[Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3

nateko

5 minutes ago, nateko said:

And that Japanese cop who speaks perfect Korean is cute :P I like him, he seems like a nice addition, though I'm not sure if he'll stay long enough.

He is Japanese cop? I didnt catch that because I watch live stream, scenes went by so fast and I hardly catch who is who.  I thought he is someone from Korean embassy, isn't he? 

Yeah I like him too. He seems like a calm person and not judgy. 

10 minutes ago, nateko said:

I'm with you on this one. Just returned from Korea and could vividly imagine something like that happening. I also travel alone so this seemed even more frightening to me

IKR!!! Sometimes I found studio unit in airbnb that's cozier and cheaper than staying hotel. But I always have this second thought of "what if" before booking and research the other property's price at the same area. If the price being offered at a very much difference from other property, I would never proceed the booking..especially when going to travel alone. Phewwwhhh.. I dont want to even imagine finding myself lying on a god-know-where cold basement floor! :unsure: 

I think this might be from real case since writer MJW always use real case as story inspiration since season 1.

@Realyn Tan Welcome welcome on board! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@nateko @ellelyana88 

Hide contents

not too sure on how they got to the guest house but...didn't they were riding a taxi this is when they were fetched by the guy?

If that's the case,that was the pure sign to not accept any offers from random taxi drivers :joy:

You mean the murderer's guest house? They called the owner (murderer) when they saw the cheap one listed on the app they used, outside the first inn where they argued with the fraudulent red-light inn owner (the big guy). They paid like $300 for the shabby red-light inn. When they saw the cheap listing, they called the murderer-owner to pick them up. So, the murderer-owner picked them up and the rest is history. Do u think her friend still alive, or totally gone? :unsure:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

He is Japanese cop? I didnt catch that because I watch live stream, scenes went by so fast and I hardly catch who is who.  I thought he is someone from Korean embassy, isn't he? 

Oh, he might be. I didn't catch it since they talk so quickly and with all the Japanese mixed in my brain basically exploded while trying to remember it. :sweat_smile:

14 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

I think this might be from real case since writer MJW always use real case as story inspiration since season 1.

I forgot that many of the cases were based on real events. I think there was less of that in the second season but now that you reminded me of it, there was a case in early 2018 about a murder of a tourist in a guest house but it was on Jeju island. Maybe the writer took inspiration from that case. Here are the articles that I found about it if anyone's interested :crazy:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, nateko said:

Oh, he might be. I didn't catch it since they talk so quickly and with all the Japanese mixed in my brain basically exploded while trying to remember it. 

IKR!!! Mannnn... I was taken aback with the Japanese right from the first scene and for like half of the episode. I have to glue my eyes on the Korean subtitle to make some sense of what going on. So many new characters.

The Japanese detective, the embassy guy (as of now), the masked killer, the guest house murderer, Kousuke's childhood friend's father (i forgot the girl's name!), new commissioner. Yeah, exploding brain is not an exaggeration. Hahaha.

Btw, we got Officer Park with new bob hair and Officer Jin-Frankenstein :lol:

Oh, i think we gonna visit BJS in tomorrow episode. ...or not yet? Hahaha

Btw, who will be DKW new sidekick. He was talking to someone on the phone asking about how it goes. He sure has a lot of sidekicks huh.

40 minutes ago, nateko said:

I forgot that many of the cases were based on real events. I think there was less of that in the second season but now that you reminded me of it, there was a case in early 2018 about a murder of a tourist in a guest house but it was on Jeju island. Maybe the writer took inspiration from that case. Here are the articles that I found about it if anyone's interested :crazy:

I was just coming back from Jeju last 2 months. Pheewwwhhh...staying at hostel seems better than staying in private guesthouse.. woohoo!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Btw, we got Officer Park with new bob hair and Jin-Frankenstein officer :lol:

Oh, i think we gonna visit BJS in tomorrow episode. ...or not yet? Hahaha

Btw, who will be DKW new sidekick. He was talking to someone on the phone asking about how it goes. He sure has a lot of sidekicks huh.

Jin-Frankenstein, lol :lol: but he seems to be more serious now, guess he matured after the incident. As for officer Park, she looks great with her new hair cut. DKW sure does change sidekicks in a blink of an eye but is so reluctant to work with our team. Guess he's afraid to see them get hurt because of him after what happened to KJ. I don't blame him but would love to see someone kick his a** for behaving the way he does towards KJ. BTW, about KJ's bombing incident, did the bad guys wanted to kill her or not? I wonder what's the deal with the camera and the remotely controlled bomb that was installed in that building, what exactly did they want with KJ.

• Like 3

@nateko I think that person who detonated the bomb:

1) want KJ to die to awaken "Kousuke" completely

Or

2) want to damage KJ hearing or collect her ear (some ear fetish thingy...lol). It could be he was testing how damage could her hearing be after the blast. 

