Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

just finished ep 4 :glasses: my favorite character is that aunty wkwkwkw because she has many lingeries :relieved: 

As in Soo A right ? 

I watched half of eps 4 just now & wanted to get this off my chest ...SA’s Husband  is a chauvinist &  such a condescending man . I hated the way he talked down to her & he sees her as his property , not a person. I can see how her tea time adventures  are consequences of her struggling to find some control over her life & a form of escapism . But mr artist gives me bad boy vibes , and will crush her spirit further because the affair is no longer just physical. 

Oh my oh my , the two had a photo shoot . Both leads updated their IG. Makes me ship JE & JW even more :P:lol:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3

@triplem her husband doesn’t know how to appreciate his wife. Even if she is staying at home and cooking,, she is still amazing. Then she meets a bad boy van gogh who appreciates her more than her husband. This is so dangerous hahahaha but I like her btw :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Just because you empathise with another person or feel sorry for their life or even understand their reasons doesn't mean you condone adultery. There is no stain on you as a person for feeling for another human being. We are human and things do absolutely get to us. No need to feel apologetic or afraid that your own values are being corrupted because you feel for another person in a bad situation. In fact if you do not feel for other people that is a far worse sin in my book then holding on to your values.

Always remember you're not in that person's shoes and you will never understand another person or be able to truly feel why they make the choices they do and making judgements and deciding their fate without suffering their problems is both cruel and unkind.

I love these types of dramas because they depict what goes on in so many of our minds. We are not above wanting things in our life and happiness too. We stay married for reasons others cannot comprehend and cope with life the best we can without going mad. We shouldn't condemn others because we are stronger than them nor should we try to preach when we have not faced their problems or social conditions. In some societies a woman will lose her children when she gets a divorce. In that kind of situation why would any woman seek a divorce over having an affair. Life is so complicated and not as simple as some people makes it out to be.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

Can’t wait for new episodes! 

channel A IG update 

LSY & PHN showering  us with more gorgeous photos of their Grazia pictorial 

Fire ! 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

I only managed to watch half of last night’s episode. But very interesting is that a new bird is brought over by MIL. It’s a sparrow. And SJE calls it Hope. So we have Faith Hope Love... I’m sure most are familiar with the Bible quote “And now these three remain: Faith, Hope, Love. But the greatest of these is Love” ~ I wonder where the writer is bringing the leads (and us viewers) with these references. 

Some other interesting stuff from first half

Spoiler

CSA and NMY in the same yoga class. After class, they both went to supermarket to find someone they know. Surprise, surprise... it’s SJE. So all three later seated together for tea. CSA as usual casually told the wife about her afternoon affairs. Turns out that, NMY dated a married man before while studying in the US. Almost got gunned down by the angry wife, but saved by YJW who claimed that he is the boyfriend and she is innocent. Seeing such a good man, she quickly married herself to him so as no one will snatch him away.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Shocked at the revelation in the spoiler @ktcjdrama so they are leaving no stone unturned. All spouses are adulterers themselves :mrgreen:

I heard  got shower scene. Anyone has that cut on IG ?  :D 

Lee Sang Yeob And Park Ha Sun Share Why They Chose To Star In “Love Affairs In The Afternoon”

Jul 20, 2019
by S. Nam

On July 19, Lee Sang Yeob and Park Ha Sunparticipated in a photo shoot and interview for Grazia where they talked about their new drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon”!

The romance drama, which is a remake of the 2014 Japanese series “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” tells the story of adults who find themselves swept up in forbidden love and passionate extramarital affairs. The drama stars Park Ha Sun and Lee Sang Yeob as a pair of star-crossed lovers whose ordinary lives are turned upside down after they fall in love.

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Yeob-Park-Ha-Sun-2.jpg

During the interview, the two actors explained that they had different reasons for wanting to star in the drama. Park Ha Sun said that she could paint a picture from the moment she first saw the synopsis. She shared, “I related to Ji Eun’s ordinary lifestyle in which she lives a slightly tiring life without any excitement. I thought it would be good to show a lot of her natural side.”

Park-Ha-Sun1.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Sang Yeob is making a drastic image transformation through this project. He shared, “I met this project while vaguely wanting to try acting in a more adult-like [role]. I feel as if I’ve only given off a boyish image until now, and I wanted to seem manlier and maturer.”

