[Drama 2019] Be Melodramatic/Melo Is My Nature, 멜로가 체질

larus

The drama-watching girlfriends of JTBC’s Melo Suits Me

by tipsymocha

melosuitsme-teaser6301.jpg

I can never get enough of dramas centered around a tight-knit group of female friends, and I’m excited to see director Lee Byung-heon, known for his comedy films like Twenty and the massive hit Extreme Job, take on the premise and give it a fresh spin. JTBC’s Melo Suits Me has released its first teaser, introducing our three main female leads, Chun Woo-hee (Argon), Jeon Yeo-bin (Rescue Me), and Han Ji-eun (100 Days My Prince), as well as Ahn Jae-hong (Fight My Way) and Oh Seung-yoon (An Empress’s Dignity). Gong Myung, who will be reuniting with his Extreme Job director, also has top billing, but doesn’t appear in this clip.

The teaser starts out with the three girlfriends, plus Oh Seung-yoon, all sitting in front of the TV watching a drama, with beers in hand and dressed in PJs. The screen zooms up close to each of the three women, as descriptors appear around their head. Han Ji-eun, who plays a marketing team manager at a drama production company, apparently leads a life “more dramatic than a drama, which is a working mom’s path.” She muses to someone offscreen that it’s better for stories to end when the two people confess their love to each other, “like in dramas.”

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/the-drama-watching-girlfriends-of-jtbcs-melo-suits-me/

• Like 2

Night-to-day transformation in Melo Suits Me

by tineybeanie

melosss2.jpg

Upcoming comedy Melo Suits Me has released new promo stills that show their protagonists as they undergo dramatic transformations from innocent in the daytime to sexy in the evening. Chun Woo-hee (Argon), Jeon Yeo-bin (Rescue Me), and Han Ji-eun (100 Days My Prince) star in this new drama about three girlfriends in their thirties.

Chun Woo-hee plays a screenwriter who has sworn off melodramas. Jeon Yeo-bin plays a documentary director with a hit project; who is deep in the midst of an unrequited love affair. Finally, Han Ji-eun plays a working mom whose life is “more dramatic than a drama.” Somehow, they end up moving in together, and a whole bunch of hijinks are supposed to ensue.

The production team said, “From the first filming, Chun Woo-hee, Jeon Yeo-bin, and Han Ji-eun had chemistry with each other, as if they were already best friends. They really brought Director Lee Byung-heon’s script to life and threw themselves fully into their respective roles.” Continuing, the team said, “The actresses will portray the whole gamut of emotions, from big to small and their story will feel like a real, fully realized friendship. We want our viewers to feel like they’re at a party where you’ll feel like you might die of laughter.”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/night-to-day-transformation-in-melo-suits-me/

Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, And Han Ji Eun Show 3 Different Working Women In “Melo Is My Nature”

Jul 3, 2019
by C. Hong
1352b90e90ba4a2d96e0e75713195776.jpeg?s=

Upcoming JTBC drama “Melo Is My Nature” has shared the first stills of its three female leads.

“Melo Is My Nature” is about the concerns, romances, and daily lives of three women in their 30s who end up living under the same roof.

chun-woo-hee-melo-is-my-nature.jpg

Chun Woo Hee plays drama scriptwriter Im Jin Joo. The character has a lot of emotional ups and downs and is known for being quirky. Her everyday style, as shown in the teasers, is cute, casual, and color-coordinated. Despite being a drama writer, Im Jin Joo has sworn off melodramas and is not particularly hopeful about love.

Jeon Yeo Bin plays Lee Eun Jung, a documentary director who is the only one among the three to have a current boyfriend. She is very cynical about love, despite being in a relationship, and has recently experienced a huge success in her working life.

Han Ji Eun plays Hwang Han Joo, a single mother who works as a marketing director. Her life is described as being more like a drama than actual dramas, and she still has sweet feelings toward love in general.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1336321wpp/chun-woo-hee-jeon-yeo-bin-and-han-ji-eun-show-3-different-working-women-in-melo-is-my-nature

• Like 2

Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, And Han Ji Eun Are Classy Yet Quirky In “Melo Is My Nature” Poster

by U. Kim
d315cb4cf5634330aa32e73e0a83e251.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Melo Is My Nature” has revealed its official poster!

