Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty 梦回大清

Recommended Posts

Wow so interesting reading about the history, thanks for sharing! I’m going to do a bit of googling now haha I get so swept up in the drama that I forget these characters are based on real people. It is really quiet fascinating and I love these time travel type dramas for that reason, being able to see the contrast between  then and now.

 

I have really been enjoying this drama. I tend not to get so swept up in the whole aspects of the time travelling and palace politics when the romance is strong (I am a hopeless romantic after all). I’ve never been a huge fan of fake deaths though so hopefully that doesn’t go on for too long.. I really like both the 13th prince and 4th prince, they each could have been the lead in different dramas. Both are veryyy handsome too.

 

Will be interesting to see how this drama ends. It’s not a remake of scarlet heart is it? Hopefully we get an ending with both of our leads in the same era with no memory loss and able to actually live happily together. It’s a fantasy drama after all so I’m sure it could work somehow right? :rolleyes:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, monchoo said:

 

Awww...love that his royal highness is shipping them as well now! She looks so pretty walking down the aisle and 13th prince's beaming smile is so precious! :wub:

 

I thought it was hilarious that the other princes had no idea the new bride would be Xiao Wei. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, monchoo said:

 

@monchoo Did you see 13th's smirk? How did he know it'll be Xiao Wei? All Kang Xi said was, it'll be this (I assume to be general's daughter), who only have sons. He didn't have a daughter. :joy:

 

@J13 Although it's based on real people in history the drama twisted the characters a bit. Not everything is true in history though. No, it's similar to Scarlet heart, but not close. I'm also looking forward to the ending too! It seems to be a time traveling and reincarnation type drama. Remember Sister Hui (in present time), she looks like the reincarnation of Ming Hui. When Xiao Wei's soul float back to the present time, Sister Hui mentioned how she doesn't know why she had this strong dislike for Xiao Wei when she first came to the office. Now, I understand it's because of their past. Everything seems to fit. The romance between Xiao Chun and crown prince continued in present time. The same for 13th and Xiao Wei, it appears. It seems the Modern Xiao Chun is more outgoing than the historian Xiao Chun though. However, I liked how Xiao Chun and Xiao Wei are best friends in modern times. It's like they continued their friendship from history. This drama makes me think about the people I am involved with now. It makes me think, the close friends I have now, is it because of a past we shared together. lol. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@taeunfighting My thoughts on the story so far including episode 25 and 26 and the trailers. 

 

Spoiler

I really enjoyed the drama so far. I feel it's like a combination of time traveling and reincarnation. The old granny that we saw at the beginning of the drama makes me wonder if she is 7 leaves? I wonder if they'll ever explain who she is. However, if it really is 7 leaves, how is she alive for 300 years? 

 

Also how the beginning of the drama shows 13th prince time traveling? Once Xiao Wei dies and return to present time, how will they show 13th again? It can't be his historian self again? If they show his reincarnation self, like how they did with Xiao Qiu and Crown prince, it'll be weird... it won't match the whole why 13th sleeps and dreams of time traveling 300 years. It seems this drama made it in a way where the ancient times and modern times are happening at the same time? It makes me think if this is true, then our preset time and our future time must be existing at the same time too. 

 

I want more sweet moments between our leads. I dislike the evil plots happening. Oh man, the scene where Xiao Wei got hanged upside down, and also when 13th got crippled because of Ming Hui's plot? I like how she made a wheelchair for him though. I'm curious to know how Xiao Wei died at such a young age and be transported back to present time. 

 

I have been checking every day to see if there are more clips about the future episodes. Also did you noticed Li Land Di lost weight? I saw a few clips of her lately. When I compared it to the drama, I noticed she lost a lot of weight. She looks super skinny now compared to the chubbiness she had throughout the drama. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 11:41 PM, taeunfighting said:
  Hide contents

 

Since Xiao Wei’s soul floated momentarily back to the present, it must be happening because she is unconscious in both the past and the present. She went back to the past as soon as she woke up for the first time from the poison. To me, it does not seem like a dream either, but more like she is really teleporting between times through her consciousness. Similar to how 13th prince did in which the professor said was possible. Also, since it appears there is a “reincarnation” of the Xiao Chun, Ming Hui, crown prince and 9th prince in the present, maybe there is hope for a 13th prince as well? 