Or both.

KJ ears keep ringing kinda looks like foreshadowing something bad will happen to her in the future. 

Well, anyway I am not afraid if that person want to cut KJ ear as his collection anyway. Nowadays, tissue engineering allows you to grow your ear back and attach it back for plastic surgery. The ringing concerns me more. 

They might manipulate her newfound weakness in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

btw, i know this is not a love story but im still rooting for Lee ha na and Lee jin wook to have some sort of cute little “loveline” during this series...just subtle ones to lighten the mood a little bit :) (also to feed my shipper heart..i ship them ALOT. I actually hope they end up together in real life! looks like they are both single coz i’m looking around for articles about them online and it seems Jinwook’s last relationship was with Gong Hyo Jin right? unless they are both secretly dating someone...)

• Like 5

Hello everyone! I hope you're doing well! I've just finished watching the 1st ep and I really loved it, I'm not one to compare things but I must say that in my opinion it's a tad better than the 2nd season! I'm looking forward to watching the episodes to come and to read all your comments! :D 

• Like 3

Hi yall! I've been lurking a while because I was annoyed w/ the Soompi login system, but now it seems different/better. -shrugs- 

Anyways, I was excited for Voice 3 and the premiere did not disappoint! It was great. SO SUSPENSEFUL!

Specific *spoilery* comments:

Spoiler

The murderer peeking out by Se Young's side had me yelling! SCARY AF. Dx
I knew the 2nd ryokan guy was bad. He looked sooooooo creepy at the very start.

I wonder if the first ryokan owner was an accomplice to the murderer. Like he scams female guests with his photoshopped room listings and then the 2nd guy posts super cheap listings to lure those guests to his place. Maybe they thought they could get guests who were desperate for a place and wouldn't think that they would be scammed twice. Or it could be a coincidence. It's just the first guy watching the two girls after they left was a little suspicious.

Kang Woo with his mean, gruff persona, ugh. I hope he loosens up and willingly works with the team again soon. I was a bit frustrated with his rudeness. The team got him out of trouble for the most part and yet he was still hostile towards them. He was rude and mean last season so I hope his personality improves sooner than later.

EP 1 Ratings:

3.174%!

Good start!

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3 - Sat & Sun @22:20 KST

Okay, I just finished watching the episode with sub. Here are some of my take on this episode:

1. White-masked murderer

He seems to be a psychopath artist looking at how he "design" the body parts as flower petals and the head in the middle, then named his "masterpiece" as Flower of Heaven (Ugghhh, although they blurred it out, I could imagine how gruesome that would look like). I think he has similar trait as BJS who think people's body parts as his trophy.. just that this one make it into his so-called art. I think he targeted that  woman artist or maybe his previous or future victims based on special association with missing body parts. As for the woman, it was because she was famous for her painting of "A girl with no lips". I could imagine that the painting is literally a girl with no lips. I suspect that this white-masked murderer is finding someone with special ability like KKJ. Looking at how he plays with the woman and said he will give her a chance to live if she can "decipher" what the recording with indistinct voices talking about. I am having bad feeling that KKJ might encounter this situation later. I am worried that if she lose completely her ability by that time, her life might be in danger. 

Now the question is that, whether this white-masked murderer is the same person that detonated the bomb. My opinion is that, no, it is not the same person. He might be the major murderer of the major case they are working on this season, but I don't think he is the same person in the car. However, looking at how DKW's name tag was found on the murder scene, I think the white-masked murderer either 1) want to lure DKW to him and bring him to the man in the car, because if we look back at this season title "City of Accomplices", there might be a complex web of accomplices to trap DKW in his own dark pit and let his "Kousuke" fully surface, or 2) this white-masked murderer may just be inspired by DKW's story and want to show-off to him let DKW know him that he is following the same path. Well, I am betting on the first one though. 

2. Ryokan Murderer

I think he is not the real owner of the ryokan. He probably was a guest there and killed the owner family. I strangely found his picture with the 2 women hanging in the car and those on the walls are weird since I watch it live last night. It's like he paste or photoshopped  his own picture into their picture, the family of 3. If you guys realize, there was another guy in the big frame on the wall.. and then the preview for episode 2 seems to show there is another man corpse(?) tied up at the basement. The women face he pasted in the frame might be his real wife-daughter or daughters, but the real faces behind were not them, but of the real owner of the ryokan. 

Regarding the big guy of the first ryokan where the girls got scammed, at first, I do think he might be the accomplice of the second ryokan murderer, luring the desperate scammed girls to the second ryokan, just like @lumibear  thought of.. well if we look back at the title of this season: City of Accomplices.

