[Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3

nateko

2 minutes ago, msaamia said:

And I do believe it was Kwon Yool who was the one who killed DKW.. just a really messy season this year. I am not happy at. 

Yeah, one of the possibility. 

Maybe in first episode of season 4 they start with the talk about who actually fired the shot. Because among the SWAT team, there must be report on which gun shot the bullet. 

First 2 episodes of season 4 (if any) must clarify a lot of unexplained plot holes in the finale. Like, did Congressman Makio survived and made his witness statement? 

KJ looking so peaceful and everyone else look unbothered and joking with each other did kind of confusing reactions to me. Unlike when Chief Na's death. Hmmm..

I can't wait for the release of any interview with the leads or the writer. 

What did she had in mind actually. And also waiting for the confirmation about season 4 too. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, baiyu4eva said:

Guys did anyone notice the photo on piano in epilogue. It looked like DKW to me:huh:

I thought it looked like Kaneki to me. 

Haha.

They purposely blurred it to incite divided opinions. Hahaha

What has this drama done to us :joy:

• Like 4

Geeze... what is this about serial killers and Mozart... please already... 

Sigh... I was tearing up somewhat disappointed with the decision to kill off KW then... I saw the quivering of his chin and regained some hope. But then the news broadcaster announced that he was dead. After which we have these long shots of LJU standing in the plains during KJ's voice over. So um er... is KW dead or not? Of course it won't be the first time the mainstream media perpetuates a lie about anything. Especially if they're being lied to as well.

So I asked the husband if it was possible for someone to survive a headshot. He said yes... depending on "trajectory, type of bullet and point of impact." So perhaps... I also mentioned I saw a lot of blood. But then Kdramaland loves blood so that doesn't mean anything. Apparently assassins go for under the ear to be sure because a direct hit on the forehead is no guarantee of fatality.  

But I had a feeling even before KW entered Kaneki's lair that it was a suicide mission. He always planned to kami kaze himself even from the start of the season. A shame really because he didn't have to die although I think he believed that the only way to stop Kaneki was to off him once and for all. I certainly share that view that Kaneki needed to go but I don't think KW had to be sacrificed. Also surprising was that Congressman Makio survived. Kaneki doesn't seem to be as good with the garrotte as I was led to believe. :P

Right until the bitter end Kaneki believed he was doing little bro KW a favour... he was setting him to be free to "live up to his potential". It is a very warped view of things and I don't condone it but I think it echoes certain kinds of deterministic arguments that are made today... taking them to their logical extreme.

It was unbelievable to me what JW and KW's dad did. I'm not sure if the writer ran out of ideas or was trying too hard to make Kaneki more sympathetic than he deserved. But casting a mentally ill child into a well was horrific no matter what the child did and then he turned himself in as the killer. What was the point of that? Okay I get that there's a lot of stigma attached to mental illness but to have yourself and your entire family branded as psychopathic killers must surely be worse. The whole reveal made so little sense to me. I can't help feeling that the writer was more beholden to an agenda rather than just letting the story flow naturally.

I suppose it was then that I realised that the show also wants to say something about family. JW/Kaneki was obsessed with genetics... with blood ties. KW was his biological brother and yet he couldn't turn him into a clone of himself. I imagine KW experienced much of a family when he was in the police force... with the Nas, and then the Golden Time Team. It's quite moving that he gained acceptance and support from the GTT in his battle to retain his humanity. Despite trying to maintain his distance and to shun them, they were like a surrogate family. They had far more in common with him wanting to help people and save lives then his birth brother did. I don't think we can deny our biological ties and influences but clearly our impulse to be a part of a family compels us to make our own families where we can.

There's this lovely scene of KW running through the poison gas to save the little girl on the top floor of the building. He didn't waste a single moment in hesitation. He wasn't even officially a police officer anymore. That is who DKW really is... he embodied that self-sacrificing impulse to save lives which made him an ideal candidate of the dispatch team. Through that act we see a confirmation that KW was always his own man.

One last thing, the mysterious pianist at the end. I wonder if she's the child psychiatrist, Mrs Kaneki. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The whole reveal made so little sense to me. I can't help feeling that the writer was more beholden to an agenda rather than just letting the story flow naturally.

Somebody also commented in the Youtube's  comment section about the writer having this hidden agenda rather than developing sensical ending. But, I rather not re-quote what that person wrote because of its sensitivity by associating the agenda with religion. :vicx:

18 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

One last thing, the mysterious pianist at the end. I wonder if she's the child psychiatrist, Mrs Kaneki. 

I've been guessing that lady is Kaneki Keiko too since last night. 