I understand that she’s teleporting to the past but what I don’t understand and wondering is if he reincarnated? If he did reincarnated then there wouldn’t be this story of them teleporting from past to present and present to past. Unless they’re going to make it like how her soul went into Ming Wei when she died. Will the reincarnated 13th prince died and his soul go into his? That’s what I’m thinking now....lol. Too much assumption with this story. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RealityDream said:

 

@J13 Although it's based on real people in history the drama twisted the characters a bit. Not everything is true in history though. No, it's similar to Scarlet heart, but not close. I'm also looking forward to the ending too! It seems to be a time traveling and reincarnation type drama. Remember Sister Hui (in present time), she looks like the reincarnation of Ming Hui. When Xiao Wei's soul float back to the present time, Sister Hui mentioned how she doesn't know why she had this strong dislike for Xiao Wei when she first came to the office. Now, I understand it's because of their past. Everything seems to fit. The romance between Xiao Chun and crown prince continued in present time. The same for 13th and Xiao Wei, it appears. It seems the Modern Xiao Chun is more outgoing than the historian Xiao Chun though. However, I liked how Xiao Chun and Xiao Wei are best friends in modern times. It's like they continued their friendship from history. This drama makes me think about the people I am involved with now. It makes me think, the close friends I have now, is it because of a past we shared together. lol. 

 
Oh yes of course, most movies/tv shows based on history tend to incorporate fiction to the storyline. I just tend to forget that the characters I am watching are based on real life people (the king and princes in this drama are who I am referring to and googled lol).

 

Most likely reincarnation, just strange that the 13th prince appears to have actually time travelled back in time. Unless that’s his soul that travelled to the future who initially met XW? Makes me wonder where the future reincarnated 13th prince is. I guess if it is reincarnation with a twist (with the time travel aspect) then hopefully they get to keep their memories in the future but then they lost them in the past so perhaps this was how their past really happened and they are just fated to meet again in future? Now I’m overthinking it haha

 

I'm the same! Haha I start looking at my family and close friends like perhaps we knew each other during each of our previous lives too lol

 

So judging by the above comments, Viki is behind on episodes? Where are people watching the current episodes? YouTube? I’m getting a bit hooked so keen to watch the new episodes even if they aren’t subbed yet. Thank you kindly in advance! :blush:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RealityDream said:

@taeunfighting My thoughts on the story so far including episode 25 and 26 and the trailers. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I really enjoyed the drama so far. I feel it's like a combination of time traveling and reincarnation. The old granny that we saw at the beginning of the drama makes me wonder if she is 7 leaves? I wonder if they'll ever explain who she is. However, if it really is 7 leaves, how is she alive for 300 years? 

 

Also how the beginning of the drama shows 13th prince time traveling? Once Xiao Wei dies and return to present time, how will they show 13th again? It can't be his historian self again? If they show his reincarnation self, like how they did with Xiao Qiu and Crown prince, it'll be weird... it won't match the whole why 13th sleeps and dreams of time traveling 300 years. It seems this drama made it in a way where the ancient times and modern times are happening at the same time? It makes me think if this is true, then our preset time and our future time must be existing at the same time too. 

 

I want more sweet moments between our leads. I dislike the evil plots happening. Oh man, the scene where Xiao Wei got hanged upside down, and also when 13th got crippled because of Ming Hui's plot? I like how she made a wheelchair for him though. I'm curious to know how Xiao Wei died at such a young age and be transported back to present time. 

 

I have been checking every day to see if there are more clips about the future episodes. Also did you noticed Li Land Di lost weight? I saw a few clips of her lately. When I compared it to the drama, I noticed she lost a lot of weight. She looks super skinny now compared to the chubbiness she had throughout the drama. 

 

 

 

I have seen 25 and 26, including the previews, too. About your thoughts...

 

Spoiler

 

Oh, I never thought about the possibility of the grannie being the reincarnation of Qi Xiang. Now that you mention it, it would only make sense that she has to be someone who knows about 13th prince and Xiao Wei’s connection and the significance of the lantern(s) so I’d say it’s possible! Not sure how it could be explained why she would be so much older either. The only thing I can think of is that their reincarnations happened at different points in time and it’s this lifetime when their fates have crossed each other again. I can't imagine the grannie not re-appearing again. I feel she is the key person who can explain everything to Xiao Wei (and us).

