Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

Oh for second she scare me , when she let him go :joy: 

@lu09 the husband is open minded , he probably waiting for her to finish her fun then have chat with her :mrgreen:, the beach is so big she can’t run far :lol:But I hope bird husband didn't notice his wife outside late  & didn’t feed the bird :joy:

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I’m always tickled at k nets comments in spoiler ( translations credit to 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/love-affairs-in-afternoon-ep-5-spoilers.html?m=1)

Spoiler
DRAMA

[Love Affairs in the Afternoon] Ep 5 spoilers, Park Ha Sun x Lee Sang Yeob

1. [+62, -2]
It's interesting. Lee Sang Yeob is so cool... ㅜㅜ 

2. [+52, -2]
If they get married and lead a simple life with daily routines, would they stay like that forever? Wouldn't everyone be that way before they get married... I hope the story develops beautifully and show that they got through daily routines together~

3. [+38, -3]
They are having an affair and yet I'm nervous and cheering for them? What am I doing?

4. [+24, -2]
They are really romanticizing adultery but isn't that fate...?

5. [+12, -0]
Ye Ji Won is really beautiful. She isn't the kind who is a beauty with a 4D personality but she has a kind of mature beauty ㄷㄷ She is more like the lead because she acts better than the lead ㄷㄷ I will be rooting for her.

6. [+6, -1]
Be it 'Love Affairs in the Afternoon' or 'One Spring Night', no matter how beautifully covered up, an affair is an affair. Park Ha Sun's narration made me feel more uncomfortable. "I know it's bad. I'm not that kind of person. I'm having an affair but I have no choice." It feels like that? Am I being conservative, or is the world going crazy?

7. [+6, -1]
It's really immersive~~ They make my heart flutter.

8. [+5, -0]
Lee Sang Yeob and Jo Dong Hyuk are really cool as they exude different charms. I watch this drama and get heart flutters every Friday and Saturday. Fighting!

9. [+7, -4]
This is just about desire and lust... Nothing but adultery

Regardless the ratings hv doubled since it’s premiere episode, showing great interest from domestic viewers. The ratings ( almost 1.8%)  is high for a relatively small cable channel . 

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 5

OMG. Ji-Eun & Jung-Woo spent the night together:blink: His wife is goin' to go ballistic when she finds out! I love how they spent the day...it was very in keeping to both their love of nature... the fireflies... walk in the forest... etc. 

Overall ep. 07 felt very Soo-Ah-centric. It was nice to see that Bad Boy Van Gogh turn up for the ballet musical date. I'm disgusted by how Soo-Ah's husband looked at that female artist:angry: it was like he was practically drooling. It's funny 'cause Soo-Ah's lovers can't get enough of her LoL & yet her idiotic husband want nothin' to do with her. He sees her only as a maid of some sort & an ornament. :rolleyes:

I've watched plenty of similar scenes where the one like Soo-Ah gets assaulted it seem to mirror what's happening in South Korea at present with their many reports of women bein' taken advantage of. All the while the women were either drunk or passed out which makes it all the more disturbing... To think South Korea is known to be safe

• Like 8
  • Love 1

New stills ! 

Oh my  SA hubs going to have a proof of her infidelity 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

He clearly was lonely before, can’t get enough of her now  , I am excited for more activities between these two :D

4FEDE08A-6E23-44D3-AB61-4F6A6100CDC6.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

@triplem True lol:joy::mrgreen:. I was disappointed:ph34r: that they were gonna stop there Imao:mrgreen:.

@Ameera Ali bwahaha:lol: he is waiting for her lol. From the looks of the new stills, he is taking photos lol:sweat_smile:. I'm starting to feel sorry for her because with this prove of infidelity, she won't get anything if she gets divorce:(.

