Episodes: 16

Network: Channel A

Airdate: July 5th - August 24th, 2019

Airtime: Fri & Sat 23:00 KST

Director: Kim Jung Min
Screenwriter: Yoo So Jung

Official site: HERE

Synopsis:

Son Ji Eun moves to a small city due to her husband's new job as a civil servant. She works part-time at a mart. Son Ji Eun is quiet and sincere. Her life in the small city becomes boring. Son Ji Eun's life is shaken by Yoon Jung Woo. Yoon Jung Woo is a biology teacher at a local school.

Cast:

Park Ha Sun as Son Ji Eun

ji-eun.png

Lee Sang Yeob as Yoon Jun Woo

yeob.png

Ye Ji Won as Choi Soo Ah

in.png

Jo Dong Hyuk as Do Ha Yoon

jun.png

Jung Sang Hoon as Ji Chang Gook (Son Ji Eun’s husband)

husb1.jpg
Choi Byung Mo as Lee Young Jae (Choi Soo Ah’s husband)

husb2.jpg

Ryu Abel as Noh Min Young (Yoon Jun Woo's wife)

wife1.jpg

Yoo Seo Jin (Do Ha Yoon's ex-wife)

wife2.jpg

Others

Oh Dong Min as Kang Chul
Hwang Suk Jung as Shim Clara
Park Min Ji as Go Yoon Ah
Hwang Jung Min
Shin Soo Yun
Jung Ye Jin
Hyeri

Character Chart:

relation_2019_05_31_013735952.png

Teasers:

OST:

Part 1 - Jang Hye Jin - Water Bubble

Part 2 - So Jun (Ladies' Code) - Yesterday

Spoiler

Part 3 - Wong San - One

Part 4 - Hye Seung - I want U

Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon - 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - First Half 2019 - Park Ha Sun & Lee Sang Yeob
  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@0ly40, thank you so much for starting this thread....   I love Lee Sang Yeob, and I so look forward to this drama.

Call to some friends: @evie7@Lmangla, @sava2sava, @Go Seung Ji

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Park Ha-sun, Lee Sang-yub cast in Channel A romance melo
parkhasun-leesangyeob-afternoonlovers.jp

I’m usually not one for adultery dramas, but if Lee Sang-yub’s (Top Star Yoo Baek) going to be in this, I know I’m going to check this out, at least at the beginning. Channel A is planning a remake of Japanese dorama Hirugao, titled Weekday Afternoon Lovers, and Park Ha-sun (Drinking Solo) and Lee Sang-yub have been cast as leads in the romance melo.

Read more on Dramabeans

Please make sure to also submit a license request form to Viki

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

5 hours ago, evie7 said:

Did you watch the J-Drama? I always meant to but never found the time.

@evie7, oh, I am glad you are in!    I have not watched the Japanese series, but marked to watch it.  Will probably watch it after this one....

I too love Park Ha Sun, and I am thrilled that Lee Sang Yeob got the lead, in a romantic drama....  I have wanted to see him as a romantic lead ever since I saw him in House of Bluebird, and then the latest Top Star Yoo Baek.  He "stole my heart" in both. I so wanted him to have been the lead.

2 hours ago, irilight said:

Amen to that!

My heart broke for him in Top Star Yoo Baek....

Good evening :D

Loved how genuine & sweet heart he was in Top star Yoo Beak  , for me yes the sexy man won the girl :wub: but he got my heart :mrgreen: 

So I will tune in and watch him kiss , hug ,or whatever the lead guy do :yum: the sky is limit . 

Something to remind us  , how good he was :heart:

Spoiler

I need to tag some people that may appreciate romance , @triplem , @Sejabin , @avondale16 , @ktcjdrama :joy:

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Good evening :D

Loved how genuine & sweet heart he was in Top star Yoo Beak  , for me yes the sexy man won the girl :wub: but he got my heart :mrgreen: 

I need to tag some people that may appreciate romance , @triplem , @Sejabin , @avondale16 , @ktcjdrama :joy:

Thank you @Ameera Ali for tagging me. Looking forward.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - First Half 2019 - Park Ha Sun & Lee Sang Yeob
  • 3 weeks later...

1b14d12cea50459fb033fcb56cc43148.jpeg?s=

Park Ha Sun, Lee Sang Yeob, Ye Ji Won, And Jo Dong Hyuk Confirmed For Upcoming Remake Of Japanese Drama

Park Ha Sun, Lee Sang Yeob, Ye Ji Won, and Jo Dong Hyuk have been confirmed to star in upcoming Channel A drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” (literal title).

The drama is about adults who struggle through the difficulties of forbidden love. It is a remake of Japanese channel Fuji TV’s drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon.”

Park Ha Sun will play the sincere, average woman Son Ji Eun, and Lee Sang Yeob will play the boyish, innocent man Yoon Jung Woo. After coincidentally meeting each other one day, they go through excruciatingly repetitive daily routines and completely twisted experiences. Their innocent yet fatal love story unfolds throughout the drama.

