Writer: Lee Byung Hun, Kim Young-Young

OST

part 1 Kwon Jin Ah - Up

part 2 Shin In Ryu - Undecided

part 3 Jang Bum Joon - Your Shampoo Scent In the Flowers

part 4  Yoo Seung Woo - It's a Lie

part 5 Ha Hyunsang (하현상) - Moonlight

part 6 ZEEBOMB- Far From Melo

part 7 Chun Woo hee & An Jae hong- Your Shampoo Scent In The Flowers" (Actors Ver.)

SAya &Jaeyeon- Your Shampoo Scent In the Flower (Ballad ver)

Plot

Im Jin Joo (Chun Woo Hee) , Lee Eun Jung (Jeon Yeo Bin) and Hwang Han Joo (Han Ji Eun) are best friends who are all 30-years-old.
Hwang Han Joo is the head of a marketing team for a drama production company. She is a single mother who struggles to balance her work and personal life as she is raising a kid.
Im Jin Joo is a drama writer with a lot of emotional ups and downs. Her personality is a unique, talking to a luxurious purse at times. Even though she is a drama writer, she tries to write her scripts in a literary style.
Lee Eun Jung is a documentary director. She runs her own production company, although she's the only employee. One of her documentaries surprisingly becomes popular overnight. [MyDramaList]

Notes

Actor Oh Seung Yun who played the role of Lee Hyoung Bong was removed from the drama. The staff will be reshooting all scenes from episodes 1 to 14 that Oh Seung Yun filmed. The premiere date has been delayed to August 9 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Actor Yoon Ji On was cast to replace Oh Seung Yun in the drama.

Cast

Chun Woo Hee as Im Jin Joo

20190805165457.png

Jeon Yeo Bin as Lee Eun Jung

20190729153417.png

Han Ji Eun as Hwang Han Joo

20190729153525.png

Gong Myung as Chu Jae Hoon

20190729153636.png

Ahn Jae Hong as Son Bum Soo

20190729153554.png

Lee Joo Bin as Lee So-min

Yoon Ji On  as Lee Hyo Bong

Baek Ji- Won as Jung Hye-Jung

Heo Joon Seok as Seo Dong-Gi

Kim Young Ah as Lee So-Jin

Seol Woo-Hyung as Hwang In-Kook

Cameo:

Honey Lee (ep1)

Jin Seon Kyu (ep 1)

Kim Do Yeon (ep2-3)

Son Seok-Koo as Sang-Soo (ep 10)

Lee Hak-Joo as No Seung-Hyo (ep 1)

Jung So Min (ep 16)

Kim Il Joong

Kim Kiri

Seo Tae Hoon

Tony Ahn

Jeon Ji-hye (aka Lady Jane)

Character Chart:

20190802_180118_2909.jpg

Posters:

201908082035088105_1.jpg

Spoiler

Chun-Woo-Hee1.jpg

Jeon-Yeo-Bin.jpg

Han-Ji-Eun.jpg

Ahn-Jae-Hong1.jpg

Gong-Myung1.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTI

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chun Woo Hee In Talks For New Drama By “Twenty” Director

376224763db945b592e134c34a3255dc.jpeg?s=

Chun Woo Hee is considering her first JTBC drama!

On January 16, a source from JTBC revealed, “Director Lee Byung Hun’s new drama ‘Melo is My Nature’ (literal translation) has been added to our program schedule for the latter half of the year,” and added, “Chun Woo Hee is reviewing an offer for the drama.”

Earlier reports stated that “Melo is My Nature” is a drama remake of the 2014 film “Twenty,” which starred Kim Woo Bin, 2PM’s Junho, and Kang Ha Neul as three young men in their early 20s on the cusp of adulthood. The drama was reported to follow a similar plot to the film but be a female version.

In response, JTBC’s representative clarified, “The drama is a separate work from the film.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1293475wpp/chun-woo-hee-talks-new-drama-twenty-director

Ahn Jae Hong, Gong Myung, And Chun Woo Hee In Talks For New Romantic Comedy Drama

4551d1394624457ea4d660fdf524449f.jpeg?s=

Ahn Jae Hong, Gong Myung, and Chun Woo Hee might unite for a new drama!