As for bird husband, hope that colleague of his took him to another round of dance lol:mrgreen::joy:. Hope he never notices until we get enough of cute scenes between them. We and they deserve it :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@triplem

Bus-stop scene and continue at home with MIL

Spoiler

JE: I wanted to contact you but I was afraid you'd feel uncomfortable

JW: Me too. I was afraid my text message will put you in difficult situation

(He saw the broken phone screen)

Your screen is broken.

JE: I dropped it a few days ago

JW: Was it at the time when we were talking on the phone? (but he deleted it and instead type) Ji Eun, I know I have made you feel uncomfortable, how about we... (then her text came in before he finished typing)

JE: How about we set some rules? (He looked to her) Don't look at me, what if the students discovered it...

Bus came. Girls called out to JW bus is here.

JE narration: We set some rules. We don't call each other. We delete text messages after we read it. We don't send further text if there is no reply. And we already know that the price of an affair will be more cruel than these.

At home. JE overhead the MIL and husband in the kitchen.

MIL: What is sexless marriage? Is there sex or is there no sex?

Hub: I'm really going crazy.... Is this really a normal conversation that exist between mother and son?

MIL: Shut up. Answer me quickly.

Hub: Aiyo, such a difficult word, where did you learn it from?

MIL: From Sun-ae Ahjumma

Hub: Is that ahjumma a know-it-all professor?

MIL: Don't beat around, quickly answer me. Do you both really not do that thing?

Hub: This stuff, why must I tell... (JE hit the door)

Then it's some pleasantries about JE apologizing for coming home late, and then MIL said no problem, there's more feels in living to come home late once in a while.

Hub then said: If there's more additional feels, she'll be able to run away from home (MIL kicked him)

MIL: It must be hard to work overtime.

Then it's about whether MIL had eaten already or not. Hub took the chance to chase MIL home by saying only when she leaves then they can do it (sex or sexless). So MIL left and wish them a good time together.

Hub: This is really crazy.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@triplem

Bus-stop scene and continue at home with MIL

Reveal hidden contents

JE: I wanted to contact you but I was afraid you'd feel uncomfortable

JW: Me too. I was afraid my text message will put you in difficult situation

(He saw the broken phone screen)

Your screen is broken.

JE: I dropped it a few days ago

JW: Was it at the time when we were talking on the phone? (but he deleted it and instead type) Ji Eun, I know I have made you feel uncomfortable, how about we... (then her text came in before he finished typing)

JE: How about we set some rules? (He looked to her) Don't look at me, what if the students discovered it...

Bus came. Girls called out to JW bus is here.

JE narration: We set some rules. We don't call each other. We delete text messages after we read it. We don't send further text if there is no reply. And we already know that the price of an affair will be more cruel than these.

At home. JE overhead the MIL and husband in the kitchen.

MIL: What is sexless marriage? Is there sex or is there no sex?

Hub: I'm really going crazy.... Is this really a normal conversation that exist between mother and son?

MIL: Shut up. Answer me quickly.

Hub: Aiyo, such a difficult word, where did you learn it from?

MIL: From Sun-ae Ahjumma

Hub: Is that ahjumma a know-it-all professor?

MIL: Don't beat around, quickly answer me. Do you both really not do that thing?

Hub: This stuff, why must I tell... (JE hit the door)

Then it's some pleasantries about JE apologizing for coming home late, and then MIL said no problem, there's more feels in living to come home late once in a while.

Hub then said: If there's more additional feels, she'll be able to run away from home (MIL kicked him)

MIL: It must be hard to work overtime.

Then it's about whether MIL had eaten already or not. Hub took the chance to chase MIL home by saying only when she leaves then they can do it (sex or sexless). So MIL left and wish them a good time together.

Hub: This is really crazy.

