Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

@ktcjdrama I noticed that too, but will probably watch both versions to compare (as if I needed any reason to rewatch anyway).

Wonder what the ratings are for Ep2, and what K-viewers have to say about the drama.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just now, liddi said:

@ktcjdrama I noticed that too, but will probably watch both versions to compare (as if I needed any reason to rewatch anyway).

Wonder what the ratings are for Ep2, and what K-viewers have to say about the drama.

Haha, I sometimes do that too for conversations that I wanted to be more sure of. At times using English subs too.

@triplem any k-nets reaction from melohwa about this show?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haha, I sometimes do that too for conversations that I wanted to be more sure of. At times using English subs too.

@triplem any k-nets reaction from melohwa about this show?

Unfortunately not. I am still searching for a site with English subs. I know On Demand korea is subbing but it is only for the North American Market

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, liddi said:

They might have gravitated naturally towards each other through their similar temperaments, but perhaps not taken any further steps beyond the perfunctory greetings, since they both view affairs as forbidden.

Been thinking about this... Maybe I should wait until more is shown before commenting, but here goes... Sure they both are appalled with the idea of having affairs. However, circumstances might throw them to go find respite in each other. We've been shown how unexcited YJW is about his wife coming home, and her being so cheerful about her new post and a chance to move to Seoul, obviously does not align with what he wants for himself. They might have a disagreement soon on this matter. As for SJE, in the preview of ep.3, we saw that husband is yelling at her about the birds, and she finally voiced out her frustration about being called Omma of the birds.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@ktcjdrama It is possible, but I wonder what circumstances would have gotten them engaging with one another if it had not been for the forced proximity due to her accident, all of which was due to CSA. With SJE's character, would she really have reached out to another person much less a man, when she is so withdrawn and isolated emotionally? I don't know.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Isn’t it like fate/destiny that they keep crossing paths? The helping with bottled water, the dosirak at mini-mart. SJE was already feeling something for YJW that made her feel awkward and shy around him. And then CSA being her new neighbor, caught her stealing and using her as alibi. YJW being the student’s teacher. I mean it’s as if they’re meant to be entangled together. Thus for me, it’s very interesting that SJE ended her monologue pleading to God not to test her. 

Never mind me, just sharing my thoughts out loud. Not that I’m approving their affairs :sweatingbullets:

Anyway, the writer is already laying the way that SJE’s affairs will surely be found out, with the MIL suspecting her meeting another man (CSA’s lover boy) and already playing detective by snapping pictures of license plates. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, liddi said:

Thank you so much for the detailed comparison between the two versions. From what I can see, Sawa and SJE are two very different characters, the latter leading a far more miserable life compared to her feisty J-counterpart, eliciting a sympathetic reaction to her plight pretty much from the get-go. Am I mistaken or Rikako's husband's treatment of her seems to be more flippant compared to CSA's, who seems thus far to dote on her? I like Kitano's quip about smelly bugs, which shows he associates himself as one of them. Guess that won't be true for long either. Is there any mention of the morning glory flower in the original, which appears to be the prevalent theme in this version?

@liddiNo, there is no morning glory in the J version. Kitano was into bugs.  I see Sawa as more frustrated and angry while SJE seems to be on the verge of depression if not already there. Rikako also said that marriage is for stability not love. So she regards her marriage as security and her husband also seems to think that way. I give you stability in exchange for being the ideal wife. Maybe Rikako would have wanted to be romanced by her husband. She said that to one of her lovers that a woman needs to be romanced which he answered that it was an afternoon liaison and he did not think she was there to talk about romance. Also the J version, Rikako had met Kato going into the house and she actually flirted and tapped his face then showed a dead bug in her palm. Kato said resentfully that he did not want to eat food in her house but still showed up. Rikako said she knew he was a painter and wanted him to paint her. Kato ignored her but later drew her anyway. Kato's drawing was to show Rikako how he saw her which I thought was more insensitive different from the drawing of DHY in K drama which was more perceptive and touchy? I kind of like DHY's drawing more.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, kdrama.nangja said:

So excited to watch! Finally there is subtitle! 

from where can we watch with subs? 

I am not living in America or Europe

• Like 2
  • Love 2

hi chingus :blush:

I am watching this just because I am curious is that husband a gay because they are not having sex for 3 years but still sleep together on the same bed. and he loves his birds. ... too many damages in this drama wkwkwkw:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

50 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

from where can we watch with subs? 

I am not living in America or Europe

Me too. I believe it's "everywhere" by now.. you know.. try checking them out. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

The names of the birds ~ Love and Faith...

I wonder which is the name of the blue one, the one that got out from the cage. What will happen to it? Died? Flew away? I think the birds will come to symbolize something in the drama too... When there is no more Love, no more Faith, then starts the affair?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@ktcjdrama The blue one is Love, as seen when JCK took it out of the cage and cooed over it upon his return home at the beginning of Ep1. I wish SJE would just set them all free, if only for the satisfaction of seeing him go berserk :w00t:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hello~ I just move here after watching first episode.

45 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wonder which is the name of the blue one, the one that got out from the cage. What will happen to it? Died? Flew away? I think the birds will come to symbolize something in the drama too... When there is no more Love, no more Faith, then starts the affair?

Cooked :phew:

Wow . . . so this is JP remake. Gotta give it a try too.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is one of the most interesting in the introduction for me. Faith and Love.... the lovebirds.... how will it reflect on their married life..

Also, I feel Ji Eun's husband is quite childish.... or was it seems like a forced marriage? Just like the new neighbors perhaps.. 

Speaking of new neighbors, quite fascinating that Publisher Husband is going to be working with Artist Lover. So many issues yet on the first episode.. To see how they will resolve it or pile more conflicts is what interests me. That goes the same with my other infidelity dramas. Just DRAMAS hah.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Who can resist this beautiful and sweet face?

Resultado de imagen para Lee Sang Yeob love affairs in the afternoon

preview ep3

• Like 4
  • Love 2

BWAHAHAHA did the bird escape lol:joy::mrgreen:? Is that why he is screaming in the middle of his workplace???? This should be fun Imao:D.

Finally she snapped at him with his "Mom" remarks. About time:thumbsup:.....

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

On 7/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, liddi said:

Now you have me wondering if I should watch the original as well, or at least perhaps pace myself so that it is on par with what is aired, thus ensuring I do not spoil the story for myself until I have actually watched the Korean version. Decisions decisions.

@liddiI had the advantage of watching the J before the K so.... decisions, decisions. Would be fun to watch both but then you might spoil yourself unless you watch per episode which will be equivalent to one to 2 eps per viewing 

• Like 6

Love the quietness aura of this drama and I love PHS - she's such a great actress! I hope she release those stupid birds hahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 4