Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Be Melodramatic/Melo Is My Nature, 멜로가 체질

Chun Woo Hee And Ahn Jae Hong Get Serious About Their Relationship In “Melo Is My Nature”

Sep 13, 2019

de864b010a26486e827852be47784b32.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Melo is My Nature” has shared new stills of Chun Woo Hee and Ahn Jae Hong from the upcoming episode!

Spoiler starts

In last week’s episode of “Melo is My Nature,” Bum Soo (Ahn Jae Hong) finally admitted to having feelings for Jin Joo (Chun Woo Hee). In the drama, Jin Joo and Bum Soo work together as a scriptwriter and a producing director. When Jin Joo wrote a script based on true stories of her past relationship with Hwan Dong (Lee Yoo Jin), Bum Soo did not let his jealousy show. However, when Hwan Dong asked Bum Soo whether or not he plans to change the script, Bum Soo insinuated that he is not a fan of the script by saying, “It would make me jealous if I had to film memories of you and Jin Joo.” Jin Joo also seemed to share mutual feelings as she waited for Bum Soo to call her.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1352199wpp/chun-woo-hee-and-ahn-jae-hong-get-serious-about-their-relationship-in-melo-is-my-nature

• Like 2

Videos for episode 12 are out!

Spoiler

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me which eps does Son Seok Koo starts appearing? Is it a recurring role ? I hv a major crush on him since Designated Survivor 60 Days . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Can anyone tell me which eps does Son Seok Koo starts appearing? Is it a recurring role ? I hv a major crush on him since Designated Survivor 60 Days . 

10 and 12 so far. And the director said that he's gonna appear in every episode till the finale :wub: 

I think he's gonna be EJ's new love interest...hopefully!

EEgO562WwAA3idL?format=jpg&name=large

EEgO560W4AE0g54?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Son Seok Koo - yah, he's hot. I'm glad he's playing hot and funny guys. The first role I saw him in was "Mother," and he was so good at playing such an indelibly terrible person that I genuinely felt sorry for the actor, and hoped that he will go on to play more fun roles. "Mother" is really good, but man, it is a very tough show to watch. Anyway, he was very good in it.

Jae Hoon and Ha Yoon. That monologue in 11 about the hedgehogs, so good. Such melancholy. And how he bandaged her feet while she was passed out drunk in his bed, it was lovely.

That's what this show feels like - a melancholic goodbye to the love you had in your 20s and onward to your 30s. With just about every character, I love how they're achieving closure. The relationship wasn't meant to last, and it's over now, but it's possible to move on and also honor the love that you once had.

I feel like that is the best thing about this show. It honors the characters. They all have flaws and problems, but you really don't hate any of them. You have someone like Writer Jeong, but she is not the villain. She can be awful, but she is someone you can feel empathy for. Same with the station chief. He was just... there at first. But now he's a hilarious member of the gang.

And I love how completely savage Beom Soo is towards Dong Gi. And how completely whipped he is on Dami. Haha, this poor guy.

I love how sweet Han Joo's relationship with Jae Hoon is. It seems almost cliche that these two would end up with each other, but there is something so sweet and gentle about their interactions together, and you can see how much they care for each other. They've both had bad relationships in the past, so you can really see how they've both grown from that, too.

I loved that scene with Somin and Eun Jeong, how Somin was mad at all of the women, and how she ended up forgiving them - how her needs are so simple-minded, and yet, it's really how everyone feels, if you think about it. She just says her shallow (and funny) thoughts out loud while most people act like they're above it.

There are only 4 episodes left, so there's no way they will ever get to actually shooting the show, unless they do some crazy time jump. Whatever happens, I'm just going to enjoy whatever comes. Here's to hoping that even with low ratings, it becomes a cult classic by word-of-mouth or something.

--

A few notes about the BGM. I usually watch the show raw and then watch it again on Viki some time later in the week, and I noticed that they replace some of the songs, probably due to copyright fees or such, and it's kind of a bummer.

