Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

Nice to read that k netz are beginning to come round to support the drama 

Credit https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/love-affairs-in-afternoon-ep-3-spoilers.html?m=1

Love Affairs in the Afternoon] Ep 3 spoilers, Park Ha Sun x Lee Sang Yeob

3.jpg
Article: Naver 'Love Affairs in the Afternoon' Park Ha Sun, pent-up anger + sorrow outburst 

1. [+41, -1] 
"Am I a bird? I said I wanted a baby. When did I say I wanted a bird?"

2. [+36, -4] 
The cinematography, script, the cast and their acting skills are really outstanding. It's a pity if people aren't watching this because of the plot. 

3. [+20, -2] 
Time just passed by without knowing while I was watching episode 3.

4. [+19, -1] 
Is Chang Kook crazy? Ji Eun, Park Ha Sun has been feeling frustrated. It's been a while since she let it all out.

5. [+15, -0] 
I'm really in love with this drama.

6. [+11, -0] 
It's true that it's an affair but there are moments which I can relate to, so I get immersed while watching ^^ There are some scenes where I have felt those emotions in real life
. It's calming and I'm enjoying the drama~^^

7. [+9, -0] 
There are many people who comment without watching. The drama is not painting a beautiful picture of having an affair. It is showing what happens after having an affair (the narration at the end of episode 2 seems to be a hint regarding the ending). It's a good piece that teaches couples, lovers, and families if they feel neglected or lonely due to the lack of consideration and communication.

8. [+9, -1] 
I really like Park Ha Sun's composed narration. 

9. [+4, -0] 
It's interesting. I didn't know I could be so mesmerized by this drama.

10. [+1, -0] 
Park Ha Sun, it's been a while since you got a good role!
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 3

Just finished watching ep 5 with subs. Idky I am happy Ji Eun is doing something for herself. The walk in the forest. And i lve the metaphor that JW gave his left hand (the one with his wedding ring) to her and she accepted with the hand with the ring too. It’s like they know they are married to someone else and what they did is wrong but they are not shy about it as their feelings comes first. 

And the Ep6 preview. Is NmY really pregnant??? Is it her husband’s baby??? I kinda doubt it. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here. I am curious to know - has anyone here watched the Japanese version of this drama? I did (last few weeks) and let’s just say my reviews are mixed. I was really looking forward to watching this version. I am 5 episodes in and I am blown-away! Will go back to silent lurking to read your posts!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Ep.6 was a great episode. I have mixed feelings again. Happy to see them finally embracing their true feelings, yet sad for them knowing they are doing something so wrong that will only have sad consequences...

I'm really curious whyyyyyy if really not feeling anything anymore with their spouses, they don't just opt for a divorce and then can be together openly? Not that I encourage divorce... Both require courage, and I'd think having an affair is so much more difficult to own up to than asking for a divorce.

The habitual liar NMY to maintain good "face" is at it again. Makes me wonder which are the things she said to her husband that is truth or lie...

• Like 10
  • Love 3

2 posts on same page - my apologies, I’m not sure if this is allowed. 

I am not convinced (and I hope the writers do not try to convince the audience) that the marital problems between all couples can be solved by communication alone. Imo, there are irreparable cracks in their relationships long before the marriage. And it is very possible that each person went into the marriage thinking the other person will change once married. That rarely, if ever, happens. More often than not, the minor irritations before marriage become major irritations after marriage. 

The Japanese version had 11 episodes. It seems this version will have 12 (?).  I’m hoping that the 12th episode makes all the difference. (No pressure on the writers whatsoever :lol:). 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the thread @TomiCh Glad you delurked  . Don’t worry you can post a few times in the same page . What we discourage is consecutive posting ( means one after another with no other posts in between) . However we do give exceptions to live recaps of episodes & press conferences . Also for quiet threads , it’s fine to post again after an hour . This guideline came about in the past to prevent spamming & to give other members an opportunity to join in the conversation as well . 

———

Watching this drama can be terribly addictive & makes me feel so philosophical :mrgreen:. I suppose  the drama is trying to paint a moral dilemma & it intends to provoke the viewer. The affair is wrong but why does it feel so right ? ( JE-JW ) 

I think it’s a misconception that people always marry for love  & and I agree that not all things can be solved by communication.  If you have been married Long enough , you’ll know the other person has to respond in like , and more often than not someone ends up giving in more & it can be suffocating . Sometimes it’s hard when you have fallen out of love . That’s  how I view JW , in fact I doubt he was ever really in love with the Wife . Not saying this to justify the affair with JE , and of course he should have sorted his marriage problems first but ottoke , the “right” person appears at the “wrong” time .

The consequences will be bad of course but 

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10806552

Actually what I’m still wondering is why bird Husband has no physical desires for JE given that it’s a relatively new marriage ? I think he does love her & she’s not unattractive. Also  @ktcjdrama  - I watched it raw & did JE tell

the mum in law they have not been physically intimate? ( I wonder if they have even consummated the marriage) 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, triplem said:

the mum in law they have not been physically intimate? ( I wonder if they have even consummated the marriage) 

The MIL came rushing to her because she just woke up from a nap with a dream that she believes interpreted to having babies. JE just said it's impossible for them to have children, so please stop talking about it.

Then the MIL went to ask her son if he is impotent, to which the son just replied that they're not thinking of having children and added they sleep holding hands.

The better Chinese sub is out now. I think next week I should just wait a little later before watching.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

Yeah it is strange if a man doesn’t have a normal desire to a woman who sleeps next to him every night. Unless he has different orientation. But strangely his orientation is 2 birds. This bird husband is so pathetic as a man and a husband

• LOL 8

2 hours ago, Sejabin said:

Yeah it is strange if a man doesn’t have a normal desire to a woman who sleeps next to him every night. Unless he has different orientation. But strangely his orientation is 2 birds. This bird husband is so pathetic as a man and a husband

I just noticed; in ep 7 prev, this bird man back hugged his wife... and he look serious... i kind of dislike it.. hihihi...

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

So proud of Soo-Ah's eldest!:thumbsup:

The husband kept demanding Soo-Ah to fill up his cup at breakfast and the eldest daughter's retort was, "Don't you have hands!?".. And then she adds, "If ever my husband mistreats me the same, I'd get rid of him!" WooHoo! I was applauding:D

Soo-Ah may be married to an @$$ but at the very least, she's blessed with 2 adorable daughters, I love the youngest LoL - So Cute! 

Soo-Ah's husband is a hypocrite. Just 'cause his wife has a lover, he can't accept it. As if he's any better sheesh:P

LoL at Ji-Eun's MIL that after 3 years of marriage the couple still have no kids. She thinks her son is sterile ha-ha. It's ridiculous that they go to bed holding hands. Really LoL!? 

Ooo that backhug & kiss at the end...although I'm worried for what would come next when all is revealed in coming episodes... It'd be like Armageddon~ :unsure::crazy:  

Great post as always @liddi 

The drama seem to simply skimp over the details over all 3 couples probably so it's easier to accept why they feel the need to go astray maybe Idk? 

@triplem

Yup timing is everything. But the fact that very little is known of the 3 couples backstories like how they met etc. It's hard to see what their motivations are for their marriage other than mere convenience?  

• Like 9
  • Love 2

With all this Ji Eun's monologue, why do I feel she got married to Bird Lover due to family arrange? Or more precisely his mother's arrangement. I have a feeling the MIL in law is so fond of her and ask to marry her son maybe after one blind date. Being the nice and naive girl she married him and thinks that she loves him. Or probably she is indebted to hi and her MIL.  Looks like, she first just figure out what is love and what is the happiness of being in love with YJW. She's really like a teenager falling in love for the first time. And she is brave enough to go against the world but not letting the man she loves go. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Place Forest

Timing Thursday 3-5 pm.

JW : I always make a note in this timing. Do you want to join me? 

Bwahahahaha...... 

• LOL 9

8 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Place Forest

Timing Thursday 3-5 pm.

JW : I always make a note in this timing. Do you want to join me? 

Bwahahahaha...... 

Is that the English subs? 

