[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

0ly40

SA older gal meets up with her BF ( spying student ) . They both talk about what happened to  her mum 

SA is clearly unhappy as she remains sleepless thinking of her girls.  In her dreams , she seem to be losing them . She goes to the living room , sits down thinking.  Artist wakes up seeing her in deep thought

jE at work , makes some mistakes, got scolded by her colleague.

sA hubs & Sa meet . I think she wants to see the girls. ( sorry , bad stream ) of course he’s not going to make things easy . 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Faith not well . JE brings her to vet.  Intern is there. She’s everywhere !  Anyway JE gets text from JW to meet . Intern asked if she’s ok. Then JE said her Friend needed her help . Intern volunteer to help wait for Faith till Bird hubs come . 

JE goes meet JW in the woods , tight emotional hug. 

Spoiler

Bird hubs get to vet. . He & Intern walk back together. Intern so happy to see him . After she left , his mom appears out of nowhere and gives him a good scolding 

JW & JE together till quite late .

Spoiler

Bird hubs try to call her . When she came back , he was pissed off, scolded her . Why didn’t she pick up her phone ? 

JE talks secretly to jw at the balcony . Hubs sees her from afar . She was happy . He is now suspicious 

JE burned a pot the next morning. Got scolding from bird hubs . He wonders what is wrong with her, as her mind seems pre occupied 

he leaves for work . Has coffee with intern. He asked her something about women’s behaviour. Intern always so happy to see him 

MY looks down from the balcony , sees JW happily talking from the phone . She decides to go through his pc , sees photos of JE at the zoo date but only her back . I wonder if MY knows who 

JW talking to spying student . The latter still pricks his conscience 

The Wife goes to his school . Sees the principal . She asked him if there’s any female teacher that he works with 

JE sees a poster of some event happening soon . Thinks of asking JW

At home , MY i think shows him a document that she is finally registering their marriage. 

sA & artist talk about SA hubs . Think he’s going to divorce her 

JE makes a meal for hubs before going out . She says something about visiting her Friend . It starts to rain , a worried expression on her face . Not sure where JE went , was it to his school but she could not find him.  He was at bus stop waiting for her . She finally came . He held out his hand . They board the bus to go that event . 

Oh my god ! MY sees them from afar !  Drops her umbrella. OTP happy together on the bus . 

- end of eps - 

Preview 

tomorrow all hell breaks loose! As their spouses find out & Bird hubs confronts JW  

Thanks for the recap as always @triplem.

They finally got caught:tears:. I was holding my breath reading the recap, imagine watching the entire thing. I think I'm gonna skip watching this week's episodes lol:sweatingbullets:

Poor SA, she can't see her daughters. 

preview from YT official

Did JE confess her love for JW?

The witch wife will blackmail her husband with her suicide and maybe with  pregnancy. JE's husband cries more for a bird that for losing her wife. What he expected after three years of despising his wife?

JE and JW were not in love with their partner, they just found true love, but it is forbidden.

For that, JE said in past episode:  "Why I must love only who is allowed me to love ?"

Timing is everything. After neglecting his wife , things are finally looking up for Ji-Eun's husband only it is now too late~ For we all know Ji-Eun is deeply in love with Jung-Woo... They're 2 individuals who met at the wrong place.. at the wrong time.. If only. 

Soo-Ah is still pining for her daughters but her husband makes it difficult by not granting her a divorce. In next ep. preview it looks like something terrible might have happened to their eldest daughter(?) Dear God please don't let me think it is what I think it is..?! 