On February 19, CLN Company stated, “Ahn Jae Hong received the script for ‘Melo Is My Nature’ (literal title) and is currently reviewing the offer.” A representative of Fantagio Entertainment also revealed, “Gong Myung is positively reviewing an offer [for ‘Melo Is My Nature’].”

“Melo Is My Nature” is directed by director Lee Byung Hun, who is known for producing films “Twenty” and “Extreme Job.” The drama is reportedly a romantic comedy that tells the story of three women. It was previously revealed that Chun Woo Hee is in talks to play one of the female lead roles.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1304729wpp/ahn-jae-hong-gong-myung-and-chun-woo-hee-in-talks-for-new-romantic-comedy-drama

• Like 1

Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, And Han Ji Eun Confirmed For New JTBC Drama

8e65fc9d784a4d9f901e58190cdcf047.jpeg?s=

The female lead roles have been confirmed for JTBC’s upcoming drama “Melo Is My Nature” (literal title).

“Melo Is My Nature” is JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday comedy drama that addresses the concerns, romances, and daily lives of three women in their 30s as they end up living under the same roof.

Chun Woo Hee will take on the role of Im Jin Joo, a bipolar and geeky scriptwriter. While she appears normal on the outside, everything she does is always a bit off from being normal. With “Melo Is My Nature,” Chun Woo Hee will be making her first drama comeback in two years since the 2017 drama “Argon.”

Jeon Yeo Bin, who received the public’s praise for her acting in the 2018 film “After My Death,” will play the role of Lee Eun Jeong. She followed her childhood dream to become a documentary producer and joins one of the most prominent documentary production companies in the field. However, she quits to start her own company because she cannot stand the sexual harassment from her boss.

Lastly, Han Ji Eun will play Hwang Han Joo, a marketing director at a drama production company. She gave birth before marriage with a guy who eventually leaves her to pursue his dream of becoming a comedian. Afterwards, Hwang Han Joo endlessly struggles to balance her work and trying to take care of her baby.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1306138wpp/chun-woo-hee-jeon-yeo-bin-and-han-ji-eun-confirmed-for-new-jtbc-drama

February 25 2019

Chun Woo-Hee, Jeon Yeo-Bin & Han Ji-Eun cast in JTBC drama series “Melo Suits Me”

Melo-Suits-Me-bg0111.jpg

Chun Woo-Hee, Jeon Yeo-Bin and Han Ji-Eun are cast in JTBC drama series “Melo Suits Me” (literal title). The drama series will be directed and scripted by Lee Byeong-Hun. Currently playing in South Korea movie theaters is movie “Extreme Job” which is also directed by Lee Byeong-Hun. The film is the first box-office hit of this year in South Korea and sold over 10 million tickets. For the drama series, the three female leads will play friends who are all 30-years-old. They also work in the entertainment industry.

“Melo Suits Me” first airs July, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/chun-woo-hee-jeon-yeo-bin-han-ji-eun-cast-in-jtbc-drama-series-melo-suits-me

• Like 1

Chun Woo-hee, Jeon Yeo-bin, Han Ji-eun to be BFF’s for JTBC’s Melo Suits Me

by tccolb

melosuitsme.jpg
Chun Woo-hee, Jeon Yeo-bin, Han Ji-eun

News broke a few days ago that Gong Myung and Ahn Jae-hong had been offered leading roles for the new JTBC rom-com, Melo Suits Me. Ahn Jae-hong has now officially confirmed his participation, and the actors Chun Woo-hee (Argon), Jeon Yeo-bin (Rescue Me), and Han Ji-eun (100 Days My Prince) will be joining him on the show as leads.

The three women will play a trio of girlfriends in their thirties who somehow end up living together. Hijinks ensue and the drama will take a look at the lives, issues, and romances of the three friends.