“Melo Is My Nature” is about the concerns, romances, and daily lives of three women in their 30s who end up living under the same roof.

The main characters Im Jin Joo (Chun Woo Hee), Lee Eun Jung (Jeon Yeo Bin), and Hwang Han Joo (Han Ji Eun) feature in the poster wearing sophisticated black outfits, and they each have a pink item in their hands. Drama screenwriter Im Jin Joo holds up a handbag that looks like it could belong to a Barbie doll, and documentary director Lee Eun Jung charismatically holds a gun in her hand. Hwang Han Joo, a single mother who leads a dramatic life, holds up a baby bottle. The text above them reads, “Did you think you’d be an adult after turning 30?” highlighting the fact that even after reaching the age of 30, nothing in life gets easy.

Chun-Woo-Hee-Jeon-Yeo-Bin-And-Han-Ji-Eun

The poster reflects the quirky energy of the show and makes future viewers curious to see what happens to these three women as they begin to live together.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1336467wpp/chun-woo-hee-jeon-yeo-bin-and-han-ji-eun-are-classy-yet-quirky-in-melo-is-my-nature-poster

July 4 2019

First teaser poster & still images for JTBC drama series “Be Melodramatic”

Be_Melodramatic-PO1.jpg

Here’s the first teaser poster and still images for JTBC drama series “Be Melodramatic” (English title) starring Chun Woo-Hee, Jeon Yeo-Bin and Han Ji-Eun. Caption on the teaser poster states “If I reach 30 years old, I though I would become an adult.” Drama series is directed by Lee Byeong-Hun (“Extreme Job“).

” Be Melodramatic” will first air July 26, 2019 in South Korea.

Stills

Spoiler

Be_Melodramatic-SI01.jpg

Be_Melodramatic-SI02.jpg

Be_Melodramatic-SI03.jpg

Be_Melodramatic-SI04.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-poster-still-images-for-jtbc-drama-series-be-melodramatic

• Like 2

Watch: Chun Woo Hee And Jeon Yeo Bin Show The Ups And Downs Of Modern Love In “Melo Is My Nature” Teasers

by C. Hong
9972b0f74c72428b8666ed52f3cc5dde.jpeg?s=

JTBC has released some new teasers for their upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Melo Is My Nature!”

“Melo Is My Nature” is about the ordinary concerns, romances, and daily lives of three working women in their 30s who live together under one roof. Chun Woo Hee plays Im Jin Joo, a drama scriptwriter who has sworn off melodramas, and Jeon Yeo Bin plays Lee Eun Jung, a tough documentary director who isn’t afraid to speak her mind.

Chun Woo Hee’s teaser starts off soft: Im Jin Joo lies in someone’s lap and says, “Do you know what a woman’s gaze looks like when she’s in love with a man?” She then points to her own eyes and smiles. However, the vibe soon takes a turn when the teaser shows all the terrible breakups she’s been through, including cheating boyfriends, boyfriends who refuse to accept a breakup, and clingy breakups that end in tears.

Things change when she meets Ahn Jae Hong’s character, Son Beom Soo, a drama PD (producing director) who is supremely self-confident. He says to Im Jin Joo, “I’m doing very well these days. I have talent and I come from a good family. To be honest, it would be weird if you found me lacking in any way.” The two of them sit down at a meeting where Son Beom Soo tries to convince Im Jin Joo to do something with him. She hesitates, but the teaser ends with a firm, “No.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1336842wpp/watch-chun-woo-hee-and-jeon-yeo-bin-show-the-ups-and-downs-of-modern-love-in-melo-is-my-nature-teasers

Ahn Jae Hong Shares Excitement For Transformation Into Star PD In Upcoming Drama “Melo Is My Nature”

by J. Lim
e55e8f5f2c954e2f974442456cea0d2d.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Melo is My Nature” has released its first look at Ahn Jae Hong transforming into a star producing director (PD).

