[Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3

nateko

9 hours ago, nateko said:

@ellelyana88 Yea, I think the company is different. BTW, I've been reading dcgall and have you seen the mess that's going on there? The fans are arguing with staff members, like what? :lol: I think it's my first time ever seeing such a mess, good grief!

I haven't got the chance to read the reactions in dcgall. But based on what u said, it sounds like a total mess there :rolleyes:

Awww... Lee Hana fulfilled fans' wish to see her and LJW in a pic (see last pic). Awwww... :wub: 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Awww... Lee Hana fulfilled fans' wish to see her and LJW in a pic (see last pic). Awwww... :wub: 

See? I just need seeing them together for real to make me smile again:joy: and what is that, is she teasing us by putting bunch of GTT Center photos before putting their photo together, she exactly know what we want. There must be bunch of their photo together but I don't think she (or the staff) will feed us more.

BUT I NEED MORE:bawling:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

30 minutes ago, Kiya Kiki said:

See? I just need seeing them together for real to make me smile again:joy: and what is that, is she teasing us by putting bunch of GTT Center photos before putting their photo together, she exactly know what we want. There must be bunch of their photo together but I don't think she (or the staff) will feed us more.

BUT I NEED MORE:bawling:

Well, she saves the best for last.  :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Sooo... here's the long awaited interview with the writer - https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/009/0004384938

I was waiting for it because I still had just a tiny bit of hope but nope, my hope was crushed.

google translate or papago.naver will be fine to get the general idea. I don't want to translate everything and I'm not really that good at it yet, but the main point - yes, KW is dead and it's final. Honestly, the writer's answers are simply infuriating. She said that KW basically died for KJ and the GTT. Like what? Seriously? She also said that the production crew thought day and night about how to make his death less painful for the viewers. Gosh, I can even...She also mentioned about a funeral scene or something and that she hoped for KW to be reborn as a beautiful green tree in his next life or something like that, but it didn't translate well on screen and a lot was cut. 

Gosh, it's all just so infuriating that I'm kinda hysterical at this point. :joy: Writer, GTFO! I feel sorry for myself and everyone who watched this season. At least the writer apologised to the viewers but what's the point?

Final BTS

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

We really don't get to see him in voice again.... :(

Yea and it's devastating. Well, I'm done with Voice series and I'm just gonna pretend that episode 16 didn't happen. I have an alternate ending in my mind where KW is alive and well together with the GTT and because of that I won't be watching the next season since my timeline and the real one won't align well. Sad that it had to end like this. I don't understand the writer at all so I don't see how I'll be able to watch her next works after that. Would've been better if she didn't do this interview at all.

6 hours ago, nateko said:

She said that KW basically died for KJ and the GTT. Like what? Seriously?

Actually, since Season 2, I’m kind of expecting him to die to by sacrificing himself as his proof to never give up ‘til the end….. not like this!!! It’s clearly a suicide, selfish, as he let the SWAT team shoot him dead after they warned him. What’s the point he still saved a little girl from gas if that’s not his last fight? He could hold himself not to kill BJS and KKJ but afterall he lost the final battle against Kaneki, he lost to his own demon. I prefer the better execution of how he should die i.e the bad guy kill him unexpectedly, or the basement crashes down because Kaneki set a bomb (like he did to KKJ in S2 final) but he already rescued KKJ and Detective Park to go outside safely. I know it’s still tragic because we got a hope that he could be cured abroad but fate took him away, but at least it’s more honorable and heroic, and THAT’S WHAT WE COULD CALL SACRIFICE, WRITER-NIM!!  That’s what I ever imagined when I roleplayed him, an opposite ending of how KKJ could survive the bomb in S2 but DKW couldn’t in S3. And yes, no need much melodrama of that scene, quick and not much painful, I still like the single shot on the head compared to Kill It tho’. That’s why I was hoping it’s BJS who infiltrate the SWAT team and shoot him when I saw the spoiler everywhere that he seems to carry the case of rifle, but I watched the full eps with subtitle and in the epilogue, BJS just opened the case after the woman told him. Pfftttt…. My hope is definitely crushed now.

He shed a tear in this scene btw, damn.

tumblr_pu2axcxnxS1u6fc2yo1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I feel everyone’s sentiments here. Indeed, Voice 3 ended on a low note as it was not what the fans have been expecting. The story’s pacing is too slow and characters weren’t developed until the last minute. Even at the last episodes, characters weren’t fully developed because revelations were too sudden and the time was too short. 

It breaks my heart, too, that there will be no more Do Kang Woo in the next season. Voice 4’s future is too bleak since most of us are devastated by this season’s story. I remember LJW saying he’s very keen on reprising his role. Do Kang Woo’s fate was too fuzzy until the writer confirmed that DKW is definitely dead. 

I’m still hoping that there will be a way to resurrect DKW’s character for the next season. And if so, I hope that the story will revive the heart and soul in the stories in S1 and S2. 

