[Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3

nateko

10 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

PD apologized on insta

He deleted the post. Wonder why bcs the hate comment in that post isn't as much (from what I see everyone thanked him). I hope the hate don't give him much pressure and stress because actually the directing is very good (from amateur pov like me) the picture turned out beautiful and he captures DKW and KKJ feeling just the right amount. He directed That Man Oh Soo too, and same as Voice 3, what suck is the story plot.

By the way, can anyone translate what he wrote? I want to know

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiya Kiki said:

He deleted the post. Wonder why bcs the hate comment in that post isn't as much (from what I see everyone thanked him). I hope the hate don't give him much pressure and stress because actually the directing is very good (from amateur pov like me) the picture turned out beautiful and he captures DKW and KKJ feeling just the right amount. He directed That Man Oh Soo too, and same as Voice 3, what suck is the story plot.

By the way, can anyone translate what he wrote? I want to know

Ya just saw his Instagram. Didn't see this post. Can anyone please translate it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Btw, i thought the backlash was more towards the writer than the director, what did he apologize about? :blink:

While people blamed the writer for killing KW, they also blamed the director for ruining already ruined ending by excluding crucial scenes that were went for the team and the viewers to say goodbye to KW and send him off properly. Many sais that they would feel better about the ending if the director included all the scenes the writer had in mind.

About the tweet's translation, let me quote the user L on twitter:

"He said thankyou and sorry to everyone and especially viewers who feel disappointed about the ending. He said he have a lot of burden. And he said that it's all his fault so you all can blame him only."

• Like 1

@nateko @sushilicious Ahh.. I see.

Well, I've moved on from the ending though after reading the writer's interview. It's just a shame that they couldn't include the scene that they had already filmed to translate the ending better. But anyhow, what's done is done. 

I hope people don't keep blaming them though. It's a lesson learnt for each of them. 

I hope they take some time off to reorganize and reevaluate Voice's production if there is Voice 4 in plan. I don't mind waiting with more refreshing ideas from the writer..Dark web and body parts auction is already dark, intricate and up-to-date kind of crime, I wonder what else could the writer bring forward as the main plot. So, I hope they take some time off perhaps 1-2 years to come up with something solid to Voice 4. 

In the meantime, I want to watch LHN's other work(s) first before she rejoin Voice 4...and also LJW's next drama in order to accept KW's death and have enough time to mourn for him, and that there will be another partner assign to KJ. I think, Baek Sung Hyun, the actor who played Shim Dae Shik role in season 1 perhaps could rejoin since he already discharge from military service by then. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@ellelyana88 Agree, the hate and bullying should stop. I do think the writer and PD knew that people won't take the ending too well but no one anticipate so much backlash.  Indeed, a lesson to be learned. I'd like to see a woman as a villain and hopefully we're done with psychopaths. For three seasons all the villains were psychopaths, so having one in season 4 would be overkill.

Either way, the full OST is out, 37 tracks in total - 

@sushilicious The last track is really sad. I think it pefectly encompases KW's journey. :dissapointed_relieved: Sadly no acapella version of Kim Yuna's Voice, I wanted to hear it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Yeah agree with you all, we're all sure dissapoint but what's done is done, So lets move on. No more blamed. 

Hope to see them in another projects someday. 

I choose to remember KC and DKW as a badass couple. I already kept them together in my mind and my heart. So, no more sadness. 

Well this is my second videos to lighten up your mood, hope you like it chingu:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVD2irdheU

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For me, I'm not sure I want to watch Voice 4 if it does announced that they are going to film season 4... 

I don't think I can watch without Kang Woo.. :cry:

Watcher has taken over Voice 3.. At least I am healing by watching another good drama that has taken over from Voice 3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheelatpsfm said:

Watcher has taken over Voice 3.. At least I am healing by watching another good drama that has taken over from Voice 3

I'm patiently waiting for Strangers from Hell, that's my list after VOICE S3. Corruption isn't my thing, I ever tried to watch Secret Forest but I was confused a lot hahaha.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jouleoppa said:

I'm patiently waiting for Strangers from Hell, that's my list after VOICE S3. Corruption isn't my thing, I ever tried to watch Secret Forest but I was confused a lot hahaha.

