[Drama 2019] Catch The Ghost, 유령을 잡아라

marykarmelina

@ktcjdrama True:crazy:. In fact, if they are making a big deal out of this, why don't they patrol every week or twice for once? The killing has been happening for 2 years and I bet they never investigated that deeply:expressionless:. Now they got a serial killer living in the tunnel. I wonder who the commissioner will blame this time for this. The public would be horrified when they find out about this.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ktcjdrama @lu09  I do think there must have been past mishaps regarding tunnel search that led to the ban of going into the tunnel all together. I thought I remember the Commissioner saying something to that effect to JiSeok. But nevertheless , I think it is ridiculous that they don't have CCTV in the tunnel. There's practically have CCTV everywhere else.  So what do you guys think about the missing sis? I have a feeling she somehow escaped and the Subway ghost is still looking for her - so I have bad feeling now that he thinks she is the sis - so he will be targeting her...

Poor Ji Seok ...when it rain it pours...honestly I think the drama does try to highlight the difficulties of the average person and the flaws of the system. I mean even with a  cops stable salary, it is hard to make ends meet. Considering that JS is serving the nation, isn't there help that he can get for his mum without him having to pay an arm and a leg for private nursing care? Honestly he is such a good son and actually a very kind person. I thought it really sweet he stood by our Miss Overzealous during the disciplinary hearing. Sometimes , it does frustrate me that she doesn't realise that her actions can really cause more problems . But then  again, her gut instincts are more often than not correct and she has saved quite a few people now. 

Preview ...lol , by the end of this Ji Seok would have injured many parts of his body:lol:

29 minutes ago, triplem said:

I do think there must have been past mishaps regarding tunnel search that led to the ban of going into the tunnel all together. I thought I remember the Commissioner saying something to that effect to JiSeok

Someone died because the door wasn’t closed properly. So no more going into the tunnel. They can easily come up with some SOPs about going into the tunnel. Finding a serial killer is more important than guarding “face/image” against making a mistake. Or install CCTV. Or send a drone-like camera/robot :lol: but okay, I get that tension needs to be set up by having this conflicting rules about going into the tunnel. 

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Someone died because the door wasn’t closed properly. So no more going into the tunnel. They can easily come up with some SOPs about going into the tunnel. Finding a serial killer is more important than guarding “face/image” against making a mistake. Or install CCTV. Or send a drone-like camera/robot :lol: but okay, I get that tension needs to be set up by having this conflicting rules about going into the tunnel. 

You’re right, that’s why i find this drama ridiculous. Was excited to watch it but after episode 1, I don’t know if I’ll continue watching it. 

Say what? The commissioner is MR mom:o..... But lady, you can't treat JS harshly just because he dumped your daughter and bailed on a promotion to major crimes. Looks like she knows the real reason but not MR. I'm surprised MR didn't bother to find out the truth and is still holding a grudge. 

JS really knows how to fight but he is holding back in case he gets injured. I was crying along with him when he found his mom and she said she doesn't know how to get home:bawling:

We all knew YR will become a target of the serial killer and she is, in the next episode:weary:. You would think to run and lock the doors when you find your picture on the floor that was taken the other night when it was only her and JS. But no, she took a torch and a map and went to the tunnel:skull:. I was holding my breath until the scene changed to a daylight. She has no fear:crazy:.

@Josh Marquez try watching the 2nd EP and see how it is. This is one of the police dramas that requires logic out of the window lol:sweatingbullets::lol:

‘Catch the ghost’ Moon Geun-young and Kim Sun-ho began to cooperate to catch Oh Dae-hwan

20191029225429943lipa.jpg

The TVN TV drama ‘Catch the Ghost’, which was broadcast on the 29th, contains the appearances of ghosts (Moon Geun-young) and Ko Ji-seok (Kim Sun-ho) who save Choi Do-cheol (Park Ho-san).

The ghost and Ko Ji-seok who discovered Choi Do-cheol’s will fell into chaos. Ko Ji-seok, looking at the photo, came up with a problem with the lenders and the owner of the walnut confectionery.