Chun Woo-hee will be taking the role of a drama writer named Im Jin-joo. She’s the oddball of the group and often has big mood swings, with a good mood meaning high energy levels. Although Jin-joo appears to be normal at first glance, she’s about an inch away from actual normalcy (think total 4D personality), though she doesn’t quite realize that what an oddball she is. For example, she considers internet fiction high culture and often has conversations with inanimate objects.

Jeon Yeo-bin will be playing Lee Eun-jung. Ever since she was a child, her only dream was to become a documentary filmmaker. As an adult, Eun-jung succeeds in landing a job at a leading documentary production company. But when her boss gets drunk at a company function and insists she call him “Oppa,” Eun-jung quits on the spot. She then sets up her own one-person production company and starts production on a documentary despite not having proper funding. While she’s working, she unexpectedly stumbles on an industry miracle.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/chun-woo-hee-jeon-yeo-bin-han-ji-eun-to-be-bffs-for-jtbcs-melo-suits-me/

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Melo Is My Nature 멜로가 체질 - Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin & Han Ji Eun - Premieres in July

16 hours ago, irilight said:

I love both Chun Woo-Hee and Jeon Hye Bin. I hope it is a good drama....

I knew only Chun Woo Hee but I am still interested in this drama because it is female centric. I love to see the women friendship in a drama.

I also hope for a good drama.

Thanks for the Viki license request link. 

• Like 1

Gong Myung And Ahn Jae Hong Confirmed For New JTBC Romantic Comedy

by E. Cha
0e608105604844d8aaa504dd254a9776.jpeg?s=

Gong Myung and Ahn Jae Hong will both be appearing in the upcoming drama “Melo is My Nature” (literal translation)!

“Melo is My Nature” is a new romantic comedy that will tell the story of three women in their thirties as they attempt to navigate dating and the struggles of their daily lives. Earlier this week, actresses Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, and Han Ji Eun were confirmed as the drama’s three female leads.

On February 28, the producers of JTBC’s “Melo is My Nature” confirmed that both Gong Myung and Ahn Jae Hong would also be starring in the romantic comedy. Notably, the drama will mark the reunion of the two actors with director Lee Byung Hun, who recently worked with Gong Myung on the hit movie “Extreme Job” and who previously worked with Ahn Jae Hong on the 2015 comedy film “Twenty.”

In the upcoming drama, Gong Myung will be playing the role of Chu Jae Hoon, a younger co-worker of Hwang Han Joo (played by Han Ji Eun), a marketing director at a drama production company. Chu Jae Hoon, who is stuck in a bad relationship when he meets the warm and kind Hwang Han Joo, finds himself confused and distraught after seeing the differences between his colleague and his girlfriend.

Meanwhile, Ahn Jae Hong will be playing the role of Son Bum Soo, an extremely successful drama producing director (PD) whose passion for dramas has waned and who has lost interest in his own work. After stumbling upon the clumsy, inexperienced writing of Im Jin Joo (played by Chun Woo Hee), Son Bum Soo becomes reinvigorated and intrigued by her work. However, after meeting the writer in person, he ends up coming to the conclusion that she is a strange, peculiar woman.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1306906wpp/gong-myung-and-ahn-jae-hong-confirmed-for-new-jtbc-romantic-comedy

February 28 2019

Ahn Jae-Hong & Gong Myung cast in JTBC drama series “Melo Suits Me”

Melo_Suits_Me-SM222.jpg

Ahn Jae-Hong and Gong Myung are cast in upcoming JTBC drama series “Melo Suits Me” (literal title) starring Chun Woo-Hee, Jeon Yeo-Bin and Han Ji-Eun. For the drama series, Ahn Jae-Hong will play Son Beom-Soo. His character is a successful drama series PD, but he isn’t interested in making drama series anymore. He then sees a script by Im Jin-Joo (Chun Woo-Hee). Gong Myung will play Choo Jae-Hoon. He works with Hwang Han-Joo (Han Ji-Eun) and likes her.