Lee Sang Yeob also talked about his goals for the drama. He said, “It’ll be good if anyone who watches can relate to the [character’s] thoughts and concerns. I had the thought that it would be nice if looked as natural as possible while acting out Jung Woo. That is, by acting in a way everyone can understand rather than just a few people.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob.jpg

On the other hand, Park Ha Sun wanted to portray her character by delivering her raw emotions. She explained, “Rather than the happiness and excitement Ji Eun feels while dating, I was careful to put more emphasis on expressing the pain she feels.”

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Yeob-Park-Ha-Sun.jpg

Park Ha Sun and Lee Sang Yeob shared that they hope that “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” becomes a way in which people think more sincerely about sharing kind words as well as the love they are experiencing now or will experience in the future.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, triplem said:

I heard  got shower scene. Anyone has that cut on IG ?  :D

It's not the kind of shower scene that people want to cut on IG :lol:

Another spoiler on NMY and others

Spoiler

That day when NMY returned home from supermarket with groceries, she was upset to find YJW was already eating a dosirak on his own. He apologized saying that he is so used living alone that he settled his meal by himself. He offered her another dosirak in the fridge, but she just cleared away his half-eaten dosirak saying no, she doesn't like dosirak (yeah, but why clear his away?)

And much later in the episode, she texted him to have dinner together. When he arrived at her office at the Univ, he overheard through the ajar door that apparently she's been telling her colleague that her husband is still in the US because their professor is holding on to him, not letting him return to Korea. <_< why bother with such a pretense? She is ashamed he is just a high-school teacher? -_- YJW just turned back and walked away.

JCK's hoobae kissed him on the lips in her drunken state.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hot. Damn. Soo-Ah's love scenes with the Bad Boy Van Gogh as @Sejabin cleverly puts it HA:w00t: is smoldering..smoking..H--O--T (fans myself) oo..la..la~

Really disliking Soo-Ah's jerk of a hubby & Jung-Woo's wife. Actually all 3 of the spouses are horrible, including that bird cuckoo idiot aka Ji-Eun's hubby urgh.:crazy::P

Jung-Woo's wife appear to be from a well to do family(?) But her attitude though:huh: in ep. 05, she actually demands an I Love You from Jung-Woo. That itself is a bad sign that their marriage isn't as rosy as it seem. And Soo-Ah's husband only sees her as an ornament. To be shown off to his work staff & others. He doesn't value neither does he respect her. The way he looked at that young artist was EWWWwww. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sh-it, what a mess lol:mrgreen:......

Spoiler

The wife is ashamed of her husband's job. Unbelievable:expressionless:. He is a freaking teacher for god's sake and that's a stable job to have. What more does she need?. This marriage was a mess from day one. 

I'm gonna watch all 6 episodes when I'm back from my vacation next week. Apparently, the internet in this region is acting up:sweatingbullets:.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The infamous shower scene that everyone seems to be talking about ;) 

5tkrZrSeER_vUHHU7v_I8qlT3DXp9D4tUHq_WRBMB0V8V8zjXRBNOwlvRTk4HXtqPkdtHfaYNwzCqGJ2OjnslNtrSuC2aKjENT51h9udSMeE-I5-7jhFLT3gL_U0IQAXysfDoqn-KMCNi4RTIXZQFMe22rooXcDG6vJ2Ushneex_L3SeTYjB3xmkY34hcgQ-m6U1t4eo88XivqrBURocN2d0uDxEf6ECeQ2FMp4FqN8mG2HgrIrhYD6COoE7Fru35Es5BnHLP-lBnYoTfXBhhFpSnQpzeNSbZOgpRlZrltRbzAkrbLCt00mXILkRvot9J58aqwb9_CAAGbh4HMHe5xfw7uamdrb968jw0ZyIP6dWRJWrdWgaj6tymo7YMsVfLX1r0vl8-Vezjo72yOq3QaUWPcb7_GGgGAHytxtEqP24HGlgLKqx8EfcTSaTbzUO9TZblFIC56Ag9XDW7QK93x5ZEw1l9gQTvmwYwGpPm27mPtWZm_UWT6tsYT4jyx4cRJ-iAVcjO8Xbf3lYcYucVVy-WQgHaL1B5d9XheFDW7jbiMi_WblG59BjwWtrzKjG79ExGgSSYTuOylnU9XO_pHhtNUQbNl_ZaUe4dd5nPL9HgOTjVJfbPBziReFutmfwy4I90wL8LzDacIklsrkv_1ndbw-gMXE=w422-h256-no

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Their favourite dating spot .... forest lol...

