Director: Jiang Jia Jun

Broadcast Period: November 3rd to November 22nd, 2020

Cast:

Tiffany Tang as Xiao Yanyan
Shawn Dou as Han Derang
Charmaine Sheh as Xiao Hunian
Jing Chao as Yelü Xian

Synopsis:

The drama chronicles the life of Xiao Yanyan, who becomes the most powerful woman of the Liao dynasty after marrying Yelü Xian. Though their marriage was not one built on romance, the policies she instated has helped her earn the respect and love of her husband. Xiao Yanyan becomes empress dowager after her husband's death, and is finally free to marry her childhood sweetheart and main love interest Han Derang, who had become the most influential Han official in the Liao court.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Shawn Dou 窦骁 Official Soompi Thread

The Legend of Xiao Chuo 燕云台 English Subbed Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 2:12 PM, airgreen said:

Yes, I liked Tiffany Tang in Princess Weiyoung and Shawn Dou in Princess Agents! 

Hi, there!

Yes, I found Shawn Duo compelling in Princess Agents and so conflicted. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Legend of Xiao Chuo 燕云台

A piece of BGM used in Ep1 of the latest TV drama Legend of Xiao Chuo (starring Luo Jin’s wife Tang Yan) bears great simiilarity to Royal Nirvana’s 《鹤》. You can fast forward to just after 10 mins or so to hear it. 

Ah Kun’s name does not appear in the credits so not sure what’s going on. 

Someone did a comparison clip here.

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4567553536622596

42 minutes ago, PPB said:

Does anyone know if it'll come soon to either Prime, Netflix, YouTube, or IQiyi, anywhere like that? I'd love to see it. Thanks. 

I saw WeTV maybe check utube.

OMG 60 episodes!!!!! I thought they cut down on the episodes!!! 

20 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

It is listed on Tencent and many other sources as 48 episodes. The first post needs to be updated.

that is better :). Too many episodes can be draggy.

So I just watched 2 episodes, and the current Old King is a real POS!!! He just goes mad and killed people!!! Hmm, I don't quite see the chemistry between FL/ML, but I hope more scenes will allow that to happen. So far the filming is good, and the music too.

I’m watching this series for MingYi lol. His character is like the most fleshed out in term of emotional acting so far. Shawn’s character is too good and lack of conflicts/emotions so it’s pretty boring so far, same with Tiffany’s YanYan. Their chemistry is a bit lacking, too. But then I don’t think I’ve seen much of Tiffany’s series so I don’t know if this normal. I’ve seen weiyoung, but we all know the chemistry is off the chart there because her husband was truly in love with her and shine it on the screen xD

idm Tiffany but it’s true that due to the pregnancy, her reactions/movements are slower than it should be for a young, energetic and full of kungfu 16-18yo. Just to clarify, I found it’s a bit nasty on netizens to attack her for being pregnant (pregnant women should be able to continue working). However, you do see it on screen, which is rather sad :( (idm the little bulging tummy, as it could be she’s wearing thick clothes and who cares if her tummy’s a bit chubby :p it just I can see all the movements are slow lol).

anyway, since I’m watching this for MingYi, it doesn’t matter in the end :p (I apologise if I offend any fans, just saying, not trying to be nasty/mean in anyway). Hopefully, she’s getting better as the series go on

I've seen it's now on YouTube with subtitles, very fast! (I don't understand why some shows get subtitles immediately on YouTube, some later, and some not at all... Does anyone know why?) I think they are up to ep9. I'll be watching it at some point, though it's meant to be a bit "trope heavy". 

On 11/9/2020 at 7:49 AM, Alila N said:

I’m watching this series for MingYi lol. His character is like the most fleshed out in term of emotional acting so far. Shawn’s character is too good and lack of conflicts/emotions so it’s pretty boring so far, same with Tiffany’s YanYan. Their chemistry is a bit lacking, too. But then I don’t think I’ve seen much of Tiffany’s series so I don’t know if this normal. I’ve seen weiyoung, but we all know the chemistry is off the chart there because her husband was truly in love with her and shine it on the screen xD

idm Tiffany but it’s true that due to the pregnancy, her reactions/movements are slower than it should be for a young, energetic and full of kungfu 16-18yo. Just to clarify, I found it’s a bit nasty on netizens to attack her for being pregnant (pregnant women should be able to continue working). However, you do see it on screen, which is rather sad :( (idm the little bulging tummy, as it could be she’s wearing thick clothes and who cares if her tummy’s a bit chubby :p it just I can see all the movements are slow lol).

anyway, since I’m watching this for MingYi, it doesn’t matter in the end :p (I apologise if I offend any fans, just saying, not trying to be nasty/mean in anyway). Hopefully, she’s getting better as the series go on

I'm watching for Ming Yi as well. He feels so real!  Many people to see him as the guy it stole his best friend's girl but in reality she was supposed to marry into the emperor's clan. Given who YanYan was and her royal status she couldn't just marry whoever the heck she wanted. I truly believe Ming Yi had his country's best interest at heart when he chose her he saw her passion for politics her love of country and knew she make a perfect Queen.   Well Han Derang sees her as his greatest love Ming Yi sees her as an equal someone who will help him rule.  Plus with Ming Yi's brother being castrated Ming Yi has to produce heirs.  I just hate over complicated love triangles it's is bad as Empress Ki. In history she wasn't unhappy with the emperor and had no problem marrying him. Why complicated the plot for drama sake.

Archived