[Drama 2019] Be Melodramatic/Melo Is My Nature, 멜로가 체질

larus

Honey Lee And Jin Seon Kyu To Make Cameo Appearance In “Melo Is My Nature”

Aug 2, 2019
by C. Hong

f1ffef81b4d84dbc88117e1e49092fd5.jpeg?s=

Honey Lee and Jin Seon Kyu have reunited in “Melo Is My Nature!”

“Melo Is My Nature” is an upcoming Friday-Saturday drama from JTBC that is directed by Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Young and written by Lee Byung Hun and Kim Young Young.

Lee Byung Hun also directed the film “Extreme Job,” which starred both Honey Lee and Jin Seon Kyu and was a box-office hit in South Korea earlier this year. Honey Lee and Jin Seon Kyu agreed to make a cameo appearance in this film as a couple out of their loyalty to the director.

honey-lee-jin-seon-kyu.jpg

The “Melo Is My Nature” production staff stated, “We are grateful to Honey Lee and Jin Seon Kyu for agreeing so readily to a short appearance and brightening up our set. Throughout the drama, there will also be cameo appearances from Kim Do Yeon, Kim Il Joong, Kim Kiri, Seo Tae Hoon, Tony Ahn, and Lady Jane in unexpected places.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1342982wpp/honey-lee-and-jin-seon-kyu-to-make-cameo-appearance-in-melo-is-my-nature

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Chun Woo Hee, Gong Myung, Ahn Jae Hong, And More Get Real About Love In “Melo Is My Nature” Preview

Aug 3, 2019
by S. Park
9d93ed97011846b39bbb8f39fe0cfc54.jpeg?s=

Melo Is My Nature” has released its first preview!

The upcoming JTBC romantic comedy is about three women in their 30s who navigate the world of dating and the struggles they face in their daily lives.

In the preview, Chun Woo Hee begins, “My friend said she saw you at a motel.” The words, “And love ended just like that” appear on the screen, but the seemingly sad teaser takes a turn as she runs with joy and dances in the street.

Ahn Jae Hong says to a girl across the table, “I really don’t know why we broke up. You don’t like me right?” After a couple of drinks, Chun Woo Hee vents her frustration and anger about love. When Jeon Yeo Bin turns to Ahn Jae Hong to tell him she likes him, he yells, “Why are you confessing while we’re eating?”

Gong Myung drunkenly screams “I like you” into the sewer, and he lets out an awkward laugh when Han Ji Eun suggests that they start dating. Chun Woo Hee and Ahn Jae Hong become comfortable as they hang out more often. She asks, “Do you have plans to confess your feelings?” and he replies, “I don’t do things like love” as he leans in for a kiss.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343180wpp/watch-chun-woo-hee-gong-myung-ahn-jae-hong-and-more-get-real-about-love-in-melo-is-my-nature-preview

• Like 3

Premiere Watch:

by stroopwafel

Be Melodramatic

premwatch_letmehear4.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Workplace, romance
Episode count: 16 episodes

Reasons to watch: Chun Woo-hee, Jeon Yeo-bin, and Han Ji-eun star as friends in their thirties whose life circumstances suddenly force them to move in together. Though the three women are in their thirties (thus technically adults), they’re still finding their footing in life and the show will follow them as they juggle their careers, families, and love lives. On the romance front, Ahn Jae-hong will be playing a star PD who at turns infuriates and intrigues Chun Woo-hee. He’s incredibly arrogant, but when you get to know him, you realize he’s just a giant dork. Gong Myung’s loveline will be with Han Ji-eun. He’s the newest hire at her drama production company and though he’s a sweet, mildmannered man, their potiential relationship is complicated by the fact that Han’s a single mother and his boss. Added bonus, film director Lee Byung-heon (Extreme Job) makes his drama directing debut with Be Melodramatic. I’ve seen his film, Twenty which was a coming of age story about three young men who were best friends, so I trust that he’ll be able to tell a story about strong friendships but with three women this time.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/premiere-watch-let-me-hear-your-song-welcome-2-life-melo-suits-me/

• Like 3

Watch: Jeon Yeo Bin, Chun Woo Hee, And Han Ji Eun Aren’t Afraid To Go Against Social Norms In “Melo Is My Nature” Teaser

Aug 8, 2019
by S. Nam
efd1f35d69584d838c8771c4f5e6e87c.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Melo Is My Nature” has released a new highlight video introducing all the main characters!