The mother in law is hilarious lol:mrgreen::joy:. What kind of discussion is she having with her own son ROFL???:lol:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Some simple recaps 

I missed the 1st 5mins

SA came home after the cruise. Hubs suspicious of her but just talks about other things

JE & JW in the bus home but both seem uncomfortable, guilty - they crossed the line 

JE reach home - hubs says why so late . She apologised, didn’t realise time spent with Friend. He says it’s  fine . Then back hugs , apologise for the mum’s intrusion. Him being so sweet , makes her feel worse 

jW Wife greets him gives him present. She checks his phone when he showers , think he change his code 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

The heart of Ep7 belongs to CSA whose stark terror, despair, desolation, shame and resigned hopelessness is brought to life by YJW's pitch-perfect performance, and this time, this time I finally care for her and hope she would somehow find happiness and fulfillment, even as I already know it is most probably just a pipe dream. The scene where she tentatively goes to see DHY after the hotel incident brings me to tears as we finally gain insight into CSA's psyche the day she made the fateful decision to keep the hotel appointment after all - and YJW nails every nuance of CSA's raw emotions and vulnerability as she exposed her heart bare before him:

Spoiler

DHY:

How could I have asked you to go to that kind of place?
And you. What would you have done if I had not gone?

CSA:

But you came.
I went because I missed you
I wanted to see you for a moment even if it was in that way
My brain clearly knew it could not be you
Yet my heart still hoped it was you
No... felt that it had to be you
After that, I thought it was you,
It definitely was you
I... must have gone mad over you
Mad until I lost all reason

Just as moving is their reconciliation, the Midsummer Night's Dream ballet recital, and her subsequent dance, allowing the man she loves and loves her in return, to see her true self, the one he instinctively sensed the first day they met -  the woman whose passion for dance had been buried for too long in exchange for material, perhaps realistic needs. The last was such a powerful scene and I ached so much for her - to have taken the senseless, reckless paths that she did all these years, only to finally find someone she loves at a time that can bring her and her children nothing but pain. I don't begrudge her momentary idyll - if anything, I wish it would be longer, but I already fear that it is too late and she will find the price too exacting to pay.

SJE and YJW are in their own world of romantic bliss, and it is so poignant to see them spend those precious moments together, basking in each other's love, momentarily forgetting the reality of their situation. However, again and again, we are reminded of the consequences of their actions even in their sweetest moments. YJW's description of the brief lifespan of the firefly which take a year to metamorphose from egg to adulthood, flicker for roughly 10 days, then dying after laying eggs - "Ending one's life at the brightest moment" - is yet another ominous portent of what lies in wait for them down the road... just as we find similar comparisons with the morning glory, having to dive deep into the earth to breathe, yet never able to bear fruit. Not for the first time, I wish they would be free of their marriages before embarking in the affair, though it is obvious the affair started long before they consummated it, already unfaithful to their respective spouses in their hearts.

It is interesting that DHY's ex-wife seems intent on keeping her knowledge of their affair secret, at least for now. Is it out of concern for her ex-husband, or purely due to pragmatic business considerations. I don't know yet.

The drama continues on its deliberate pace... but it is obvious that consequences are around the corner. Where it succeeds is making me fear for them even while I do not condone their actions, which is an incredible feat... and I hope against hope that there will be a silver lining somewhere, even when I believe there will be none. Well done.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

JE at work - sees two women cat fight over a man. JE feels even more guilty 

jE & JW Wife have tea . The Wife says she thinks    The hubs is cheating. jE - How do you know ?  Will you Leave him The Wife has a hunch . Oh my . JW text JE . Wife was like who is that . JE says it’s her friend 

later JE meets SA and the ladies had a chat over a feet spa. 