Wait you should really go back to Secret Forest, it’s a hidden gem, and you will end up falling in love with Jo Seung woo! 

The first episode thrusts the watcher in a random story but all the characters and situations reflect how much there is corruption and the prosecution system present in South Korea. It focuses more on one case relating to those part of the prosecution and police force. Give it another try. :)

• Like 4

No other news about Voice or interview with any of the cast? Anything from LJW?

I am too lazy to search for it myself, I'm feeding off what you guys post here. Hahahahaha :sweatingbullets:

Anyway, what drama(s) you guys watching now?

Me, currently following:

OCN's Watcher

KBS2's Angel's Last Mission: Love

TvN's Arthdal Chronicles

TvN's Search:WWW

MBC's Partners for Justice 2

Wait, now that I list it out, I just realized I follow that many dramas in a week :blink: 

I thought I am already busy with works, I wonder where did I got the time to watch these dramas? :joy:

• LOL 2

@ellelyana88 Wow, that's a lot of dramas. I'm currently taking sort of a break. Finished Abyss yesterday now I'm planning on watching Watcher and WWW. About Voice, nothing new as far as I know. They posted some v-log on YouTube but it had no interviews with the mail leads so people were left disappointed. :sweat_smile:

• LOL 1

23 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

No other news about Voice or interview with any of the cast? Anything from LJW?

I am too lazy to search for it myself, I'm feeding off what you guys post here. Hahahahaha :sweatingbullets:

Me, currently following:

OCN's Watcher

KBS2's Angel's Last Mission: Love

TvN's Arthdal Chronicles

TvN's Search:WWW

MBC's Partners for Justice 2

Wait, now that I list it out, I just realized I follow that many dramas in a week :blink: 

I thought I am already busy with works, I wonder where did I got the time to watch these dramas? :joy:

Hahahahha.. Do you know that this month, a lot of new dramas are out? I'm already wondering how am I going to cover all as I want to watch all. hehehhehehehe

I'm currently watching

Mon&Tues drama: Perfume & Partners for Justice 2

Wed&Thurs drama: Angel's last mission: love

Sat&Sun weekend drama: Mother of mine

Sat&Sun drama: Watcher 

Chinese drama: Deep in my heart

Waiting to watch upcoming drama in July: 

Let me hear your song --- after Perfume

Justice (Choi Jin Hyuk) -- after Angel's last mission:love

Class of lies  -- after save me 2

Golden garden (Marry me now 2 main leading role acting together again) -- after different dreams

Doctor room (Ji Sung) -- after Nokdu flower 

Doctor detective -- after Absolute boyfriend

When devil calls your name (Jung Kyung Ho) -- after WWW

• Like 2

I may give a try to watch japanese remake of Voice S1, it's gonna be aired this Saturday (July 13). I'll go checking if Waku Waku Japan aired it or VIU had it. Actually, I don't watch a lot of K-dramas like you guys, I watched many J-dramas because I diverted it from Kamen Rider show I used to follow and wanna see a manga live action hahaha.

Btw, I'm still running my Voice blog on tumblr so I'm still here to check info. And I wanted to make some gifset too. I think I'm not moving on [laughs]

@msaamia I finished watching Secret Forest on TVN Asia, it was being aired after VOICE S1 last year. I just wanna know the culprit in the end haha, but still, it's confusing to me. I dont like prosecutor world in K-drama. I ever watched a kind of corruption in police agency in J-drama but I understand it better, just the police who are involved and being the leads, no prosecutors or lawyers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Since it's hard to follow current dramas in my country, I binge watching some old and latest drama.

1. Return, bcs I need to see fluffy Jin Wook :joy:

2. High School King of Savvy, now even with that kind of personality she played I still can't get over how soft her voice is

3. Tomorrow With You

4. Kingdom (this is hella good, I still think GOT should be compared with this instead of Arthdal even it's different genre)

5. Priest

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nateko said:

Wow, that's a lot of dramas. I'm currently taking sort of a break. Finished Abyss yesterday now I'm planning on watching Watcher and WWW. 

I finished Abyss too. But, I purposely didn't watch episode 12 - 15 though. The story get on my nerves around those episodes. Hahaha

12 hours ago, nateko said:

About Voice, nothing new as far as I know. They posted some v-log on YouTube but it had no interviews with the mail leads so people were left disappointed. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, the only comfort we get is the FMVs of KKJ x DKW made by the shippers. 