“Melo Suits Me” first airs July, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ahn-jae-hong-gong-myung-cast-in-jtbc-drama-series-melo-suits-me

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Actress Lee Joo Bin will appear in drama Melo Suits Me

PS19031800019.jpg

Her character name will  Lee So-min, who has been known as "Erjang" since the beginning of his elementary school years. He is also a bully with a tricky personality. He plays a pivotal role in the story of Im Jinju (Chun Woo Hee), Hwang Han Joo (Han Ji Eun), Lee Eun Jung.

She appeared in OCN drama Trap.

http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01125046622424632&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 1

Oh Seung-yoon appears as a producer of Lee Hyoung-bong, the younger sister of the former actress. Lee Hyo-bong, who is in charge of Oh Seung-yoon, is a fascinating visual owner with a feminine and delicate character. She is a close friend of all three 'sisters', and has a profound knowledge of cosmetics and fashion. It is a lover relationship with the same studio man producer.

http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201903210100152450010832&ServiceDate=20190320&f_url=Fire#_enliple

Scripts

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Melo Is My Nature, 멜로가 체질 - Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin & Han Ji Eun - Premieres in July
  • 2 weeks later...

Lee Yoo Jin Confirmed To Join Chun Woo Hee In Upcoming Romantic Comedy

Lee Yoo Jin will be making his drama comeback!

On April 8, it was confirmed that Lee Yoo Jin will be joining the cast of JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Melo Is My Nature” (literal title).

“Melo Is My Nature” is a comedy drama that will address the concerns, romances, and daily lives of three women in their 30s as they end up living under the same roof. It will be the first drama to be directed by Lee Byung Hun of hit-films “Twenty” and “Extreme Job.”

Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, and Han Ji Eun are confirmed as female leads, and it was also announced that Ahn Jae Hong and Gong Myung will join the drama as male leads.

Lee Yoo Jin will take on the role of Kim Hwan Dong, Im Jin Joo (Chun Woo Hee)’s ex-boyfriend who is also producing director Son Beom Soo (Ahn Jae Hong)’s assistant director. He is unnecessarily polite and logical. Im Jin Joo and Kim Hwan Dong break up after dating for seven years, but they end up reuniting as an assistant director and a writer.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1315876wpp/lee-yoo-jin-confirmed-to-join-chun-woo-hee-in-upcoming-romantic-comedy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The actor Heo Jun-seok continues his relationship with director Lee Byung-hun.

On August 19, his agency Magnum Entertainment said, "Huh Jun-seok will appear as a motive for JTBC's new JTBC mini-series 'melodrama' (drama Lee Byung-hun, Kim Young-young, director Lee Byung-heon)

Magnum said, "Huh Jun-seok has a solid foundation in the theater stage for many years, and his role in digging any role into his own, revealing his indispensable presence on the screen .

http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01551446622457760&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 1

Actress Kim Young-ah appears in JTBC's new drama 'Melo Suits Me".

2019042414141540059-540x810.jpg

Kim Young-ah's agency WS Entertainment said on July 24, "Kim Young-a has decided to appear in 'Melo's constitution', which is being watched as the first drama of Lee Byung-hun PD.

Scheduled to be broadcasted in July, the drama will be a comic drama that depicts the worries, love and daily life of 30-year-old girl friends.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Actress Baek Ji-Won will appear in drama "Melo is My nature"/"Melo Suits Me"

image_readtop_2019_369338_15592644293770

In the play, Baek Ji-won will play Choi Young-ja, the production team worker of the company that works for the company, and emit a strong jumma crush to capture the audience's theater once again.
Choi Young-ja has been working at the factory for more than 20 years and has been working as a chief of the company. He is going to be a major figure who will devote his passion to save a company that has been in crisis due to its superb vitality and unmatched affinity.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/05/369338/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahn Jae Hong, Chun Woo Hee, Gong Myung, And More Impress At “Melo Is My Nature” Script Reading

by D. Kim
ca3ddb2737c04f52bedb9cd39d6fed16.jpeg?s=
Jun 27, 2019
by D. Kim

Melo Is My Nature” has revealed photos of the first script reading!