 

About if and how 13th may appear in the present again permanently, I am stumped! The only thing I can think of is that 13th prince teleported to the present while both versions of him in the past and present were sleeping at the "same time". His present self may be wondering whether his "dreams" encountering Xiao Wei as 13th prince (seen in the beginning) are real as he has not met her yet. With that said, he may not have full memories of himself as 13th prince in the past. Since Xiao Wei is in the past for an extended period time, her present self must be unconscious. She have had an accident of some sort while trying to leave the Forbidden City.

 

I think there will be some sweet scenes, but unfortunately, not as much as before. As the story progresses from here to the end, it is inevitable that the power struggle and jealousy toward Xiao Wei will make the couples’ lives more difficult in the palace. The remainder of their scenes together may be more about them protecting and supporting each other.

 

I am totally dreading the part where Xiao Wei dies and leaves 13th prince in the past. Will need to have tissue boxes ready. I could wrong, but I think she will likely die of health reasons. My guess is that she never fully recovered from the poison and it unknowingly got deep into her bones and sadly, is irreversible. It will be upsetting if her death is at the hands of the antagonists though.

 

I have no insight about her weight. She does look a bit different from character and real life, but I thought it had to do with the costuming.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

 

I have seen 25 and 26, including the previews, too. About your thoughts...

 

  Hide contents

 

Oh, I never thought about the possibility of the grannie being the reincarnation of Qi Xiang. Now that you mention it, it would only make sense that she has to be someone who knows about 13th prince and Xiao Wei’s connection and the significance of the lantern(s) so I’d say it’s possible! Not sure how it could be explained why she would be so much older either. The only thing I can think of is that their reincarnations happened at different points in time and it’s this lifetime when their fates have crossed each other again. I can't imagine the grannie not re-appearing again. I feel she is the key person who can explain everything to Xiao Wei (and us).

 

About if and how 13th may appear in the present again permanently, I am stumped! The only thing I can think of is that 13th prince teleported to the present while both versions of him in the past and present were sleeping at the "same time". His present self may be wondering whether his "dreams" encountering Xiao Wei as 13th prince (seen in the beginning) are real as he has not met her yet. With that said, he may not have full memories of himself as 13th prince in the past. Since Xiao Wei is in the past for an extended period time, her present self must be unconscious. She have had an accident of some sort while trying to leave the Forbidden City.

 

I think there will be some sweet scenes, but unfortunately, not as much as before. As the story progresses from here to the end, it is inevitable that the power struggle and jealousy toward Xiao Wei will make the couples’ lives more difficult in the palace. The remainder of their scenes together may be more about them protecting and supporting each other.

 

I am totally dreading the part where Xiao Wei dies and leaves 13th prince in the past. Will need to have tissue boxes ready. I could wrong, but I think she will likely die of health reasons. My guess is that she never fully recovered from the poison and it unknowingly got deep into her bones and sadly, is irreversible. It will be upsetting if her death is at the hands of the antagonists though.

 

I have no insight about her weight. She does look a bit different from character and real life, but I thought it had to do with the costuming.

 

 

 

@taeunfighting

 

Spoiler

Oh man! What a twist! I'm really curious when 13th will remember his time traveling event to the present. I saw a scene in one of the MV's, where he buried this object (not sure what it is, looks like a big apricorn) under the tree he planted for Xiao Wei. Perhaps, he put it there after she passed away. There were also scenes where she re-walked the paths they walked together to reminisce the memories of him. I didn't see any scenes of them meeting in the future. I wonder if they'll show some glimpse of them. 

 

I agree! There's not many sweet scenes anymore. I did saw a scene where 13th got upset with 4th during the power struggle, but towards the end, he came back and joined forces with 4th. 4th said "Welcome back" to 13th. 

 

I did noticed her scenes in the next few trailer episodes shows she got thinner than the beginning. You can see it in her face. She wasn't fat, but she had a round face. I'm not sure if its the angle of the camera or the costume, but her face looks smaller, so does her frame. 

 

Two more days until this week's episode! In the next episode, is her name changed and betroth to 13th again. Did you noticed 13th was smiling when Kang Xi announced he'll betroth him a new wife? It's as if he knew it'll be Xiao Wei. It's so weird how he knows. Don't you think so? 