Thanks to them, I'm greatly comforted (although their story kind of tragic too in the FMVs...LOL :joy:)

12 hours ago, sheelatpsfm said:

I'm currently watching

Mon&Tues drama: Perfume & Partners for Justice 2

Wed&Thurs drama: Angel's last mission: love

Sat&Sun weekend drama: Mother of mine

Sat&Sun drama: Watcher 

Chinese drama: Deep in my heart

Waiting to watch upcoming drama in July: 

Let me hear your song --- after Perfume

Justice (Choi Jin Hyuk) -- after Angel's last mission:love

Class of lies  -- after save me 2

Golden garden (Marry me now 2 main leading role acting together again) -- after different dreams

Doctor room (Ji Sung) -- after Nokdu flower 

Doctor detective -- after Absolute boyfriend

When devil calls your name (Jung Kyung Ho) -- after WWW

Woowww... that's a very long list you have there. 

You must be having a blast with all the threads discussing all the dramas.

As for me, even though I follow all those dramas, I am only active in this thread. 

Except Voice, I just watch other drama without the urge to discuss anything.

Oh, I'm so biased with Voice.

Unless the drama really caught my attention to fry my brain or intrigue me with its plot, otherwise, I will just be a silent reader or just visit the drama's thread occasionally. :grimace:

12 hours ago, jouleoppa said:

I may give a try to watch japanese remake of Voice S1, it's gonna be aired this Saturday (July 13). I'll go checking if Waku Waku Japan aired it or VIU had it. Actually, I don't watch a lot of K-dramas like you guys, I watched many J-dramas because I diverted it from Kamen Rider show I used to follow and wanna see a manga live action hahaha.

Btw, I'm still running my Voice blog on tumblr so I'm still here to check info. And I wanted to make some gifset too. I think I'm not moving on [laughs]

@msaamia I finished watching Secret Forest on TVN Asia, it was being aired after VOICE S1 last year. I just wanna know the culprit in the end haha, but still, it's confusing to me. I dont like prosecutor world in K-drama. I ever watched a kind of corruption in police agency in J-drama but I understand it better, just the police who are involved and being the leads, no prosecutors or lawyers.

I on the other hand watch a lot of K-dramas and could understands well the sentiment behind, but I couldn't really understand it for J-dramas, except maybe Gokusen or live action movie for anime, anime series and some anime movies. The acting style between Japanese drama and Korean drama is very different.  :grimace:

4 hours ago, Kiya Kiki said:

Since it's hard to follow current dramas in my country, I binge watching some old and latest drama.

Oh? There are many free online platform though to catch up. *cough* :phew:

4 hours ago, Kiya Kiki said:

1. Return, bcs I need to see fluffy Jin Wook :joy:

2. High School King of Savvy, now even with that kind of personality she played I still can't get over how soft her voice is

3. Tomorrow With You

4. Kingdom (this is hella good, I still think GOT should be compared with this instead of Arthdal even it's different genre)

5. Priest

Great selection. Return was okay for me. Except for the scandal involving the female lead (which they changed), the other actors portrayed their character very well. They are all seasoned-actors. LJW was indeed fluffy in this drama. LOL! It's just that I think the plot for him kind of overshadowed by the plot for the other four characters.

Lee Hana was cute and quirky in HSKS. It was her comeback after 5-year hiatus from small screen. But, she took on very different character in each of her drama, and I once even though she may be had multiple personality. Hahahahaha.

Oh..Oh... it would be awesome if I could see her acting as a character with multiple personality. Hmmm..

Tomowwor with you I only watch the first episode then the ending. Hahahahah... time-travel never really my cup of tea. I hate to question and organize the past, present and future in the plot. It's a headache for me to watch that kind of drama or movie. So, I've never watched LJW's Nine too. :grimace:

Kingdom is on my going-to-watch list. But I am waiting for its season 2 first before I embark to watch it. I don't want to be left with cliffhanger and the long wait for the answer.

Priest was okay. The ending kind of frustrating for me. But I suggest you watch Sohn: The Guest. We had very fun time discussing the plot and do the guessing when it was airing. That was when @sushilicious was smitten by KDW before LJW. :joy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellelyana88 said:

But I suggest you watch Sohn: The Guest. We had very fun time discussing the plot and do the guessing when it was airing

Yea I don't really have unlimited internet available at home and not every place has wifi here.