There were lenders on the subway called bass. The owner of the walnut confectionery located in the subway station was also urged to bass because he couldn’t pay the debt, so the owner of the walnut confection was threatening the bass. The creditor ordered Choi to kill Bas, who was not the owner of the walnut confectionery shop, and Choi aimed at the bass. Ko Ji-seok went to catch two people, but Bass ran away, and Ko Ji-seok and the ghost saved Choi Do-cheol, who almost seemed to be able to commit.

That night, the ghost secretly headed for the tunnel and noticed that someone was hiding in history. Haunted by the tunnel, the ghost searched the tunnel, but nothing. The ghost was eager to remember his brother Eugene.

Wang Shuri station was scheduled to be a promotional ambassador for martial artist Kim Won-tae (Oh Dae-hwan). Kim Won-tae, who came with her fiancée, went to the waiting room to change clothes, and the ghost who guarded the two heard the fiancé’s screams. CCTV confirmed that Kim was attacking her fiancée. Ko Ji-seok and the ghost tried to stop the event and proceed with the date violence investigation, but the upper order instructed to cover it.

20191029225430172vrcn.jpg

However, the ghost did not give up, and Ko Ji-suk tried to find a way, but Kim Hyung-ja (Song Ok-suk) said that he should concentrate on catching grasshoppers. The ghost who believed Ko Ji-seok’s words like this “disappointed the investigation and grabbed the grasshopper” was disappointed. The ghost went to the address with Ko Ji-seok after hearing the information that three men had asked him to make a doll mask until the day before the 30th anniversary.

However, the place where the ghost took Ko Ji-seok is the house where Kim Won-tae and his fiancée live. Ko Ji-seok yelled, “What a big adult is lying to his boss.” “I apologized. At that time, there was a cracking glass inside the house, and Ko Ji-suk decided to cooperate with the ghost. The two arrested Kim Won-tae as the current criminal. However, the fiancée turned to Kim Won-tae’s appeal and gave up the report saying, “I was wrong.”

At that time, Ko Ji-seok and the ghost found out that Kim Won-tae was investigated as a reference to the murder of a former girlfriend’s robbery. The ring was now owned by her fiancée.

cr:catch-the-ghost-moon-geun-young-and-kim-sun

191029 Ratings:  tvN #CatchTheGhost  3.4%

73319808_2604819916220809_36395302297911
Source:naver

6 hours ago, lu09 said:

We all knew YR will become a target of the serial killer and she is, in the next episode

I was actually thinking YR is in danger because of that boxing guy... which is why KJS has to fight him...? I don’t think serial killer will make contact with her this early in the show.

I cried again at the backstory of why KJS decided to join the subway police team. What a sacrifice. His mother is everything to him. Ensuring he is safe and sound is his way of loving his mother...

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was actually thinking YR is in danger because of that boxing guy... which is why KJS has to fight him...? I don’t think serial killer will make contact with her this early in the show.

I cried again at the backstory of why KJS decided to join the subway police team. What a sacrifice. His mother is everything to him. Ensuring he is safe and sound is his way of loving his mother...

I also think it's the boxing guy. He'll probably get released at the beginning of the next episode since they don't have concrete evidence or the higher ups will pressure our team. He'll then want revenge and hurt YR. BTW, that scene was brutal just from the preview, can't imagine how bad it'll be in full length. :grimace: But I also kinda like how they aren't afraid to show that being a police is actually dangerous and not the cotton candy heroesque like they show in other dramas. Didn't expect to see a woman get beat up so brutally in a tvN show, usually OCN takes the cake. Either way, I'll be glad that KJS will awaken and go fight that guy. His motivation to stay safe for his mom is understandable but I also think that he really dislikes being this passive about his job considering that way he was initially. It's clear that he had a lot of passion for his job but had to basically bury it all deep inside him to ensure that he'll be there for his mother at all times.   I really like that they showed this side of him. I other dramas that I watched it was always the female lead, who had to take care of her ill parents but here it's refreshing to see a son caring for his mother. 