 

The story is unfolding slowly. It sucks that they only air 6 episodes per week. They should air more!! :(  All of these time waiting sucks! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, J13 said:

 
Oh yes of course, most movies/tv shows based on history tend to incorporate fiction to the storyline. I just tend to forget that the characters I am watching are based on real life people (the king and princes in this drama are who I am referring to and googled lol).

 

Most likely reincarnation, just strange that the 13th prince appears to have actually time travelled back in time. Unless that’s his soul that travelled to the future who initially met XW? Makes me wonder where the future reincarnated 13th prince is. I guess if it is reincarnation with a twist (with the time travel aspect) then hopefully they get to keep their memories in the future but then they lost them in the past so perhaps this was how their past really happened and they are just fated to meet again in future? Now I’m overthinking it haha

 

I'm the same! Haha I start looking at my family and close friends like perhaps we knew each other during each of our previous lives too lol

 

So judging by the above comments, Viki is behind on episodes? Where are people watching the current episodes? YouTube? I’m getting a bit hooked so keen to watch the new episodes even if they aren’t subbed yet. Thank you kindly in advance! :blush:

 

@J13

 

This is where I watch them. They're all in RAW episodes: http://tv8.fun/梦回/    

I live in the United States on the West Coast, so every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday by like 4-5AM PST, the episodes are up. 

 

Haha! I'm glad we share the same thoughts regarding how we look at our family and friends because of this drama. At some point, I did thought of reading the novel, but then because this drama diverted from the novel, it's pointless to read the novel anyways. 

 

I enjoy chinese dramas that have a bunch of cute handsome guys. LOL. This drama hit the spot! 

Did you see their behind the scenes clips? How the actors and actresses act are completely different from the drama. 14th in real life or in the behind the scenes acts completely different from how he portray his role in the drama. I really like how they're all friends! 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RealityDream said:

 

@monchoo Did you see 13th's smirk? How did he know it'll be Xiao Wei? All Kang Xi said was, it'll be this (I assume to be general's daughter), who only have sons. He didn't have a daughter. :joy:

 

 

Everyone is going gaga over Way! Both of them just so cute together and the pairing is almost the same age thus making them look great! Yes, he knows that KangXi is betrothing Xiao Wei to him again as the daughter of another minister.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J13 said:

Wow so interesting reading about the history, thanks for sharing! I’m going to do a bit of googling now haha I get so swept up in the drama that I forget these characters are based on real people. It is really quiet fascinating and I love these time travel type dramas for that reason, being able to see the contrast between  then and now.

 

I have really been enjoying this drama. I tend not to get so swept up in the whole aspects of the time travelling and palace politics when the romance is strong (I am a hopeless romantic after all). I’ve never been a huge fan of fake deaths though so hopefully that doesn’t go on for too long.. I really like both the 13th prince and 4th prince, they each could have been the lead in different dramas. Both are veryyy handsome too.

 

Will be interesting to see how this drama ends. It’s not a remake of scarlet heart is it? Hopefully we get an ending with both of our leads in the same era with no memory loss and able to actually live happily together. It’s a fantasy drama after all so I’m sure it could work somehow right? :rolleyes:

 

 

 

This is not a remake of Scarlet Heart, but a separate story based on a different novel. The source novel for this drama was published in 2004  a year before Scarlet Heart novel came out. The 2 novels/dramas are similar in that they are both set in the Kangxi period and involve a heroine from the modern day who gets sent back in time and gets involved with the princes. Here is an article about the drama and the source novel: http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/12/dream-back-to-qing-dynasty.html

 

I also hope that we get a happy ending for this drama. I'd be satisfied if the 2 leads can just meet each other and be together in the present day, regardless if they remember the past or not. 

  •  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RealityDream thanks so much for sharing the link! I haven’t watched any bts clips but will definitely start to. I actually only just started this drama a couple of days ago but really enjoying it so far and I can see this drama becoming one of those ones I always rewatch (provided we get a happy ending of course lol) :blush: definitely hit the jackpot with this one having so much eye candy right :wub::wub: 

 

@Table122000 thanks for sharing! Agreed, any kind of happy ending would be great. I do hope we get some end scenes of them actually being happy together in the present or even past though, rather than an open ending.

 

I will need to wait for the subbed episodes to fully understand what’s going on but I’m really hoping that we get heaps of sweet scenes between our leads. Often dramas draw you in with the romance then focus on the other storyline’s during the mid-later half. For me, I prefer for dramas to focus more on the leads with the other storyline’s remaining on the sidelines, so hopefully the palace politics don’t take up so much time (although I am doubtful). It’s quiet sad seeing the bothers fight for the throne but that’s the reality of those times after all.   
 

