Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Did they say how many episodes it is going to be? I am going to watch one or two episodes to check it out.

No info yet about the number of episodes.

The thing is, it may not be easy to get subbed episodes because this is on Channel A.

• Like 5

On 4/5/2019 at 8:51 PM, ktcjdrama said:

@irilight based on the synopsis above, yes, LSY will be the single man romancing the bored wife of a social welfare chief. Could this be something like The Bridges of Madison County? Have you watched that?

I'll try it a couple of episodes and see how it goes. Like for the drama On The Way to Airport, until the end, I couldn't get on with the main couple's love story because it was still wrong imo, although lots of viewers were vouching for them.

@ktcjdrama, I did see Bridges of Madison County. I loved it, but not only for the story, and also their acting.

I did not see On the Way to the Airport.

I did see  Temptation.  The thread here on Soompi was in battles over it  - those who liked and those who did not like; They were ready to dual each other.... the different camps.... And I was thinking... "It's only a Kdrama..."

I wonder what it is about a movie or drama about adultery,  that sometime let us at least take it as is - face value, with no judgement really,  and enjoy what is offered - as was the case in Bridges. And other movies or Drama that have us ready to do battle over them.

Did you happen to have seen the Japanese Drama this is based on?

@maribella, no news of number of episodes yet.

• Like 6

No, I haven't seen the original Japanese drama. I don't usually watch Japanese dramas. 

I too love Bridges of Madison County. I thought the story was very well told. I could really feel for the female lead. Of course I was at a different stage of life when I watched it (much younger, unmarried). Maybe I should do a rewatch now :P 

I finished OTWTTA, and there were differing opinions on the thread as well.

I think this drama will be more like Bridges. Let's see...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, irilight said:

did see  Temptation.  The thread here on Soompi was in battles over it  - those who liked and those who did not like; They were ready to dual each other.... the different camps.... And I was thinking... "It's only a Kdrama..."

:lol: it does make me wonder, who are watching the shows.

I am ok if there is knee jerking response because it is a Kdrama and there is no need to think, just gut reaction. Argue if you want, just don't get personal.

What gets me rolling on the floor is the deep analyses in the forums where one reads claims that the writer is trying to give a message that says blah blah. I have been watching KDs since Winter Sonata and all shows have the audience' interests showing in many aspects, perhaps dialogue or favourite scenes or pairings.... for commercial value. The fact that shows are taken from popular mangas is already a clear indication that the studios know what they can get out of it. 

Reading so much from an entertainment....tsk tsk tsk...

This show is from a manga. Apart from Goong which I had enjoyed watching for sheer entertainment, I found the ones I tried to watch to be corny. But they seem to be so popular. I think my age is showing.

So I really must watch this one, may be I could feel rejuvenated :lol:. Can someone point me to the Japanese version? Do they have subbed shows?

• Like 6

16 hours ago, maribella said:

Can someone point me to the Japanese version? Do they have subbed shows?

@maribella, Yes - the Japanese version was on both Viki and DramaFever. 
Sadly, it is no longer available for N. America on Viki.

https://www.viki.com/tv/28933c-hirugao-love-affairs-in-the-afternoon

I heard from friends of mine who have seen it,  and liked it.
I think I want to watch this upcoming Korean Drama first.

Maybe I'll watch the Japanese Drama after that.

Now I am reading there was also a Japanese movie, that continues after the Japanese Drama ended.

@ktcjdrama, I too, felt for the female lead in Bridges.  I also recently watched a movie called Escape with Gemma Arterton, and she did such a good job in it, that I totally understood where she was coming from.

hmm.  Looks like at one time Choi Byung-Mo was in talks to play the husband.  (I think)> Too bad it fell through...  Maybe it is for a different part, because he is still listed in some sources as part of the cast.

Hopefully, we will get some more news about this Drama soon.

Here is Lee Sang-Yeob IG update, with the drama script.