The upcoming JTBC drama held its first script reading on March 13 with director Lee Byung Hun, writer Kim Young Young, and actors including Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, Han Ji Eun, Ahn Jae Hong, Gong Myung, Oh Seung Yun, Lee Yoo Jin, Lee Joo Bin, Han Joon Woo, Kim Myung Joon, Jung Seung Gil, Baek Ji Won, Kim Young Ah, Heo Joon Suk, and Ryu Abell in attendance.

The actors began by introducing themselves and their characters before diving straight into the script reading.

Chun Woo Hee perfectly portrayed the quirkiness of her character Im Jin Joo, who is a drama scriptwriter with strong mood swings. She also showed strong chemistry with her character’s friends Lee Eun Jung (played by Jeon Yeo Bin), a documentary director, and Hwang Han Joo (played by Han Ji Eun), a marketing manager at a drama production company.

Ahn Jae Hong showcased his unique colors and strong acting as drama director Son Bum Soo, while Gong Myung left a strong impression as Choo Jae Hoon, who works under Hwang Han Joo.

melo-is-my-nature.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1334970wpp/ahn-jae-hong-chun-woo-hee-gong-myung-and-more-impress-at-melo-is-my-nature-script-reading

Watch: Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, And Han Ji Eun Have Different Views Of Love In “Melo Is My Nature” Teaser

by L. Kim
a2bc59718f8a451db6d702bfbb3946d5.jpeg?s=

On June 28, JTBC released the first teaser for upcoming drama “Melo Is My Nature.”

The new Friday-Saturday comedy drama addresses the concerns, romances, and daily lives of three women in their 30s as they end up living under the same roof.

The clip starts off with an on-screen couple walking together while sweetly holding hands. The man romantically says, “All I had was love for you,” and Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, Han Ji Eun, and Oh Seung Yun just stare at the TV with blank faces and drink their beer. The atmosphere in the living room is 180 degrees different than the melodramatic mood on TV.

Han Ji Eun, who will play single mother and marketing director Hwang Han Joo, inwardly thinks, “Even though it’s just a drama, I like how they end with ‘I love you’ in a nice way.”

Jeon Yeo Bin, who will take the role of documentary producer Lee Eun Jeong, gulps down her beer while thinking, “Humans are weak, so how powerful can the love of humans really be?” Despite her hopeless opinion, she is the only one dating among the three.

Chun Woo Hee perfectly portrays the quirkiness of scriptwriter Im Jin joo by staring at the screen with a slightly tipsy expression and predicting, “Love, love, love, enough of that darn love. Don’t you think their love is going to end in catastrophe?”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1335165wpp/watch-chun-woo-hee-jeon-yeo-bin-and-han-ji-eun-have-different-views-of-love-in-melo-is-my-nature-teaser

June 28 2019

Teaser trailer for JTBC drama series “Be Melodramatic”

Be_Melodramtic-teaser1SM1.jpg

Teaser trailer for JTBC drama series “Be Melodramatic” starring Chun Woo-Hee, Jeon Yeo-Bin, Han Ji-Eun, Ahn Jae-Hong and Gong Myung. The drama series is the first to be directed by Lee Byeong-Hun, who has directed such films as “Twenty” and box-office hit “Extreme Job.” He also helped write screenplays for popular films “Scandal Makers” and “Sunny.”

Meanwhile, the first script reading for the drama series took place March 13, 2019 in Sangam, Seoul, South Korea. Main cast members Chun Woo-Hee, Jeon Yeo-Bin, Han Ji-Eun, Ahn Jae-Hong, Gong Myung, Oh Seung-Yun, Lee You-Jin, Lee Joo-Bin, Jung Seung-Kil, Baek Ji-Won, Kim Young-A, Heo Joon-Seok and Ryu Abel attended the first script reading. Director Lee Byeong-Hun stated at the end of the first script reading “It was so good with the rhythm and breathing of actresses and actors. I think I can work and have fun at the site without being worried.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-series-be-melodramatic