cloe said:

I think it’s more on companion relationship. Having skinship doesn’t always mean love love (if they are going for that route yeah):joy: Because Like they work together as a group so it’s rather normal to build up that kind of relationship. But if they intended to have the love love relationship thennn something is wrong. 

Instead of this relationship as of now...I’m more focused on...Why does Ma Ri have to be this jealousy just because her mother treated YR better? It’s her own mother, who doesn’t want their daughter to do her best? Then she is out here crying just because she felt like her mother is still looking down on her. It’s still her her her her. All about her her her her. Have she thought about why mother treated YR better? No. Have she thought about why her mother trained her and be strict with her? No.  Have she actually just spare her time and think through why JS broke up with her? No. Instead she calls herself a Monster, which means she doesn’t accept the actuality of her own behaviour, she finds that nothing is wrong. Too self-centre which will be her demise. 

Ma Ri is such a stress maker lol

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

Do you think there will be a kiss? :lol:

Imagine they kiss and it ends :joy: or maybe it’s those like “I have saved you...” They look at each other then *muah* :joy: imagine kissing in front of the Ma Ari Subordinate though:ph34r: Awkward...

There better be. However I only expect romance at the absolute end. Like the last 2 minutes. Have dialed it right down in fact.

And after reading the spoilers decided to not watch this week's episodes till next Tue. I think this calls for a marathon. After all Lieutenant Ha didn't get nicer. I have never seen the actress playing the bad mother made up so badly or beaten down. Might go look for another of her drama to watch it.  Even the actress playing JS mother has been startling. I just wanted to giggle each time I see her playing a coy girl. Never seen her in this role before.

And KJS? Sweetie pie has such cute dimples. I would be happy to see his flashing dimples again. I recall with horror one of MGY's 360 swirling camera last 1 minute of drama kiss. I would rather skip the kiss if the last kiss is bad. I am more invested in trying to work out how those 2 will date with both having such dependants.

Archived