[Drama 2019] Catch The Ghost, 유령을 잡아라

marykarmelina

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, moonie said:

Hi chingu

I dont know if you still need this, but I saw in IG that the title of the song is "If I were you" by Ahn Chi Wan. 

@moonie No more chingu, somebody told me the title already and I remembered also the Black Kdrama. 

And I heard this the first time singing by JJY in Immortal Songs. That's why this sounds so familiar. 

For the thoughtfulness thanks so much. :wub:

IMG-20191031-213010.jpg

I finished the first episode last night! I love the first episode! I love the leads! It can be super silly sometimes but it's well balanced.  I love how badass and how intelligent the main female lead is. I'm excited to join this subway ride :)

Hi. I have just ended Ep2 and Here is my little pointer for brainstorming..

No one seems to go look around the tunnel..Like the murderer is there...but they did say it’s forbidden to enter and the murderer knows it...I feel somehow, the murderer could be apart of the subway cops or affiliated to them..In which he knows that due to the tunnel being forbidden to enter for the cops, thus he can set his base there. So no one will enter...Was wondering why the subway ghost was wondering around the tunnel this late at night..cause it doesn’t make sense that he is there when there are no subways.. but the wallet...he is both the grasshopper and the subway ghost...

Right now I’m still new to this.. so beg your pardon with there are some plot points in which is still not shown to me :) 

25 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Hi. I have just ended Ep2 and Here is my little pointer for brainstorming..

No one seems to go look around the tunnel..Like the murderer is there...but they did say it’s forbidden to enter and the murderer knows it...I feel somehow, the murderer could be apart of the subway cops or affiliated to them..In which he knows that due to the tunnel being forbidden to enter for the cops, thus he can set his base there. So no one will enter...Was wondering why the subway ghost was wondering around the tunnel this late at night..cause it doesn’t make sense that he is there when there are no subways.. but the wallet...he is both the grasshopper and the subway ghost...

Right now I’m still new to this.. so beg your pardon with there are some plot points in which is still not shown to me :) 

I am also suspecting that the Subway Ghost must be connected to the police. He knows that the police are not allowed to enter the tunnel that's why he can move the bodies during the night. But in my opinion, there could be another clue that the murderer belongs to the police: all the victims received a call before their disappearance. Sure the person used a burner phone, yet the victims didn't know that. The person could have said that he belonged to the Subway police, the victims wouldn't have suspected him at all. This would explain why MR has found no connection between the victims.

Furthermore, I also sense that the subway is the other link. Let just say that all the victims used the subway and Subway Ghost called them telling that they had found something they had lost or that had been stolen. They were asked to retrieve their item and followed the Subway Ghost's instruction. Maybe the Grasshopers are connected to the Subway Ghost but I believe that there are two different people because the Grasshopers is not jst one person, while the Subway Ghost is working on his own. From my point of view, the Subway Ghost knows about the way the Grasshopers operate and use the stolen wallets in order to kill someone.

17 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

From my point of view, the Subway Ghost knows about the way the Grasshopers operate and use the stolen wallets in order to kill someone.

Yes it feels connected. But I still don’t get about EP1’s attacks. Grasshopper apparently stole everyone’s wallet..I feel like it’s a diversion, it feels very complicated...or maybe it’s just a sort of intro and thus it’s not connected? 

And ah..product placements...a man crying out for his 2000 dollars is holding the latest Samsung note phone:) @ktcjdrama @triplem

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

And ah..product placements...a man crying out for his 2000 dollars is holding the latest Samsung note phone:)

It's a known fact that you can't be poor in South Korea without the latest Samsung phone, it'a a mandatory condition, otherwise you're not qualified to be considered a poor/homeless person :joy: But seriously, Samsung has been very aggressive with their PPl. I saw it in so many currently airing dramas it's ridiculous  :lol:

So this is how my week go- Monday and Tuesday, I am running after a cheating husband and want him to be caught! Wednesday and Thursday- I am running after a 'Joker' and want him/her to be caught. Friday and Saturday- I am running after the 'Grasshopper/ Subway Ghost'! That sums up my week very aptly. :w00t:

I love, love the drama. I love the couple. They are adorable together. The stories are heartfelt. Although, episode wasn't as good as Episodes 1 & 2, I think Episode 4 kind of made up for my disappointment. Domestic Violence must be talked about, people must be made aware of! It is not a 'sign' of love. Many women / men might mistake it for love and make excuses for such an unacceptable behaviour. That's why it must be talked about.