MH is a pain.. I know we need these kind of conniving manipulating characters especially in these type of dramas to add to the story but my goodness, she’s just an awful jealous person isn’t she. She seems to really be falling for the 14th prince but her ambitions will destroy her. 14th prince is still redeemable, he will try and protect XW I reckon even if his actions occur towards the end but this will only add to MH’s jealousy and spite fullness, so really not looking forward to that..I watched a few teasers and bits of the next episodes and is it just me or does MH and the 14th prince have a quiet a bit of screen time? Although I get that we need to see their characters develop, I hope this doesn’t overshadow our lead couple. I’ve seen this occur in so many other dramas though so hopefully the focus remains on our leads and the 4th prince.
 

The past/present aspects are quiet interesting here. I had actually planned on just skimming through the drama to admire the eye candy and watch our sweet leads but I am finding the time travel interesting. It’s as though both past and present are playing out at the same time when our leads are asleep and yet the characters appear to also be reincarnated. I do find it strange though that XW’s soul? travelled back to the future when she died in the past yet no one could see her there. Kind of as though she belongs in the past now like when 13th prince first travelled to the future and he was more like an apparition. That brings to my mind that it’s strange that XW is always a proper solid person when she’s in the past. I wonder if there’s only one time period occurring for our leads and if they’ll end up in the same time period in the end together. If it is reincarnation, I really do hope they retain some of their memories together. 
 

I read a comment suggesting that the older lady might be XW. Rewatching some of the scenes makes me believe this could be a possibility and the older XW perhaps wants the younger XW to change things in the past to better her future maybe..
 

Anywho just some of my random thoughts lol I’m really enjoying this drama and looking forward to seeing our main couple overcome everything to hopefully have a happy ending together.
 

Oh and whoever is commenting about the main girls weight is crazy! She’s beautiful and you can see she’s not a big girl (not like there’s anything wrong with that anyways), if anything it’s the costumes cos she’s quiet petite but regardless, stop with the body shaming!

 

Sorry for the long post!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RealityDream said:

taeunfighting

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Oh man! What a twist! I'm really curious when 13th will remember his time traveling event to the present. I saw a scene in one of the MV's, where he buried this object (not sure what it is, looks like a big apricorn) under the tree he planted for Xiao Wei. Perhaps, he put it there after she passed away. There were also scenes where she re-walked the paths they walked together to reminisce the memories of him. I didn't see any scenes of them meeting in the future. I wonder if they'll show some glimpse of them. 

 

I agree! There's not many sweet scenes anymore. I did saw a scene where 13th got upset with 4th during the power struggle, but towards the end, he came back and joined forces with 4th. 4th said "Welcome back" to 13th. 

 

I did noticed her scenes in the next few trailer episodes shows she got thinner than the beginning. You can see it in her face. She wasn't fat, but she had a round face. I'm not sure if its the angle of the camera or the costume, but her face looks smaller, so does her frame. 

 

Two more days until this week's episode! In the next episode, is her name changed and betroth to 13th again. Did you noticed 13th was smiling when Kang Xi announced he'll betroth him a new wife? It's as if he knew it'll be Xiao Wei. It's so weird how he knows. Don't you think so? 

 

The story is unfolding slowly. It sucks that they only air 6 episodes per week. They should air more!! :(  All of these time waiting sucks! 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

When Xiao Wei goes back to the lake in the present in this MV, did you ever notice why she is smiling at the 1:17 mark?

 

 

Not sure if it’s the editing, but it appears she sees 13th prince, but he looks more an illusion or him teleporting to the present once more momentarily. Otherwise, I have not seen any scenes of them meeting in the future. I’m sure production wants to keep the ending tight-lipped and leave viewers wondering about the ending until the very end. Haha.

 

I actually wonder if 4th and 13th prince will pretend to have a fallout to throw off their enemies - that 4th prince’s ally is seemingly weak without 13th prince.