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ohh, because in the preview, YR gets attacked in the train and the guy in the black clothing looks similar to the subway ghost. So I just assumed that she became a target lol:sweatingbullets:. But yeah, it's too early. 

He really made a huge sacrifice:bawling:.

Annyeong chinggus,  

I just wanna ask everyone if you happen to know the title of the song used on these scenes. The song that calmed ahjussi.  It is a familiar song but I cant think of the title. I thought it was Sympathy of JJY but it wasn't. Thanks for the answers. :wub:

IMG-20191030-121132.jpg

IMG-20191030-121142.jpg

@stargazer187 I doubt that Subway Ghost and the Grasshopers are the same because there were three podoris who took the wallets. However, both are using the tunnel which means that they know about Subway Police rules: not to go to the tunnel f. ex. 

Furthermore, I've noticed the contrast between MR and YR which explains why KJS is already falling for her and is even throwing over board his rules (don't get too invested, just follow the rules so that you won't get hurt) but he couldn't with MR. MR might have been as determined as YR, yet the latter is not interested in her career. MR's goal was to go as far as possible in their career (getting promoted as quickly as possible) but KJS couldn't follow her as he had to ensure his safety. I can understand why he didn't want to jeopardize his well-being because a career as such is not so important as a loved one. With YR it is different. She is pressuring him because she wants to save people. So her motive is not ambition but sincerity and selflessness. In other words, she is more in tune with KJS who wanted to catch bad people as many as possible. With YR, he is able to realize his "long forgotten dream". Besides, YR has started learning that she needs a partner. So being with KJS, she has changed for the better. I guess, her bad experience with the police had reinforced her perception that she can't rely on anyone. So in the next episode, YR will distance herself from KJS and in my opinion, this is connected to the boxer case. It is also possible that YR will discover KJS's personal situation and will decide that she can't risk his life.

YR's recklesness comes from the fact that she has no family any longer. She lost her twin sister hence she knows that no one will care if she is hurt or even dies. 

Just popping in to say I just marathoned all 4 episodes last night. I had no idea what to expect and I found myself loving this show!!! The hilarious moments had be cracking up out loud and there are some poignant heartwarming moments that made me tear up. I usually stick with light fluffy romances, but this show does a good job of balancing the humor and the darker themes it takes on. Can’t wait for next week!!!! 

Despite my love for mystery K drams, had to abandon it after a mere 3 episodes. The female lead is irredeemably unlikable. She is absurd regardless of how 'talented' she is at mapping out the subway system in her brain. She can just investigate the damn tunnel without that job if finding her sister (and killer) is really the goal. Bad script, bad casting, just BAAAAAAA-DDDD.

16 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Annyeong chinggus,  

I just wanna ask everyone if you happen to know the title of the song used on these scenes. The song that calmed ahjussi.  It is a familiar song but I cant think of the title. I thought it was Sympathy of JJY but it wasn't. Thanks for the answers. :wub:

Hi chingu

I dont know if you still need this, but I saw in IG that the title of the song is "If I were you" by Ahn Chi Wan. 

3 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

There's two options here, she'll find her safe or death. She's been missing for quite long. 

I think the chances of her being alive are pretty slim. In the photo that the Ghost had, she was unconscious and covered in blood. Maybe she managed to escape though with her condition it might've been very difficult to escape the tunnel. 

My guess at the moment: 

Since no body of YJ is found, I think she is still alive, probably managed to escape somehow and somebody rescued her and taking care of her for the time being. Otherwise, she will not be able to fend for herself anyway if she escaped alive. I am guessing Subway Ghost doesn’t know they’re twins and thought YR is YJ, which is why he is eyeing her now, afraid because she has seen his face? Otherwise, why bother to get to YR? It’s not like he has a grudge against the two sisters and has to off both of them? Why the obsession? So he probably wanted to finish the killing he didn’t manage to complete the first time. 

Archived