Anyway, talking about our adorable couple, they do complement each other. Go Ji-seok back story is heartbreaking. Yes, to be the head of a family, we often make so may sacrifices, all too willingly giving up everything we aspired for, even eating a humble pie just so that we can take care of our families. My heart broke a little when the reasons for him being so overtly cautious were revealed. Poor , poor GJS. Also, can he be less cute? It is refreshing to see such 'open' characters. Yong Shik from When the Camellia Blooms is another such character who seems too sincere and open about his feelings. And both of these actors have won my heart with such amazing acting. I have become a big fan of theirs and would certainly look forward to their dramas in future. This is my first time watching them both. 

Moon Geun-young, She is such a versatile actress. I can't stop admiring her for choosing varied projects. I caught up with some of her work and I was sooooo impressed. I loved her already after My Little Bride. I loved her some more after watching Innocent Steps and Love Me Not. TBH, I have watched That Winter The Wind Blows. I watched it only for Jo In Sung after he was so good with Gong Hyo-jin in It's Okay, That's Love. Although TWTHB has a beautiful cast and amazingly shot, breathtaking location and cinematography , somehow it failed to impress me and tug at my heartstrings, unlike Love me Not which in my opinion seems much more 'sincere'. That word again! I mean it wasn't out to leave my senses in 'awe' like TWTB. It seemed a little more sincere, that's it. 

Anyway, not digressing anymore, I am enjoying the 'blooming' romance between the two leads. It's slowly making it's way into   GJS' heart, and he seems to be quite oblivious to the fact. I think the reason why When the Camellia and Catch The Ghost score over shows is because the episodes are peppered with action, drama, comedy and romance. There's never a dull moment and no single emotion takes over the show.

Feel like this series painted the police outside of the subway/metro cops as incompetent...

I really enjoy all four episodes and that I love the ML’s background. I do hope that ML realised that sometimes we got to step over our boundaries to grow stronger & to achieve the goal. I see FL as (+) ML as (-) they are like a magnet. So slowly but surely, they will be equal..so FL will not be excessively aggressive and know what are the limits and ML will be a little bit more adventurous to save the day. Thus at the end they will mix very well.

But I have questions regarding EP 5’s trailer...So like the Subway Ghost have attacked FL. Then the boxer who punched the guy in the boxing ring..is it our ML? Or is it someone else?

And the ring that is underneath the drawers. I can’t wait for them to find that out. That ring could be from the boxer’s ex girlfriend who died!  

[ARTICLE] 191103 'Catch the Ghost' unveils set of special subway rooms '100% realistic'

76751799_2613197705383030_29978252348846

As tvN's "Catch the Ghost" is based on a special place called the subway, it will steal the eyes of the viewers by unveiling a set that perfectly recreates the interior of the subway room.

On November 3, "Catch the Ghost" revealed the details of it's powerful set which also includes the subway station's office of Yooryung and Go Ji Seok whose in charge of the incident in the subway. It's a 100% specially produced reality set for "Catch the Ghost" featuring the subway and subway police officers.

The "Catch the Ghost" set in Anseong, Gyeonggi Province, was created by art director Lee Kang-hyun, who broke the normal trade of genre through his previous work for tvN's drama "Confession". He displayed simple aesthetics by cutting down real-world design drawings and the Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation, with the same model as a real-world urban railway vehicle. It focused on reality reminiscent of real subways, such as headlights, emergency escape doors as well as route indicators, train number indicators and subway lines in the room, to revive the characteristics of the place in "Catch the Ghost."

In addition, it is where the actual filming took place. The filming of "Catch the Ghost" took place in a total of 15 locations in Seoul including Gyeonggi-do, Digital Media City Station, Yangjae Citizens' Forest, Jeongok Station, Gyeongwon Line, Bucheon Stadium, and Shin Jung-dong Station. In particular, the hideout of the "Serial Killer" subway ghost, which appears as the most important place in the drama was filmed in Sinseol-dong and the underground tunnel in Okcheon, North Chungcheong Province which embodied a virtual place beyond the screen door.