The upcoming JTBC romantic comedy is about three women in their 30s who navigate the world of dating and the struggles they face in their daily lives.

The highlight video begins with Im Jin Joo (Chun Woo Hee) telling everyone about the misconception that women measure value by appearance and saying she wants to bring a solution. The scene suddenly switches over to a club where the three friends are approached by men. They each take turns rejecting the men, with Chun Woo Hee saying that she’s at the club to escape, Lee Eun Jung (Jeon Yeo Bin) explaining that she came with her boyfriend, and Hwang Han Joo (Han Ji Eun) saying she’s a mother.

The video then moves on to a montage of clips of the actors acting childish or appearing lost with the caption, “When [you] thought being 30 meant that you were an adult…?”

Following the clips, Im Jin Joo is shown receiving the compliment, “I think you’re strangely amazing.” The teaser introduces her as an eccentric and unpredictable drama scriptwriter with a hilarious scene of her eating jokbal (Korean braised pig’s trotters) and soju while saying, “You can’t skip the soju even if it gets difficult!”

The next character the teaser shows is the documentary director Lee Eun Jung who is constantly looked down upon by her superiors. However, she isn’t afraid to speak her mind, saying that she wants to stay healthy rather than drink and even cursing out her superior when he drunkenly flirts with her.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1344087wpp/watch-jeon-yeo-bin-chun-woo-hee-and-han-ji-eun-arent-afraid-to-go-against-social-norms-in-melo-is-my-nature-teaser

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Be Melodramatic/Melo Is My Nature 멜로가 체질 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

“Doctor John” Reigns Over Its Time Slot With No. 1 Ratings; “Melo Is My Nature” Premieres To Modest Start

Aug 10, 2019
by E. Cha
b2fd7947d47c4b2eaa9eac2fd56f5921.jpeg?s=

August 9 also marked the premiere of JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Melo Is My Nature,” a romantic comedy that follows three women in their thirties as they attempt to navigate dating and the struggles of their daily lives. The first episode of the drama, which stars Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, Han Ji Eun, Ahn Jae Hong, and Gong Myung, scored an average viewership rating of 1.790 percent nationwide.

“Doctor John” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST, while “Melo Is My Nature” airs at 10:50 p.m. KST.

The premiere of “Melo Is My Nature” will soon be available with English subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1344481wpp/ji-sungs-new-drama-doctor-john-reigns-over-its-time-slot-with-no-1-ratings

“Melo Is My Nature” Shares Sneak Peek Of Upcoming Cameo By Weki Meki’s Kim Doyeon

Aug 10, 2019
by J. Lim

99ea6fa41a99467196a779eebd1db092.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Melo Is My Nature” has shared new stills of Weki Meki’s Kim Doyeon making a special appearance!

“Melo Is My Nature” premiered on August 9 and follows the story of three women as they try to navigate dating and the struggles of their day-to-day lives. The drama stars Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin, Han Ji Eun, Ahn Jae Hong, and Gong Myung, and was off to a modest start in ratings with its first episode.

The new stills give viewers a sneak peek in to the cameo appearance Kim Doyeon will make in the drama as popular girl group member and actress Doyeon. She has quite the aura as she sits, watching as Han Joo (played by Han Ji Eun) and Jae Hoon (played by Gong Myung) are anxiously facing her holding some fried chicken. She doesn’t look too pleased about something, and there is set to be a bit of tension as Han Joo and Jae Hoon try to include product placement in the drama Doyeon is appearing in.

Weki-Meki-Kim-Doyeon.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1344509wpp/melo-is-my-nature-shares-sneak-peek-of-upcoming-cameo-by-weki-mekis-kim-doyeon

• Like 2

Be Melodramatic: Episode 1

by SailorJumun

melosuitsme01-00340.jpg

Meet the latest group of gal pals to join dramaland. They’re thirty, flirty, and thriving — ready to face life’s challenges head on. JTBC’s Be Melodramatic had to postpone the premiere due to re-casting, but, boy, am I glad that it’s finally here. Something tells me that hanging with these girls is going to be a good ol’ time.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/be-melodramatic-episode-1/

• Like 3

I've watched the first two episodes but this drama hasn't really "caught" with me yet.  The concept sounds good but the drama thus far really seems confusingly all-over-the-place.  It's not keeping my attention, and I have to keep reminding myself which character is which.  I'll keep watching for at least two more episodes before I decide whether to stay or to stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0ly40 said:

Hi, what happened with this drama. Where is the fans/followers. It isn't worth to watch it?