The drama will follow the lives of friends in their thirties as they talk about their concerns, love, and life. Ahn Jae Hong is set to take on the role of star drama PD Son Bum Soo, who is said to bring success to whatever drama he takes on.

Though he appears to be on the rise, Son Bum Soo feels so joy in his life or in his work. When he meets drama screenwriter Jin Joo (played by Chun Woo Hee), his flower path life starts to become a little rockier but also more interesting.

Ahn-Jae-Hong.jpg

Ahn Jae Hong said, “He’s a character who sometimes feels bored about his life because he gained recognition at such a young age. The spectrum the character has is quite large, so I am approaching this role with the hopes to showcase all of the detailed nuances of his personality.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1336909wpp/ahn-jae-hong-shares-excitement-for-transformation-into-star-pd-in-upcoming-drama-melo-is-my-nature

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Be Melodramatic/Melo Is My Nature 멜로가 체질 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin & Han Ji Eun - Premieres on July 26th

Broken hearts and fiery tempers in JTBC’s Melo Suits Me

by tipsymocha

melosuitsme-teaser7709.jpg

We’ve got some new teasers for JTBC’s female-centric workplace slash rom-com Melo Suits Me, and judging by these clips, we’re gonna get a good variety of characters to root for. These two teasers each focus on one of the trio of girlfriends at the center of the show, specifically, Chun Woo-hee (Argon) and Jeon Yeo-bin (Rescue Me). Ahn Jae-hong (Fight My Way) finally makes his appearance as well, as a drama PD with an ego.

The first teaser starts with Chun Woo-hee acting all cute with her boyfriend, head in his lap, and shyly telling him how much she likes him. But, all honeymoon phases come to an end, and we get a montage of Chun Woo-hee going through various breakups, either drunk, or in a fury, or in tears. She informs someone offscreen that there’s no single reason why she broke up with her exes, just as there’s no single reason why she fell in love with them in the first place. The teaser labels her as emotionally all over the place and completely unpredictable, which sounds like an interesting mix of character traits as a drama writer, coupled with her vow to swear off melo.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/broken-hearts-and-fiery-tempers-in-jtbcs-melo-suits-me/

• Like 1

Stills of Chun Woo-hee

20190709123105134659_0_710_888.jpg

https://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/5179484

Chun Woo Hee Shares What’s Special About “Melo Is My Nature” And Her Role In The Drama

by U. Kim
12a57a829dde4b898ae88205193847a3.jpeg?s=

Chun Woo Hee is getting ready to return to the small screen through JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Melo Is My Nature”!

Regarding the reason she chose to star in the drama, she said, “The fact that it was a story about women in their 30s appealed to me the most,” and added that the drama portrayed things she could personally relate to in a refreshing way.

Chun Woo Hee will take on the role of quirky drama screenwriter Im Jin Joo. Though Im Jin Joo has an unpredictable, reckless personality, she also has a deeper, warmer side to herself. Chun Woo Hee described, “Jin Joo is about 10 degrees off from what you’d call ‘conventional,’ and she’s full of quirky tendencies. She doesn’t hesitate to say things and seems to act rashly, but if you look closely, she has a profound heart and completes her job perfectly.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1337445wpp/chun-woo-hee-shares-whats-special-about-melo-is-my-nature-and-her-role-in-the-drama

• Like 1

Gong Myung Is Ready To Take On Any Task He’s Given In “Melo Is My Nature”

by U. Kim
8965563492e947dc83d6c57b1421aeac.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Melo Is My Nature” has revealed new stills of Gong Myung!

Gong Myung plays Choo Jae Hoon, a new recruit in the marketing team of a drama production company. He works under Hwang Han Joo (Han Ji Eun), and they work together with great teamwork to overcome various obstacles in the rough drama production industry.

The actor described his character as “a young man full of spirit and passion,” adding, “He’s a new employee who tries to do his best at everything, but he also has many other sides to him besides his passion for work. Though he may seem like a naive, untainted guy, he has an unexpected backstory.”