@anng 

IKR LMFAo!? But of course that's K-Drama logic for ya:lol::P

@TomiCh

I find it hard to sympathize with Jung-Woo, Ji-Eun & Soo-Ah's spouses as well. All 3 seem to disregard their partners feelings & take them for granted as they accept it as part of the marriage routine. I too feel hurt for Soo-Ah's girls... in particular the youngest. Her husband is thinking he's got the upper hand in tormenting her but it's their daughters that is suffering the most here. He's just the typical prideful, misogynistic South Korean male:P

Ahahah as much as that sounds ideal for those 2 to hook up, I don't think Do's ex is his type. He seem to like 'em young & not as aggressive (in personality) 

@liddi

I was angered by Soo-Ah's decision to walk away from her girls. But given the circumstances, with her eldest & husband telling her repeatedly that she's not needed, that she's the cause for the family to be torn apart etc I can somewhat see why she made that decision. It was selfish but it was best for her girls as they still had the comfort only their father can provide. 

I'm also disappointed by Jung-Woo unable to end things with his wife. His wife isn't making it easy either LoL. She keeps dodging by changing the subject. 

ALL of 'em need to TALK which is the easiest solution. If only everyone involved would just take the time to listen, maybe... just maybe there wouldn't be so much turmoil in the first place. Ugh LoL. But I guess it's a cultural thing to not speak up as appearances are EVERYTHING in South Korea:rolleyes: They care way too much on how others perceive them (sigh) 

Drama hit a high at 2% , and PHS in her IG story mentioned the drama hit highest one minute ratings at 3.64% .I’m usually not too bothered about these numbers but for this drama , I just want it to do well given that they were dealing with such a controversial subject & I thought the cast and crew did such a wonderful job here 

Live caps 

they ride on the bus , happy holding hands 

- they arrive at a beautiful landscaped   park 

saw something, she closed her eyes and made a wish . He asked her what she wished for . She asked him back what he would wish for . He seemed hesitant. Then she said it must be a secret 

MY back home , drenched . Thinking of the double date - the little clues of them actually cheating . And all the conversations JE had with her about her lover & realising it was her husband all along . She went into a rage broke a mirror / glass ...hands bleeding 

JE mum in law visits . Bird Husband greets her , told her JE is went somewhere with her Friend . MIL is surprised herself 

At the park , JW asked her some questions. Seems like he wants them to be together . Not just as an affair 

jE goes home . The hubs is angry . Scolds her ...he’s like are you cheating on me or something . I think she really could not take it and says yes . She started crying. She was sorry & she mentioned she and the guy are in love . The hubs was beyond shocked . He could not believe it . He asked are you crazy . She kept apologising , crying - she said they really love each other . the hubs walkie out in anger 

JW comes back . MY sits in living room . Greets him , ask him - so how’s JE? He was shocked . She continued- when did it start etc . She seems  scarily calm. She asked him to answer her if he had ever loved her. ..he kept quiet . She’s like not even once ? He just apologised. She then started losing it . She’s like all these are lies . He’s like I love JE , she then says “are you mad? . She’s got a husband. “  he says he knows that . He asked for a divorce.  Of course , she runs out to the balcony & wants to throw herself over the balcony , he pulled her back . Realised she’s been bleeding   . Takes her to hospital 

JE crying her eyes out as the hubs walk aimlessly on the street 

After her wounds got treated , her parents came .  She did not need to stay . He pushed her out in the wheel chair . She followed her parents . But she said some angry words , not sure if she will grant him a divorce so easily . She seems hell bent on making him pay for this - something like he’s going to regret this for the rest of his life 

JE crying &  pouring her heart to Hope. 

jW walks in the park & thinks of MY’s words to him 

Next day . jE & hubs rushing to the vet . Oh dear , one of the birds died . The hubs weeping on his knees . ( he was more sad the bird died ) went home, threw the bird cage ..screaming as he smashed it to the ground . She tried to hold him back. 