The Seowoon Provincial Police Agency used Siheung City Hall. The main filming location of the Metropolitan Investigation Unit, which is the workplace of Ha Mari and Kim Woo-hyuk is located in Paju, Gyeonggi Province. In this way, viewers are expected to be able to immerse themselves in "Catch the Ghost" with more realistic through the completed set after a delicate review and discussion.

The production team said, "Although it is a virtual place, it becomes the main stage of the drama, as the set was completed with the advice from experts to be able to create a breathing space for reality. We hope this will make the eyes of the viewers more enjoyable in the future."

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000197374
Trans by: mgyifc

[ARTICLE] 191102 'Catch the Ghost' Moon Geun Young and Kim Seon Ho's chemistry explodes at the tvN Interview

74385458_2611701732199294_26394128726181

Moon Geun-young and Kim Seon-ho showed off their sweet moods at the tvN Interview.

The interview was released on Friday for tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama "Catch the Ghost" shows the chemistry of Moon Geun-young and Kim Seon-ho also known as GoYoo Couple (Unique Couple, Go Ji Seok + Yoo Ryung).

In the video, Moon Geun-young and Kim Seon-ho engage in a cute argument, from eating to traveling to dating style, which can only be an imaginary comedy. However, the two people's eccentric heart is slowly catching up. In the question of '3 days sleep vs eating without rest', the two chose to sleep. When asked about the unexpected beauty of each other, Moon Geun Young said that Kim Seon Ho is cute like a dog. Kim Seon Ho showed his affection to Moon Geun Young by referring her as a straightforward person.

The GoYoo (Unique) Couple's TMI (Too Much Information) adds excitement and raising expectations and interests for Moon Geun-young and Kim Seon-ho's acting and chemistry which will be unfolded in 'Catch the Ghost'.

The production team of 'Catch the Ghost' said, "Moon Geun Young and Kim Seon Ho showed 100% synchro with their character through perfect interpretation of acting on the actual shooting site. Even though Yoo Ryung and Go Ji Seok are opposite to each other, they fill each other's shortcomings, they are giving more brilliant chemistry when they are together. Please look forward to the performance of the two people who will become even better in the future."

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003230441
Trans by: mgyifc

#MoonGeunYoung #문근영 #유령을잡아라 #CatchTheGhost #KimSeonHo #김선호

4 hours ago, Sushimi said:

But I have questions regarding EP 5’s trailer...So like the Subway Ghost have attacked FL. Then the boxer who punched the guy in the boxing ring..is it our ML? Or is it someone else?

I think it was the boxer who attacked YR to take revenge for messing with him and JS later went to have a boxing match with the boxer after what happened to YR. It was definitely him in the boxing ring.

Edit: I'm slow, just noticed that the title is a play on words, because the FL's name is Yoo Ryung and the romanized title is Yuryeongeul jabara  - Catch the Ghost / Catch Yoo Ryung :lol: Pretty funny if you think about it, YR is always trying to catch the Subway Ghost and JS always tries to catch YR before she does something stupid. 

11 minutes ago, nateko said:

I think it was the boxer who attacked YR to take revenge for messing with him and JS later went to have a boxing match with the boxer after what happened to YR. It was definitely him in the boxing ring.

The way he shouted (JS) looks like some lover refusing to let go :joy:

14 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

The way he shouted (JS) looks like some lover refusing to let go :joy:

Welp, that would be one hell of a twist in the story :joy: 

This scene had my dying of laughter :D seems like the crew was having a blast too

They are so cute :wub:

I've got some spoilers for us

Spoiler

YR in a hospital gown. Looks like she was really badly hurt. Hope JS kicks the boxers richard simmonsv56Dp7Y.jpg

Spoiler

They went to a dance school. Maybe prepping for an undercover operation

E0KLV8S.jpg 

RmyMeYf.jpg 

Spoiler

Our gang undercover B) MGY looks awesome

ffatwM6.jpg 

Archived