Being a former child psychologist could explain so much how they could groom those children and teenagers, ingraining the extremely twisted and sadistic view about saving the world. 

28 minutes ago, baiyu4eva said:

We need to start a Kang Woo fan club to ease our hearts:)

57 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

It ruined me. Lol. Kang Woo:cold_sweat:

Count me in. 

For once, I really hope KJ doesn't have to lose any of her partner anymore.

But.. geez.. 

Writer-nim.... :tired:

BTW,

last night's rating according to AGB Nielsen:

Nationwide: 5.517%

Seoul: 6.366%

They couldn't break season's 2 highest rating which during the finale episode (7.1% nationwide).

But, the percentage is very good for OCN as cable channel and it was higher than season 1. I bet it also gained a lot more international followers and fans around the globe. I guess, the steady rating can be a valid reason for OCN to keep making the season. 

• Like 4

it is really on the head? Still in denial, KW already had a head injury or blood in “that”

head before SWAT shoot him. And how come the distance of their body, like between him and kaneki is quite far? How did he fell from the shot?  Ahhhh

”that rest in peace” blew me off really, but somebody keep whispering on me that, they can declared KW death but it doesn’t mean he was dead. He needs a new name, a new life, but even then, if he is actually alive, how can he be a GTT now? Im really heartbroken, KJ hearing getting well means a possible S4. So she probably get a new partner then!...

thanks everyone for the input and sights, at least i found myself watching the last episode, I actually dont want to watch it but because of you guys, i took a courage to watch it..

• Like 5

Just watched the last episode. I agree with @nateko that they made Chief Na's death pointless. I honestly don't mind if KW dead, but not this way, after fulfilling Kaneki's wish, not Chief Na's. It's okay for me if he's dead sacrificing himself to kill Kaneki, but I don't think it can be called sacrifice bcs Kaneki doesn't even attack him, he welcomed it.

But I guess that's how KW is, and he died as a human (for what he thinks, and at least for what KJ and GTT think), no news or statement given about his death due to killing Kaneki.

I really hope he's alive. But my rational thinking wouldn't agree. Why would they confirm the center that he's dead if he's not? Why would the news broadcast his death?

KJ said rest in peace to him and I don't think that words can be said to a living person.

But, just to enlighten you guys of hoping KW alive and next season with him (hehe), you could see it from his last scene in the theatre, he's still breathing (if not dying), and we didn't get to see 'his last breathe'.

And KJ's phone call with dr. Sung, I think it was there on purpose, to hint us of KW's whereabout IF he's alive. It would be pointless to put that scene when KJ doesn't even have a chance to talk to KW about it.

Then of course GTT has moved on with life, but if you're hoping for more then you could say it is because Kang Woo is alive. And we could see Detective Park texting someone with his phone before GTT visit him, you can interpret this as Det Park texting KW, asking his condition.

Also BJS doesn't mention KW's death. Although I could say it's because his vengeance towards Kaneki that he only mentioned him to that woman, you can interpret it as because BJS knows that KW is alive.

Spoiler

About BJS scene, I think it's just really a special appearance and he won't comeback for next season. His last words, "You won't see me again even in the afterlife" could be interpreted "Since the one's messing with me (Kaneki) is dead, I shall start a new life away from here"

I want to give kudos to LHN for her crying scene, like it is one of the most natural crying I've ever seen in K-drama for a while. Her cries (not KW's headshot) made me cry in the first place.

I'll still see Voice 4, I miss the individual case episode, because that's the heart of this show. From the 1st season up until middle episodes of 3rd season the heart is still there, and it what made people (including me) attracted to Voice in the first place, how Voice changes people view about mental health and the society around the country. And I love it when the mid-credit text is a thank you note for all the police officer in Korea.

But as much as I want to, I'm not sure if LHN (and LJW) will be back for the 4th installment. She said she wanted to do romcom. And both LHN and LJW has been doing some thriller in a row. They need refreshment for their image. For LJW it might be easy getting another role since he's an A list. But I read about LHN struggle with getting role, and I do think she want to do something different from Voice. I wish for their best.

And since the rating is 5.5% we wouldn't get Instagram Live as LHN and LJW promised. I hope we get something else to heal this aching heart.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I didn't watch it with subs yet and couldn't sleep well tonight because of Kw's death. What a way to start the week. Ya know, the worst part for me is that it just ruined this season completely and I don't want to watch next seasons if they come out. When season 2 ended I said that if KJ is dead then there's no Voice 3 for me but this time I don't want to watch the next season not only because KW is dead but because I kinda lost my trust in the writer. And that's the saddest part. When KW died it felt like a big richard simmons U from the writer but that epilogue was even worse, because that one felt like a slap in the face. I fully agree with what you guys have been saying, we need to hire BJS to deal with the writer. :ph34r: As for BJS himself, well I guess cockroaches don't die that easy, huh.