For example, in that scene where Beom Soo takes those "bullets" for Jin Joo, the music was "I Will Always Love You." It really makes that (awesome) scene much funnier, but they removed that on Viki.

Also, in the high school flashback when Somin first meets Min Joon, they play "Paradise" from "Boys Over Flowers" but Viki replaced that, too.

Another one that I noticed was in the "pasta farewell" scene between Ha Yoon and Jae Hoon. They played "Don't Say My Love is Not Love" by Lee Sora, and the lyrics are really beautiful. It really added more emotion to the scene, making it clear that they really loved each other, while also making it more clear that it's their last meal together.

None of this takes away from how awesome the show is, but it's a little bit of a bummer. So I was surprised that Viki didn't replace the songs from "Secret Garden" and "My Name is Kim Sam Soon." But I'm glad they didn't!

• Like 7

Watching this drama because@chickfactor recommendations.

I do agree this drama somehow so powerful in terms use a dialogue, all the line's is praises effective and hints differ meanings in each conversation, it’s just come out in which stands your perspectives in that's scene's you decided.

All the characters have a kind odd traits yet fully freedom to express their personality.

Even the mother and son relationship looks awfully mature in their own .

The powerful dialogues is far beyond realistic yet should be realistic when we lives in the respected environments full of intellectual whose really knew how to values and expressed ourselves as human being .

Little bit complaints the way director shoot all the mukbang scene's becomes so interesting and beautiful made me craving to eat more and more.  

And this drama in summary seems about talking and eating leaves the viewers drolling end up scrolling the food orders app.

Is not good for whose in diets actually :lol:

• Like 3

Watch: “Melo Is My Nature” Cast Members Can’t Stop Joking Around As They Film Sweet Kiss Scenes

Sep 17, 2019
by Y. Shin

40a3749febf942c48c2755959b4d0885.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Melo Is My Nature” has shared a new behind-the-scenes clip of its cast members!

“Melo Is My Nature” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of three 30-year-old best friends and their daily lives.

In the clip, Lee Joo Bin and Kim Myung Joon rehearse a kiss scene between their characters. Both actors are full of energy for their upcoming scene, and they can’t stop joking around. As they face each other, Lee Joo Bin asks, “Am I pretty?” Kim Myung Joon shakes his head no, and the actress responds by jokingly grabbing him by the collar. They continue to goof off but become serious once the cameras begin rolling. After finally filming their kiss scene, Kim Myung Joon becomes adorably shy.

Later, Chun Woo Hee and Ahn Jae Hong prepare for their characters’ first kiss scene as well. The actors promise to take the scene seriously, but throw in small jokes whenever they can. Chun Woo Hee finally goes in for the kiss, but realizes afterwards that it had been incredibly awkward. She laughs as she comments, “I was hesitating on whether I should go in [for the kiss] or not.” They try again and successfully film their kiss scene without any problems.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1352966wpp/watch-melo-is-my-nature-cast-members-cant-stop-joking-around-as-they-film-sweet-kiss-scenes

• Like 4

New still cuts :wub:

EE4x-wVUUAEQml2?format=jpg&name=medium

EE4x-wVUYAMGA1u?format=jpg&name=medium

EE4x-wNVUAA8hqN?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EE4x-wZVUAEswPU?format=jpg&name=medium

They look like tired parents looking after their child in the 1st and 2nd pic :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@blademanblademan who's the guy? I knew him as President head staff(60days) does he is same actors who's played as softball atlet at Prison play book?

Love him and his acting :wub:

• Like 1

Can't believe the drama is ending in a week's time, its rating is still unbelievably low in Korea, but on the brighter side, it is getting high ratings by viewers in China, who gave it an average rating of 9.1, that's really high. I really like this drama because of its well rounded and charismatic characters, its ingenious dialogues and its totally on point casting! This is the first drama that I watched not because an actor I liked was acting in it, but just because it is wonderful and is easily one of the best dramas of the year. Thanks to this drama, I got introduced to many talented actors that I have never heard before, I will definitely follow their works closely after this drama.