• Like 3

Since I am LJW and LHN trash and I just confirmed myself that DKW is dead, I'm cheering myself up with the fact that LHN seeing Yannie Kim (from Sumpitan) instagram story which Yannie Kim do a video with LJW:bawling:

Till this morning I still hope for Voice 4, but now that DKW is really dead, enough is enough. I'll just wait for LHN & LJW new project, and hopefully photoshoot together.

I'm watching High School King Savvy and I'm waiting for her new romcom instead of her confirmation for Voice 4. And I'm watching A Tiger in Winter, hoping LJW would do genre like that instead of something like High Society.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kiya Kiki said:

I'm watching High School King Savvy and I'm waiting for her new romcom instead of her confirmation for Voice 4.

Her korean fans are against her taking on Voice 4 and think that the writer has become greedy thinking that LHN will only do voice. I kinda agree. After 3 years of filming only Voice I think it's for the very best for her to take on another project. I personally can't wait till LHN and LJW take other drama roles. Really want to see them on my screen again. 

The last BTS video is very short but it has some funny and lighthearted scenes that somewhat helped me cheer up a bit. Now that there's no hope left it's easier to move on. 

• Like 2

There will be no DKW next season guys. He is confirmed dead by the writer herself in the interview. Season 4 will be different story.

The choice to ends KW's character has been decided since Season 2 and discussed with actor LJW. He probably originally set to appear in season 2 only, but then the story got more elaborated than intended during planning, and the writer and OCN decided to divide it into two seasons, and they have to discussed it with LJW to appear another season. The writer said, one of the main difficulty for seasonal drama in Korea is that the actor / actress unable to commit to appear for another season, thus she is very thankful to the LJW's loyalty and LHN who has been the Center Director throughout the seasons. She said the ending for KW was the result of the collective thinking among the writer, director and the actors altogether. However, it was regretful that the ending could not translate well the intended meaning of KW sacrificing himself as many scenes were cut off. 

At this point after reading the writer's explanation, it is understandable that actors' commitment is the influential factor for her to write the ending in such a way by cutting him off to make sense of KW disappearance in the next season. I am trying my best to understand that she may have written from KW's perspective that as long as his brother is alive, there will be no chance at all for KJ and GTT team unless Kaneki dead. The theme "City of Accomplices" kind of explain that, even if they caught Kaneki alive and jail him, he is practically still able to make many moves to free himself by moving every minions and accomplices he had (for which we know they have rather remarkable profiles in the society). He is basically the one who holds authority and control over other members, just like how BJS did with his escape. KW maybe learnt from BJS's escape that, there is no way to cut Kaneki off unless he cuts off his life. WIth Kaneki gone, and no one to fear of, the members of the web will point to each other due to distrust and collapse from the inside (just as they hinted with what Koichi did by revealing the name list). They made the Sameta tattoo, but they are wary of and did not trust each other. It was Kaneki who hold them together all along, perhaps through hypnosis and fear.  

BUT, I STILL DO NOT CONDONE THE SACRIFICE IN THE FORM OF SUICIDE MISSION depicted in the ending.

There are many different scenarios they could think of to make KW's noble sacrifice more meaningful instead of having the term "suicide" to associate it with. It's such a shame that such a well-developed character ends up with a suicide stamp in his life's story. For me, it denounce whatever he has been fighting for. 

They could've make the SWAT team arrive during the scene when Kaneki is the one who strangle KW, and perhaps work something from there causing both of them being shot. Or other kind of scenario that could make the fans be more accepting of KW's death.

It is also quite upsetting that the editing team chose to insert the footage where the GTT members seems unbothered of KW's death while visiting Det. Park, but did not show the part where KJ mistaken someone as KW. They could've use that time frame to insert the footage that shows KJ's monologues with KW's memorial tree instead. At least, let everyone including the viewers and fans saying goodbye to the character. 

Yeah, I know I rant so much and sounds like blaming the editing team, but yeah, it is too upsetting they made the sacrifice in the form of suicide mission and left out the reminiscence about him (which to me disrespectful to the character who died for everyone). 

BTW, the writer did not explicitly mention about season 4, but why do I feel like she already has season 4 outlined from the way she answered the interview. 

Maybe it's just me. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyway guys this is the end of series for me. Even if there is a season 4 I'm not going to watch. Had a great time reading all the comments in this forum. Will be waiting for LHN and LJW future projects. Fighting:)!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Yeah, I know I rant so much and sounds like blaming the editing team, but yeah, it is too upsetting they made the sacrifice in the form of suicide mission and left out the reminiscence about him (which to me disrespectful to the character who died for everyone). 