However, on second thought, I think it's just director intentional camera work to let us viewers thinking that the big guy is the accomplice. I don't think the ryokan murderer would have accomplice as his cause for murdering people is not because he failed to extort money from them, but due to  his family history. He seems particularly despise daughters that not listening to him. While the big guy scammed money out of people, the ryokan murderer on the other hand lure people to the secluded ryokan using the wrong address and different name on an app, offering the room at much cheaper price. People couldn't find out that the address given on the app was wrong because he offered himself to pick them up first. If they find the ryokan themselves, the girls might end up at where the Golden Time team try to find Se Young.  

3. Irony of the two girls: "Hypocrisies and Contradictions"

Strangely, I found the white-masked murderer said about "hypocrisies and contradictions" is exactly what the two girls experienced. While the big guy of the first ryokan scammed their money and his appearance looks of a thug, but he is not a serial murderer. He just scammed people's money. Ironically, the person who seems nice, talk with friendly voice and offered to pick them up, instead turns out to be a psychopath murderer. I think this is the main theme they have to deal with in this season. In season 2 they build up the storyline revolving around trust issue, so this season, they have to deal with hypocrisies and contradictions - which to me sounds difficult to unravel.   

Anyway, can't wait for tonight's episode! Wondering if we could see BJS in tonight's episode :w00t:

Oh btw, I want to correct my last post. The old guy with a cane that walk into the hospital room was not Miho's dad. He is the father of that murdered woman artist - Yukiko. 

See you guys tonight! :w00t:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

As for the Ryokan Murderer. I see that he is a bit delusional about how he wants other girls to be his daughter. Which is super twisted

and I’m curious, the people underneath the family photograph before it was stick over with other people’s faces...I wonder who they are and where they are...even though chances are they are dead. 

I think he kept their mutilated bodies at the basement as the preview showed. The man corpse tied up on the chair I think is the real owner of the ryokan.

• Like 2

Frankly speaking,  the 1st four minutes of episode 1 makes me very light headed.

I'm so tempted to fast forward that scene but afraid of missing any crucial info.

Is this the 1st time in Voice that we are actually watching the victim being tortured and then hearing their screams before being killed horribly or I have been watching too much fluffy and diabetic drama that I can't take these tortures?

Or was it the conversation in Japanese just up the whole intense and crazy moments? That includes the scenes at the Japanese home...

tenor.gif?itemid=3462020

At the moment, I'm not liking that the drama is again revolving around DKW.

How long do they intend to drag?

Is he a psycho or is he not?

I just hope that we won't all turn psycho before they finally reveal the real him. :lol:

For now, I'll definitely watch it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Lol I already am a psycho...I want to see him do his worst :joy: just how much kosuke can do eh? I want to know so bad :joy::naughty:

Yikes :joy: I think he can go really dark but I don't want him to. 

Here are some stills from yesterday. From KW's look it seems like he's torn between helping KJ and doing nothing. I think he does care about his former team. I really enjoy how they shake him up. 

OCN posted lots of BTS pictures (too many to upload), so here are the links (worth a look)

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=4

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=5

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=6

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=7

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=8

• Like 6

After the live stream.... speechless for 10 minutes.

DKW really try hard to not let "Kousuke" out. Hmmm... wonder how the story going to turn out when the time come he could not control "Kousuke" anymore (just as the person who supply him the tranquilizers warns him).

Kwon Joo ya, I hope you will not get hurt for wanting to help him. 

Seems like the white-masked murderer and the ryokan murderer are member of another bigger dark web auctioning their "masterpieces". The white-masked murderer with his artsy craze, the ryokan murderer selling his tapes. What a world we live in... full of lunatics. :wacko:

I think the guy in stripe blue suit (the one DKW grab his neck) has a bigger role in this season rather than being just the sidekick. He (Lee Tae Ri) was in The Beauty Inside and a good actor. I don't think he will just be a cameo. Hmmm... :huh:

I am reserving my other comments after I watch the episode with sub tomorrow. The are so many questions swirling in my head.

Is the room where DKW supposedly stay for 8 months just a setup or did he really have all those tools?

Who is that another masked person (let's call him Vampire-masked) at the mental hospital?

Are these people going to kill everyone previously engaged with DKW - Kwak Dokki, BJS and all the Golden Time Team. 

Woah..so many questions in my head!

I think I will just go to sleep and watch the subbed episode tomorrow.

p/s: DKW face with Kousuke's smirk looks like a cat to me...especially the eyes.. what was its name again? Puss?? :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and tell you guys that DKW is not the psycho! :lol:

Someone is playing mind games with him and so obsessed with him just because his daddy dearest was one!

• Like 3

So we have a deadline this season as well. In the second season KJ gave 1 month for KW but this season it KW who said that he'll stay with our team for only one month. I do wonder what will happen to him when he stops taking tranquillizers. At first, I was sure that he had DID but I have never heard of anyone using tranquillizers to stop a personality switch, so I'm very curious what condition does he actually have if any. I also wonder why are the bad guys so obsessed with DKW? 

• Like 3