Artist meets ex Wife in the gallery. Think she had some work for him but she seemed to have some conditions. He got angry & walked away , turning down her offer 

SA sold one of her  bags  , she tried to look for jobs . But no luck as she had no experience 

MY happened to bump into bird Husband. He recognised her , then saw her sad face  . They had coffee . So he finds out now it’s JW . After MY left , he thinks back about all the times she lied to him about going out with her Friend , the secret phone calls etc . He started weeping 

intern looks from afar 

omg bird Husband went to look for Jw in school. He knelt before JW & said teacher , pls help me once - begged him not to take JE away. He was sorry for not paying get attention etc . jE meant everything to him . jW crouched with him , apologising & crying . Bird Husband is like no , I’m sorry .. both kept apologising to each other , crying . ( this broke my heart) 

SA hubs get a pic of SA working as a waitress.  He was half mocking & half angry - is this what you left me for . Funnily , the guy who had a crush on her kept texting her old phone worried about how she was . The hubs sent the photo of her waitressing . He went to look for her . Funnily when she went home , she kept her job a secret from artist , apologised that she had spent too much time outside 

JE text JW mentioned about her husband, something about the divorce. Like I think it’s not the right time . mY meanwhile at work during a lecture , day dreaming of pulling JE hair . Then later at night back home , JE gets text from JW , he apologises for making it hard for her . She later text JW says the hubs is very depressed as one of the birds died

next day - JW calls JE asked to meet 

also scene of the two girls & spying student.  Little one says mum will be coming back soon. Big sis chided her & says don’t lie . They both started bickering . 

SA & artist eat together but both had voiceovers , seem they both feel a wall btwn them though they were smiling to each other . 

Curator takes the younger one to the park . Lil girl asked her when will mum come back . Curator got annoyed and says don’t know. Then the curator says stay put , i need to go get something 

sA hubs brings Artist & the ex Wife to the restaurant that SA works in . Artist shocked . Pulls her aside . Why are you working here ? Started screaming at her . Then a call comes in for the hubs little girl is missing.  SA over hears . Both SA & the hubs go looking for her. 

jE meets JW at the library. Just smile at each other . No words but just a quite understanding  btwn them. Even have coffee together in separate tables.  He then gave her a gift , a very nice pen inscripted with some meaningful words.  They just text each other . Then he says you should go . And he smiles 

Artist helps to look for the little girl . He found her . He carries her & ask her what she was doing there. She is like I’m looking for mum. Do you know where she is ? Pls if you see her , tell her to come back.  He says yes . 

He returned the lil girl back to her parents 

JE sits at the park bench , reads a note from JW  . Seems he was trying to end it. , I think for her husband sake . She went back to the library immediately to look for him . Stood staring at him . She was about to leave , JW was going to stop her but MY came to the library & saw them. Made a huge scene , slapped JE & JW had to drag MY away 

- eps ends - 

Lol! @Lawyerh @Ameera Ali  Prepare tissue . But I’m Glad the spouses found out . They all needed the push to confront the truth about the state of their marriages . Though next week looks a little tragic , I’m a bit hopeful that JW finally plucks up courage in front of the world to openly take JE with him 

The scene of JE with Long hair was not a time jump , it was a flashback when her MIL first met her . Preview 

Wait a minute, wasn't this supposed to end at episode 12? Did they extended it?

@triplem  Thanks for the recap as usual:heart:. Next week EP looks hopeful. Looks like someone took a video of MY, JE and JW confrontation. Was MY behind this to humiliate JE and JW reputation? And Is that JE co-workers who are watching that video? 

Looks like JW made a trip to MY parent's house to spill the beans. Not to mention, he is not legally married in Korea so it's easier for him to get a divorce compared to JE. JW is finally standing up for himself and for his relationship with JE. Good, very good. 

I feel sad for the MIL the most because I believe she really liked her daughter in law genuinely. 

SA teenager daughter, what's she doing on top of the building? Please no suicide...... 

@lu09 You’re welcome . PHS in her IG had mentioned that it would be 16eps . So i think this was not a last minute decision. I suppose 16 eps is good time for the show to give proper closure to everyone. 

Yes , it seems like someone uploaded the video of MY attacking JE , and thereby JE became the talk of the town. I too hope the SA oldest Daughter is not trying to kill herself

——

This is the reason I think JW had no choice but to end things with JE 

Archived