Well, for my view, see the post above yours.  ;)  I think this drama is a mess, and I am not impressed.  Whether or not I will continue watching depends entirely upon this week's episodes.

However, I think there is a different type of drama for everyone.  What I like may not be your cup of tea; and what you like may not be mine.  We never know what will reach into our hearts and touch us to the core.  Being different in this is a good thing.

Surely there are people who are enjoying this drama.....it's just that I'm not one of them unless the drama improves substantially and quickly.  I really want to like it but it hasn't reached me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thistle said:

Well, for my view, see the post above yours.  ;)  I think this drama is a mess, and I am not impressed.  Whether or not I will continue watching depends entirely upon this week's episodes.

However, I think there is a different type of drama for everyone.  What I like may not be your cup of tea; and what you like may not be mine.  We never know what will reach into our hearts and touch us to the core.  Being different in this is a good thing.

Surely there are people who are enjoying this drama.....it's just that I'm not one of them unless the drama improves substantially and quickly.  I really want to like it but it hasn't reached me.

Thanks @thistle for the information. I will give a try on this drama later on. Maybe after a couple of weeks. I normally prefer romantic and tragedy dramas. I will wait some more to watch it, because I have a large pile of airing dramas for watch. :blush:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

Thanks @thistle for the information. I will give a try on this drama later on. Maybe after a couple of weeks. I normally prefer romantic and tragedy dramas. I will wait some more to watch it, because I have a large pile of airing dramas for watch. :blush:

Although this is supposed to be "romantic comedy" I am not finding it funny; instead, it's making me cringe.  I feel so sorry for one of the lead males that it's painful.  Worse, I absolutely cannot either understand or tolerate any of the three FLs.

After episode 3, I am done.  Not worth my time.

I may come back to see how things play out in the the (just because I am curious like that) but there is no way I am watching this show.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I'm actually really enjoying this drama! It's a little eccentric but, as I've heard elsewhere, gives me Age of Youth vibes but for an older crowd - which is something that strongly appeals to me. The main characters are unique and raw in their own way and the drama retains both a sense of realism yet balances it with absurdity. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but it's on my radar as very promising and I can't wait to see how the show progresses!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Boshky said:

Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but it's on my radar as very promising and I can't wait to see how the show progresses!

To be fair, I absolutely could not stand Secret Life of My Secretary while hoardes of other people adored it.  It made my flesh crawl, and this show is kinda doing that, too.  Perhaps I'm just not suited for watching romantic comedy.   

Glad that you are enjoying!  :)

• Like 2

I love it. I love it so much.

It's introspective and has that special something-something, that weird humor you can only find in Korean dramas. It's so FUNNY. The actors are terrific. The story is impactful without feeling too maudlin. It's just "my style," as they say.

I've been feeling slumpy, and this reminded me why K-dramas are so darn special. I watch about a dozen K-dramas per year, but I become completely obsessed with one, or maybe two at most. This is my new one.

My only complaint is that the actor who plays Eun Jeong's dead bf, Han Joo's ex, and Hyo Bong all look... too similar. The main women are so distinct (looks, manner, voice) but these men are so indistinct, I can't tell them apart. One of them needs to color his hair or something.

In Gook's smart mouth is LIFE.

I'm afraid to jinx it because if you love a drama too much it might get disappointing later, but I'm confident this will be a delight until the end. Strong writing, well-drawn characters, bomb actors. It is LOVE.

I didn't even like "Extreme Job" (movie, same director) that much. It was a monster hit in Korea, but I just didn't get it. Also, I actually began watching this because I thought Honey Lee was in it and was disappointed to find out it was a very brief cameo. And I don't even recognize any of the main three female actors! They're primarily movie actresses, and I DID watch some of their movies before but never noticed them. So, yeah, there is no built-in reason I have to love this, but I do.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, chickfactor said:

My only complaint is that the actor who plays Eun Jeong's dead bf, Han Joo's ex, and Hyo Bong all look... too similar. The main women are so distinct (looks, manner, voice) but these men are so indistinct, I can't tell them apart. One of them needs to color his hair or something.

Omg, I absolutely agree. I thought I am the only one who find the actors looking similar to one another! 

But other than that, this is my kind of drama like AOY. Sad that it's ratings are not higher

• Like 2