Then when JE went home , shocked that mum in law is at her place . jW text her - he bought tickets for movie 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Bird Husband & mom hv coffee where intern works . The mum knows immediately that something is brewing btwn the two . When they walk out , she scolded & slapped his back. She’s stressed 

JE goes to Cinema . They go in separately 

she sits down first 

SA is at Artist place ..lying on his lap both reading to each other 

JW comes in when light dims . They hold hands , her head on his shoulder 

SA & Artist continue to read . He kissed her 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Lololol! Are bird Husband & SA hubs becoming besties now ? They bump into each other outside the cafe . Bird hubs passes him some tickets for an event

meanwhile , SA & Artist go on date - eating , shopping 

SA hubs goes see Artist ex Wife , work stuff . ( Flirts with the young girl)   . Later on when he & the ex Wife discuss work , looking at Artist’s drawing of SA , it hits him that it is indeed her 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Suspicious SA hubs goes to her walk in closet & goes through her stuff 

Artist ex Wife realises now who those earrings belong to 

SA comes home after picking daughter 

SA goes to her closet & sees it in a mess , the hubs come in . He I think asked her to accompany him to some event , she gave some excuse she can’t  , going to meet a friend . He says something like - oh well can’t be helped then.  He walks away , knowing she’s lying . He goes check her car ..can’t find anything. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

JE washing plates at home , thinks of the cinema date . Hubs ask something about the birds ! ( urggh) think she forgot to feed them, he was like this is strange.( unlike her )  She apologised & says I’m really sorry ( probably feeling that guilt of the affair) . Goes to wash room & cries 

eeek . jW Wife goes meet him after school , they bump into the principal. I can’t stand her , she said something like he’ll be joining him in Seoul soon . He never agreed . He stopped her from saying more ( she’s really too much ) 

SA picks her daughter up who had met the spying student.  SA gets text from Artist - I miss you . Daughter asked are you happy mum? 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

JW & Wife at home . She wanted to go out on a date . But he seemed hesitant, then says ok, she was like never mind . I’ll go shopping with my mum. They started arguing.  She knows he’s being distant. In a huff , she says find let’s take a break . I’m going to my parents & she left 

JE sends him a cute cat video , took him a while to reply . Finally he asked her out 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Theme park date . He gave her a cute gift - cat key chain. She’s like I have gift to ! The animal head bands . They hv a nice  time at the theme park . 

Spoiler

SA drives Artist  - headed for the beach . Oh my the hubs had put in a gps locator & is tracking her car. 

Bird hubs setting up some event . Then intern comes to look for him . SA hubs comes to look for him - ask him for help to look after his kids ( haha he wanted to go spy on the wife ) . Intern volunteers to help look after the girls , takes them to the park . Spying student joins them. Oldest daughter introduces him as the BF 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Oh oh ! SA hubs follows the gps locator to the beachside town. Sees SA car parked  . Looks around . Sees the Wife & Artist at a cafe , he runs towards the place . But they have left by the time he got there. The went to the beach , enjoying themselves. But hubs spots them. He was terrifyingly calm but anger was visible on his face as he watched them from afar

Jw / JE chatting at the theme park , he takes her hand & they walk .  Some students spot him.  Calls him . They quickly unlinked hands . Later removed their head bands & walked separately. ( reality check ! ) 

Intern comes back to bird hubs , links her arm around his . He shrugs it off , but she was persistent & drags him off to take a break 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Back at the beach. The hubs still tailing the wife & Arrtist late into the evening . He sees them Enter some campervans . He keeps entering the wrong van. They were kissing & making out as he frantically runs around  . He comes to the last van , hesitating to open it 

Spoiler

the Daughters & spying student as well as intern & bird hubs enjoying fireworks. He looks at intern & feels something 

jE  , JW watching fireworks too at theme park , they hold hands & look at each other , he asked her something ( need subs) but it was a darn romantic scene that led to another bedscene ! 

( omg . My heart can’t take this ) 

preview / SA marriage seems to break down. Guilt is getting the better of JE as she realised ( if not mistaken ) JW is friend’s Husband.  Tears ahead ! Urghhhb

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Posted (edited)

This was the first scene I missed out, the Kiss from last night was even hotter but they didn’t actually do the deed as text came in for JE , and I think JE felt bad 

She went to pick up the call , and they ended up not sleeping with each other , and took the bus back

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4