Completely agree with everything you said. I also find it to be disrespectful to KW as a vital character in the series. It's also very upsetting and disappointing that whatever the writer thad in mind they couldn't present in such a way so that the viewers could understand and accept. I can get certain pieces but they don't seem to fit well if you take the whole season 2 an d3 together. I can't accept it because I can think of many other ways to complete this storyline without killing KW and without it being too 'happy' or unrealistic. So yea... I have no idea what the writer has in mind and I don't really care at this point. There will probably be many people who'll watch season 4 but there will also be a whole lot who won't, and that will be because of this season. It's been a while since I've seen such backlash about the ending, the last time it was probably when God's Gift - 14 Days ended with Jo Seung Woo's character's ridiculous death. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nateko said:

Her korean fans are against her taking on Voice 4 and think that the writer has become greedy thinking that LHN will only do voice. I kinda agree. After 3 years of filming only Voice I think it's for the very best for her to take on another project. I personally can't wait till LHN and LJW take other drama roles. Really want to see them on my screen again. 

The last BTS video is very short but it has some funny and lighthearted scenes that somewhat helped me cheer up a bit. Now that there's no hope left it's easier to move on. 

The writer might've ruined DKW's story, but I love VOICE for the heart and the thriller of their episodic cases. Thus, I'm still up for new season and Voice can't be without Kang Center. I'm not against LHN taking a break to do another role at least 1-2 romantic drama before going back to Voice if they really decided to produce Season 04. That's why I also wish the writer and the production team would take a break too before continue the series, see Save Me Season 2 and God's Quiz for example. They need to evaluate their production.

1 hour ago, Kiya Kiki said:

And I'm watching A Tiger in Winter, hoping LJW would do genre like that instead of something like High Society.

As for LJW, I favor him doing a lot of action and DKW really give him different image from a romantic lead actor he used to do a lot in previous works. So, I would like him to do similar project again, not turning into romance or romcom after VOICE. We see Gong Yoo in The Suspect, we see Hyun Bin in The Negotiation, why not Lee Jin Wook?  I watched him in The Target and Time Renegades but those are not enough, he is A-List actor, right?

@ellelyana88 

THIS!! I QUOTE YOU.

They could've make the SWAT team arrive during the scene when Kaneki is the one who strangle KW, and perhaps work something from there causing both of them being shot.

Damn, many scenarios they still could pick to kill him better but the actual ending.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, nateko said:

Completely agree with everything you said. I also find it to be disrespectful to KW as a vital character in the series. It's also very upsetting and disappointing that whatever the writer thad in mind they couldn't present in such a way so that the viewers could understand and accept. I can get certain pieces but they don't seem to fit well if you take the whole season 2 an d3 together. I can't accept it because I can think of many other ways to complete this storyline without killing KW and without it being too 'happy' or unrealistic. So yea... I have no idea what the writer has in mind and I don't really care at this point. There will probably be many people who'll watch season 4 but there will also be a whole lot who won't, and that will be because of this season. It's been a while since I've seen such backlash about the ending, the last time it was probably when God's Gift - 14 Days ended with Jo Seung Woo's character's ridiculous death. 

I think I'm more inclined to blame the production company sloppy arrangement for the whole season. 

I bet the writer already finished all the scripts for the whole 16 episodes  since the beginning of the filming, but the production company... hmmm.. I'm stopping myself here. :vicx:

If Lee Hana decided to reprise her role if there is another season, I will watch it for her and the heart and soul of Voice about saving people. I started this series because of her anyway and she is the central character of Voice. But, I also developed much affection to KW's character as everyone here. I found the way they make of his death is unacceptable. 

But, I will find it distasteful if the writer ever make the next season about her partner being "problematic" again. 

Maybe pair her with a female partner for a change and shift the plot dynamics. LOL

However, as a long time fan, I share the opinion with her K-fans and I do hope she do other drama first. Or maybe spend time to do her music first and go travelling, catching up with performances and concerts and meeting up with King of Convenience. LOL!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, baiyu4eva said:

Anyway guys this is the end of series for me. Even if there is a season 4 I'm not going to watch. Had a great time reading all the comments in this forum. Will be waiting for LHN and LJW future projects. Fighting:)!!

It makes me angry to think that the writer wanted to end KW in Voice 3.. 

I agree with you no more Voice 4. Does the writer think the fans are going to go through another hell bell of loving Detective Moo Jin Hyuk (season 1) and Detective Do Kang Woo (season 2 & 3), I don't think I want to watch another one of voice. 

I think its better Lee Ha Na move on from Voice. Voice 4 may not be good as these three seasons as the writer did a big damaged by ending Kang Woo life in the end. The fans are very upset (me too) that after reading writer interview that she wanted to end KW life for the good of GTT team. 

I would prefer they had funeral for Kang Woo and not left it like that. Say he died before he had no choice and he sacrificed himself for his team lives. That would have been better interpretation. 

If I'm not mistaken the Director for season 2 and 3 are different person.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nateko said:

Part 2 of the writer's interview. They could've shown this in the drama, it would've been interesting, instead of just explaining after the drama ended

내 말이...

The connection wasn't even properly explained but instead they just show Detective Park relentlessly searching for the real sponsors. 

The intention is all great, but the execution was really out of place. 

• Like 2