• Like 6

I’m in serious Ye Ji Won withdrawl. I hope Viki picks this up. An adult drama is hard to come by theses days and any chance to see Ye Ji Won perform in anything is always a joy. 

On 4/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, maribella said:

:lol: it does make me wonder, who are watching the shows.

I am ok if there is knee jerking response because it is a Kdrama and there is no need to think, just gut reaction. Argue if you want, just don't get personal.

What gets me rolling on the floor is the deep analyses in the forums where one reads claims that the writer is trying to give a message that says blah blah. I have been watching KDs since Winter Sonata and all shows have the audience' interests showing in many aspects, perhaps dialogue or favourite scenes or pairings.... for commercial value. The fact that shows are taken from popular mangas is already a clear indication that the studios know what they can get out of it. 

Reading so much from an entertainment....tsk tsk tsk...

This show is from a manga. Apart from Goong which I had enjoyed watching for sheer entertainment, I found the ones I tried to watch to be corny. But they seem to be so popular. I think my age is showing.

So I really must watch this one, may be I could feel rejuvenated :lol:. Can someone point me to the Japanese version? Do they have subbed shows?

I agree maribella. I’m way older than you (started watching KDramas in 1992). Over the years they’ve changed to draw in what seems to be a younger crowd. The whole zombie and vampire theme should clue people in!  

So hoping for an adult drama to get lost in. 

• Like 9

I hope doesn't have the same end like japanese drama. :blink: (I don't like it)

• Like 6

Park Hae-sun's 'Lovers on the Weekday Afternoon', confirmed for July 5th
0000583645_001_20190510092909595.jpg?typ

Channel A A new gilt drama 'Lovers of the Weekend Afternoon' will be broadcasted on Friday, July 5 at 11:00 pm

"...  So, from the news of the remake of Korea early this year, it received a lot of attention from the drama fans. In particular, the news of the merger of Park Hae-sun, Lee Sang-yeop, Ye-ji Won, and Jo Dong-hyuk increased expectations. 

Not only are your four actors recognized as outstanding performers, but they also boast a unique sync rate with the original characters.  We are already wondering about the birth of the well-maid drama, where the acting power of the cast, and the sophisticated directing power of director Kim Jung-min will be met."

(Translated with Google Translate.)

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please send lots of title requests to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/confirm/title-request-form/

• Like 7

Well, here is the confirmation from a Soompi article.

bed7172a09264dba897dce1b61272ff5.jpeg?s=

Upcoming J-Drama Remake Starring Park Ha Sun And Lee Sang Yeob Confirms Air Date

Channel A has confirmed that their upcoming drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” will be premiering as a Friday-Saturday drama on July 5!

The drama, starring Park Ha Sun, Lee Sang Yeob, Ye Ji Won, and Jo Dong Hyuk, is a remake of the Japanese Fuji TV drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the trials and tribulations of adults who are faced with forbidden love.

The original Japanese drama was a highly-rated hit for its provocative love story and the detailed emotional portrayal by the actors. It was eventually adapted into both a novel and film.

source

• Like 5

On 4/6/2019 at 5:57 AM, maribella said:

I don't like adultery shows either and could only watch two episodes of the Airport show. I read the husband was a control freak, that might be an acceptable reason or excuse to people who liked that relationship. There is no mention of what the husband is like in this show. I have seen the guy as second lead in a few shows. The main actress got married to the actor Ryu not long ago I think. I cannot remember his full name.

@maribella, I apologize for late response. I was sick, and did not come here to Soompi.
I do not like adultery either, but I love Lee Sang-Yeob, and I am so glad he is finally getting a lead role, I must watch it.

Yes, Park Ha-Sun  is married to Ryu Soo-Young. They met on the set of "Two Weeks."  They already have a  baby. 

I have seen the actor who plays the husband  too (Jung Sang-Hoon).  I think I have seen him in "My Husband Oh Jak-Doo,"  and also in "Woman of Dignity."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, ktcjdrama said:

The thing is, it may not be easy to get subbed episodes because this is on Channel A.