Dang it, I'm really angry that the writer ruined this season for me. I think the ratings do reflect how the public felt about this season quite well.  Usually I don't pay attention to the ratings but this time they seemed pretty accurate. The first season was thrilling every episode and was exciting and interesting. No wonder it set the bar so high and broke the ratings record. The second season had a different dynamic but it had a heart and soul, it was heartfelt and beautifully showed the relationship of the GTT members. No wonder it set the bar even higher. As for the third season, it was sad, gloomy, angry and depressing, sometimes even tiresome to watch. The fact the we never really saw KW smile is kinda telling. No one smiled in this season. So no wonder the ratings fell, people are not dumb. The pacing was weird at times and the story plummeted so much in the last episode. I still can't wrap my head around what exactly happened with the writer. That ending didn't feel like her's, it was so out of place. 

In one of the interviews the writer mentioned that Voice was always about saving lives but then when it came to a character whose life was truly worth saving she messed up. I really don't like the message that KW's death sent to me personally. It felt like it was saying that a person whose been battling mental illness, specifically antisocial personality disorder, didn't stand a chance and because it was so difficult it's better to just end it all and be dead. Even if that wasn't what the writer tried to say with KW's death, as a person who battled depression 3 years ago and won KW's ending just sent me into a new episode of depression all over again. The writer should have never even explored mental illness if she was gonna half *ss it like that because someone else who went through a hard time or who's currently battling illness might really come to a very dangerous conclusion based on how KW's life ended up. This is messed up on so many levels. In the end Kw couldn't even be buried at the police cemetery because he quit but he deserved to be sent away properly. I also can't wrap my head around the fact that everyone was so cheerful after KW's death when barely weeks went by. Like how is that possible? I said it before, when I thought that KJ was dead, and I'll say it again - my most hated thing is when writers disrespect their own characters. If somehow KW miraculously end up alive next season, I'm gonna say a big F* U to the writer because enough is enough. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, ellelyana88 said:

Somebody also commented in the Youtube's  comment section about the writer having this hidden agenda rather than developing sensical ending. But, I rather not re-quote what that person wrote because of its sensitivity by associating the agenda with religion. :vicx:

I've been guessing that lady is Kaneki Keiko too since last night. 

Being a former child psychologist could explain so much how they could groom those children and teenagers, ingraining the extremely twisted and sadistic view about saving the world. 

Well, you've certainly piqued my curiosity about the YT comment. ;) Feel free to PM me the link to that comment. Always interested when religion comes up. I personally didn't see anything religious about what Dad did to his family but this could be an interesting line of thought. It's horrific that a father would take that sort of route. Okay, I can see why Dad would take the rap for Miho's murder but to literally bury his son just doesn't make sense... it's not logical. Why not send JW to a mental institution instead? Is it his way of protecting of KW? We should have been given more information about those sorts of things especially when they made such a mystery of Miho's death and whodunnit.

With regard to Kaneki Keiko, she had access to all these disturbed children and plenty of time to brainwash them thoroughly. It makes sense to me that there's a lot more to Kaneki's murderous streak than him escaping the well. He was still a teenager then. Someone had to help him fake his identity and establish him as a member of the Kaneki household. Also, I've always believed that this children were experimented on or tampered with and this would go some way in explaining a few things along those lines.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sushilicious said:

I am angry. At this time, i don't need no BJS crap. I just want my Kang Woo to live...

Exactly! Actually I was so angry when they showed BJS alive. Like what the heck?! So this dude gets to live and yet KW, who tried the hardest to lead a good life, has to die. What for? I really want to read all the interviews that will come out soon enough. The writer must explain herself at this point. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone, a silent reader here but now since the show has ended (with an unexpected open ending at that), I hope it's ok for me to share my thoughts :)

For me...

1. no funeral = not dead

2. LHN's crying.... omg. Never thought that's the sound I'd hear and it totally caught me off guard. *grabs tissue*

3. BJS shot KW? I think it's possible. Maybe he was disguised as SWAT, or maybe he took the shot from a secret room or something since the place is a total maze.

4. I think there will be a Season 4. Whether LHN and LJW will come back, I'm not sure. But if this were Hollywood, they usually secure the contract before making such ending / teaser for the next season.

5. I second @Kiya Kiki in that I miss the individual cases. This season is so hectic and chaotic, and when you look at it this way, it's appropriate that KW should die in this season (hopefully temporarily, enough to heal his illness).