The way Gong Myung appears in the stills matches his description, as he looks like an innocent and hard-working man.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1337728wpp/gong-myung-is-ready-to-take-on-any-task-hes-given-in-melo-is-my-nature
  • Like 1

New stills of Gong Myung, Chun Woo-hee for JTBC’s Melo Suits Me

by tipsymocha

melosuitsme-still7111.jpg

Finally! I thought we’d never see Gong Myung (Extreme Job) in the promo material for JTBC’s Melo Suits Me. New stills of Gong Myung and Chun Woo-hee (Argon) have been released, and though I’m excited for the male leads to woo our ladies, I’m more in this for the female friendship and camaraderie that I hope we get lots of in this female-driven rom-com.

Gong Myung will be reuniting with his Extreme Job director Lee Byung-heon in this show, which is something I take as a huge positive, since I had never really warmed up to the young actor until I watched the hilarious cop comedy earlier this year. In Melo Suits Me, he’ll be swapping his detective’s badge in for an office one, as the newbie marketing team maknae at the drama production company where Han Ji-eun (100 Days My Prince) works. This sounds like a noona romance in the making, though the would-be couple has an uphill battle on their hands, what with them working at the same company and Han Ji-eun being a young, single mother.

I wonder whether his character will cross paths with Chun Woo-hee in a professional setting, as well, since she is a drama writer. I’ve only ever seen the actress briefly in the film Beauty Inside, and her scenes were pretty serious, so I’m looking forward to her in this role. Her character is described as completely unpredictable and slightly off-kilter, with a tendency to be a little too blunt.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/new-stills-of-gong-myung-chun-woo-hee-for-jtbcs-melo-suits-me/

• Like 1

JTBC’s New Rom-Com “Melo Is My Nature” Reveals Fun Sneak Peek At Characters In New Posters

by E. Cha

b5c165f6a204466496f35c0fca69419a.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Melo Is My Nature” has unveiled colorful new posters of its starring cast!

“Melo Is My Nature” is an upcoming romantic comedy drama that will follow three women in their thirties as they attempt to navigate dating and the struggles of their daily lives.

On July 12, the drama released new character posters for each of its five leads. Chun Woo Hee’s poster features the actress looking adorably conflicted as the shopaholic drama writer Im Jin Joo, who may have a bit of a spending problem. The contrast between her stylish outfit and her comfortable slippers hints at the gap between her reality and the luxurious life she wants to lead.

The poster captures Im Jin Joo cutely debating whether to blow her latest paycheck, with the caption reading, “Should I go for it? Or not?”

Spoiler

Chun-Woo-Hee1.jpg

Jeon-Yeo-Bin.jpg

Han-Ji-Eun.jpg

Ahn-Jae-Hong1.jpg

Gong-Myung1.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1338209wpp/jtbcs-new-rom-com-melo-is-my-nature-reveals-fun-sneak-peek-at-characters-in-new-posters

• Like 1

Oh Seung Yun To Be Removed From “Love Me Actually” And “Melo Is My Nature” Due To Recent Controversy

On July 11, it was reported that Oh Seung Yun was booked for aiding and abetting drunk driving, which his agency released a statement about. He had tried to stop “A,” the woman he was with, from driving under the influence of alcohol but was unable to.

Since then, the two programs have announced that they will be making changes regarding Oh Seung Yun.

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Melo Is My Nature” released a statement as the actor was expected to make a regular appearance.

They stated, “The staff has decided to change out Oh Seung Yun with another actor as he was recently booked for aiding and abetting drunk driving.” They added, “As we will be reshooting all scenes from episodes 1 to 14 that Oh Seung Yun filmed and will undergo some reorganization as a result, our premiere date has been delayed to August 9 at 10:50 p.m. KST. We apologize for bringing out drama to viewers at a later date than intended.”