@ktcjdrama, Yes. that is why I encourage everyone to submit multiple requests to Viki. 

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/confirm/title-request-form/

On 5/3/2019 at 2:24 PM, FSA said:

I’m in serious Ye Ji Won withdrawl. I hope Viki picks this up. An adult drama is hard to come by theses days and any chance to see Ye Ji Won perform in anything is always a joy. 

@FSA, I second your opinion. I love her in everything I have seen her in.  I am very curious about  her role in this drama.
Like you, I look forward to seeing an adult drama...

• Like 5

I thought Lee was the youngest. He has a young look (36) but Park is 31. Ye is 46 and Jo is 40. There is a big range. I guess we will get Park being married to an older man. Lee is single with an older girlfriend?

• Like 6

3838e28e687d48a7bba9bf69b8897fc3.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob And Park Ha Sun Get Steamy In Main Poster For New Drama About Forbidden Love

The upcoming drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” (tentative title) has revealed its first teaser video and main poster!

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” is a remake of the 2014 Japanese drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the trials and tribulations of adults who are faced with forbidden love.

In the newly released teaser video, Park Ha Sun is on her bike heading towards an unknown destination. She says, “It feels like I am trapped in a maze without an exit. God, please do not test me.” This is also a replica of a well-known scene from the original drama.

The main poster features the male and female leads of the drama, Lee Sang Yeob and Park Ha Sun. The two stand closely with their arms wrapped around each other, and the tagline on the poster reads, “Am I heaven or hell to you?”

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Yeob-Park-Ha-Seon.jpg

The production team of “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” stated, “The drama is an unconventional and passionate melodrama, while at the same time, a drama that describes in detail the psychology of a person who approaches the feelings of love. That’s why the role that the actors play in bringing the story to life is so important.”

They continued, “Park Ha Sun and Lee Sang Yeob are always deeply immersed in their characters and show off perfect chemistry. The poster also shows the chemistry between the two actors well. Please show a lot of interest and anticipation for the love story they will tell in the drama.”

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” will premiere on July 5 at 11 p.m. KST.

Check out the teaser video below:

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please "liked" the article and comment on it too.
And please submit requests for the drama to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

• Like 5

Not comfortable with the adultery premise but will give this a try because of Park Hasun whom I've loved since Dong Yi, cemented in 3Days; and Lee Sangyeob who caught my eye as the tortured serial killer in Signal. Couldn't even bring myself to watch Temptation which came immediately after 3Days, even though PHS was cast, so let's see how long I last...

• Like 6

20 hours ago, liddi said:

Not comfortable with the adultery premise but will give this a try because of Park Hasun whom I've loved since Dong Yi, cemented in 3Days; and Lee Sangyeob who caught my eye as the tortured serial killer in Signal.

@liddi, I feel similarly about the adultery portion of it. I just love the cast.  Lee Sang Yeob esp., who I have loved since "House of Bluebird," and I agree, his terrific cameo appearance in "Signal."

But it seems that many folks loved the Japanese version of this drama, and I wonder what was the secret to its charm, despite being a drama about adultery.

• Like 5

I thought the 4 main characters were the spouses and the adulterers. :lol: Maybe I'll find a nicer word for it later. Now it seems the husband is a supporting cast Jung Sang Hoon.

Are the other two Ye and Jo playing an illicit coupling too? 

• Like 2

I have watched the japanese version of this I have to say that even thought I really hate adultery dramas. Somewhow I watched the hole drama and the movie. 

So I hope this drama has the same effect. Amazing cast atleast. :D

• Like 5

@irilight @joccu I wonder whether I should try watching the jdrama or jmovie first, or just watch this with fresh eyes. Not familiar with the j-cast except Kichise Michiko and Kitamura Kazuki. To be honest, I do not quite know what to expect from this, but I hope that with a strong cast and script, it will deliver.

• Like 5