Quantcast
0ly40

[Upcoming Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - First Half 2019 - Park Ha Sun & Lee Sang Yeob

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Did they say how many episodes it is going to be? I am going to watch one or two episodes to check it out.

No info yet about the number of episodes.

The thing is, it may not be easy to get subbed episodes because this is on Channel A.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:51 PM, ktcjdrama said:

@irilight based on the synopsis above, yes, LSY will be the single man romancing the bored wife of a social welfare chief. Could this be something like The Bridges of Madison County? Have you watched that?

I'll try it a couple of episodes and see how it goes. Like for the drama On The Way to Airport, until the end, I couldn't get on with the main couple's love story because it was still wrong imo, although lots of viewers were vouching for them.

@ktcjdrama, I did see Bridges of Madison County. I loved it, but not only for the story, and also their acting.

I did not see On the Way to the Airport.

I did see  Temptation.  The thread here on Soompi was in battles over it  - those who liked and those who did not like; They were ready to dual each other.... the different camps.... And I was thinking... "It's only a Kdrama..."

I wonder what it is about a movie or drama about adultery,  that sometime let us at least take it as is - face value, with no judgement really,  and enjoy what is offered - as was the case in Bridges. And other movies or Drama that have us ready to do battle over them.

Did you happen to have seen the Japanese Drama this is based on?

@maribella, no news of number of episodes yet.

• Like 3

No, I haven't seen the original Japanese drama. I don't usually watch Japanese dramas. 

I too love Bridges of Madison County. I thought the story was very well told. I could really feel for the female lead. Of course I was at a different stage of life when I watched it (much younger, unmarried). Maybe I should do a rewatch now :P 

I finished OTWTTA, and there were differing opinions on the thread as well.

I think this drama will be more like Bridges. Let's see...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, irilight said:

did see  Temptation.  The thread here on Soompi was in battles over it  - those who liked and those who did not like; They were ready to dual each other.... the different camps.... And I was thinking... "It's only a Kdrama..."

:lol: it does make me wonder, who are watching the shows.

I am ok if there is knee jerking response because it is a Kdrama and there is no need to think, just gut reaction. Argue if you want, just don't get personal.

What gets me rolling on the floor is the deep analyses in the forums where one reads claims that the writer is trying to give a message that says blah blah. I have been watching KDs since Winter Sonata and all shows have the audience' interests showing in many aspects, perhaps dialogue or favourite scenes or pairings.... for commercial value. The fact that shows are taken from popular mangas is already a clear indication that the studios know what they can get out of it. 

Reading so much from an entertainment....tsk tsk tsk...

This show is from a manga. Apart from Goong which I had enjoyed watching for sheer entertainment, I found the ones I tried to watch to be corny. But they seem to be so popular. I think my age is showing.

So I really must watch this one, may be I could feel rejuvenated :lol:. Can someone point me to the Japanese version? Do they have subbed shows?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maribella said:

Can someone point me to the Japanese version? Do they have subbed shows?

@maribella, Yes - the Japanese version was on both Viki and DramaFever. 
Sadly, it is no longer available for N. America on Viki.

https://www.viki.com/tv/28933c-hirugao-love-affairs-in-the-afternoon

I heard from friends of mine who have seen it,  and liked it.
I think I want to watch this upcoming Korean Drama first.

Maybe I'll watch the Japanese Drama after that.

Now I am reading there was also a Japanese movie, that continues after the Japanese Drama ended.

@ktcjdrama, I too, felt for the female lead in Bridges.  I also recently watched a movie called Escape with Gemma Arterton, and she did such a good job in it, that I totally understood where she was coming from.

hmm.  Looks like at one time Choi Byung-Mo was in talks to play the husband.  (I think)> Too bad it fell through...  Maybe it is for a different part, because he is still listed in some sources as part of the cast.

Hopefully, we will get some more news about this Drama soon.

Here is Lee Sang-Yeob IG update, with the drama script.

• Like 3