Ye Ji Won will be taking on the role of the charming Choi Soo Ah, who holds onto a fatal secret, while Jo Dong Hyuk will be taking on the role of Do Ha Yoon, a sensitive man and a talented artist. They will show what happens as they fall into a forbidden relationship that they cannot resist.

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” is slated to air in the first half of 2019.

source
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment on the article, to help bring this drama to Viki.

And also, please submit license request form for it.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

On 2/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, Ameera Ali said:

So I will tune in and watch him kiss , hug ,or whatever the lead guy do :yum: the sky is limit . 

dragonhiplz.gif?1 Hello chingu, this is definitely a Pervy Ahjumma must see. 

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

there is an audrey hepburn movie with that name

Thank you. I love old movies and had not heard of this one. The director Billy Wilder's work is always a must see for me. I'm not that crazy about Gary Cooper but I love Audrey Hepburn. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this movie.

12 hours ago, evie7 said:

Thank you. I love old movies and had not heard of this one. The director Billy Wilder's work is always a must see for me. I'm not that crazy about Gary Cooper but I love Audrey Hepburn. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this movie.

Same here, @evie7. I love Audrey Hepburn and Director Billy Wilder.

I actually saw the movie years ago, and do not remember much. Time for re-watch... Thank you to @enigmatic_zephy, for reminding us of it.

Has anyone seen the Japanese version?

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - First Half 2019 - Park Ha Sun & Lee Sang Yeob
  • 2 weeks later...

Jung Sang-hoon to Star in "Love Affairs in the Afternoon"

photo1049947.jpg

Actor Jung Sang-hoon is starring in the Channel A drama "Love Affairs in the Afternoon".

"Love Affairs in the Afternoon" is an adult drama about forbidden love. It is a remake of a 2014 Japanese drama, "Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon", starring Park Ha-sun, Lee Sang-yeob, Ye Ji-won, and Jo Dong-hyuk. This is the tale of a married couple who move to the country for the husband's job. The wife gets a job at a grocery, but soon grows bored with life. That changes, however, when she meets a local biology teacher.

Jung Sang-hoon plays Ji Chang-gook, a social welfare chief at a district office and husband to Son Ji-eun (Park Ha-sun). Jung Sang-hoon is a multi-entertaining star who starred in various dramas such as "Lucky Romance", "Incarnation of Jealousy", "Big Forest", films "Heung-boo: The Revolutionist", "The Last Princess" as well as musicals "All Shook Up" and more.

"Love Affairs in the Afternoon" will come out in the early half of the year.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I am confused. If he is playing Park Ha-Sun's character's husband is he he lead, and Lee Sang Yeob (as I  was hoping...?)

On 2/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, Ameera Ali said:

Love affair in the afternoon :D - lovely I am all about love affairs  

Happy for him He get a lead , I can sleep peacefully knowing that he will get the girl  in this drama :mrgreen:

On 2/26/2019 at 6:01 AM, Ameera Ali said:

Thanks for the tag, chingu! I didn't realized it until now... sometimes the notifications got too long that I didn't check properly :sweatingbullets:

I want to watch this, even if just for LSY alone... but then, will he really get the girl this time? It says that it is about a forbidden love, an innocent yet fatal love story :wacko:... and I really am not into adultery story line.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I want to watch this, even if just for LSY alone... but then, will he really get the girl this time?

@ktcjdrama, that is my reason to watch it too...   I want to see him as a lead - romantic lead.

Now,  that we learn that Jung Sang-Hoon will be playing the husband, I am not sure who is the lead anymore....

And I am also not into adultery on line...  LSY as the adulterer ?
Not really what I wanted - if that is the case....

22 hours ago, irilight said:

This is the tale of a married couple who move to the country for the husband's job. The wife gets a job at a grocery, but soon grows bored with life. That changes, however, when she meets a local biology teacher.

@irilight based on the synopsis above, yes, LSY will be the single man romancing the bored wife of a social welfare chief. Could this be something like The Bridges of Madison County? Have you watched that?

I'll try it a couple of episodes and see how it goes. Like for the drama On The Way to Airport, until the end, I couldn't get on with the main couple's love story because it was still wrong imo, although lots of viewers were vouching for them.

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@irilight based on the synopsis above, yes, LSY will be the single man romancing the bored wife of a social welfare chief. Could this be something like The Bridges of Madison County? Have you watched that?

I'll try it a couple of episodes and see how it goes. Like for the drama On The Way to Airport, until the end, I couldn't get on with the main couple's love story because it was still wrong imo, although lots of viewers were vouching for them.

I don't like adultery shows either and could only watch two episodes of the Airport show. I read the husband was a control freak, that might be an acceptable reason or excuse to people who liked that relationship. There is no mention of what the husband is like in this show. I have seen the guy as second lead in a few shows. The main actress got married to the actor Ryu not long ago I think. I cannot remember his full name.

Did they say how many episodes it is going to be? I am going to watch one or two episodes to check it out.

Archived