I still can't believe they make a song about fart, hope they release it as an ost.

@Yana Mujay He is Son Seok-koo and no, he is not the guy who acted in prison playbook, he debuted in 2014, and he can speak english because he used to study in canada. His has a short filmography, didn't act in much drama or movies as he had been an actor for only a short period of time. I like him too and hope to see more of his works. 

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, Good bye Kpop said:

@Yana Mujay He is Son Seok-koo and no, he is not the guy who acted in prison playbook, he debuted in 2014, and he can speak english because he used to study in canada. His has a short filmography, didn't act in much drama or movies as he had been an actor for only a short period of time. I like him too and hope to see more of his works. 

He was great in Sense8, an American scifi show, created by the Wachowskis. A pretty big accomplishment for a newbie Korean actor to have on his resume. I also really enjoyed him in Designated Survivor this year. He's a pretty solid actor for someone who debuted later in life. I read he's actually the CEO of a machine tool distrubution company and took up acting after finding success in the business world

Edited by Bejaffled
Somehow joined two posts together
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Good bye Kpop said:

I still can't believe they make a song about fart, hope they release it as an ost.

Ha ha ha! I loved it!

No but frankly, the whole discussion about farts was a great way to talk about love and intimacy.

I particularly liked the different visions: intercepting farts (so she will never fart), caring as a result of sudden farts, learning to accept what makes you unconfortable, etc.

For the people who liked Soon Seok-koo, I highly recommend "Matrimonial Chaos" - and for all viewers of this show as well a it bears many similarities, albeit in a different period in life (after dating, once you get married).

@chickfactor - I am not watching this show on viki and the songs were not replaced! (I am boycotting them as they are starting to use automatic translation - they have replaced the French subs of some shows with their own autogenerated ones and are asking the translators to re-go over them and correct them!)

ETA:

Oh and I think they are writing/working on the very drama we are watching, making even more meta! Hence, for example, So-Min will not have to act because she is the same as the character in the script because she is her!

Also, did you notice that the set director was basically showing us the furniture that appears in "Be Melo"? It made me laugh that he asks to start anew as the flamboyant character that she is would never choose such boring pieces of furniture, though she actually does!! ha ha!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, carolinedl said:

@chickfactor - I am not watching this show on viki and the songs were not replaced! (I am boycotting them as they are starting to use automatic translation - they have replaced the French subs of some shows with their own autogenerated ones and are asking the translators to re-go over them and correct them!)

ETA:

Oh and I think they are writing/working on the very drama we are watching, making even more meta! Hence, for example, So-Min will not have to act because she is the same as the character in the script because she is her!

Also, did you notice that the set director was basically showing us the furniture that appears in "Be Melo"? It made me laugh that he asks to start anew as the flamboyant character that she is would never choose such boring pieces of furniture, though she actually does!! ha ha!

I'm very bummed to hear that Viki is doing that to French subbers. Subbers work hard and their work should be appreciated.

As I mentioned before, I also don't like how Viki is cheaping out on shows and replacing original music.

Yes, they basically are making the very show that we are watching! During the scene where the action choreographers are showing off complicated movies, Beom Soo said, "these two characters are drama directors, they would not know how to fight like that!" So basically, the characters are himself and Hwan Dong.

• Like 3

Another one: Jin Joo doing research for different therapies, thus writing Eun Jung's story and her seeing a psychologist to help with mourning.

ETA:

Last night's episode is full of it, especially the massage chair PPL :lol: It was hilarious!

JaeHoon coming up with this ridiculous scenario about how to show the massage chair, BeomSoo pointing out he is a genius, JaeHoon asking if he is going to write it then, BeomSoo saying that they just showed it! Ha ha ha...

I also really liked BeomSoo telling him to stop with the PPL (when giving JinJoo sthg to drink) - I could feel us all there, when the PPL become too much... So in love with this show!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

22 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Another one: Jin Joo doing research for different therapies, thus writing Eun Jung's story and her seeing a psychologist to help with mourning.