 

When Xiao Wei was known to be alive and arrested, 13th prince went to the emperor with a proposal for him to expose the real culprit (8th prince) causing the discord between the crown prince and the princes. His strategy was to save Xiao Wei. He convinced the emperor that continuing to punish Xiao Wei as the scapegoat will only allow the culprit to continue to scheme and prolong disorder. He gifted the emperor a scale saying that the better option is to expose the real culprit in order to restore balance and peace. It was unspoken, but if 13th prince was successful, the emperor would let Xiao Wei free. I think this is why 13th prince knew his new bride would be Xiao Wei once 8th prince’s ambitions for crown’s prince’s title were exposed.

 

I actually don’t mind the wait for new episodes, but this one would have been a great one to binge!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, just want to say thank you to everyone here for all of your thoughts, analyses, etc. about this drama. Also thanks for the videos, gifs,  reviews, information background, etc.    I have to admit I am finding the time travel logic a bit difficult to understand so I appreciate everyone's analysis. I am watching this drama very slowly as I have to watch each episode several times at different sites with the different translations of the subs in order to understand what is going on. Viki, Kukan and WeTV all have varying translations. So far I have watched to Ep. 7. I'm still not clear on exactly how the time traveling works and who is the old lady in the present day Forbidden Palace, and what is her role/function in this drama.  The drama also seems to be exploring reincarnation or dopplegangers since several characters in the present day are showing up in the past as well. 

@J13 Yes, I agree with you and hope that we will get definite scenes of the OTP living happily in the present at the end of the drama rather than a more open ending, but from my past experience watching these "time travel" type of dramas they usually end with the OTP  just meeting each other . 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

 

  Hide contents

 

When Xiao Wei goes back to the lake in the present in this MV, did you ever notice why she is smiling at the 1:17 mark?

 

 

Not sure if it’s the editing, but it appears she sees 13th prince, but he looks more an illusion or him teleporting to the present once more momentarily. Otherwise, I have not seen any scenes of them meeting in the future. I’m sure production wants to keep the ending tight-lipped and leave viewers wondering about the ending until the very end. Haha.

 

I actually wonder if 4th and 13th prince will pretend to have a fallout to throw off their enemies - that 4th prince’s ally is seemingly weak without 13th prince.

 

When Xiao Wei was known to be alive and arrested, 13th prince went to the emperor with a proposal for him to expose the real culprit (8th prince) causing the discord between the crown prince and the princes. His strategy was to save Xiao Wei. He convinced the emperor that continuing to punish Xiao Wei as the scapegoat will only allow the culprit to continue to scheme and prolong disorder. He gifted the emperor a scale saying that the better option is to expose the real culprit in order to restore balance and peace. It was unspoken, but if 13th prince was successful, the emperor would let Xiao Wei free. I think this is why 13th prince knew his new bride would be Xiao Wei once 8th prince’s ambitions for crown’s prince’s title were exposed.

 

I actually don’t mind the wait for new episodes, but this one would have been a great one to binge!

 

 

 

Spoiler

Oh yea! I saw that scene. I was thinking she misses 13th so she retraces the paths they shared together. My heart aches for them. There was the scene where she passed away under the cherry blossom (I believe) and he looked so heartbroken hugging her and crying at the same time. You can also see the lantern ruby's lighting up too at the side. I hope the ending is not just the two leads seeing each other in the present. I want a more ending than that. At least tell us who the old lady is. Some said it is Xiao Wei, but I'm like, how can that be? In Ep 4, it shows the old lady suddenly disappearing after the travelers blocked her. I was thinking its either some god fairy, or it's Qi Xiang.

 

I also find it a bit creepy why Xiao Wei was the only one that got lost in the Forbidden City over and over, like she's walking in a maze. Then, when she first met the old lady, the old lady said "You're late!" What does she mean by that? 

 

I can't wait to go to bed and then wake up to watch the next episode! Everyday I would look at the Tecent website to see if there's any new behind the scenes or clips. It's getting less and less. The wait is such a torture! 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@taeunfighting 

 

 
 
 
 
 
3
Spoiler

I'm sad that there's minimal cute interactions among the two leads for this weeks episode. For Ep 35 & 36 trailer, I noticed Consort De told 4th to kill 13th's wife. Why does Kang Xi or Consort De want her dead? I don't quite understand this. She has nothing to do with the power struggle among the princes. Perhaps she realized this after and chose to poison herself with 13th accompanying her? It also seems like she told 13th that she is not Ming Wei, as shown in Ep 33 and 34 trailers since he was saying how Ming Hui pushed both Ming Wei and her cousin off the hill. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...