And yes I've watched Sohn, because the 3 main protagonists are my favorite. I love Jung Eun Chae since Dr. Frost, Kim Dong Wook since Along with the Gods (and his off-screen personality as well!), and Lee Jae Wook. At this point all the actors name ended with Wook attracted me:joy: Sohn is still the best exorcsist/horror kdrama for me, I think only Kingdom can compare hoho. (season 2 is still looonggg wait btw)

I'm more into thriller, horror, action, mystery, life (Live, Pinocchio, Solomon's Perjury, 38 Squad), like that. I don't usually watch pure romance/romcom (I quit watching Her Private Life bcs I thought it was boring hehe and I don't watch DotS too), but I like Lee Je Hoon in Signal and I Can Speak and Shin Min Ah is so pretty so I watch TWY, turns out it's fun if you looking up for some light romance (to heal my wounds of Voice:bawling:)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kiya Kiki said:

And yes I've watched Sohn, because the 3 main protagonists are my favorite. I love Jung Eun Chae since Dr. Frost, Kim Dong Wook since Along with the Gods (and his off-screen personality as well!), and Lee Jae Wook. At this point all the actors name ended with Wook attracted me:joy: Sohn is still the best exorcsist/horror kdrama for me, I think only Kingdom can compare hoho. (season 2 is still looonggg wait btw)

Ah, the one in The Guest was Kim Jae Wook actually. Lee Jae Wook is a new actor who played Marco Han in Memories of Alhambra and the actor in TV drama Scarlett watching in currently airing Search: WWW. 

Well, they can form Wookie-Wookie line then: Lee Jin Wook, Kim Dong Wook, Kim Jae Wook, Lee Dong Wook, Lee Jae Wook. Hahahahahah

Yeah, Kingdom season 2 will be a long wait, that's why I don't want to watch the first season which only consist of 6 episodes. Haha.

BTW, I am not sure if someone already share vlog that Yannie Kim filmed for her channel during her shooting with Voice 3. 

Here the four-part series she filmed and some explanation on what happened behind the scene.

Not sure if you guys understand Indonesian, but if you have question, I or our other fellow friends here who could understand Indonesian may give some explanation. The videos don't have English subtitle though. 

PART 1:

PART 2:

PART 3:

PART 4:

Yannie's character (Pertiwi) was originally a Vietnamese who graduated from the top university in Vietnam. But, as she read the script, she found out the title for the two episodes was "The Secret of Sumpitan". She felt that that word Sumpitan seems familiar, and when she googled it, it was indeed the hunting tools used by natives or indigenous people in Sulawesi.  So she was perplexed as to why is the nationality of her character is a Vietnamese. Then, she asked the staffs about it. They said, it's just a fictional character and they have no time to change it as she suggested. So, she just tell the staffs that, she wasn't asking to change because of her own greed or whatnot, but for their own good in order not to cause any backlash later. The staffs said they understand her, but they got no time to change it.

But then, two days later, they changed it with condition that Yannie helped them to translate a whole A4 text of script in the interrogation room for Agent Park into Indonesian. 

But then, it was difficult for Agent Park to memorize a whole text of Indonesian and with the matter that Korean can hardly pronounce word with letter R, Yannie tried her best to make the text without word with R letter. So, they discussed with the director and the staffs that the scene in whole Indonesian language will be shoot with only speaking Indonesian in early scene as Yannie pretended not to understand Korean. But when KJ convinced her, she starts to talk in Korean. So, they resolved the matter for Son Eun Seo having to speak Indonesian for the whole scene. 

I am so relieved that the production team changed the Yannie's character description though, because the word Sumpitan indeed originate from the Nusantara part of Southeast Asia which is a tool used by the indigenous people to hunt for a long time and still exist nowadays. I am sure there would be backlash about the staffs didn't research thoroughly if they continue with the original character description. In this aspect, I agreed with what Yannie Kim tried to do. When you involved other nationality and using something from their culture to present the episode title, you have to at least align it correctly. Else, it would only inviting more hate comments about the drama. Hmm..

• Like 2