@liltash85 SJE mentioned to CSA that her husband is her first love, her only love and her last love. She has never dated anyone else but her husband. I have impression they know each other from school. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I agree with the k-netz comment above. This drama is mermerizing. The cinematography, the acting, script, and the narration. When Ji Eun has her narration, sometimes I think "Ahhh this is true! I understand you! Oh, this is so real."

Episode 6 is a huge step for Ji Eun and Jung Woo. I can't wait for their next story but on the other side I sometimes feel sorry for Jung Woo's wife. What a mixed feeling.

Anyway this is totally a recommended drama. I actually have expectation on this drama. Lee Sang Yeob fits his role perfectly although we have seen his comical babo side for a while. He's back into serious role. While Park Ha Sun with her melo side. They are so great!

• Like 7
  • Love 3

15637159991563715912.gif

15637163991563716305.gif

Oh god , I am enjoying their affair :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

My reaction to DAT kiss:

7200487.gif

I really need to catch up but dang! What a scene!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ep.6 was a great episode. I have mixed feelings again. Happy to see them finally embracing their true feelings, yet sad for them knowing they are doing something so wrong that will only have sad consequences...

I'm really curious whyyyyyy if really not feeling anything anymore with their spouses, they don't just opt for a divorce and then can be together openly? Not that I encourage divorce... Both require courage, and I'd think having an affair is so much more difficult to own up to than asking for a divorce.

The habitual liar NMY to maintain good "face" is at it again. Makes me wonder which are the things she said to her husband that is truth or lie...

Re: NMY - I agree. I’m wondering if she’s already pregnant by someone else — which is why she is trying so hard to have a baby with JW (?) Just speculating here (and secretly hoping it’s true :lol:). Besides their common interest in science, these two are just two pieces of a puzzle that don’t fit together. I like her the least of all the ladies.

@triplem Thank you for the welcome!

• Like 7
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

but on the other side I sometimes feel sorry for Jung Woo's wife.

Hm... I don't feel sorry for her at all... She loves herself more. Being separated with him for 3 years by her choice, we don't even know if she remained faithful to him or not, since she previously didn't even mind dating a married person. And upon hearing CSA confession of her afternoon affairs, she wasn't at all shocked and even a little envious. She even lamented that out of the three ladies, she is the one without a lover... She is taking advantage of his kind soul.

5 minutes ago, TomiCh said:

Re: NMY - I agree. I’m wondering if she’s already pregnant by someone else — which is why she is trying so hard to have a baby with JW (?) Just speculating here (and secretly hoping it’s true :lol:). Besides their common interest in science, these two are just two pieces of a puzzle that don’t fit together. 

Whoa, I didn't think of that. But that could be, following my speculations above...

Okay, let's hope together :naughty:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I just rewatching  ep 6 with subtitle... seriously JE  just holding hand with her husband while sleeping! In previous episode we know that JE  did asked for ‘that’ from her husband but he turn her down. In my religion if this kind of thing happened in marriage, the wife could get permission from the syariah law to terminate the marriage/ divorce. Pity her..

i skip most of soo ah scene. Hahaha... her hot scene with bad boy van gogh also did not interest me... unfortunately, ep 6 was full of their scene. Hopefully we got more scene from our otp next week...

• Like 11

Did you guys noticed that JW and JE also tried to be nicer to their respective couple. Lol, they followed what normally people with affair do. So, JW send wifey to school and JE made a tons of food to hubby until he thought it was someone birthday. I guess now that they're happier, they also treat their spouse better... hmmm....

And so next the "innocent not so innocent couple" will bring up their affair to another level..... go to hotel :rolleyes: So apparently not making out in forest, thank god! Mwahahaha.....

Ok i really don't know how this affair couple will end up. The previous dialogue of JE, i have a dilligent husband and he have a sweet wife, kind of true at some level and make me worry. 

Also, it seems to me, they're the type whose easy to be guilt tripped. And a bit easy to crack under pressure too. For example after being reprimanded by headmaster, JW already try to flee as well. 

Ah well... anyway nvm... let me burn in hell and go with this couple.... Thurs 3-5pm ok. :lol:

366cpf.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 11