6. I agree that KJ was on her way back from visiting KW when she received the text from the hospital (at the super beautiful walkway lined with trees). If KW is alive, it makes sense if KJ is the only person who knows about that and about his treatment. I think (at least now) there's that level of trust between them. Plus, KJ never really shared to anyone about what the Professor said about treatment for KW in the US. Maybe that treatment can be brought into Korea? Who knows.

7. The set used for Kaneki's hideout has been used in so many other dramas it's getting old..... The Fiery Priest, Player... what else? While it doesn't necessarily affect the drama's quality, I kinda wish they'd find someplace else to shoot kekeke

And that's all! Sorry for the long post! Have to say I had a blast reading all of your comments here while watching Voice 3, can't wait to see you guys again on another drama :D

• Like 3

oh yea that crying scene, LHN nailed it! You can feel it. I almost cry with her. A cry of losing a love one.

KJ’s feeling, you can feel it in that moment.

I wanna cry from disappointment though.

and yea same with others, don’t want to watch it anymore or Im not totally excited if there’s a season 4

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Man, I really feel sorry for Detective Yang. First, he lost Chief Na. It was heartbreaking for him. Then, no matter how mad he was at Kang Woo, in the end, he realized the goodness in DKW and went very close to him. Then, he lost DKW, too. I feel sad for him. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well, you've certainly piqued my curiosity about the YT comment. ;) Feel free to PM me the link to that comment. Always interested when religion comes up. I personally didn't see anything religious about what Dad did to his family but this could be an interesting line of thought. It's horrific that a father would take that sort of route. Okay, I can see why Dad would take the rap for Miho's murder but to literally bury his son just doesn't make sense... it's not logical. Why not send JW to a mental institution instead? Is it his way of protecting of KW? We should have been given more information about those sorts of things especially when they made such a mystery of Miho's death and whodunnit.

AH, I'm sorry if any of my words bring confusion. It was directed about your feeling that the writer seems to have other agenda (which I quoted), not the whole part about KW's father buried JW. I will have to find that comment again in Youtube. Surely will pm you the link.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I also mentioned I saw a lot of blood.

Tecnically there is still hope. Any doctor could tell that head wounds even superficial tend to bleed profusingly. Also KW was shot to the shoulder (??) recently maybe the bloodstain can be partially from that wound after the impact with the ground. Also we do not see the entry wound to the head. It looks like he was shot not from the position of the SWAT but the opposide one. Ok, that are my main ideas 'cos i can't stand seing KW dead.

Also i was wondering about property inharitance laws in Japan/Korea. Do you need to apply for your legacy? KW could be one hell of a rich guy if he inharites his brother's property. Just an idea for those who write fanfics.

And even if KW is dead i'm really dissapointed that they do not show..for example..his commemorative photo in headquaters or people visiting his grave..oh hell..him meeting some good people in his afterlife.

Edited by Tmia
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

The main thing I'm not satisfied with the ending is that KW fulfilled Kaneki's expectation of him.

He even thanked KW for murdering him, because KW has become a murderer like him too. 

Gosh!

What is the writer even thinking to write this kind of ending. What message does she want to convey when it ends like this. 

The evil always wins???

NOw, even if KW is alive, he can't even come back as a police officer because he murdered Kaneki. 

Sigh.

Well, I don't really see it that way because if you noticed, the news broadcaster never linked KW's death with Kaneki's. It's interesting that Kaneki's death was explained as something that occurred during a chase. So the people on the scene protected KW's memory and chose to interpret his actions as an act of self-sacrifice which it was. Because I think they had at the back of their minds too BJS' escape. These guys aren't ordinary murderers. They kill easily and kill for kicks.

It is true that KW appointed himself judge, jury and executioner... and I think it's right to be uneasy about it if we believe in the rule of law. But from his perspective, he was doing what he's always done... saving lives and protecting others from Kaneki and himself... most likely.

@Tmia -- I know exactly how you feel dear. :) There's a part of me that thinks he survived. It wouldn't be the first time Kdramaland sacrificed science at the altar of storytelling. But then it isn't beyond the medical pale for KW to have survived the shot... wherever it hit him. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

And one more question. Please tell me who was that guy crying in the mortuary over the Kaneki's wife body? Was it Kanaki himself? 

PS Oh..and how i wished for any anknowledgment and appology from Congressman..instead of words about the "Kaneki's collection"...And also some info about hipnosys and that lighter clicking. Because if it's the case of all KW's visions it can be undone by another session.

Edited by Tmia
  • Like 3