ETA:

Last night's episode is full of it, especially the massage chair PPL :lol: It was hilarious!

JaeHoon coming up with this ridiculous scenario about how to show the massage chair, BeomSoo pointing out he is a genius, JaeHoon asking if he is going to write it then, BeomSoo saying that they just showed it! Ha ha ha...

I also really liked BeomSoo telling him to stop with the PPL (when giving JinJoo sthg to drink) - I could feel us all there, when the PPL become too much... So in love with this show!

Yeah, that scene reminds me of something I saw on "30 Rock" many years ago. They were using a cell phone, saying, "Wow, Verizon phones sounds great, with great service!" and the Tina Fey character looks right into the camera and says, "Can we have our money now?"

I love all the meta jokes. When that casting director was listing names of famous actors, he said, "Gong Myeong" and Han-Joo says, "I love him!" HAHA.

I too remain in love with this show. Only two eps left. :bawling:

One thing I really love about this show is how they're very clearly saying that the foundation of a good relationship is GOOD conversation and how they each bring the best out in each other. Beom-Soo and Jin-Joo clearly love the time they spend together. I think the same is true for Han-Joo and Jae-Hoon (although in different ways).

Also loving Eun-Jeong's relationship with that commercial director. (We don't even know his name yet, do we?)

--

ETA: a few more thoughts.

I think this show represents the biggest paradox between ratings (low) and quality (high) among any K-drama I have seen. Just a cursory search of viewer's comments online show that most people who gave this show a chance really love it. "Best of this year!" and "On my Top 5 list!"

I guess I'm just glad that I gave this show a chance and didn't let the low ratings discourage me.

I'm especially impressed with Han-Joo's emotional intelligence. Instead of encouraging Jae-Hoon to change his locks and kick Bad Girlfriend to the curb once and for all, she is encouraging him to try and not hate her. It's just so... emotionally generous and kind towards another human being, and not just Ha-Yoon, but Jae-Hoon as well. She knows Jae-Hoon is incapable of being cruel.

This relationship is beyond painful to watch, and I hate how Ha-Yoon has practically become a horror-movie-cliche at this point - the mere sight of her name on his phone is enough to make me groan out loud, not to mention how she sits in the dark waiting for him every night - seriously, she's become Kathy Bates in the movie "Misery!" And yet, it's lovely when he embraces her. At this point, he's not her boyfriend, it's just one human being reaching out to another.

And I'm also excited that we're finally dealing with Seung-Hyo, In-Gook's father. If there is any unsympathetic, irredeemable person on this show, it's got to be him.

• Like 5

"Moonlighting" used to be meta like that all the time; loved that show so much because of it. It was hilarious.

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

One thing I really love about this show is how they're very clearly saying that the foundation of a good relationship is GOOD conversation. Beom Soo and Jin Joo have great, fun conversations that they both clearly enjoy, and they help bring out the best in each other. I think the same is true for Han Joo and Jae Hoon (although in different ways).

Also loving Eun Jeong's relationship with that commercial director. (We don't even know his name yet, do we?)

Totally agree! I also like that they are saying you should love someone for who they are and not try to change them. You are with them because you like who they are, not what they should and could be.

I totally love The Yeller (Yeah I don't think we know his name) and how he subtly makes EJ smile. The hug scene was so cute; both in teh way he was saying it and with the kids afterwards. He is just so weird that it's fun to watch how he interacts with EJ. The bip-bip bus scene was fun too; ha ha! I look forward to seeing them spend more time together.

The whole EJ story is so touching and so well done/written. It is not over the top, as in overly melo. Just touching. The looking at the photos and then crying by the bed; it was so subtle and yet powerful. How you can miss someone so much.

Of all the shows I am watching, this has become the best and the one I am the most attached to. I do not want it to end! I really hope we'll get a season 2 though with those ratings..... *sigh*

• Like 2