[Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3

nateko

Haha, Pertiwi, at first I was a bit mad they pick Universitas Indonesia as the top university, not my almamater. That's cool that they really changed the character background. But, tbh I just know about sumpitan there lmao. Well, the word "sumpitan" is very linguistic in Bahasa, but I might not notice it even if they kept making her from Vietnam.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 7/9/2019 at 1:04 PM, ellelyana88 said:

Woowww... that's a very long list you have there. 

You must be having a blast with all the threads discussing all the dramas.

Actually I don't normally go on all the threads to discuss all the dramas that I watched.

I choose which forum that I want to join but I'm proud all of you guys in Voice 3 thread as you all sporting and fun to discuss with. 

I remembered there was one forum I joined, and I didn't like the members there. Not all are open minded and like to read what others comment on their opinion especially the spoilers. 

I love korean dramas and I have ventured to Chinese dramas too as they are as good as korean dramas but you need to venture out a bit to find the good ones. Not all chinese dramas have sub. But nowadays you can watch these dramas in youtube with eng sub. 

I have selection of dramas to watch so I don't go overboard. Too much you will end up being confuse what with what. hehehehhehe

I believe fans of Voice 3, why don't you give Watcher a try? I watched 2 episodes and very interesting soo far. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nateko said:

I want to watch it just to see how different or similar it is. Do you guys want to watch it? 

Yeah, I will watch it too out of curiosity. Will wait for the sub for the first two episodes (wait, does Japanese drama airs two episodes per week?)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Yeah, I will watch it too out of curiosity. Will wait for the sub for the first two episodes (wait, does Japanese drama airs two episodes per week?)

No, it's one a week. And they're supposed to be 9-11 eps. I think they would solve one case one eps like others procedural jdrama. Tbh, I was surprised when I knew kdrama is aired two eps in a week. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thailand is remaking Voice

https://www.soompi.com/article/1341278wpp/ocns-voice-to-be-remade-in-thailand-confirms-cast

The actress known as Pancake in her country, haven't seen her before in movies but I remember knowing her as supermodel (if I'm not mistaken she's the winner of world model in 2004/2005) but I think she's more popular in the country than international (unlike Baifern, Mew Nittha, or Davika who has been known internationally).

By the way, has anyone watch the Japan remake? How is it?

Thailand and Japanese going to remake Voice... 

It shows Voice has gone global. I think I may not watch the remake as the last time I did try, I didn't like the remake soo much.

It was Ji sung "Kill me, heal me". I didn't like the Chinese actor as I felt he was annoying. hehehehe

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

@nateko @sheelatpsfm @Ellander88 interested in rewatching V3?:joy: Spare you the heartache, just watch until ep 15 also can lol

My heart can't handle watching it the third time. I'm very careful about rewatching dramas because I tend to notice all the plot holes and it ruins the fun. I'm afraid if I watch Voice 3 a second time I'm gonna trash it for what it's worth :joy:

• 5 months later...

Hello, someone found KeyEast Drama Line Up for 2020 and Voice 4 is on the list! Given the ending too, it's possible to have Voice 4 but OP says it's not presented as news yet. Source: TwitterEXD6LyWU4AMe2AW?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by hojunnie
Added photo

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys! The filming has already started for Voice 4 (I think since February). Lee Hana has been updating on her IG that she is filming Voice 4. But, I couldn't find the thread for Voice 4 yet. Anyone going to start it?

@nateko @jouleoppa @sheelatpsfm @mrsj3n and other avid Voice's forumers :tounge_wink:

I just knew that director Shin Yong Hwi who directed Tunnel will be the director for this 4th season after some digging up. 

It seems that the production or their promo / PR team are staying under the radar though. There was not even follow-up news stating Song Seung Hun accepting the offer to be the male lead, but sites like MyDramaList already putting him as the ML. 

Based on Lee Hana following IG post, the colon title for Voice 4 would be "Judgement Time" or "The Time of Judgement" (second to last pic)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 9 months later...

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'd like to say something here about my favourite series:

I believe we may still have hope about do kang woo being alive. Why? Because of the fact that even if there were time limitations in season 3 which did not allow them to film a funeral scene or a grave scene, why didnt they show it in season 4? We could have had atleast one scene of kang kwon joo standing before his grave or a funeral scene as a flashback. But they didn't show that which means that while the writer may have planned to kill off the character, its not impossible that they bring him back especially since they received so much backlash for the ending. Its not unheard of that a character originally intended to be killed off is brought back due to public demand. Voice 4 aired on tvn, had the very popular song seung hoon, brought back a character from season 1 and given how it has 3 seasons hence has already formed a set audience, the ratings were pretty low. It wasn't an outright flop but considering how it couldn't even surpass season 1 which aired on ocn, a much smaller channel. Though the original plan may have been to end do kang woo, who knows what may happen in season 5? I believe if enough noise is made, it could be possible. Ratings is an important factor in shows and I'm sure the makers go through the feedback. The feedback for season 4 was pretty lacklustre.

It hurt me to drop season 4 but I just couldn't continue. I tried my best despite feeling absolutely devastated that Do kang woo wont be in it. I still tried. Because after jang hyuk, lee jin wook won me over so I thought maybe the same would happen with song seung hoon's Derek cho. But he couldn't win me over and I ended up dropping it around episode 8. In my opinion SSH lacked the intensity of both lee jin wook and jang hyuk. Also he didn't make the character his own the way the previous two leads did. And yes a major factor was that unlike moo jin hyuk, do kang woo's character arc did not end nicely. It hurts even more knowing bang je soo is still alive. That's like bringing mo tae gu back and killing off moo jin hyuk. 

Die hard fans of the show may criticize me for this but unless they bring lee jin wook back for season 5, this is where I'm going to have part ways with the series. It's not that I was watching this for lee jin wook only, but watching it without him given the way season 3 ended is too painful. 

Whether it was time constraints or differences between the writer and director, fact is they have left doubt about do kang woo's death to make his return possible. 

Were I making season 5, I would show that do kang woo's death was faked to secretly take him to America. It could be that Fabre labs has him and is experimenting on his or it could be that he's getting treatment.

And even though I dropped season 4, I kept up with spoilers so I do know the story. I honestly think they are headed towards America for season 5. Why not show do kang woo alive and being treated there? I don't care if its only the last episode but I wish they end season 5 by surprising us with a smiling and alive do kang woo walking towards kang kwon joo.