363ydk.gif

363yhn.gif

*I'm dead :skull:... save me... biology teacher.... :heart:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

@liddi I was disappointed . Bio teacher should know that you can’t shower properly with your clothes on :lol::P

@Lawyerh @ktcjdrama I don’t know how but I want them to be together at the end . I don’t like either of their spouses though I know both are in some ways trying to make their  marriages  work . Is JW’s Wife preggers ? And omg the mum in law had that premonition too right that JE is going to have a baby ??? This is messy . 

@lu09 yes the Wife is from a different social class from JW , so I can see that being the root of the problem because deep down being married to a poorer guy is like social downgrading from her perspective. When she  lied she revealed that she does not love him for who he is . That’s why there’s that invisible wall btwn the two of them

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

My favourite scenes

♡ JW thought JE must be trying to seduced many men, hence he upset when he try to give back her umbrella and saw her with the colleague. He said "I was very sad after giving your umbrella". Ouch!

A6mmzdB.jpg

♡ JW goes to supermarket idly just to catch the glimpse of her, and got caught by her busybody co-worker and saying "I'm here to do grocery purely!". Ah yeah boy you do! 

♡ JE try to get his attention by throwing rock, and hit her head back. Lol. He just snickered :lol:

whz69Fd.jpg

I seriously need help, I'm on #affairteam#. And @ktcjdrama suggest us to open AA (Affair Anonymous), @triplem @Ameera Ali shall registered too.

Messy alert ahead, but why they're so lovely? They're the most innocent affair couple I've ever seen on screen!

yuftTCH.jpg

And actually, do you guys think JW like Peter Pan and not aware of reality? (from his character introduction). I feel he's just pure & innocent, but not that detached from reality.

Btw why only 12 eps? :bawling: Ok sorry i start to be so noisy muahahaha..... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Oh what a tangled web... and it's going to get messier by the looks of the preview.

I am not quite sure what to make of this episode. Either I am slow to grasp the nuances that are there, or there is a disconnect somewhere in the narrative. 

I do not understand YJW's not-quite marriage and how it came about. Was he secretly in love with NMY throughout her affair with a married man, which finally came to the fore when she was in danger? Or were they just friends who finally became close after that incident, with NMY's insistence in marrying him quickly so as not to let him slip through her fingers?  Three years hence, she is now the one who no longer feels any urgency in making their marriage legal in Korea, which seems to indicate that she is comfortable in the assumption that he is already hers. Is it also her secret embarrassment that his academic qualifications pale to hers, and that a wedding would reveal her lies to her colleagues in the university? When did he find his feelings for her fading? Is it merely the distance and length of time apart? Or is it her high-handed approach to their relationship, putting herself first as always? She does not appear to think highly of the sanctity of the marriage institution either, particularly from how she admires CSA's boldness in finding love even if through affairs. How ironic then that her frank admiration becomes the impetus for her rival to act upon her desires, throwing caution to the wind and running to YJW once more.

I still find the depiction of CSA and DHY's feelings to be surreal. There seems very little that explains why they are so drawn to each other in a way that transcends mere physical attraction, yet there it is. The scene where she rushes wildly into his studio before falling into his tightening embrace in tears does convince me that they do love each other now, but that is more due to YJW and JDH's evocative performances rather than a cohesive narrative. Still, with that established, I hope that the evolution of their relationship and its aftermath will be better charted out.

CSA's unabashed confession to NMY upon their very first proper conversation seems out of character for someone who is supposedly in the pangs of missing the person who no longer wishes to see her. Her original frankness to SJE could be attributed to her instinctively recognising the same quiet desolation in the younger woman, but why NMY? Not to mention the fact that even if she were just continuing on with casual affairs, does it make sense for her to announce her flagrant infidelities to the world when she should be trying to keep it secret? Am I missing something?

The only progression that makes sense in this episode is YJW and SJE's. If YJW had any reservations about being with SJE before, these would have been driven away by what he overheard at the university, hearing his wife's blatant lies to cover up the fact that she is ashamed of him - he who sacrificed so that she could further her studies. It is interesting that in the midst of the most beautiful scenes between them, we are always reminded that they are married, and that the happiness they are grasping now will have consequences down the road. And if the preview is anything to go by, theirs will be a short-lived idyll. My only question is that does everything come crashing down so soon in the narrative, considering we are less than halfway through the drama? 

OAIsAt3QWPdUCXiRDcWo8VvpR2IlckQH9Hj6tp0qGFMC7IvPtfGqTy2vv5zSHhEKq8Htln1idIzr6Dxf0VbxmIUQOOKqD1C59fqAYWVDoQpB_Zlonwq_Sy40iiIRXQvt-MilDD5l2ctgJOGuaYxqA9c7QsTQR61C6l7-DPMfdg7LpXzdQtwA36fj897iFG5NK5_ycO3Ovs5eIbKf9MBrm6M_rlOsgOPICRGwFc9cRRMde-OGpgzN_1BiBqSUTYz7JwYNINtE-1jLwq5J-oqNPqXPgsV0s92g_-AVMV2zKvEdiZU7JrFb9N2-VK9NIA-LMepPYB_dwCM80q8EU6lhv1PEOgbp-9kJ4kFyR1Hx1-Toz7_LcLcjPWgpGKHpWn9gEzBfaxThKToMrhdbMXZ7Rm1wfjNL8pQxFdTLMrVR7UL_SBYE5ZGrgSPlk3sfOjx9DfXEkr6h_49vMlVlnA3NJUx66sg-FIfmgsGwq9i5jOKGETaV4ZdFz9C_G8TOqhRDsSCG_XOMSjEQBXkCm1Xcv4SjBrmtOaywdi38Q2B4dvIgfdr1No6yIqL4GKGECeRT7l39lhVXhYJ2ezvVU7teygCQYdKGFIyb7_0mS9z-PfZsauI0Z8hXsZ6FPWsYqVKUmycU__nqi-2QeG5_AV8rIdrz-ieZHl8=w600-h352-no

SJE's MIL, while annoying, is a breath of fresh air in the episode, and the random, sickly sparrow Hope that she brings to the home, is a telling allegory of what is happening in their marriage. Hope, which makes its home where Love has flown off, but ends up being attacked by Faith who resents the new intruder's presence, seems to be a reflection of how her own hope for happiness elsewhere is being challenged by her belief in being true to her marriage. Having taken the first step towards an emotional, if not physical affair, I wonder if we will see Hope thrive in this new environment, or ultimately die anyway since it was sickly to begin with?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, liddi said:

I still find the depiction of CSA and DHY's feelings to be surreal. There seems very little that explains why they are so drawn to each other in a way that transcends mere physical attraction, yet there it is. The scene where she rushes wildly into his studio before falling into his tightening embrace in tears does convince me that they do love each other now, but that is more due to YJW and JDH's evocative performances rather than a cohesive narrative. Still, with that established, I hope that the evolution of their relationship and its aftermath will be better charted out.

CSA's unabashed confession to NMY upon their very first proper conversation seems out of character for someone who is supposedly in the pangs of missing the person who no longer wishes to see her. Her original frankness to SJE could be attributed to her instinctively recognising the same quiet desolation in the younger woman, but why NMY? Not to mention the fact that even if she were just continuing on with casual affairs, does it make sense for her to announce her flagrant infidelities to the world when she should be trying to keep it secret? Am I missing something?

The only progression that makes sense in this episode is YJW and SJE's.

I felt the same way about CSA-DHY pairing. I don’t understand what attracted DHY to CSA. For CSA, it is easier for me to understand because she felt he sees the real her. 

Same feeling when she rather unexpectedly opened up herself to NMY.

But anyhow, I am now continuing watching more for SJE-YJW pairing. I felt so happy for them at the end of ep.5, and yet I actually teared up for them. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

But anyhow, I am now continuing watching more for SJE-YJW pairing. 

Me too, watching for this couple only actually. 

Btw nice video edit of #affairOTP# :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Posted (edited)

I found an additional teaser supposedly for tonight . HAwt :w00t:. But a bit dark especially at the important scenes :ph34r:

Edit - Sorry , not for eps 6 but preview for eps 7 . Darn ...they gonna make us wait !!  Watch till the end :naughty:

If you can’t watch the above due to regional restrictions 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Just watched ep6... the ending was hot and ep 7 preview was hotter!  Hahah

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3