The drama was originally scheduled to premiere on July 26, meaning that it will now be delayed by two weeks as the drama finds a replacement for the actor.

a3a33ebcf1c9403c87bfb75d5d13aa2e.jpeg?s=

https://www.soompi.com/article/1338270wpp/oh-seung-yun-to-be-removed-from-love-me-actually-and-melo-is-my-nature-due-to-recent-controversy

• Sad 1

Watch: Gong Myung Brings Joy To Han Ji Eun’s Life In Teaser For New Rom-Com “Melo Is My Nature”

Jul 19, 2019
by E. Cha
446e75f8650348cea9e024dee2259927.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Melo Is My Nature” has shared a cute glimpse of the chemistry between stars Gong Myung and Han Ji Eun!

“Melo Is My Nature” is a new romantic comedy that follows three women in their thirties as they attempt to navigate dating and the struggles of their daily lives. Han Ji Eun will star in the drama as Hwang Han Joo, a single mother who works as a marketing director at a drama production company.

On July 19, the drama released a new teaser that kicks off with Hwang Han Joo struggling to feed her young son. When she asks him why he’s refusing to eat, he replies bluntly, “I don’t want to become like you, Mom.” Hwang Han Joo then turns to her roommate Im Jin Joo (played by Chun Woo Hee) and wistfully reminisces about how popular she was back in her school days.

A flashback from Hwang Han Joo’s younger years shows countless male students lining up just for the chance to play badminton with her—as well as an enraptured group of boys crowding around her to ask her questions like “When’s your birthday?”

In the end, the young Hwang Han Joo is won over by an eccentric guy who makes her laugh, but the man of her dreams breaks her heart by leaving her when their child is still a baby. Hwang Han Joo looks shell-shocked as she repeats in voice-over, “You want to get a divorce in order to find happiness?” The next scene shows the young mother bursting into tears over a glass of soju, with the caption taunting, “What do any of you know about what it’s like to raise a child?”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1339707wpp/watch-gong-myung-brings-joy-to-han-ji-euns-life-in-teaser-for-new-rom-com-melo-is-my-nature

• Like 1

Yoon Ji On Selected As Oh Seung Yun’s Replacement In “Melo Is My Nature”

Jul 19, 2019
by C. Hong

ff7480e4e94d4ded87637c446fa444ab.jpeg?s=

Actor Yoon Ji On has been cast as Oh Seung Yun’s replacement in JTBC’s “Melo Is My Nature.”

On July 19, a source from the drama confirmed to a media outlet, “Yoon Ji On has been cast in the role of Hyo Bong.”

“Melo Is My Nature” is a romantic comedy that follows three women in their 30s as they attempt to navigate dating and the struggles of their daily lives.

Oh Seung Yun, who had previously been cast in the role of Hyo Bong, was booked for aiding and abetting drunk driving earlier this month. Following this controversy, JTBC decided to remove Oh Seung Yun from the drama and reshoot all the scenes from Episodes 1-14 that the actor had already filmed. The drama’s premiere, originally set for July 25, was also delayed as a result.

Yoon Ji On began his career as a musical actor, appearing in productions like “The Goddess Is Watching,” “Secretly, Greatly,” and “Charlie Charlie.” He has also made an appearance in dramas like “Dear My Room” and movies like “Bad Police” and “Along With the Gods.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339808wpp/yoon-ji-on-selected-as-oh-seung-yuns-replacement-in-melo-is-my-nature

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chun Woo Hee And Ahn Jae Hong Are A Boisterous Couple In Their Own World In “Melo Is My Nature”

Jul 31, 2019
by L. Kim

26c0917af3304cdfa9883e190eb5e46a.jpeg?s=

Melo is My Nature” released new stills of Chun Woo Hee and Ahn Jae Hong!

The drama is about three female friends in their 30s and their concerns, romance, and daily lives.

On July 30, “Melo Is My Nature” unveiled stills of the unusual couple Im Jin Joo (Chun Woo Hee) and Son Bum Soo (Ahn Jae Hong). From engaging in a battle on the guitar to being in a deep discussion, the two aren’t embarrassed about being loud and fun in the lobby of a broadcasting station. Viewers are already anticipating their eccentric chemistry.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1342461wpp/chun-woo-hee-and-ahn-jae-hong-are-a-boisterous-couple-in-their-own-world-in-melo-is-my-nature

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Be Melodramatic/Melo Is My Nature, 멜로가 체질 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST