[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

0ly40

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The names of the birds ~ Love and Faith...

I wonder which is the name of the blue one, the one that got out from the cage. What will happen to it? Died? Flew away? I think the birds will come to symbolize something in the drama too... When there is no more Love, no more Faith, then starts the affair?

@ktcjdrama The blue one is Love, as seen when JCK took it out of the cage and cooed over it upon his return home at the beginning of Ep1. I wish SJE would just set them all free, if only for the satisfaction of seeing him go berserk :w00t:

Hello~ I just move here after watching first episode.

45 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wonder which is the name of the blue one, the one that got out from the cage. What will happen to it? Died? Flew away? I think the birds will come to symbolize something in the drama too... When there is no more Love, no more Faith, then starts the affair?

Cooked :phew:

Wow . . . so this is JP remake. Gotta give it a try too.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is one of the most interesting in the introduction for me. Faith and Love.... the lovebirds.... how will it reflect on their married life..

Also, I feel Ji Eun's husband is quite childish.... or was it seems like a forced marriage? Just like the new neighbors perhaps.. 

Speaking of new neighbors, quite fascinating that Publisher Husband is going to be working with Artist Lover. So many issues yet on the first episode.. To see how they will resolve it or pile more conflicts is what interests me. That goes the same with my other infidelity dramas. Just DRAMAS hah.

Spoiler

Spoiler

BWAHAHAHA did the bird escape lol:joy::mrgreen:? Is that why he is screaming in the middle of his workplace???? This should be fun Imao:D.

Finally she snapped at him with his "Mom" remarks. About time:thumbsup:.....

On 7/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, liddi said:

Now you have me wondering if I should watch the original as well, or at least perhaps pace myself so that it is on par with what is aired, thus ensuring I do not spoil the story for myself until I have actually watched the Korean version. Decisions decisions.

@liddiI had the advantage of watching the J before the K so.... decisions, decisions. Would be fun to watch both but then you might spoil yourself unless you watch per episode which will be equivalent to one to 2 eps per viewing 

I've been reading in comments off of other forums how this is a remake of a J-Drama. I haven't watched so I have no expectations whatsoever LoL. However what's with the theme of infidelity in most dramas currently though??  

The overall impression I get from these infidelity themed dramas are how repressed the spouses are:unsure:...especially the women. How the lack of intimacy/warmth (as it is with Ji-Eun) or bored of the routined role of a housewife as Soo-Ah.. By the way the actor who plays Ji-Eun's husband is known for playin' these sleazy husband types:crazy: 

Can't stand the behavior of Ji-Eun's hubby's co-worker, ugh so off-putting:P And he's enabling it by not setting boundaries. Lee Sang-Yeob is mostly known for playin' jerky roles eheh. He's turned into a nice guy here for a change...kind of nerdy LoL. The other actor who plays the enigmatic illustrator is er---interesting:phew: 

Ji Eun never treated as a wife or more importantly as a woman by  her husband. Her husband never had sex with her for 3 years. Called her omma (how unromantic it is), and treats her nothing more than his birds taker. He doesn't by medicine for his wife but bought expensive medicine and pet food for the birds. He doesn't even ask "are you okay?". Ji Eun just wants those simple affections from her husband. She doesn't demand for something big. And she gets those from a complete stranger. That makes her heart waver and who can blame her. I sympathize with her and I can understand why she started the affair. it is not her fault to begin with. 

Not to mention she has a mother in law who keeps asking for a child and makes as if she is the one having problems. 

For Soo Ah, I think there are still more about her that we don't know. On why she is having this extra-marital activity in a certain schedule. 

I like that this drama has monologue voice over so at least we get to know how does she feels inside. So the drama doesn't look too dreadful. 

I watched the first episode of J-drama version and so far the two dramas are so closely alike. The korean remake follows closely like most scenes are the same. Just that the character Ji Eun in J drama is more lively as compared to Korean version. 

@0ly40 Thank you so much for sharing the latest BTSes! Really good to see the warmth on set. The little girl is so adorable, unable to stop giggling at our broody artist :D And it appears the bottled water is as much a source of mirth for the cast, as it is a source of acute embarrassment for SJE in the drama :phew: 

The birds are aptly named, "Love" and "Faith"..  How ironic that "Love" flew away.. Is this to indicate that "Love" no longer exists between Ji-Eun and her hubby as well? 

Just what does Soo-Ah have on her many lovers that they can't seem to let her go!? It's like she has them bewitched or something!  

Finished ep.3. Sorry for not being able to do detailed recap now, but the gist is in spoiler. Lots of developments and one is a shocker for me... well, I mean it shall make the whole having affair thing more complicated for SJE and YJW...

Spoiler

After SJE dashed away on her bicycle, we see YJW thinking back to all their earlier encounters. So he remembered her and recognized her after all. SJE at home sitting on sofa and husband came back with smell of alcohol, he claimed it was KTV with his boss, but looks rather guilty? He (finally) asked about whether she has taken her medicine and wanted to help massage her neck, but she pulled away.

At YJW house, he was surprised by his wife who has returned. He noticed that she put up pictures of the two of them all over the house. They sat down for dinner and he brought up registering their marriage in Korea. So they have gotten married in the US, but not yet registered their marriage in Korea. Somehow the wife sees that as something of non-priority.

CSA looking at the drawing again, and DHY drawing more dancing females.

CSA went to return the bag of shoes that SJE left behind at the hotel. She got invited inside for tea, and they talked about happiness and love. SJE revealed that she only loves her husband and never another man, that husband is her first love and will be her last love. CSA said that is yet to be determined. SJE again expressed her disapproval of affairs and CSA again encouraged her there's nothing wrong in finding happiness, go meet the person you want to meet. SJE was a little offended/defensive and chased her out saying she needs to get to work already.

CSA went shoe shopping, the young sales gave her his number, I think? But she crushed the paper as she walked away... I believe she is not interested in anyone anymore, but the artist.

DHY went to find CSA's husband, saying that he would need something from him in order to work together for the new publication. Something that is nothing to him, and yet his everything. CSA husband confused. My guess is the wife...?

CSA young lover who stopped by her house came to work at the supermarket. SJE shocked and questioned him in the storage room.

MIL found out from nosy neighbor that the fire several days ago was set by the owner of the house ~ the wife who got caught having an affair.

YJW got a text message asking to meet up later at 3pm.

CSA went to supermarket asking SJE to meet up later at 3pm. She saw the lover boy, and told him firmly at the parking that they're over.

YJW showing some concern to his student. That student went to cram school and encountered CSA older daughter who just joined the class.

CSA went o DHY's studio, asking him to draw her properly, at any price. He denied having drawn her. Some high tension here, he suggested her to take off her clothes?!? She tried to slap him, but arm held by him. He asked her to leave. She was about to tear the drawing, but changed her mind and wrote down her number on it instead, asking him to call her should he changed his mind.

SJE and YJW met up, arranged by CSA. They then have a walk while telling each other a little bit about themselves. SJE told YJW about the birds at home and he offered to guide her if she has any questions about keeping them. Wow, he actually said her husband must be a kind person, because a person who loves animals couldn't be a bad person. He wants to know what Love looks like. Got a call from his wife reminding about tonight. So they each go on their separate way.

We finally see the wife of DHY. She is a director of an art museum? She is talking to an able pretty assistant. CSA's husband came to find her. They sat down and he asked what would DHY mean when he asked for something that is nothing to him yet his everything? Wife seemed to know, smiled knowingly and told him to just find another artist. Young pretty assistant (an artist) came by and CSA husband looked her way one too many times and DHY wife noticed it. She asked if he wants to sponsor her as new artist.

YJW and wife having fancy dinner. Again she talked about his job, why worked so hard? that he's not going to be in that school for long anyway. He said he is happy where he is now. She finally agreed to register their marriage the next day but suddenly remembered that she has a full schedule tomorrow.

DHY at home enjoying music but looking at the drawing from where he is seated far away.

Morning time. MIL arrived and making kimchi at the apartment. Bird husband having breakfast and she is telling him about SJE meeting with a young guy. He didn't believe it and dismissed it, having a lot of faith that of all women, SJE will not be the one to have affair. SJE came out of her room and shocked to see her MIL already there. He asked her about the young guy despite Mom gesturing to him No, No. She was trying to explain but got cut by the MIL who tried to change the topic. Cut to CSA sitting in their living room with some baked stuff. She wanted to thank SJE for helping to guide her young cousin the other day in finding her new house. MIL is like oh so that's what happened... SJE sent CSA off to outside the building. She asked why CSA arranged her to meet YJW the other day. Isn't that what you want? CSA then said nothing wrong with having a glimpse of heaven. Yet, she hasn't have one herself. After she left, SJE thought that even to have a glimpse of heaven, she wouldn't board on that train to hell. I am not that kind of a foolish woman.

Husband admiring the Alhambra Palace again on the computer at work.

At the supermarket, SJE is stocking the display unit, and YJW's wife passed by. She called out her name. Yes, they were high school classmates (this is the shocker I mentioned!). From her body language, it is obvious that SJE is all not confident while talking to YJW's wife but it seems that she is quite up to date with what's happening in her life. Wife suggested to have a drink when she got off work that day, but she said she cannot because of a family event. Wife asked for her number. As SJE rode home that day, she met CSA. They sat down at her garden to have tea. CSA asked her did you know YJW has changed his profile picture. Really? SJE checked and saw it's the Morning Glory. Her face changed and CSA noticed it. More talks about men and love. SJE suddenly got a call from husband. She rushed home and he chided her for loitering around and not taking care of the birds properly. SJE burst out in tears asking him what she needs to do then? telling him what kind of life that she's been living. That she doesn't want to be called Omma anymore. She is not a bird. LOL...

Night time. Silent montage of all our four leads contemplating and looking at their phones.

Morning. SJE feeding and cleaning the bird cage. In the meantime, Alhambra Palace arrived at husband's office, which he received and admired adoringly. She forgot to close the cage when getting water for them. Love flew out, and she tried to catch it, but it flew out the window. She went downstairs in panic to find it, even leaving one of her slippers behind and went barefooted. Finally she made the call to husband. He screamed and rushed out of the office, carrying the Alhambra Palace in one hand. At home, he screamed at her again, with tears in his eyes (I roll eyes here) and accused her for having intention to release the birds all along because she didn't like them. He demanded her to find it back, NOW. She screamed of course she will just do that. She took out a net from the closet and went out to find Love, calling its name until her throat is hurting. At one point, YJW suddenly was standing in a distance and asked her, did she lose Love? They looked at each other under showers of cherry blossoms ~ End of episode.

I really should start remembering the names of the spouses :P

Archived